Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon's Complete 180 is Lazy Writing

For a second, I thought the scene between him and Lily was a dream sequence, but it was real . All it took for Devon to get over things were insensitive guilt trips from his family members and a lousy 12 month jail sentence. Go figure.

It was rushed to wrap the story. I thought Hillary was killed off to give the Winters plenty of drama and story yet here we are 6 weeks later.

Comment

Extremely lazy writing. I’m like WTF just happened?! At this point I would have flipped the script. Once Lily got sentenced to prison I wanted her to be done with Devon. Tell your family don’t ask him to come see me because I don’t want to see him. You wanted me to pay well I’m paying but we are DONE!! I’m not a fan of the tear down and then the insta forgiveness.

Comment

When i saw him show up at the jail, I was disgusted but when he said “what I did to YOU”, I turned the channel. Really just disgusting. Nasty shrew Lily was so busy attacking his wife that she ran the red light that cost him his wife and baby but now SHE’S the victim. This show is getting worse and worse for me

Comment

I thought it would take an attack from an inmate for Devon to show up at the jail. That attack might still happen it's the family keeps talking about. The family wants her in protective custody, Lily does not want to be singled out, she might get attacked, then Devon will feel guilty and demand she be released.

Comment

I agree that the insta forgiveness is unbelievable and lazy. Hilary’s death wasn’t pretty to watch but it set the foundation for a real conflict. The writers should have had Devon speak on Lily’s behalf solely because he realized how much Charlie and Mattie were being hurt. That should have been his motivation. Devon should have otherwise maintained his distance. Let some time go by. Devon should have thawed slowly. His quick turnaround makes him seem like a diva rather than a man who was drowning in grief.

Comment

Eh he never should have had an attitude to start with...That was the lazy writing. I give him less than a month before he is hooking up with another woman.

Comment

• BlueberryJam
                BlueberryJam commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope, I disagree. His pain and grief could've been a launching pad for many potential storylines for the Winters'. His pain could've changed over time and the changing dynamics of the family could've played out nicely on screen. It seems like the Newman's and the Abbott's are only allowed to have this type of nuance.

I am betting that new character might be the inmate who saves her or something along those lines

Comment

Originally posted by divanisey View Post
                Extremely lazy writing. I’m like WTF just happened?! At this point I would have flipped the script. Once Lily got sentenced to prison I wanted her to be done with Devon. Tell your family don’t ask him to come see me because I don’t want to see him. You wanted me to pay well I’m paying but we are DONE!! I’m not a fan of the tear down and then the insta forgiveness.
                So much this! I would've loved to see that! Lily should've said, "You got what you wanted and so did Hillary in the end. Enjoy." That would've been a shocker.

Comment

It could be due to the shift away from Lily and her family that they are suddenly wrapping this up. Every spoiler had been indicating this was meant to be a long term sl.

Comment

• soapfan6
                    soapfan6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea I think this was the case! I think once CK decided to go recurring status, they had to do a 180 on the story! I for one was looking forward to the conflict! Now I have no reason to watch on a regular bases.

• Emerald Greens
                    Emerald Greens commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I could see them eventually getting on better but it would probably take time. I expected this sl would play out for some time. The sl has potential.

I think it was another sl that shifted quickly when CK went to recurring.

The concensus on this board (one that I do not agree with) is that stories drag on for too long. Be careful what you wish for ...

Comment

• alex200606
                    alex200606 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the problem is; good stories or at least half believable ones get the sack, whilst frozen, animated, 'this is ridiculously insulting', stories run through sweeps week. do they still do sweeps?

I’m glad Devon changed his tune, Hillary was no saint and her actions should have been brought up that helped caused this accident. Michael should have said how Hillary was basically taunting Lilly the whole time she was driving, Hillary was equally responsible for that accident as Lilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Elisheba24 View Post
                    I thought it would take an attack from an inmate for Devon to show up at the jail. That attack might still happen it's the family keeps talking about. The family wants her in protective custody, Lily does not want to be singled out, she might get attacked, then Devon will feel guilty and demand she be released.
                    Why should Lily get protective custody when nothing has happened to her? I thought the family was nuts to expect that just because ... why? Lily's not someone with a background who would provoke an attack. Not a former cop, snitch, or mafia moll. She's a suburban woman who ran a red light and someone accidentally died. There's a chance here for the show to do some interesting "Orange Is the New Black" kind of stories, but I know they won't put any money toward that.

Comment

• Elisheba24
                      Elisheba24 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe Lily told Cane that she has been targeted by some inmates, I don't recall why they targeted her, if they know the details behind her incarceration. She broke down to Cane and Charlie saw through that window in the visiting room.

Well after the hissy fit for a month he does a 180. He could have stopped Lily going to jail. He said she would never be his sister. Is this a cruel joke? I have no words about Devon left. How does a person change overnight? If Shauna stops in for a visit I will scream. Heard a new actress playing Lily?

Comment

Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
                      I’m glad Devon changed his tune, Hillary was no saint and her actions should have been brought up that helped caused this accident. Michael should have said how Hillary was basically taunting Lilly the whole time she was driving, Hillary was equally responsible for that accident as Lilly.
                      But the law doesn't consider the passenger or anyone who might be a distraction. It(law)only cares about the driver. If passengers in cars,who were a distraction,were taken into consideration
                      and found at fault(and as a result,thrown in prison)a LOT of CHILDREN would be in prison for distracting their parents.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X