Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That arbitration was a disgusting and vile thing (merged)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That arbitration was a disgusting and vile thing (merged)

aside from the real life news, that is.

Why did it become all about Sharon's past? Why was she the only person questioned? Why was Victor's latest prison stint completely swept under the rug, while Sharon's entire mental health history was picked apart piece by piece? Why wasn't Nikki's alcoholism brought into question? Where were all the witnesses testifying to all the evil things Victor has done to them. Where was Phyllis? She couldn't stay out of Nick's business, and now when she could be useful, she' s completely MIA. And finally, how on earth did Victor win that. It was absolutely disgusting, and a complete insult to anybody who has ever suffered from a mental condition. I almost wanted to throw up on both Victor and Michael who was so despicable today.

Michael is sitting there trashing Nick and Sharon and no one is bringing up all the bad Victor has done. This hearing is absurd.

Comment

Michael really didn't do anything a good lawyer wouldn't do. The questions were valid. My question is Victor even warned Nick he would go after Sharon and yet Brittany had nothing planned to combat that other than coaching Sharon. Nobody like Phyllis was there because Brittany didn't call them! She could have had rebuttal witnesses too.

In the end though I have no doubt this is anything but Shick angst. In the end I am sure they will end up close and stronger than ever and raising Christian. I think Mal wanted angst for them without involving either of the cheating. What I hope is we now see a darker Nick going for revenge on Victor. It actually good make for good story or Nick.

Comment

• newyorknewyork
        newyorknewyork commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe something is going to happen to Christian while Victor has custody. Victor's health isn't good. A few days ago he grabbed his chest on pain.

I know it's a soap opera and we're supposed to suspend reality, but that arbitration was a suspension common sense.
      Who take custody, even if it's temporary, away from 2 healthy 40 year olds who are also raising a little girl and give it to senior citizen who just had a stroke.
      Also making Sharon's mental health an issue when ignoring Victor's decades long criminal history is a slap in the face to mental health.

Comment

• mamabarri
        mamabarri commented
        Editing a comment
        not to mention the fact that nikki had killed what, THREE people that the cops know about? and she falls off the wagon regularly??? GEEZ!!

Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
      Michael really didn't do anything a good lawyer wouldn't do. The questions were valid. My question is Victor even warned Nick he would go after Sharon and yet Brittany had nothing planned to combat that other than coaching Sharon. Nobody like Phyllis was there because Brittany didn't call them! She could have had rebuttal witnesses too.

In the end though I have no doubt this is anything but Shick angst. In the end I am sure they will end up close and stronger than ever and raising Christian. I think Mal wanted angst for them without involving either of the cheating. What I hope is we now see a darker Nick going for revenge on Victor. It actually good make for good story or Nick.
      Right, Michael is doing his job. I really don't see the issue. Nick and Brittany knew Sharon was a liability - they knew they had to be prepared for the person who kept the child from his "father" at the time to be asked tough questions. If anyone knew Sharon suffered from mental illness it's Phyllis - she's been telling people FOR YEARS prior to even diagnosis BUT she hates Victor so she wouldn't have minded working to help Nick in this case. Plus, Phyllis wanted Nick to keep the baby in the first place so that would have been an added bonus for her.

Nick will probably have the baby back in a month. That's how tired and predictable, the show is.

Comment

• mixtropolis
        mixtropolis commented
        Editing a comment
        Victor is his primary client though, so it makes more sense for him to be Victor's lawyer. Nick using Leslie would make sense - she was Juliet's attorney and she's good. Michael was Victor's lawyer in the Marco case - and honestly, if Phyllis wasn't the victim, he probably would have actually fought for Victor. Since Phyllis >>>>> Victor in his mind, he was able to prioritise his friendship. Nick is not as important to Michael. Sharon means even less to Michael.
        Last edited by mixtropolis; 06-13-2018, 07:57 PM.

• lmfan
        lmfan commented
        Editing a comment
        It might be nice to know Michael chose to represent Victor rather than Nick but that is the problem when certain fully realized characters are relegated to service characters by the headwriter. We should have seen Michael talking over the case with Lauren but they are not allowed to be on screen together at the same time. So we get Michael feeling bad in a brief scene and that is all the reflection they will give Michael onscreen. As for his scenes today, he did his job and he did it well.

• lmfan
        lmfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Since when is Victor, Michael's main client? That hasn't been true in about five years.

Sharon isn't a liability when it comes to Faith. So why can't Sharon and Nick raise Christian?

Comment

• WorldTurner
        WorldTurner commented
        Editing a comment
        What I expected to be brought up since Victor mentioned it before is in the past Nick and sued for and won sole custody of Faith. I think that happened a couple of times.

I agree that Michael is doing his job.

My problem is that Nick isn't doing his. If Nick wants to stay with Sharon and if he really wanted this to all be over, then Nick could have revealed some family secrets. Nick didn't go all out to save Christian.

I also blame the judge because it seems that she weighed Sharon's history more than Victor's history.

Comment

I'm bugged about how they can take a toddler away from 2 healthy 40+ year olds and give him to 2 unhealthy senior citizens.

Comment

Agree, op. What a message to put out there, that people with mental illness who are in regular treatment and on medication aren't fit caregivers for the children in their blended family.

Horrific. I'll be taking a break.

Comment

It is annoying when Phyllis is in everyone's storyline and not her own. However, it isn't just about Phyllis here it's just that Jack, Phyllis, Mariah should have been called as witnesses against Victor without Phyllis for example needing to be 100 % in this story. Mariah because Victor hired her to gaslight Sharon, Jack for what he did recently and Phyllis because of the Marco situation.

Comment

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              Since I'm not a lawyer lol, I wonder if Jack and Phyllis would even be allowed to talk about the whole Marco thing. It was addressed that Victor had 2 prior felonies and one of those was for Marco. I wonder if they could even be brought up again.

Originally posted by krh5038 View Post
            aside from the real life news, that is.

Why did it become all about Sharon's past? Why was she the only person questioned? Why was Victor's latest prison stint completely swept under the rug, while Sharon's entire mental health history was picked apart piece by piece? Why wasn't Nikki's alcoholism brought into question? Where were all the witnesses testifying to all the evil things Victor has done to them. Where was Phyllis? She couldn't stay out of Nick's business, and now when she could be useful, she' s completely MIA. And finally, how on earth did Victor win that. It was absolutely disgusting, and a complete insult to anybody who has ever suffered from a mental condition. I almost wanted to throw up on both Victor and Michael who was so despicable today.
            I completely agree with you. Victor has a long list of horrendous behavior, including locking Julia up in his basement prison, to having a felony record, to kicking Nick off the ranch, ...and who for all intents and purposes appears to still be a very ill man.

Why was Nikki not there? She said previously she would support V. Her history, stripper, murder, alcoholism and her MS which flairs with stress.... a toddler and a sick husband definitely qualifies as stressors. V& N are not young and have numerous obligations away from the home. At least the “open marriage” is apparently over with.

I don’t be liege this well written. Can’t see arbitration giving the child to the grandfather when the legal parent hasn’t done some pretty serious poor parenting.

Comment

I just don’t understand why Sharon’s past was thrown in her face and Nikki’s wasn’t. Nikki should have been there, she is married to Victor and will have more influence over Christian than Sharon will being with Nick and Nikki has an acoholic past, why wasn’t that brought up?

Comment

• WorldTurner
                WorldTurner commented
                Editing a comment
                Likely Nick would have said not to go after his mother.

Why wasn't Victor's criminal past brought up? Why didn't Nick bring up Victor's involvement in Adam's death and in helping Chloe escape? Why is it ok for the child to be in a home with not only elderly grandparents but Victor is a convicted felon and Nikki has committed her share of murder's or killings or causing someone to loose their life, however you want to put it. She is also an former alcoholic, which according to Victor's logic she shouldn't be trusted with children because she could re-laps and cause danger

Comment

• WorldTurner
                WorldTurner commented
                Editing a comment
                They did state Victor was convicted of 2 felonies but said he had served his time. I'm hoping Nick will now bring up the Chloe history.

• gophereater
                gophereater commented
                Editing a comment
                How true and Nikki was just in trouble for embezzlement--whether JT helped her get off or not--her record is not clean by any means

Originally posted by newyorknewyork View Post
              I know it's a soap opera and we're supposed to suspend reality, but that arbitration was a suspension common sense.
              Who take custody, even if it's temporary, away from 2 healthy 40 year olds who are also raising a little girl and give it to senior citizen who just had a stroke.
              Also making Sharon's mental health an issue when ignoring Victor's decades long criminal history is a slap in the face to mental health.
              I agree with you, but Sharon and Nick have to be at least 50. the thing that is so stupid about all this is how unrealistic it is. Nicholas is Christian's legal parent. PERIOD. In no state does a child come up for grabs just because DNA later proves the parent on the birth certificate not to be the biological parent. Completely ridiculous.

Comment

And no Nick should't distance himself for a woman who he loves. Sharon is Christian's mom in everyway that counts, she raised him, loves him and would be a terrific mother to him. It is Victor who is using the kid as a pawn for being an heir.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X