• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amazee_Dayzee
    Executive Poster
    • Aug 2008

A question about the serial killer at the end of Loving

Just wanted to know if there were two things that were ever stated on the show because I can't find anything out and thought somebody who watched the show back then might know.

1) Did they ever reveal what poison Gwyneth used to kill everybody? I assume it was the same one.

2) How exactly did Curtis die? He was in an immersion tank and lost consciousness. Was he drugged?​
  • Nicky77
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Mar 2024

The serial killer at the end of "Loving" leaves viewers grappling with moral ambiguity and the complexities of human nature. The film's portrayal of the killer prompts questions about empathy, forgiveness, and the blurred lines between good and evil. It challenges audiences to confront uncomfortable truths about society and the capacity for darkness within us all.

Comment

• JaySherman
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

Gwyn used different methods to kill each person and I don't know of any poison that takes multiple forms

Stacey was killed with poison body powder
      Clay died of a heart attack as a result of poisoned brandy
      Cabot and Isabel died as result of poisoned fumes from candles.
      Curtis became unconscious due to gas released in the room he was in. He then drown in an immersion pool.
      Jeremy was plastered to death - literally covered in a bucket of quick set plaster.
      Tess nearly lost her life when Gwyn planned to inject her with poison but Steffi stopped her.

Years later, General Hospital revisited Loving as part of a storyline but only showed a small room of the Alden Mansion. The original set was one of the most expensive in daytime history and GH/ABC didn't have the budget or space to recreate it.
      Last edited by JaySherman; March 31, 2024, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Amazee_Dayzee
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2008

So Curtis ended up getting gassed in an immersion pool? Did we see the killer (Gwyn) turn on the gas? If she did use gas (I assume carbon monoxide) wouldn't she have been affected and died too? Or did she turn it on. leave the room and then turned it off after Curtis drowned?

Comment

• Bronson
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2004

Years ago the actress who portrayed Trisha Alden claimed that the writers had intended that Trisha be the serial killer but that the actress said that fans would hate it. Now a producer of the show had said that it was decided that Gwyneth was always meant to be the serial killer. It never made sense to me that it be Gwyneth.

Comment

• PCfrom80s
            PCfrom80s commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. I was in HS and remember watching it in the summers with my grandmother of lunch. Shame the killed of Jeremy instead of sending him back to AMC. I recall the long set up that it was Trisha. But maybe it always was a red herring. The reveal of Gwen I recall as a shocker -. But wasn’t there an odd double click sound that was a clue from someone almost killed? And I have a vague memory of Gwen double clicking a locket or necklace w charm that made her think she was Trisha. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
        • Amazee_Dayzee
          Executive Poster
          • Aug 2008

I wanna know how Curtis was killed but Gwyn who released the gas in the first place wasn't affected. She was in the room with him and she saw him drown right?

Comment

• Amazee_Dayzee
            Executive Poster
            • Aug 2008

Yeah that is what I was trying to figure out. He was fine one second and then turned over and drowned.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X