X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoTownGrl06
    Day Player
    • Nov 2019

I started Loving and made the transition with them. I do think that The City was more targeted to a younger set of viewers and seemed to be more hip than the original Loving.

Comment

• JCmojoe81
      JCmojoe81 commented
      Editing a comment
      dee2 funny enough I literally just read an interview with Laura Wright who plays Carly, and she mentioned how she used to roller blade all around NYC so they wrote it in the show! It was definitely Ally.

Wasn't there a girl named Zoe or Zoey or something that we thought was Roscoe Borns daughter or was revealed to be his daughter or something?

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^Ally. I had forgotten the character name. I don't remember Zoe.

• JCmojoe81
      JCmojoe81 commented
      Editing a comment
      dee2 she was the kind of quirky red head, one of the only new characters when the show launched. I could be wrong but I seem to remember a storyline where she was revealed to be Roscoe Born's long lost daughter. Either that or they lead us to think they were related and weren't. I can't remember where the storyline went lol but I remember the two being associated together.
  • Link
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2009

I actually started watching Loving in it's last two years on ABC since I already watched the other three soaps. When it switched to The City, I didn't care for it as much and stopped watching it. I never cared for Port Charles either despite liking General Hospital.

Comment

• CassadineSon
      Soap Addict
      • Apr 2009

LOVING was pretty good. That final serial killer story was the best!

I occasionally watched THE CITY. It was ok. The only time I watched continuously was when they brought on Jane Elliot as Tracy Quartermaine! I watched daily after that!

Comment

• JCmojoe81
        JCmojoe81 commented
        Editing a comment
        she was good on there. She completely changed the dynamic of the show, but in a good way
    • Evianfan
      Executive Poster
      • Oct 2004

I only watched the last few years of Loving, and I liked it. The end with Gwen being revealed as the killer and her begging Steffy to kill her because she couldn't live with what she'd done, killing her family members, that was just epic TV. We had Jacob/Angie. Yeah, Loving was great, but I liked The City even more. It was different, edgy, and I loved Nick and Lorraine. A grown up couple, each had their demons, but they loved each other, plus there was more Angie and Jacob. I loved the filming. It was a different show, but very good.
      Last edited by Evianfan; June 11, 2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• jhenley
        Lurking in the Shadows
        • Feb 2015

I liked The City, but it was a bit slow to get into. I haven’t seen it since it went off the air.. I am trying to remember a storyline where someone is attacked and then the attacker puts them behind a wall. Does anyone remember this? I am unclear about the storyline or who it was.

Comment

• JCmojoe81
          JCmojoe81 commented
          Editing a comment
          hmmm...that does sound familiar. Sounds like the storyline with Molly as the "Happy Now" killer towards the end of the show's run, but I cannot remember who may have been behind the wall.
      • shandy0630
        Recurring Poster
        • Jan 2020

I never saw either being Loving and The City never aired in some areas--like Minneapolis/Saint Paul.

Comment

• namers
          Executive Poster
          • Jun 2008

I loved The City but did not watch Loving.

Comment

• TonksIsHere
            TonksIsHere commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved The City but I didn't watch Loving except for the last 3 weeks, so I am not useful to your question!

• JCmojoe81
            JCmojoe81 commented
            Editing a comment
            TonksIsHere I believe the last three weeks was the aftermath of the serial killer storyline, did you ever have a chance to watch clips of the storyline that lead to them leaving their town, Corinth? I can tell from your posts you're a huge soap fan, you should check them out if you ever find an opportunity. It was insane. Imagine the Quartarmaine's on GH get taken out one at a time, in the creepiest eeriest of ways. And then actually being shocked when the killer is revealed. It was so good. It was probably one of my top 5 mysteries I've ever read or watched, not even for a soap but overall
        • TonksIsHere
          Day Player
          • Apr 2022

Originally posted by jhenley View Post
          I liked The City, but it was a bit slow to get into. I haven’t seen it since it went off the air.. I am trying to remember a storyline where someone is attacked and then the attacker puts them behind a wall. Does anyone remember this? I am unclear about the storyline or who it was.
          On AW awful Rachel doppelganger Justine bricked Vicky up in a wall a la Edgar Allen Poe but you're probably not talking about that show.

Comment

• TonksIsHere
            Day Player
            • Apr 2022

JCmojoe81 commented:
            ... did you ever have a chance to watch clips of the storyline that lead to them leaving their town, Corinth? I can tell from your posts you're a huge soap fan, you should check them out ...
            No, I never did. I had some curiosity about it & I remember reading up on a bit of it. If I remember correctly I was watching or following a lot of soaps then. My reaction to losing my favorite one, AW, was to cram as many soaps in as I could, trying to fill the hole. I am a huge fan of the entire genre as well as having many favorites. The list of shows I haven't watched is shorter than the list I have. Altho' that timeline doesn't work out. The City was 1995-97 and AW didn't go off the air until June 25, 1999. Oh, well, I don't know why I never looked back further in Corinth than the serial killer transition. Maybe I will. I certainly have more time now than I ever did before altho' I also seem to be filling that up! ?

Wasn't there a girl named Zoe or Zoey or something that we thought was Roscoe Borns daughter or was revealed to be his daughter or something?
            JCmojoe81 Yes, there was a Zoe or Zoey. And, that's what I remember about her! Okay, if I really stretch, she was quirky.
            Last edited by TonksIsHere; April 15, 2022, 09:04 PM. Reason: To add in another reply.

Comment

• David Lives
              Board Regular
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ginuwine View Post
              I preferred Loving. The only thing I liked about The City was Debbie Morgan and Darnell Williams.
              I actually enjoyed both shows, but kept watching for Debbie and Darnell. They were always great together.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X