Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So, they are pushing Brooke and Taylor together as a couple?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gardengirl12
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2008

So, they are pushing Brooke and Taylor together as a couple?

I was excited about a young man in Brooke's life, but now it seems these two who have always been with men are attracted to each other. I don't care if they bring in a gay couple we don't know but don't go making straight women all of a sudden gay. I won't watch if it comes to that, and that seems like CBS is going there, which they have done on most or all of their other shows. I am glas they let loose of Magnum P.I. where the two main characters are falling in love. NBC has it now and keeping it original, not changing it.
  • sap36
    Day Player
    • Apr 2017

It could be that the writers didn’t feel they could write either character back in late 80s-early 90s when both Brooke and Taylor started on show. I could see two them at least experimenting they seem to have chemistry.

Comment

• alwayshuntress
      alwayshuntress commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair points and I could see that, too.
  • Daysie
    Senior Board Member
    • Aug 2014

Looks like they are totally going there. I cannot believe it.

Comment

• Action818
      Day Player
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Gardengirl12 View Post
      I was excited about a young man in Brooke's life, but now it seems these two who have always been with men are attracted to each other. I don't care if they bring in a gay couple we don't know but don't go making straight women all of a sudden gay. I won't watch if it comes to that, and that seems like CBS is going there, which they have done on most or all of their other shows. I am glas they let loose of Magnum P.I. where the two main characters are falling in love. NBC has it now and keeping it original, not changing it.
      Not everybody is straight or gay... Some people are bisexual and those stories are rarely told. If the show goes there, it would be a teachable moment for a lot of people.

Comment

• Mariko
        Mariko commented
        Editing a comment
        ABeth There are plenty of older people that never really realized until they were older that they could have feelings for the same sex. I use Cassandra Peterson (More well known as Elvira) as a perfect example. She was happily married to a man for many years, then out of the blue she met the woman who would eventually become her wife and fell deeply in love with her. It happens.

• Moore ideas
        Moore ideas commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't watch B&B so I can't speak to the characters' history, but I agree with those who are pointing out that a lot of people are bisexual. And sometimes, people are slow to recognize that this is true for them, or maybe they just don't feel like making it public right away. As far as soaps go in general, this news doesn't seem too farfetched a twist! But then, as an All My Children fan, I can't think of anything that was more farfetched than Erica Kane's "unabortion". Now THAT was unexpected!!

• Sara_in_BC
        Sara_in_BC commented
        Editing a comment
        It is not uncommon for women to start a a gay relationship for the first time when they are older. I think it's a great idea, I wish y and r thought of it first.
    • Catmomma1
      Board Regular
      • Nov 2020

And we know how TPTB on B and B LOVE triangles......who can you see as the woman who would be the completion of the triangle to complicate things for Braylor? Or perhaps, if they are written as bisexual, what man might enter the picture? Or do you think none of this will happen? Are they yanking our chain? Thoughts????

Comment

• soapy4life
        Board Regular
        • Oct 2008

I think we are being teased. IDK, but I would suspect if either had feelings like this, there would have been clues years ago. I have seen both with many men and want them, but neither has ever shown any interest in another woman. It would certainly be coming out of nowhere!

Comment

• BoldAndPlain
          BoldAndPlain commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree. Having a bisexual on this show should have already happened but going there with either Brooke or Taylor would simply be a betrayal of the history of both characters and would offend many, if not most, of their most loyal fanbases for either character.

Of all of the characters on the show who would be most likely to explore a same-sex relationship would and should be Thomas, since he has alienated every woman on this show he has had any kind of an emotional bond with, familial or dating.
      • marciat
        Senior Board Member
        • Apr 2017

I hated that they ruined a potential Sheila and Taylor friendship. Good job writers!! I saw better chemistry between Sheila and Taylor than Taylor and Brooke.

Comment

• ABeth
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2019

It is just totally cringe, IMO. They can be friends, but this is over the top ridiculous. I just really don’t care though. Just reminds me how far this show has fallen.
          Last edited by ABeth; February 24, 2023, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• y&rviewer
            y&rviewer commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agree!
        • Lynert1
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2019

This is just ridiculous! It’s cringe worthy, if the writers go there,I’m done with this show!

Comment

• denisefan
            Recurring Poster
            • Mar 2013

Taylor is being writing as smitten with and controlling of Brooke's life... This week,

1. She encourages Hollister's flirting with Brooke
            2. She convinces Brooke to accept a date.
            3. She arranges the date to occur at Brooke's house.
            4. She orders the take-out meal under the name of Brooke.
            5. She ensures that she is there prepping Brooke for her date and intentionally stays so she can see Hollister arrive.
            6. She does not go home but lurks on the property by hanging out with Hope. Liam is written to make a surprise-wierd comment about Taylor knocking at their door at night.
            7. She watches Hollister leave, enters Brooke's house and goes to Brooke's bedroom.
            8. She volunteers herself to spend the night with Brooke and asks for a pair of Brooke's PJs.
            9. She holds Brooke's hand and when Brooke says she can only be with a person she already knows, Taylor calls her friend and pledges her loyalty... "I will always be here for you."

Brad Bell has written a creepy relationship between Taylor and Brooke.... one consistently out of character of both women. Bell makes them act as if they have a permanently sheltered life unable to interact with people outside their inner circle.

Fans of B&B have no payoff in this relationship. Friendship is certainly a fresh possibility. Homosexual overtures each time the characters interact, for over a month, is distasteful. Brooke and Taylor are strong professional women, mothers, and grandmothers... not weak co-dependents who are united because they believe themselves limited now that they are Ridge-less.

Comment

• y&rviewer
              y&rviewer commented
              Editing a comment
              Great post! So dumb - all of it, but especially that Taylor hung around on the property the whole time Brooke was on this date? Then just walks in her house and up to her bedroom?!?! What happened to the alarm system on Brooke’s house? Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!
          • shakemyhead
            Board Regular
            • Jul 2004

Guys, you realize this is a dream sequence - right???

Clearly Ridge was written off the show for a reason. So it seems he was in a car accident or SOMETHING... and now he's comatose with this bad, bad dream.

He's dreaming that Brooke and Taylor are friends, Sheila is living with Bill and Steffy somehow gained custody of Douglas.

None of this makes sense, so it's definitely a dream sequence

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
              LukeIsDaMan commented
              Editing a comment
              This! I am pretty sure the a good chunk of all these storylines lately have been a dream - and you could be right...likely it is Ridge's dream.
          • WalnutGirl
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2019

That would be dumb, keep them straight.

Comment

• dedicatedsoaper
              dedicatedsoaper commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! I couldn't agree more!
          • tosh
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2009

TRUE STORY: My cousin friend both are ladies,anyway these two lady friends hang out all the time, not gay as far i understood. Had no men in their lives at this time
            To make a long story very short,one of the ladies initiated a kiss out of the blue.The other lady responded by kissing her back and a bi relation was started.
            Maybe B&B is trying to show something along these lines with Tlayor and Brooke.

Comment

• QueenTaylor
              Day Player
              • Dec 2021

Originally posted by Gardengirl12 View Post
              I agree 💯 and it's just totally stupid and unbelievable to suddenly make them attracted to each other and I totally blame this on it being a new Taylor who seems to swing both ways with the chemistry she had with Sheila who I can totally see being down with that...I will definitely be done with the show if they really go there with them...any other gay couple would be fine...I think it probably would've made more sense to make Thomas realize he was gay and actually been a couple with Vinny instead of having him being stuck fascinated with hope who they seem like they are scared to go there and I don't know why because they have more chemistry than her and Liam.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2006

Remember how we had Maya with a back story of having a baby with a criminal ex-boyfriend suddenly reveal to Rick that she was Transgender just after Caitlyn Jenner went public? Bell likes to hop on the bandwagon of social relevancy, even if it means ignoring actual B&B history,
                Last edited by RedheadTeacher; February 25, 2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• PaulaLi
                  PaulaLi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah. I also remember that Maya was equally loved and disliked during that storyline. It was a bit odd and made no sense in the context of Mayas backstory, but I am generally for soaps picking up socially relevant developments. Why not? People are fighting and complaining about storylines anyway (I am including myself here btw.).

• RedheadTeacher
                  RedheadTeacher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PaulaLi I don't have a problem with socially relevant story lines. My issue is with seeming to jump on a bandwagon to throw together something without actually developing a realistic story line. I have no problem with Brooke and Taylor bonding over their long overdue revelation about Ridge, but they've jumped into a level of friendship that normally takes more than a couple of weeks to create. Suddenly, they trust each other, support each other, talk about living together, and are physically affectionate to the point that viewers see the possibility of a romantic relationship.

I suspect, however, that this is all teasing to fill the void as TK takes his break from the show.

• y&rviewer
                  y&rviewer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EXACTLY!!!! It is so forced.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X