Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Where is the compassionate Steffy I've always known?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOL@SHARON
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2012

Where is the compassionate Steffy I've always known?

Not just because Thomas screwed up yet again, does it gives her the right to want to completely erase Thomas from Douglas life. Look at how she comfort Hope genuinely, yet she can't forgive her brother 1 last time? She acts like he's a piece of gum on her shoes, smh
  • maryg
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2006

Steffy seems to once again be replaced by some strange alien being. I don't like this Steffy and I want the old one back.

Comment

• LOL@SHARON
      LOL@SHARON commented
      Editing a comment
      Me either, given the look on her face today she doesn't want to give Thomas a chance to make things right. I believe in equality and if she can show Hope compassion then she should likewise do the same for her brother.
  • RedheadTeacher
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

The looks that Steffy was giving to Thomas today were ridiculous.

Thomas wanted to make sure that Douglas had settled in and was doing well. Steffy should have asked Douglas if it was OK for Thomas to visit before just declaring that he had to leave. She elevated the situation by her stance.

I love Steffy, but I find her completely out of line here. She's had her share of poor decisions and received forgiveness in the past. When she was taking the Vinny pills, she pulled a knife (totally absurd and out of the blue, admittedly) on Liam and Hope when they removed Kelly from her home, and everyone got past that. Douglas felt bad about Thomas' actions and wanting his son to not speak up, but he didn't put Douglas in any danger.

Comment

• LOL@SHARON
      LOL@SHARON commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, she should have better sense to know she's been there before where she too needed forgiveness

• maryg
      maryg commented
      Editing a comment
      They have all made their mistakes and some of them really bad ones. But Steffy and some others are acting like Thomas is the only one who has messed up. Can someone remind these people that Thomas saved Brooke's life? Isn't that more important than faking her voice?

• loganfan1234
      loganfan1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      maryg, no, a person saving someone's life at one time does not give them the right to then do any and everything to try to ruin said person's life.
  • Boldfan4ever
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jan 2018

Steffy's main concern is Douglas and she has made it clear she loves Tom imo

Comment

• soapfiction
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2012

Steffy denied him one visit because it was late and Douglas was in his room. I don’t recall her saying he couldn’t ever see Douglas again. Steffy didn’t ask for this position, Douglas chose her. Steffy was the one who witnessed Douglas struggle as his father requested he keep the truth from others. This is the opportune time for Thomas to work on himself and work to be the father Douglas deserve. I’m not a Steffy fan in the least but she showed him compassion when she forgave him about Beth and when she forgave him about keeping his knowledge of Shelia a secret.

Comment

• Quintessential
        Quintessential commented
        Editing a comment
        It was early. Douglas is in his room because he has his headphones on playing video games . It's still not dark and this is the second time in one day Thomas has been there.

There was nothing for Steffy to forgive when it came to Beth. Thomas didn't tell her because he didn't want to hurt her. He only knew for 2 weeks. She had Beth for 8 months. And again, why did Thomas owe it to Steffy to tell her Sheila switched the labels that made Brooke fall off the wagon? What did that have to do with Steffy? It was Brooke who fell off the wagon not Steffy. Thomas sure don't owe Brooke a thing.

I don't know why Steffy was such a B attacking Thomas as soon as he walked in her door. I guess she's mad at him because he's not raising his own son so she's having to do it for him.
    • chimibug13
      Board Regular
      • Oct 2011

Steffy and Finn have every right to control what happens in their home. Give Thomas an inch and he will take a mile. Thomas does not realize the havoc he has caused by asking a kid to decide where he wants to live and now he, like Hope and Liam, need to abide to the house rules. Steffy and Finn are willing to put together a visitation schedule and only asked that he called before showing up on the scene. If Steffy was not his sister, there would be boundaries and Thomas neither understands them nor abides by them. He is lucky no one reported him and his buddy for making the fake call to CPS. There are laws against making false reports so he dodged a bullet.

Comment

• Russellgm
        Contract Poster
        • Apr 2018

She's taking care of an innocent child. I am beginning to have respect for her not putting a grown mans feelings ahead of an innocent child's welfare even though he is her brother. I have no doubt if Thomas get his act together Steffie would be completely on his side. Listening to him it is so clear he still holds resentment for her for being chosen as Co CEO with her father instead of him. Thomas has some deep rooted issues he need to work on before exposing Douglas to him again. It is not up to that child to fix his life.

Comment

• Quintessential
          Quintessential commented
          Editing a comment
          Thomas wanted to see his son check out his room and tell him he loves him. Not sure how that equates to Douglas fixing Thomas's life. I love Steffy but attacking Thomas the minute he walked in the door was so wrong. She could have let him go up to Douglas's room for 10 minutes and then when he came down they could have stepped outside and she could have told him from now on there's going to be a visitation schedule in place and he and Hope will both be expected to honor it. She wants to keep the disruption to their family life to a minimum. Thomas more than likely would have understood and thanked her for stepping up for his son.
      • mudlokate
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Dec 2010

She is being compassionate towards her nephew who has suffered great emotional abuse and needs a break. Not Thomas's hubris and childish resentment of a woman who has what he wants, a happy home, loving partner, loved and wanted children, a great job and an even perspective to balance conflict. I feel for Thomas but he is insisting on things he allowed to be relinquished at his instigation. ,why he felt Douglas would choose him over Hope n Liam is puzzling and indicates he has no introspection nor understanding of his child.

Comment

• mudlokate
          mudlokate commented
          Editing a comment
          Quintessential she is not banishing him, that's not indicated. It was a reaction to Douglas lives here now so now do I, hubris Thomas sprouted. Steffy is the legal guardian, it's her home, she now sets the rules. I suspect the visitation rules determines, where, when and how, along with time to settle in. Douglas has shown no indication of needing to see his Dad nor Hope right now. It's day one a big upheaval for Douglas and Steffys family, including Thomas.

Thomas choose this, but not the outcome, he is still to learn actions/choices = consequences.

• Quintessential
          Quintessential commented
          Editing a comment
          mudlokate I disagree. It's definitely indicated. Since becoming legal guardian, she permitted Hope to take Douglas home for the night. Keep him as long as she wanted the next morning and spend as much time at her house with Douglas as she needed. Steffy even allowed Liam up to Douglas's room.

In contrast, Steffy has allowed Thomas no time with his son. It has nothing to do with him spouting off. Steffy attacked him as soon as he walked in before he even said one word. She knew what Tom was doing there. She's never made him call in advance before. If she wanted to implement that policy she should have texted him and told him I no longer want you coming to my home without calling first. And you may not have a visit with Douglas until I make out a visitation schedule She had all night to text Thomas while Douglas was at Hope's. Thomas isn't a mind reader. He had no idea he was required to call his sister before he stopped over.

I think Thomas is well aware actions have consequences. Didn't he just get fired from his job? Didn't he have to endure Liam supervising his last visit with Douglas? Now he's got his sister refusing to let him see his son. And Steffy told Thomas that she promised Douglas's mother Hope that she would keep Douglas safe from Thomas.

Hope signed the same papers Thomas signed yet Steffy's hugging all over Hope saying don't worry Hope your son will be home with you soon and I promise to keep him safe from my brother .She tells her brother get out of my house. You can't see your son.

• mudlokate
          mudlokate commented
          Editing a comment
          @quintessentual. I did not read past your first comment as we see things very differingly , as we are permitted. Enjoy it as much as you can. Though I admit seeing Thomas continue on his self destructive path brings me no joy.
      • lolabee
        Day Player
        • Jun 2022

In real life, Steffy and Finn would probably have to follow strict guidelines from the court about how and when Thomas can visit. Hope too for that matter. The idea is to create a safe environment for Douglas. There also needs to be lots of family therapy. Thomas must earn his way back into Douglas's life. Clearly a trust has been broken.

Last edited by lolabee; February 21, 2023, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

Did Steffy know that Douglas didn't want to see his father? If she was concerned about them, she should have allowed Douglas to choose to remain in his room of invite his dad up to see it.

She made assumptions based on her feelings toward Thomas, not based on Douglas.

Comment

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            No Steffy didn't know Douglas didn't want to see his father because Douglas did want to see his father. Doug made it clear in the courtroom how much he loves his father and Steffy saw that. She was being an incompassionate B because she could. I still can't get over Steffy and Taylor both rooting for Hope to get Douglas back the sooner the better.

• mudlokate
            mudlokate commented
            Editing a comment
            She was reactive to Thomas's boastful entrance, it would set off alarm bells. He disrespected the process HE set in place. I get his wanting to see Douglas, it's a natural reaction to the new circumstances.

However his entrance and statements would worry her. He attempted to bulldoze her that did not work, he then threatened her in her home.

Then Mummy dearest interfered so her equallibrum as Mother to these two adult children was not unsettled.
        • Retiredmom
          Board Regular
          • May 2021

Steffy sees her psycho brother for who he is unstable. not anSteffy fan but she hd never sugar coated anything. Thomas is a terrible father who could cause psychological issues with Douglas. Sorry guynjas been given chance after chance after chance is does what he wants when he wants
          glad Steffy put him in his placw

Comment

• klalala
            klalala commented
            Editing a comment
            You nailed it, Retiredmom. The Forresters have a big problem and his name is Thomas. I'm waiting for the professional, Taylor, to seriously address his problems and seek help. She was way off the mark in today's episode with her Kimbaya dialog. Thomas has needed help for a very long time.
        • rastaman2013
          Recurring Poster
          • Apr 2011

i don't this scenirio... bad story ! always thomas is a bad guy ! always logan are a cute nice little pretty victim !

Comment

• Mariko
            Mariko commented
            Editing a comment
            Quintessential For one Liam didn't intentionally hit Vinny, Vinny jumped in front of him. 2) He actually felt guilt about it and turned himself in. And I absolutely agree Taylor should have done time for shooting Bill. If you know my posting history I've NEVER once defended her. (At least she also feels remorse). Thomas on the other hand thinks all his crimes are justified.and could care less about those he hurts.

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            Mariko I didn't say Liam ran him down intentionally and murdered him. I only mentioned the crime that Liam did commit which is worse than the crime Thomas committed. Liam intentionally left a man that he hit with his car dead on the side of the road and lied to police about it for 3 weeks. That's longer than what Thomas kept the Beth secret.

Thomas does feel remorse. He went on a 2-year apology tour for failing to tell Hope Beth was alive. He also feels remorse for disappointing Douglas. He's apologized over and over and over for it. He's already lost his job because of it. He's been banished from Douglas's life pretty much ever since well except for his supervised visitations by Liam.

You may think Thomas is a bad guy. I however don't think he's any worse than any of the rest of these characters who commit crimes who Steffy hasn't banished from Kelly and Hayes's life or that Hope hasn't banished from Beth's.

• Mariko
            Mariko commented
            Editing a comment
            @Quinntessenial Thomas' words may say he feels remorse, but his actions show otherwise. He always says he's sorry, then just continues to do bad things. He's an entitled spoiled brat that needs to grow up and learn that he doesn't always deserve to get what he wants, plus that his actions have consequences.
        • kristendny
          Scriptwriter
          • May 2012

Steffy is not denying him access to his son. He shouldn't be allowed to just barge into her house whenever he feels like it, disrupt her life, and demand to see Douglas. Why would he even THINK that's okay? He is the idiot who came up with this idea to let Douglas decide, and now he needs to live with the decision. I don't think Steffy would deny him OR Hope access, but can you imagine both of them and Liam just dropping by whenever without a phone call, just walk right through the door, and demand to see Douglas? It's ludicrous. Steffy has not even had a minute to process what's happened let alone come to a place where they can plan visits for Thomas and Hope. No one knows yet how it's going to work, and yet Thomas just assumes he'll have as much access to Douglas as Steffy has. It makes no sense. He hasn't given a single thought to how it's affecting Steffy and Finn's lives because he doesn't care about them. All he cares about really is getting his own way. Hope understands Steffy's position. Thomas does not.

Comment

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            It's pretty easy for Hope to understand Steffy's position when Steffy let Hope take Douglas home for the night, spend as much time as she wanted to with him the next morning and then spend as much time as she wanted to with him at Sinn's house Even Liam got to go up to Douglas's room. Then Steffy hugged Hope and promised Hope she would continue her policies when it comes to Thomas.

Steffy has never had a call first rule in place for Thomas. The entire time she was trying to parent trap she welcomed Thomas there 24/7 especially if he was going to intercept Brooke or her phone calls. Steffy could have let Thomas up to the room to see his son for 10 minutes and then when he came downstairs she could have told him no more visits without calling first. Better yet wait until I've had time to set up a visitation schedule because I don't want our family life disrupted. There was absolutely no reason for Steffy to be such a B the minute Thomas walked in the door before he even had a chance to say one word then deny him seeing his son after he was already there.

• kristendny
            kristendny commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you about the parent trap situation, that Steffy was on board to go to any length. She felt that Thomas crossed a line when Douglas was being forced to lie. I'm glad she realized that. Her relationship with Thomas changed after that, at least temporarily. She no longer sees him as the best thing for Douglas in the moment. It was his idea to force this court ruling where Douglas could choose, and now he expects Steffy, Finn, and Douglas to be at his beck and call. Steffy didn't ask for any of this, she's just trying to let Douglas have the space he needs. I am sure they will work out a schedule because, under the current circumstances, there has to be a system and schedule in place.

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            Steffy didn't ask for any of this. That is true. I love Steffy and I'm glad she stepped up for her nephew. I'm thrilled Douglas is out of the lope cabin and with his aunt Steffy. But I think Steffy should have been more compassionate toward her brother. She could have given him 10 minutes after becoming guardian since she was willing to give Lope a whole night the next morning and all the time they needed at her place the next day. I rue the day that waffling half deadbeat dad when it comes to Kelly was allowed up to Douglas's room but Thomas wasn't.

I didn't see Thomas walk through the door and demand to see Douglas. I saw Thomas walk in the door hoping to see His son to let him know he wasn't mad at him to give him a hug and to tell him he loves him and being immediately attacked by Steffy before he had a chance to say one word.
        • Villylover
          Board Regular
          • Mar 2010

Stephanie needs to come back and slap some sense into her namesake. She’s hugging Hope and giving her full access to Douglas in her house. She’s assuring everyone that he’ll be back to his Logan home in no time. Meanwhile she won’t even let her brother see his son and doesn’t acknowledge that Douglas could want to live with him not in the little cabin in the woods. She seems to forget Douglas didn’t choose either parent not just Thomas.

Comment

• jdemm58
            jdemm58 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did Steffy give Hope and Liam full access to Douglas? We are still on the same day that Hope and Liam dropped Douglas off so how could we possibly know that they have full access while Thomas does not? Douglas hasn't even been in Sinn's home for a full 24 hours, and Thomas is acting like some diva in a B-rated movie simply because his word isn't law in somebody else's home. As for Stephanie #1, since she died in Brooke's arms, I doubt she would be interested in slapping Steffy for offering Hope some comfort.

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            jdemm58 Steffy let Hope and Liam take Douglas home after the court hearing, keep him for the entire night, keep him for the morning, let them spend as much time as they wanted to at her home even let Liam go up to his room. That's how she gave them full access to Douglas after she was awarded guardianship.

Stephanie would be turning over in her grave right now if she knew Steffy wanted to give Douglas to the Logans because she thinks the Logans can do a much better job of raising Douglas than what the Forresters can do. Taylor's just as bad. She wants Douglas returned to Hope. I can't believe Taylor thinks Hope can raise her grandson better than her own kids can. I would believe that of Ridge but not of Taylor.
        • AlizaNY
          Day Player
          • Mar 2016

The compassionate Steffy who spent all of last year trying to destroy her father’s marriage no matter how many times he told her he loved and wanted to be with his wife? The compassionate Steffy who, in Aspen, felt the need to stick the knife deeper into Brooke’s heart right after Ridge unceremoniously dumped her? The compassionate Steffy who threw herself at Katie’s husband, Bill, and threw a tantrum when he didn’t end up leaving Katie for her?

Steffy has always been a bitch. It’s actually more unusual for her to be compassionate.

Comment

• loganfan1234
            loganfan1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! I have never seen any compassionate Steffy. She is always nasty. Sometimes she hides it better. But deep down, Steffy is about what Steffy wants, regardless of who she hurts.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X