• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YRFANATIC
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2005

Okay, Please Write Li Out ASAP!

This is one dumb woman, how she became a doctor is beyond me. Too many times, she doesn't use her common sense. Please just write this character off, it's embarrassing and very offensive to Asian people.
  • SharikaC
    Day Player
    • Oct 2015

Every character on the show is dumbed down, in order to make the Sheila character work. That's how Bell rows. That's the only way he can justify keeping that character around.

Comment

• Jasamfan
      Board Regular
      • Mar 2005

Bit of an overreaction imo. If they wrote off every character that's needed a brain transplant at some point or another there would be no characters to watch. And an insult to Asian viewers? Uh...but suggesting the only Asian character be written off isn't?

Comment

• Jo-Jo
        Jo-Jo commented
        Editing a comment
        This...mts

• ILoveBizzie
        ILoveBizzie commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you Jasamfan.
    • Tahemet
      Senior Board Member
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by SharikaC View Post
      Every character on the show is dumbed down, in order to make the Sheila character work. That's how Bell rows. That's the only way he can justify keeping that character around.
      I wanted to write the same.
      it's insulting and shows that Sheila isn't a good villain.
      A good villain would work without everyone else being dumbed down

Comment

• Quintessential
        Senior Board Member
        • Aug 2016

I like Li and I do not want her written off. All these characters do dumb things. Even the police aren't smart enough to put a tail on their number one suspect for helping Sheila escape. Bill wasn't smart enough to stay with Sheila until the cops arrive. He knows Sheila could break out of prison but he's certain she can't break out of that bed. Brooke and Steffy were both dumb enough to antagonize a psychopath. Liam can't differentiate between his wife and a mannequin. Thomas is dumb enough to let Liam who he can't stand raise his son. Eric was dumb enough to enlist stud service for his wife rather than work on the ED problem together. Hope is dumb enough to think Liam would cheat with her when he was married to someone else but wouldn't cheat on her when he's married to her. Ridge is dumb enough to think the reason Brooke kissed Deacon was because of the alcohol. I guess he thinks if Charlie would have been there the alcohol would have made Brooke kiss Charlie. Taylor's dumb enough to still be hung up on a man who hasn't given her the time of day in over 10 years. Wyatt was dumb enough to leave one woman because he didn't think he could trust her to get with the woman that kidnapped his niece. He can't trust a liar but he can trust a kidnapper. Quinn was dumb enough to think she could manipulate her son's love life. When it didn't work with Hope she thought she'd try again with Steffy.

Maybe we should write off all the men and women not just Li because Li doesn't seem to be any dumber than the rest of them to me.

Comment

• Candyjo
          Candyjo commented
          Editing a comment
          Well said! Love it.
      • Emerald Greens
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

They all do dumb things. Taylor gets heat for the same reason she’s a doctor so therefore isn’t supposed to have human failings. Heck Bill and Finn left Li alone with Shelia and then her flunkies Mike shows up.
        I have a problem with how Li handled certain things but I would rather keep her and get rid of some other characters.

Comment

• Margarita48
          Newcomer
          • May 2022

Nope. Li needs to stay. She’s no dumber than the other characters.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
            Senior Board Member
            • May 2010

I agree she’s no dumber than anyone else; all of the characters on this show are constantly being dumbed down for the sake of plot. I definitely don’t want Li written out. In fact I’d like Finn’s father to play a bigger role along with her. Li can be a source of somewhat more normal MIL angst for Steffy and Finn…I certainly would not be thrilled she let me mourn for months when my husband was alive…and she still has issues with Jack.

Comment

• viennagirl
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Aug 2011

We need Li for diversity. B&B shouldn't send off their only Asian character.

But yes, Li gets dumbed down as everyone else, just so that the SL will work out.
              Her son also got dumbed down, or why else would a doctor who loves his adoptive parents, be so eager to bond with the criminal biological mum that has shot at least 3 people in the past and has threatened to kill several others?

Taylor as a doctor and psychiatrist got dumbed down - but also her kids:
              Thomas - son of a physician / psychiatrist - but he never considered to have a medical check up after he experienced headaches, visual and auditive hallucinations (mannequin talking to him), dizziness?

Comment

• Chicklet
                Board Regular
                • May 2022

All the soaps dumb down the characters to make stories work. It's lazy but at this point they don't have the resources to do some stories any other way.
                Last edited by Chicklet; July 29, 2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• bluejazz
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Aug 2008

Every woman on this soap has been dumbed down. Taylor, once a dignified, proud, intelligent doctor, now makes Donna look bright and appears to be functioning at early teen level. Brooke, a brilliant chemist who came up with a revolutionary formula for fabric, now sits home waiting for her cheating hubby. Steffy plays Parent Trap for her middle aged mom and dad.

At least Li has a spine and the courage to throw her husband out when she found out about his cheating. I like Li and I think she's a good addition to the show.

Comment

• afinebalance
                    afinebalance commented
                    Editing a comment
                    excellent summary and great points ~ I agree with you.

• JordanM
                    JordanM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree 100%. Well said!

• DallasGal
                    DallasGal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This version of Taylor gets on my nerves. She is too informal and giddy for Dr Taylor Hayes. Adding Ridge to the mix. Ugh. I used to love Taylor and Ridge.
                • thecourt99
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jun 2008

Li is a great character.

More women are needed that aren't related to either of the main families.
                  Also, since Eric and and others don't really show Forrester unity at all times, I think that Steffy needs a family base that isn't the Forresters.

That said, what did Li do that was so stupid? I don't think that Li knew that Sheila was working with a partner. It was the police that chose to leave Li there alone with Sheila without some type of backup/security/support. They are the dumb ones here, not Li.

What was dumb was allowing Sheila in their lives in the first place...again. And that wasn't on Li.

Comment

• afinebalance
                    afinebalance commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with you and great point about family unity, that Steffy needs her own family base. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the police chose to leave Li alone with Sheila ~ wasn't it Bill and Finn? I thought that was so reckless and there was no need to rush to the private jet when they could have waited 15 minutes or so for the police.
                • 1catlover3
                  Board Regular
                  • Feb 2009

We need to remind the person who wants Li written off the show that you asking to fire the actor. Characters are not real people so think about what you are saying. I happen to like li but even if I didn't I certainly wouldn't want anyone fired.

Comment

• truecrew
                    Recurring Poster
                    • Oct 2017

She can sure take a beating. Sheila knocked her out twice I believe? Mike knocked her out. The car she was driving blew up and went into the ocean.

And yet she is still walking and talking like nothing happened. Very tough lol

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SharikaC View Post
                      This. I love Li and it's nice having diversity on the show. I hope she has a secret daughter for Thomas.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X