Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

CLOUDFARE Security Message

Over the past few days you may have received a "Checking if the site connection is secure" message when accessing the site. This is perfectly normal and not cause for alarm.

This message indicates that the server is confirming that the SSL (the "s" that you see in the https before web addresses) security is, in fact, secure. This is not some sort of advertisement and it is not some sort of nefarious hacking.

Cloudfare, which is a provide of web hosting and security, has recently added this layer of security on the Soap Central message boards platform as an added layer of security.

The message may occur any time that your browser makes a new connection to the boards. The message may also stop appearing at any time as the process is further integrated into the boards.
See more
See less

Will Brooke Be Exonerated-Drinking, Lying& Telling Douglas to Forget What He Saw?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lovely rita
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2014

Will Brooke Be Exonerated-Drinking, Lying& Telling Douglas to Forget What He Saw?

All because Sheila switched the labels on the non-alcoholic champagne?

So Ridge will forget about it all now?

• Tahemet
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2016

it's a stupid SL.
    As if alcohol was an excuse.
    Did I kiss someone under the influence of alcohol? Yes.
    Did I know what I was doing? Yes!
    Could I have resisted? Absolutely.

Comment

• Fightcrab
      Fightcrab commented
      Editing a comment
      But you are not alcoholic. I don't know how alcoholics are affected by alcohol.

• Generosa1985
      Generosa1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well put tonight.
      (Fight Crab) unless you're a person addicted to drug use or drinking to excess, alcoholic, that's true. I personally don't know how it would or not affect me.

• Tahemet
      Tahemet commented
      Editing a comment
      no, I am no an alcoholic, but I know alcoholics.
      Their brain, thinking and memory don't stop working once they have alcohol.again.
      And yes, they would réalise that they had alcohol because of the buzz it is giving them.
      Champagne doesn't have the high alcohol content which would turn you from sober to absolutely drunk within minutes.
      But then...Brooke supposedly didn't know the difference between having sex with Oliver or with Ridge...
  • jward1108
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Oct 2005

It sure looks like Brooke is on the road to exoneration, but I'm not convinced that Ridge will go back to Brooke. It seems like he is genuinely involved with Taylor, and it may not be that easy to turn off those feelings. Maybe he and Thomas can get a place together!

Comment

• yay_olli
      Recurring Poster
      • Aug 2019

I would like them to explore Brooke's actions towards Douglas some more because she was asking that little boy to hide her secret from his own grandfather and family. That's pretty sick and could have some effects on his psyche as he gets older. You never know since this is a soap after all where everything is dramatic!

Comment

• taramartin
        taramartin commented
        Editing a comment
        If Thomas hasn't messed up Douglas for life, I doubt Brooke asking him not to talk about a kiss will. Not saying that should've happened. Even poor Vinny had to try to get Thomas to treat Douglas with some respect.

• Fightcrab
        Fightcrab commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Brooke wanted to forget the whole accident, because there was no reason to hurt Ridge when she did not understand what happened to her.

• Generosa1985
        Generosa1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yea, that is true, Vinny sure did! I loved it how real that was. I would've been the same as Vinny was too. He knew how awfully bad Thom was to his son.

icam

Tara.
        Yes. I agree. to that. I was thinking almost analogous, reading saying to myself, Well, If wack job, former abusive father(and he was abusive mentally to poor little Dougie)was not at all messing his son up 100000x more than "Brooke asking the Lil tyke to just be quiet Lil bit for his grandmother(he call Brooke grand-ma on the show) then I don't believe this would screw the poor kid up. Thomas did a real abusive job on the Lil boy for a long time.
    • RedheadTeacher
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

I did appreciate Hope's questioning Brooke whether it was about the drinking or about what the drinking lead to. Brooke seems to have totally forgotten that.

Comment

• lovely rita
        lovely rita commented
        Editing a comment
        I was surprised Hope asked Brooke that. It WAS more to what the drinking led to anyway so I'm glad that was
        brought up. I do hope Ridge brings that up to Brooke, also. She just would rather forget about all the rest.
        (And Brooke did say today that she didn't regret defending Deacon to Hope). And that is a big part of why Ridge
        left her house. He didn't like her taking Deacon's side in the fight.

• SweetJade
        SweetJade commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly lovely rita she still thinks it was ok to defend Deacon against Ridge, she forgets how disrespectful she was to Ridge about Deacon even before the kiss!

• lovely rita
        lovely rita commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, SweetJade IMO that was a big deal to me that Brooke inserted that comment into the end of the conversation with Hope. she said it for a reason maybe.
    • maryg
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2006

I think Ridge will tell her that it is not all about the drinking. He begged her to listen to him about Deacon coming to the house. She told him it was her house and she could do what she wanted. She later defended Deacon and Ridge felt she chose Deacon over him in front of Deacon. And he told her when it first happened, that he was tired of going through problem after problem. He said he was too old to keep going through it. I suspect he will not go back to her.

Comment

• Baby Bumblebee
        Baby Bumblebee commented
        Editing a comment
        And today Brooke told Hope 'It doesn't make me regret defending Deacon!'
    • Theresa_Fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

This will be ignored. But it should be Thomas getting his son back and getting him away from Brooke/Hope.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
        This will be ignored. But it should be Thomas getting his son back and getting him away from Brooke/Hope.
        Agreed! It still bothers me that there was never a confrontation about how Douglas was manipulated. Brooke felt that Thomas deserved having his son taken from him when he was manipulating him, but she chose to do the same thing and with Hope and Liam's approval.

Comment

• afinebalance
          Executive Poster
          • Apr 2012

I think it's "making a mountain out of a molehill" to severely criticize Brooke for insinuating to Douglas that it would be better to let that secret stay in the past. Yes, it was a mild manipulation and not enforced obviously because Douglas was not afraid to tell Ridge and Thomas about it. Douglas came to no harm from that, unlike the gaslighting his own dad did to him, which thankfully he didn't seem to suffer from that either, but he seemed pretty scared at the time.
          As for Brooke being exonerated after the reveal of the label change: yes she should be as far as her alcoholic lapse goes. If Ridge decides to take her back, then it was meant to be, same as if he decides he'd rather be with Taylor, then so be it. Actually Brooke doesn't need to be exonerated, she did nothing wrong in respect to the drinking and her actions ~ again, not a big deal under the circumstances.

Comment

• mudlokate
            mudlokate commented
            Editing a comment
            SweetJade, I seriously doubt he'd know the meaning of tawdry or its adult implications. He'd be puzzled for sure, wondering why and a bit Santa! But I seriously doubt he found it sexually inappropriate. I'm not speaking of Bill JTDMom I'm speaking directly to keeping secrets.

• SweetJade
            SweetJade commented
            Editing a comment
            A child doesn't need to know the word tawdry, a child should not be exposed to his grandmother in heels and lingerie kissing Santa or any man other than grandpa. It CLEARLY bothered him, what he saw. You won't change my mind on how disgusting that is for a child to witness and a 60 year old woman to groom him to lie for her.

• afinebalance
            afinebalance commented
            Editing a comment
            grooming him? he thought it was Santa until Ridge or whoever, I can't remember, kept badgering him to remember the face. he didn't notice what Brooke was wearing. I disagree there was any grooming done but okay.
        • RedheadTeacher
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by afinebalance View Post
          I think it's "making a mountain out of a molehill" to severely criticize Brooke for insinuating to Douglas that it would be better to let that secret stay in the past. Yes, it was a mild manipulation and not enforced obviously because Douglas was not afraid to tell Ridge and Thomas about it. Douglas came to no harm from that, unlike the gaslighting his own dad did to him, which thankfully he didn't seem to suffer from that either, but he seemed pretty scared at the time.
          As for Brooke being exonerated after the reveal of the label change: yes she should be as far as her alcoholic lapse goes. If Ridge decides to take her back, then it was meant to be, same as if he decides he'd rather be with Taylor, then so be it. Actually Brooke doesn't need to be exonerated, she did nothing wrong in respect to the drinking and her actions ~ again, not a big deal under the circumstances.
          Douglas was clearly anxious because he believed that he was in trouble for going to the house to find his stuffed animal and witnessing Brooke kissing Santa. Brooke's little talk about ignoring what he saw and focusing on the future only made it worse. His depressed behavior was what lead to Thomas questioning him and learning that he'd been told to not speak about what he'd seen.

Comment

• Reesiecup
            Reesiecup commented
            Editing a comment
            RedheadTeacher As stated, Douglas is old enough now to be taught not to tell the personal business of the adults in his household. He is also old enough to understand why.

• RedheadTeacher
            RedheadTeacher commented
            Editing a comment
            Reesiecup And what kind of reason would he be given to keep it a secret? Because Grandpa wouldn't like it that Grandma was kissing another man?

• Reesiecup
            Reesiecup commented
            Editing a comment
            RedheadTeacher Of course not. Perhaps giving him some simple explanations in more general terms would help him understand why he should not tell everything he sees and hears in the household.
        • PassingThrough
          Board Regular
          • Nov 2014

When I watched Ridge run to Brooke today, all I could think was, "Oh boy, here comes the canonization of the martyred Brooke Logan."

I like Brooke, don't get me wrong, but she has to share the blame in that NYE mess.

Comment

• backheidi
            Executive Poster
            • Jan 2008

Sorry, but the drinking did not MAKE Brooke make out with Deacon!! She was well aware of what she was doing!! Very poor excuse!! And she was very sober when she sided with Deacon to protect him from big bad Ridge!! Horrible marriage!! How many times can Brooke be with other men and be such a snake that she steals them from her sister and daughter. And how many times is Ridge supposed to understand her slip ups with men while he is married to her!

Comment

• taramartin
              Soap Addict
              • Oct 2013

Google - alcohol and date rape - luckily Deacon and Brooke only kissed. Yes alcohol can definitely allow a kiss and much more.
              Ridge got drunk and "married" Shauna.

Comment

• mudlokate
                mudlokate commented
                Editing a comment
                There have been many instances of drunk or drug induced sex on BB! A snog seems innocent compared to them. But yes Ridges Achilles heel is surprisingly Deacon.

• afinebalance
                afinebalance commented
                Editing a comment
                excellent points taramartin.
            • Peony39
              Day Player
              • Mar 2021

Drinking doesn’t excuse cheating!! She also covered it up and defended Deacon!!

Comment

• afinebalance
                afinebalance commented
                Editing a comment
                Deacon was being attacked by Ridge; yes he was overplaying that he was losing and he allowed Ridge to get some good punches in to "impress" Brooke, make her concerned for him. Ridge had no reason to attack Deacon. Jealousy is not a reason to commit violence against another human being.
            • Theresa_Fan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Peony39 View Post
              Drinking doesn’t excuse cheating!! She also covered it up and defended Deacon!!
              And she spent time kissing Bill. But only Brooke is allowed to make mistakes and get passes for them. She's such a boring and one-note character.

Comment

• Reesiecup
                Reesiecup commented
                Editing a comment
                Theresa_Fan How much time did Brooke spend kissing Bill ???

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍