X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1sbkmcfan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Aug 2006

Ridge could have walked away and stayed gone years ago. It was not Brooke's fault he kept coming back if he really wanted to stay gone even if she cried and begged.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

I guess I didn't realize that Ridge needed Brooke's permission for him to leave her.

This reminds me of when Wyatt interrupted the Lope wedding to tell Liam about Bill's deception and Hope, seeing Liam ready to bail on her, declared to everyone that she decided to cancel the wedding. They see the inevitable and look for a way to make themselves appear to have the upper hand and making the sacrifice.

Brooke can now appear the martyr who is giving the Destiny love of her life the freedom to move on from her. That sounds so much better than the wife who craves the attention of men who aren't her husband.

Comment

• Jadey
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Mariko View Post
        And men that are dogs! (Which definitely describes Ridge!)
        Ikr?! As if Ridge hasn't done anything wrong since he came back.
        Brooke making the decision to let Ridge go is a way for her to control the situation at this point, imo.

Comment

• Mariko
          Mariko commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, and I say good on her! Really, I think her kissing Deacon pales in comparison to his getting drunk and marrying Shauna, then wanting to marry her again when he was sober, while he was still married to Brooke. Yes, she took her rings off, but they were still married.
      • crosey64
        Day Player
        • Jul 2019

As a previous poster said, it's a routine she's had for over 30 long years, playing the martyr and damsel in distress. SAVE yourself, my love, I love you too much to let you drown with me.....it's sicking in your 20s and 30s but her being in her 60s now and still doing this is just ridiculous. It's a routine she just automatically goes through and when it doesn't work, the tears and I Love You So Much is always her next step the of course when she sees that step doesn't work she goes to her Wait, I changed my mind, I want to fight for you and show you how much you mean to Meeeee step comes in. Hopefully this time Ridge doesn't buy it. Hopefully he remembers how mad he was finding out Brooke had again interfered with Taylor's happiness and dumped him to go mount Nick and beg him to leave Taylor for her, THEN come back and beg Ridge to take her back when Nick turned her down. Hopefully he continues to remember that just months ago, she was in Bill's arms making out.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by crosey64 View Post
          As a previous poster said, it's a routine she's had for over 30 long years, playing the martyr and damsel in distress. SAVE yourself, my love, I love you too much to let you drown with me.....it's sicking in your 20s and 30s but her being in her 60s now and still doing this is just ridiculous. It's a routine she just automatically goes through and when it doesn't work, the tears and I Love You So Much is always her next step the of course when she sees that step doesn't work she goes to her Wait, I changed my mind, I want to fight for you and show you how much you mean to Meeeee step comes in. Hopefully this time Ridge doesn't buy it. Hopefully he remembers how mad he was finding out Brooke had again interfered with Taylor's happiness and dumped him to go mount Nick and beg him to leave Taylor for her, THEN come back and beg Ridge to take her back when Nick turned her down. Hopefully he continues to remember that just months ago, she was in Bill's arms making out.
          Sadly, especially when it comes to Brooke, we viewers have a much sharper memory of her past actions than the characters have.

I know that Bill has been mentioned, but the comparison should smack Ridge in the face. Brooke championed Bill repeatedly in spite of the things he did to hurt Hope, his actions taken against Forrester, and his having Ridge dumped from the helicopter. I just couldn't imagine any man wanting to be with a woman who would embrace someone who's done so many nasty - and personal - things to hurt her family. I truly wish that Ridge knew about her covering for Bill's DUI, so incredibly ironic as she also threatened Katie with losing custody of Will over her drinking.....drinking due to Brooke and Bill's gaslighting her.

I don't paint Ridge as an innocent, but I just can't get past Brooke's selfish actions, especially in the past decade. She's no longer the vulnerable, struggling underdog fighting for love and respect. At this point in her life (and mine!), I want her to have more self-awareness and conscience before she acts, not after she's been caught doing something.

Comment

• Link
            Senior Board Member
            • Mar 2009

The scenes like the one at the end of the show are written with more love and chemistry than Ridge has with Taylor. It was better chemistry with Ronn Moss, but it still has more with Ridge and Brooke than it ever does with Taylor.

Comment

• crosey64
              crosey64 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nobody, not even Tridge fans, deny Ridge has loved Brooke and still loves Brooke. But he also loves Taylor amd can be just as happy with her as he has been with Brooke but even more because Tridge never had the constant crappy scandals Brooke keeps having year after year. Of course their goodbyes are gonna be tear jerking for many. But many of us Tridge fans know that Tridge can be and will be happier with Taylor than he ever was with Brooke because she is pretty much scandal free compared to Brooke. Even Brooke knows it. Ridge loves Taylor and can be back in love with her with a stroke of a pen and a week or two. Just like Steam and Lope.

• MYA
              MYA commented
              Editing a comment
              crosey64 No doubt Ridge loves Taylor, however, he's in love with Brooke and it's clear Brooke is whom he wants. Doesn't even matter what they write, or rewrite, we see what has played out and we still stay in the corner of our favs. Many years ago, Ridge was forced to remarry Taylor through manipulation and lies, and the first opportunity he got, he dumped Taylor over her hypocrisy. He threw it in her face fifty different ways while she begged for him to stay with her. He told Taylor, he gave up his son and wife for her, he left Taylor and didn't really ever, look back. Where was all this great love and affection for Taylor, when he hooked up with Shauna? which was the last time he jumped the gun on his marriage. Are they going to rewrite his lusting after his father's wife? he was ready to take Quinn off his father's hands, Taylor wasn't even an afterthought back when, and won't be after he walks out on her again. My hope is, that both Brooke and Taylor slam the door behind him and change the locks because they both deserve better.

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              TK explained his Ridge and Brooke as just sex. So no, TK's Ridge isn't in love with Brooke. Even if you're not in love with someone, ending a relationship is hard.
          • Jadey
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Mariko View Post
            I agree, and I say good on her! Really, I think her kissing Deacon pales in comparison to his getting drunk and marrying Shauna, then wanting to marry her again when he was sober, while he was still married to Brooke. Yes, she took her rings off, but they were still married.
            Yes, Ita, Mariko. Brooke sent the pilot to get Ridge and basically took him back. It was a set up which Ridge finally learned and also he wasn't divorced from Brooke and he was happy to go back to Brooke.
            I don't condone any of what Brooke did re: Deacon since he arrived in LA. It was disrespectful to her husband but it does pale in comparison to the LV stunt.
            None if them have room to talk about kissing and lying. ?

Comment

• Mariko
              Mariko commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly, I have no problem with her defending Hope's relationship with Deacon to Ridge. He was acting like an arrogant jealous rageaholic from the get-go. There was ZERO middle ground with him on the situation. It was all or nothing. He wasn't willing to try and compromise at all.
          • SteamForever
            Board Regular
            • Sep 2013

LMAO, does anyone really believe this? She puts on the same drama re: letting him go for his own good and then changes her mind few days/weeks later when he's ready to take her up on her word.
            It's a bunch of hot air, nothing more!

Comment

• klalala
              Executive Poster
              • Jan 2007

All I can say is "good move, Brooke". The self-sacrificing is priceless.

Comment

• vikis3
                • Jul 2011

What a dim wit! that's like quitting your job after you have been fired

Comment

• dedicatedsoaper
                Contract Poster
                • Apr 2013

Brooke playing the martyr does not work for me. All of her behavior with all of her men..the lies, the cover ups and not listening to your husband is what got you here. The drinking is a minor thing at the moment..That only accounts for one moment...what about all the other betrayals...A person can only put up with so much.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X