Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABeth
    replied
    I love nuTaylor, and she has great chemistry with TK’s Ridge unlike Brooke.

Leave a comment:

• QueenTaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Belindaa View Post
    I've liked Krista since she played Billie on Days, and I think she does a good job. But yes, the excessive sweetness does seem phony to me, too. Despite having the mannerisms of HT down pat, this Taylor still feels like a totally different character from the Taylor I remember, and she feels like a stranger.
    Exactly I totally agree it's the excessively sweet act that I don't care for...I like the actress and feel she has the mannerisms down but not quite the personality imo...I wish they would tone down the phony too sweet act with this Taylor and then she will start to feel more familiar instead of like a whole new character...the only thing that's a breath of fresh air is having Taylor back on screen besides the phony personality switch.

Leave a comment:

• Belindaa
    replied
    I've liked Krista since she played Billie on Days, and I think she does a good job. But yes, the excessive sweetness does seem phony to me, too. Despite having the mannerisms of HT down pat, this Taylor still feels like a totally different character from the Taylor I remember, and she feels like a stranger.

Leave a comment:

• jasonk
    commented on 's reply
    The actress commented -- a lot!-- about this when she did a Youtube interview by one of the producers. When she auditioned for the part, her hair was bleached blonde cut in a pixie. For the audition, she quickly bought a wig online. She got the part, and staff set themselves to finding a good wig for her. They tried all kinds of wigs --to such a confusing point that in one episode her "hair" hit the top of her shoulders in one shot and went way below her shoulder blades in another! During the podcast, she was clearly distressed -- but by that point, in December, her real hair had grown out to its true dark brown color and about brushed the tops of her shoulders. By that time, they were filming her without a wig, and we should see the "real" Taylor in a couple of weeks. I hated, hated those wigs. It looked as if she needed to come up from air under the sea of acrylic! But on Youtube,with her natural hair, she was really pretty.

• beevus2
    replied
    Originally posted by JTDMom View Post
    I love Krista Allen! She’s stunning just like OG Taylor, and I love how emotionally steady and even tempered she is. Her reserve is a real contrast to not only Brooke, but Hope as well. She is very believable as Mom to Steffy and Thomas. I am loving her portrayal!
    Me too!!! And I believe she has way more chemistry with Ridge than Brooke does. I hope the writers see the writing on the wall and just let Bridge die for good. The ship has sailed on that couple IMO. I always loved HT but KA is amazing in the role of Taylor.

Leave a comment:

• mxims
    replied
    I think the new Tylor is a good addition to the cast, but her wig is really getting in the way of her performance. The actress seems uncomfortable with it, too, and it seems to inhibit her work. Can't the stylists just use the actress's real hair, either cut or color it like old Taylor's, and leave it at that. As is, I find myself watching the wig, as if it were its own character, every time Taylor's onscreen. It's very distracting. Please somebody remedy this now so we can engage naturally with the actress's performance.

Leave a comment:

• tay27
    commented on 's reply
    Well turning her into sloppy drunk, driving drunk, hallucinating about Brooke after she had Jack, and having her take up with Phoebe’s boyfriend was not the writing of Taylor in the 90s. Bell jr wrote that downward spiral of Taylor and I quit watching.

• QueenTaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by tay27 View Post
    ITA, I couldn’t stand the bitter Taylor, not HT’s fault, it was the crap writing Bell jr. was giving her. She was really acting like a nut job. The 90s Taylor was sweet and kind and confident . So I’m glad to see that version re-emerging.
    Seems to be that 90's version but sweeter imo more like Donna than Taylor...I never thought Taylor acted nutty except for when they had her supposedly shoot Bill imo they went too far...I never thought she acted anymore nuttier than Brooke when she is being bitter and fussing at Quinn imo

Leave a comment:

• tay27
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulaLi View Post
    I like her a lot! I think she is a welcome breath of fresh air and I don´t mind that she is friendly and sweet instead of angry and resentful. We had quite a lot of the later, when Taylor was last played by HT and IMO it nearly destroyed the character.
    Personally, I think being understanding to Sheila is actually smart. Certainly more clever than being confrontational- we all know how Sheila would react to that. Plus, this way Taylor gets to see much clearer what Sheila is up to. Good for everyone.
    I am sure this new version of Taylor will hold her own in a fight with Brooke . She is sweet and bubbly, but she doesn´t come across naive or like an airhead to me. I can imagine her acting rather deliberate in a fight, which IMO is preferably to angry shrieking ?.
    ITA, I couldn’t stand the bitter Taylor, not HT’s fault, it was the crap writing Bell jr. was giving her. She was really acting like a nut job. The 90s Taylor was sweet and kind and confident . So I’m glad to see that version re-emerging.

Leave a comment:

• QueenTaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
    Taylor was always very kind and sweet. The character is actually being written true to character. But is the thread about asking if we like KA as Taylor? It's totally separate from the writing of the character.

Also KA and TK look good together. They would be steamy together.

KA also has had wonderful scenes with JMW.
    KA is a great recast but I'm just not a fan of the personality switch...I mean can you imagine Taylor right now standing up to Bill the way OG Taylor did when she first found him in her house with Steffy?...calm and rational is good but come on I also like to be entertained...I see NuTaylor being punked by Quinn the same way Donna was and that's just not true to form to Taylor imo.

Leave a comment:

• Emerald Greens
    replied
    I am ok if Taylor and Brooke don’t have major chemistry this time but it may take time . They may have to have several encounters to see how they really play off each other. True KA and TK had instant chemistry but I think sometimes it takes a while,

Leave a comment:

• QueenTaylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
    Taylor was always very kind and sweet. The character is actually being written true to character. But is the thread about asking if we like KA as Taylor? It's totally separate from the writing of the character.

Also KA and TK look good together. They would be steamy together.

KA also has had wonderful scenes with JMW.
    That's true but not quite like this...I feel like she comes off very Disney like...and yes her and Steffy are fine but I just wasn't feeling the connection between her and Brooke the first and only time so far.

Leave a comment:

• ILoveBizzie
    replied
    She’s doing great! Even better than I had imagined when I suggested her (in an old recasting Taylor ideas thread)just based on her looks.

She has the voice, the mannerisms, the personality. Really all like Hunter.

Imo this is about as smooth as a recast can get.

Leave a comment:

• Angelala
    replied
    Great recast, I like her a lot!!!

Leave a comment:

• JTDMom
    replied
    I love Krista Allen! She’s stunning just like OG Taylor, and I love how emotionally steady and even tempered she is. Her reserve is a real contrast to not only Brooke, but Hope as well. She is very believable as Mom to Steffy and Thomas. I am loving her portrayal!

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X