• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QueenTaylor
    Day Player
    • Dec 2021

Nu Taylor impressions so far

I like the actress but the Portrayal I'm not quite sure of at the moment...I think Taylor is a little bit too sugary sweet and bubbly for my taste...I don't see her being able to put Brooke in her place in a cat fight like O G Taylor...I mean that was apart of the magic with her and Brooke KKL they acted off each other so well and so far I'm not seeing that...They don't feel like long time rivals but like they just met and barely know each other imo...I would really like to see a little bit of the spunk and fire Og Taylor had... I'm trying to get used to this version of Taylor but I need her to stop being so nice to Sheila! I mean she shot her and took her away from her family and I don't know why they are making her overly sweet and understanding of Sheila Carter...I know she's a psychiatrist but come on! some anger and resentment would be more believable and understandable imo.
    Last edited by QueenTaylor; January 14, 2022, 11:11 AM.
  • PaulaLi
    Contract Poster
    • Oct 2009

I like her a lot! I think she is a welcome breath of fresh air and I don´t mind that she is friendly and sweet instead of angry and resentful. We had quite a lot of the later, when Taylor was last played by HT and IMO it nearly destroyed the character.
    Personally, I think being understanding to Sheila is actually smart. Certainly more clever than being confrontational- we all know how Sheila would react to that. Plus, this way Taylor gets to see much clearer what Sheila is up to. Good for everyone.
    I am sure this new version of Taylor will hold her own in a fight with Brooke . She is sweet and bubbly, but she doesn´t come across naive or like an airhead to me. I can imagine her acting rather deliberate in a fight, which IMO is preferably to angry shrieking ?.

Comment

• PassingThrough
      Board Regular
      • Nov 2014

I'm so happy to see a sane, rational, compassionate Taylor. If she's a little sugary sweet, so be it. It sure as heck beats the alternative.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
        WalnutGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        When Taylor first came on the scene, she was like that, but down the road the writers took her in another direction.
    • Treasure Box
      Day Player
      • Jan 2022

i don't really like her hairdo. it covers too much of her face.

Comment

• soapnuts
        soapnuts commented
        Editing a comment
        Awful wig really shows when she turns side ways I hope they get rid of it soon

• GB707
        GB707 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, for goodness sakes, get rid of that terrible wig!
    • QueenTaylor
      Day Player
      • Dec 2021

Originally posted by PaulaLi View Post
      I like her a lot! I think she is a welcome breath of fresh air and I don´t mind that she is friendly and sweet instead of angry and resentful. We had quite a lot of the later, when Taylor was last played by HT and IMO it nearly destroyed the character.
      Personally, I think being understanding to Sheila is actually smart. Certainly more clever than being confrontational- we all know how Sheila would react to that. Plus, this way Taylor gets to see much clearer what Sheila is up to. Good for everyone.
      I am sure this new version of Taylor will hold her own in a fight with Brooke . She is sweet and bubbly, but she doesn´t come across naive or like an airhead to me. I can imagine her acting rather deliberate in a fight, which IMO is preferably to angry shrieking ?.
      I can understand your point but do you really feel that her and Brooke have a long history and really know each other like before?...I really feel they dropped the ball and should've had her come back and say she had therapy also while she was away then I would probably be able to buy the personality switch.

Comment

• PaulaLi
        PaulaLi commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually yes. I do feel that she and Brooke have a long history. But it also feels like a new start for the character and I totally love that. I guess for me it is more important to have a more likeable, sane, serene Taylor around, than to see this character sort of "melt" with Taylors history. So I am absolutely enjoying it.
        But I can see her point as well and see how it could be difficult to see in NuTaylor the Taylor who has a decades lasting history with Brooke. I thought all the talk about Taylor being around the world helping people, was the writers way of letting us know she worked on her issues, even though therapy wasn´t mentioned. A kind of helping yourself by helping others (who really need it) kind of thing.
    • Emerald Greens
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PaulaLi View Post
      Yes I get tired of the anger and hostility . I don’t see her as weak or too nice . She isn’t over the top like most of the characters are right now.
      Real world you sometimes have to find a different way to deal with people you don’t necessarily like or trust. I have had to to do that at times it feels more realistic than a lot of ultimatums or confrontations especially if that approach isn’t working. I don’t think she’s naive or a space cadet either.

Comment

• bluejazz
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2008

I agree with OP. She's too sweet and bubbly and doesn't have the gravitas Taylor should. She's so excessively sweet that she's coming off phoney to me. So far, she doesn't have the antagonistic chemistry that Brooke and Taylor had or the romantic chemistry with Ridge.

As a psychiatrist, she should be aware that Sheila is unlikely to change without an intense treatment plan and what that should include. She also should know that giving Sheila an in makes getting a TRO if necessary much harder. Her decision there made absolutely no sense from the standpoint of her being a mental health professional.

Comment

• GB707
          GB707 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I agree, she is way too sweet, and just kind of fake in a way. Plus she seems too young for the role as well, and doesn't seem to be able to convey the history of the character. Plus, and this is just nitpicking, but she is constantly clasping or wringing her hands, which drives me nuts! LOL!
      • JJ1
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Mar 2009

Is her hair a wig? It looks fake? I like her acting.

Comment

• jasonk
          jasonk commented
          Editing a comment
          The actress commented -- a lot!-- about this when she did a Youtube interview by one of the producers. When she auditioned for the part, her hair was bleached blonde cut in a pixie. For the audition, she quickly bought a wig online. She got the part, and staff set themselves to finding a good wig for her. They tried all kinds of wigs --to such a confusing point that in one episode her "hair" hit the top of her shoulders in one shot and went way below her shoulder blades in another! During the podcast, she was clearly distressed -- but by that point, in December, her real hair had grown out to its true dark brown color and about brushed the tops of her shoulders. By that time, they were filming her without a wig, and we should see the "real" Taylor in a couple of weeks. I hated, hated those wigs. It looked as if she needed to come up from air under the sea of acrylic! But on Youtube,with her natural hair, she was really pretty.

• soapnuts
          soapnuts commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please get rid of that wig
      • nykarenb
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Nov 2009

I like this Taylor. I knew that in true fashion however, she just can’t win. If she came back still antagonistic towards Brooke; she’d be called still crazy and unable to just get on with her life. She comes back no longer antagonistic and getting on with her life; she’s called fake and phony.Whatever.
        I love that she’s not sweating Brooke and not doing anything to pursue a future with Ridge. She’s focused on her career, her children, and her grandchildren. I’m perfectly fine with that.

Comment

• QueenTaylor
          Day Player
          • Dec 2021

Originally posted by bluejazz View Post
          I agree with OP. She's too sweet and bubbly and doesn't have the gravitas Taylor should. She's so excessively sweet that she's coming off phoney to me. So far, she doesn't have the antagonistic chemistry that Brooke and Taylor had or the romantic chemistry with Ridge.

As a psychiatrist, she should be aware that Sheila is unlikely to change without an intense treatment plan and what that should include. She also should know that giving Sheila an in makes getting a TRO if necessary much harder. Her decision there made absolutely no sense from the standpoint of her being a mental health professional.
          Thank you and this is exactly the point I've been trying to make...I would like some resemblance of Og Taylor and I'm just not getting that right now... seems very phony and fake.​​​​

Comment

• QueenTaylor
            Day Player
            • Dec 2021

Originally posted by JJ1 View Post
            Is her hair a wig? It looks fake? I like her acting.
            Yes but it's temporary the actress says and that soon she will be wearing her real hair.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

Taylor was always very kind and sweet. The character is actually being written true to character. But is the thread about asking if we like KA as Taylor? It's totally separate from the writing of the character.

Also KA and TK look good together. They would be steamy together.

KA also has had wonderful scenes with JMW.

Comment

• batman79
                Day Player
                • Apr 2005

As I predicted, great recast. She has chemistry with everyone.

Comment

• JTDMom
                  Board Regular
                  • May 2012

I love Krista Allen! She’s stunning just like OG Taylor, and I love how emotionally steady and even tempered she is. Her reserve is a real contrast to not only Brooke, but Hope as well. She is very believable as Mom to Steffy and Thomas. I am loving her portrayal!

Comment

• Angelala
                    Soap Addict
                    • Jan 2007

Great recast, I like her a lot!!!

Comment

• Harriet
                      Harriet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      KA is a good actress and is very beautiful. A good recast..

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X