• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lovely rita
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2014

Hope's Idea Was To Leave The Cabin

if she didn't get her way. Ridge today, reminded her of that. He wants to go find a home of her own and then she can see Deacon.

He tells her it's his home.
  • ShesAllThat
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2004

and now she is standing there like a child being put on tme out pouting!!! "have you talked to my mom about this??" ridge said HE AIN"T ASKING her to leave! he is making it clear!! pack yours and your daddy's bags and get to stepping!!!

Comment

• B-Hold
      Day Player
      • Nov 2012

Ridge is right. It's about time someone makes Hope live up to her ultimatums and stop enabling her entitlement.

Comment

• ShesAllThat
        ShesAllThat commented
        Editing a comment
        i loved it!!! it was even better than i imagined!!

• LnF
        LnF commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, some real consequences for her words.
    • MzMasani
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2007

Oh, my! I can hardly wait to see Brooke react. Ridge isn't following the script and letting the woman-child have her way. Brooke will unleash the beast!!

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as it leads to Deacon-Brooke and Ridge-Taylor I don't care! Let her unleash!
    • LnF
      Board Regular
      • Oct 2016

That part was funny, she was the one to make that threat and now every single person can see she never lives up to her word. She never thought they wouldn't give in to her demands. Hope really thought Ridge will tolerate Deacon around him and the home he's living in all the time. Just imagine Bridget coming back for Christmas or new year and walking in on that mess. Hope is entirely selfish and don't care who she hurts as long as she gets her way.

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        LnF THIS!!!!!

• Quintessential
        Quintessential commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think Hope cares for one minute what Ridge wants or will tolerate just like Ridge doesn't care what Hope wants. I agree that hope rarely lives up to her word but who can see Hope doesn't live up to her word in this one particular instance? How do they know Hope wouldn't have left had Brooke stuck to her guns and said Deacon's not welcome on my property?

Bridget comes home to the mess that is her mother and Bridget's step-daughter/half sister why would Bridget want to deprive her sister from her father because of the sins of their mother?

Besides how many times did Bridget come back for Christmas or New Year while Deacon was in prison and she knew for sure he wouldn't be around? Has Bridget ever come back for Christmas or New Year? A couple years ago when Bridget was home and Quinn showed the embarrassing video of Bill and Brooke kissing didn't Bridget defend Brooke and try to get Katie to see what all she had been willing to forgive when it comes to Brooke? And didn't Bridget just recently remind Hope and Liam what she was willing to forgive and encourage Hope to do the same when it comes to Liam and Steffy and the who's the daddy storyline?
    • maryg
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2006

The minute he brought up the subject, you could see the angry look on her face. Of course she will tell Brooke that Ridge is being selfish. She has always been selfish and no one sees it. Everyone sees her as giving but she is only giving when it is money that was handed to her and she can can take credit for being a wonderful human being for sharing a little of what was not hers to begin with.

Comment

• SweetJade
        SweetJade commented
        Editing a comment
        I Co-sign this so much!!
    • RedheadTeacher
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

Hope's statement about Ridge telling her to leave "my mother's property" showed that she totally dismisses the fact that her mother is married to Ridge. Of course, she's learned that attitude from her mother who totally dismisses the fact that Ridge has children too.

Comment

• MzMasani
        MzMasani commented
        Editing a comment
        She, nor her helicopter mom, show much respect for Ridge; he is just another tenant.
    • SharikaC
      Day Player
      • Oct 2015

Maybe it's the motivation Hope needs. Leaving is the only way she's finally going to be treated like an adult and it's time she acts like an adult. That dungeon is no place for a growing family. It's past time for Hope/Liam to find a decent place to live.

Comment

• juwalker
        juwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely agree
    • MzMasani
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2007

Thought she had a successful clothing line? Hubby works...so, WHY are they still mooching off grown adults rent-free?? Woman-up and GTFO; should have your own damn spot, anyway.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
        RedheadTeacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Because Hope hasn't been weaned yet.

• juwalker
        juwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't agree more
    • lovely rita
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2014

I'm glad Ridge threw that in her face that it was her idea (threat) to move out of the cabin. She is still quite immature and unappreciative to be given a place to live with Liam to raise her daughter.

And she doesn't really care no if what she wants is upsetting Ridge. She has no respect for her mother's marriage. She is just thinking
      about herself and what she wants. She's so child-like.

Liam isn't even a thought in her mind and what he wants because she know she can coerce him to come around to her way of
      thinking.

Comment

• SweetJade
        SweetJade commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm actually feeling bad for Liam now, he is only wanting her to slow down where the children are concerned in her daddy quest and he's not wrong. Hope is once again showing that she wears the pants in all things in that marriage.

• juwalker
        juwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said, Rita.
    • kendallalways
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Oct 2007

I LOVED it.... And the anger on Hope's face at being called on her bluff just made it that much sweeter.

She blackmailed Brooke to keep her in line and it worked - Brooke acknowledge that Hope calls all the shots, and is her boss.

Too bad so sad she's not also Ridge's boss. Knowing how much this is going to infuriate Brooke and end Bridge makes me enjoy it all the more.

Comment

• PeaceOut
        PeaceOut commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course it worked on Brooke. She is an idiot. I'm really getting annoyed with the amount of cuddling she gives to Hope. Ridge won't do it but Hope deserves a nasty slap in the face.
    • joncharmed93
      Contract Poster
      • Apr 2012

Of course she was upset, when she offered it was under the condition that she was still wanted and loved, but throwing her out gives the opposite statement. Ridge making her out to be a stain on the family and now wanting to get rid of her is a complete different situation.

Comment

• joncharmed93
        joncharmed93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing remotely of the sort with Ridge. He's protecting his feelings. If he really was so secure with Brooke then he wouldn't be acting like this. It's not right to put his fears of Brooke's fidelity on Hope and treating Hope as if she was a monster.

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        Deacon is with Shelia which Ridge knows. No one told him that Shelia thing was a lie. Deacon told Hope and Brooke and neither informed Ridge. However neither Hope or Brooke knows that Deacon is still hanging out with Shelia. Ridge has every right to be concern about both of those convicts. Shelia is still and always will be a psycho and Deacon is still manipulating and conning.

• RedheadTeacher
        RedheadTeacher commented
        Editing a comment
        B-Hold If I remember correctly, Brooke was the only one who heard Deacon say that he and Sheila weren't in a relationship. Hope walked in after that. That's what has me especially irritated as Hope doesn't see that as a concern. And while Deacon can say that he and Sheila aren't a couple, he can't say that he has nothing to do with her or that he isn't sharing information with her on a daily basis.
    • prpnc
      Scriptwriter
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by kendallalways View Post
      I LOVED it.... And the anger on Hope's face at being called on her bluff just made it that much sweeter.

She blackmailed Brooke to keep her in line and it worked - Brooke acknowledge that Hope calls all the shots, and is her boss.

Too bad so sad she's not also Ridge's boss. Knowing how much this is going to infuriate Brooke and end Bridge makes me enjoy it all the more.
      I absolutely loved it too and couldn't believe what I was hearing. I'm not particularly a Ridge fan, but I'm with him all the way on throwing Hopie dearest (she could really play a young JC I'm telling ya) OUT!! It's way past time for she and Liam to find their own doggone place!! Hope is in this storyline front and center, but at least there will be some interesting action coming down the pike. Anything that ruffles Hope and Brooke's feathers make me very happy.
      Last edited by prpnc; December 4, 2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Quintessential
        Senior Board Member
        • Aug 2016

Why doesn't Ridge just admit the truth. Why doesn't he just tell Hope if your father is here on this property I'm scared to death my wife is going to end up in bed with him just like she did 25 years ago when you were conceived. She willingly betrayed her own daughter so she sure as heck will betray me and I'm afraid I can't breathe without your mother.

The way I see it, when Brooke told Hope Deacon isn't welcome on her property, Hope had two choices.

1. Tell Brooke okay then I won't have my father in my home
        2. Tell Brooke okay I respect your rules so I will move somewhere that both my parents will be welcome.

I thought Hope made the right choice by telling her mother she will move off her property. It was Brooke who told Hope no no no I don't want you to leave my property okay okay you can have your father in your home.

How can Ridge possibly think Brooke and Deacon will spend less time together if they will both be visiting Hope in some other house that Ridge is not welcome in? And what happened to Deacon being too dangerous to be around the children? Suddenly he's not so dangerous he can be around the children including Douglas carte blanche far way away from Ridge's watchful eye?

Ridge is nothing but a jealous raging joke throwing everything against the wall seeing what sticks when it comes to why they need to exile Hope's father.

Comment

• Quintessential
          Quintessential commented
          Editing a comment
          PeaceOut no Ridge has not explained enough when it comes to Deacon because Ridge has yet to tell the truth.

Ridge is shooting at the most vulnerable target and that's Brooke's daughter. He's got her daughter caught between a rock and a hard place. Hope moves out she makes Ridge happy she stays she makes her mother happy. Neither her or Liam want to move out. When she suggested to Liam they move out Liam was totally against it. So Hope has two parents, Brooke and Ridge, each telling her to do the opposite when it comes to where she lives. She and Liam both want to do what Brooke is telling her to do which is stay.

What is it Brooke knows darn well she should be doing but she isn't doing? Telling Deacon that he is not welcome in the main house, he's to limit his time on their property to Hope's cabin, he's not to approach Brooke outdoors. If Brooke is visiting Hope and Deacon arrives Brooke should leave immediately out of respect to Ridge. Brooke should be telling Deacon she's off limits.

Brooke's not doing any of that but it still doesn't give Ridge the right to take it out on Brooke's daughter.

• RedheadTeacher
          RedheadTeacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Steffy and Finn have both visited at the cabin without Brooke's presence, and Brooke doesn't even need to go there to see Hope as Hope comes to the main house with regularity. Having Brooke and Deacon there at the same time is totally unnecessary, unless they want to be there at the same time.

Where did the notion of Deacon moving into the cabin come from? Are they adding an extension, or will he be sleeping on the couch? As Liam doesn't even want Deacon in Hope's life, I can't imagine that he'd be OK with having him living with them. Or maybe Liam is expected to concede to anything Hope wants?

If Deacon is in need of a place to stay, Hope and Liam can well afford to pay for him to stay in the same hotel that Sheila is currently living in. Then he can hit up his own mini bar.

• Quintessential
          Quintessential commented
          Editing a comment
          RedheadTeacher I'm not aware of any notion that Deacon move into the cabin.

I agree Brooke doesn't need to go down to the cabin when Deacon is visiting Hope. Brooke could tell Deacon he's not welcome in the main house and he's not to approach Brooke anywhere on the property. However that's not what Brooke's doing. Brooke is telling Deacon he's welcome. He's sitting in her living room right now they're about 6 inches if that far from one another reminiscing about old times.

I was talking about when Hope gets a new place. Moves like Ridge ordered she do. Then Brooke and Deacon can run into each other anytime at Hope's new place especially if Hope asked Deacon to move into the new place. Maybe it'll have a guest house. Paris didn't have any trouble finding Finn in Steffy's guest house.

I'm saying I think Ridge is a fool for telling Hope to move thinking that's going to put an end to Brooke and Deacon. I think Brooke and Deacon will have much more opportunity to be together if Hope is living elsewhere and it won't be under Ridge's watchful eye.
          Last edited by Quintessential; December 6, 2021, 08:35 AM.
      • QueenSteffy
        Board Regular
        • Aug 2018

Amen OP, amen to everything you said!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X