Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time Bold had a business storyline?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the last time Bold had a business storyline?

I don't remember Bold ever having a business storyline in years. You had Ridge making a choice between Intimates and Hope for the Future, but that was more about Liam and not actually business. The last time business was a major storyline was when Sally Spectra was fighting back against Bills meddling in Spectra Fashions. Once Spectra got blown off the map the show shifted focus onto Hope and Liam and had been that way ever since.

I don't recall one business storyline since 2017, and it's really baffling as to why. I remember when Zende came back during Covid protocols that he was supposed to come back running the Forrester Boutique and having some kind of big business storyline. But it never happened, it was all about Zoe chosing between Carter and Zende.

Is business officially over on Bold?

Originally posted by joncharmed93 View Post
    I don't remember Bold ever having a business storyline in years. You had Ridge making a choice between Intimates and Hope for the Future, but that was more about Liam and not actually business.
    Yes, that was more about the triangle from hell and how that business decision was quickly blowing up their fragile peace/ resolution to get over the past and to work together as a close patchwork-family raising Liam's children together (Taylor later being the next issue they had to deal with, couldn't handle together).

We had business in different SL's also being used to push or endanger relationships.

*)Hope had not wanted to work with Thomas after the SL with Beth. Thomas pushed the issue that it was Hope's only way of saving her line or it would have to be dropped without having anyone designing for it - and Hope then asked Sally (who already worked for Steffy) and then even asked jewelry designer Quinn to design the fashion for her line.

Then we had it being no issue when Thomas had run off after the failed Zoe wedding. When he had returned and when Zende turned up, we again had it become an issue and Hope wanting Thomas to stop working for her line - just to later go back on her decision when he had made designs that she very much liked (and then had two designers for her line).

*) Business had been a little part of the triangle SL for Sally-Wyatt-Flo.
    When Sally faked her illness, Ridge had to take over her work for Steffy's line.

But business always had been a plot point in these SL's, while we didn't get any fashion shows, no real competition.

Comment

This is why I hardly watch anymore. I started from day 1 because it was so different than any of the other soaps. I loved the fashion shows & the espionage intrigue. Now for years its been only love triangles & babies. Give the viewers something exciting Bell PLEASE!

Comment

It seems the sex lives, or lack thereof, are all that is important to the characters. An occasional sketch of a design is shown and a random model shows off a dress right in the office every so often.

Comment

I have renewed 'hope' in a way....having the show bring back both Sheila and Deacon...but also hope they remember that the show is about the fashion industry....having the Forresters lose control of the family business would be a story arc that could encompass most of the cast in a variety of ways....perhaps the writers will give us something along those lines....;0)

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X