Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what FC pays, but people in the US just get so aggravated when someone is not totally independent, whether it be a young person just starting out or a woman staying in a marriage for financial reasons. It is very very expensive in this country anywhere you live and especially in the larger cities. Generally people lived with their parents until marriage up until 60 or so years ago, and in most foreign countries there are multi-generational families in one house. When foreigners move to this country, they are a lot of times multigenerational families living in one house. That's part of why they can afford to live in nice homes and start businesses that Americans can't. My son lives in the house I grew up in. Some families help other family members and that's ok. It seems to be an old concept. In the case of Paris, I just can't believe she doesn't have a female roommate by now to help share expenses. She has one opportunity after another and everything falls in her lap (job opportunity, housing, men - not to mention she's the constant praise receiver at the moment). I think those things are my biggest complaints about her.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Paris was considered a guest at Steffy's home, not a rent payer.

I googled foundation director salaries (she's not a designer although she is being given credit for her amazing eye for fashion) and the median salary for the position in LA is $170,000 with the upper end being at $250,000.

I think that Paris should be able to find a suitable living arrangement for herself. Not too shabby for a recent college grad.

Comment

• bestcom
        bestcom commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything about the Paris character is so contrived and unbelievable. She's a parasite and a busybody and they keep trying to force-fit her into story lines that would play better without her. Note to TPTB - it's not working. Viewers do NOT like Paris and she needs to go.

• bestcom
        bestcom commented
        Editing a comment
        It's simply not credible that a corporation would make an inexperienced just-out-of-college newbie their charitable foundation director. And Paris' funky look and style? - not exactly Forrester Creations trademark look.

Im not a paris fan but she did move into thomas' apartment thinking she was renting the place on her own. she is paying rent.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
        RedheadTeacher commented
        Editing a comment
        But why hadn't she found a place on her own after moving out of Steffy's home?

• viennagirl
        viennagirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Paris excuse has been that she hadn't yet found the "right place", but Thomas' apartment seemed to be in the right place as Paris immediately stated that it fits what she was looking for and that she is kinda is more a town girl than a beach bunny.

And yes, Paris told Thomas in that episode already that she would be paying for that apartment because she fortunate enough to be able to pay her own way.

_________

Oct 13:
        Thomas: I’ll just sublet it. Wait a minute, you’ve been living with your friend after you moved out of steffy and finn’s, right?
        Paris: Yeah, finding the right place has been really hard.

Thomas: So, now that I got the house, I mean, you could move in today if you think it’s a good fit.
        Paris: It’s great.

Thomas: Look, I know this place isn’t exactly my sister’S. It’s not in malibu, it’s not right on the beach, but it’s–
        Paris: Well, it’s perfect. And I’m way more of a city girl than a beach bunny, anyways.

Originally posted by prpnc View Post
      I don't know what FC pays, but people in the US just get so aggravated when someone is not totally independent, whether it be a young person just starting out or a woman staying in a marriage for financial reasons. It is very very expensive in this country anywhere you live and especially in the larger cities. Generally people lived with their parents until marriage up until 60 or so years ago, and in most foreign countries there are multi-generational families in one house. When foreigners move to this country, they are a lot of times multigenerational families living in one house. That's part of why they can afford to live in nice homes and start businesses that Americans can't. My son lives in the house I grew up in. Some families help other family members and that's ok. It seems to be an old concept. In the case of Paris, I just can't believe she doesn't have a female roommate by now to help share expenses. She has one opportunity after another and everything falls in her lap (job opportunity, housing, men - not to mention she's the constant praise receiver at the moment). I think those things are my biggest complaints about her.
      That is my problem with her as well. It wasn't family tho- she was staying with her boss. It would have been different if we had seen actual friendship but onscreen Steffy and Finn (newlyweds with a newborn) they hardly interacted before.

Obvious nonsensical situationfor plot reasons that still remain a mystery.

Also as I have said, she is social worker. She of all people should have knowledge and access to affordable housing programs and services.

It wouldn't bother me as much if it weren't for the neverending and out of NOWHERE sudden worship of everyone in the cast.

Thomas calling her a
      "Self Sufficient Warrior" was ridiculously laughable. She may be many good things but self sufficient is NOT one of them lol. She lived with her sister then her boss then her friend's couch then her boss's brother.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
        RedheadTeacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me add that she came to LA without a job and was hired because Carter thought it would make Zoe happy. It's actually absurd that FC would hire someone straight out of college with no real experience to be the director of their charitable foundation, no matter whom she's related to.

• Sopranojenn
        Sopranojenn commented
        Editing a comment
        RedheadTeacher Yes, exactly! Good point. You think you would need to know a TEENSY bit about business (other than her "legendary neighborhood bake sales") to run or even help run an international multi-million dollar foundation

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X