Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Paris, the Self-Sufficient Warrior"? Really, Thomas??

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Paris, the Self-Sufficient Warrior"? Really, Thomas??

That line from Friday's show was pure ridiculousness!!

I know they are trying their hardest to push Paris but come on!!! The writers had to have done it on purpose.

Paris... who went from school to living with her sister to living with her BOSS to living with her friend Michelle to now living with her boss's BROTHER??

Tell us again about the self-sufficient part? And the warrior part?

While she is standing in your living room?

was a bit much. Is one of those lines I chose to ignore, part of the out of line praises often done. barf-ie like.

Comment

Paris has done absolutely nothing to warrant any of those adjectives, at least on our screens.

When will TPTB realize that the adage "actions speak louder than words" is accepted as truth?

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! Worst is when the praised characters own action are opposite of the words!

I don’t watch to keep bile from rising up every time Paris is on. Being back Nicole! Recast! Tell us what happened with she and Zende!

Comment

• PennyB
        PennyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Paris is a parasite. I agree that Zoe and Nicole (especially Nicole) were better choices.

When will the writers learn that the more they have characters constantly give out undeserved praise on a character; the less likely it is that viewers will like that character. And when it comes to Paris, self-sufficient is the very last compliment they should be throwing out there. She got her job because Carter thought Zoe would be happy to have her there. She didn’t get it based on her education or experience. She hasn’t paid rent since she hit town. It’s all so ridiculous.

Comment

• Catmomma1
        Catmomma1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the writers already know this and could care less. Whatever the head writer wants to write, he writes and too bad for the viewers if we don't like it!

• Catmomma1
        Catmomma1 commented
        Editing a comment
        duplicate post in error
        Last edited by Catmomma1; October 18, 2021, 05:13 PM. Reason: double posted in error

• Anotherwoman
        Anotherwoman commented
        Editing a comment
        Really. She is written as a fickle user. Nothing self sufficient about her. And where does warrior come in?

Bell is ruining Thomas with this Paris nonsense.
      I find myself tuning out because of this story, and Thomas used to be my reason for watching. Bell is trying to force feed Paris to the audience, and it isn’t working at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ABeth View Post
        Bell is ruining Thomas with this Paris nonsense.
        I find myself tuning out because of this story, and Thomas used to be my reason for watching. Bell is trying to force feed Paris to the audience, and it isn’t working at all.
        Same here. I reach for the FF button every time I see Paris onscreen. Now they are ruining Thomas for her. And he was just starting to "recover" from Pwincess Hope.

Now it looks like it will be Paris is Perfect Paris is Perfect. Thomas has not been allowed to do A SINGLE THING but mindlessly worship someone who doesn't deserve it.

Why hasnt he gotten involved to protect his sister and niece and nephew from Sheila??? She shot HIS mother too!

But he has had absolutely ZERO to do with that story at all! All he does is sit around and simper over Mommy Hoooooope and now probably Perfect Paris.

There is nothing to him at all and it is SUCH a waste.

Comment

Oh I couldn´t agree more!

I liked Paris when she first came on the show. She seemed bubbly and potentially dangerous, I was interested. But now? For months now, everyone falls at her feet, is super impressed and is charmed by her, but none of it is actually accompanied by a really interesting character, who does something to warrant all this glorification. The writers always seem to go for the oversell of characters they want the audience to like and root for. It didn´t work for Flo, so why should it work for Paris?
          I really don´t like that the writers threw Thomas in her orbit, only to have him fall in line with the other members of the Paris fanclub.
          Last edited by PaulaLi; October 19, 2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• PeaceOut
            PeaceOut commented
            Editing a comment
            It worked for me just fine when it comes to Flo.
            So far she has actually done way more to earn a little thump up, compared to Paris. We litterally see her do nothing.
            Plus she is minding her own business.

• PaulaLi
            PaulaLi commented
            Editing a comment
            Good for you - and I mean this without any sarcasm. It does make the show more enjoyable. :-)
            But I do think the Flo fans are a minority, so IMO the attempt to win the audience over didn´t work for many, IMO most. You are right though, that we at least saw Flo do good. But IMO even that was handled clumsily and just another way of overselling a character. Still this thread is about Paris and I totally agree that we haven´t seen Paris do anything that explains why the other BB characters praise her like the next best thing.

She's self serving and can't take care of anything but causing trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadey View Post
            She's self serving and can't take care of anything but causing trouble.
            Very well put! Even when I liked her in the beginning she was self-serving. Hanging out at FC all day long. Waltzing into Carter's office and saying things like

"Oh well I don't like talking about myseeelf!"

Then proceeding to go on for 15 minutes about how great SHE is with all her charity work. Which consisted of "legendary neighborhood Bake Sales!" and that was about it. Then they started turning her into a Hope clone. All talk and pointless praise for doing nothing.

Bake sales are just lovely but that hardly qualifies you to help run a multi-million dollar foundation.

And that was BEFORE she became the office gossip and Superior Judge.

Comment

Watching Paris and Zende read reviews on her work at the Foundation on the FC website just stretched the bounds of reality. Do major foundations truly post reviews complimenting their directors on their websites?

Then, even worse, Paris makes the comment that she's known Zende's desire to "give back" so that's why she's set up scholarships in his name at the orphanage he grew up in. How is that in any shape or form a way that Zende is giving back? It's a way that Paris has ingratiated herself to her boyfriend by using other people's money.

If they truly want us to see Paris as something positive, they need to show her doing something to deserve the compliments. Phony reviews and making moves which win brownie points with her boyfriend don't cut it for me.

Comment

• taramartin
                taramartin commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with your post.

• B-Hold
                B-Hold commented
                Editing a comment
                No they don't. And I seriously doubt within the short time she has been President, she has made that big of a impact. I did notice that when hired Paris was President but the review said CEO.

I do think the writers know exactly what they are doing.I think they love to get fans panties in a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by RedheadTeacher View Post
                Watching Paris and Zende read reviews on her work at the Foundation on the FC website just stretched the bounds of reality. Do major foundations truly post reviews complimenting their directors on their websites?

Then, even worse, Paris makes the comment that she's known Zende's desire to "give back" so that's why she's set up scholarships in his name at the orphanage he grew up in. How is that in any shape or form a way that Zende is giving back? It's a way that Paris has ingratiated herself to her boyfriend by using other people's money.

If they truly want us to see Paris as something positive, they need to show her doing something to deserve the compliments.

Phony reviews and making moves which win brownie points with her boyfriend don't cut it for me.
                Thanx for the recap, Red. I didn't see it and don't want to. 🤒

Ita. Paris needs to do something useful.. like give out scarves.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
                  RedheadTeacher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry I wasted 19 minutes of my time watching the episode!

I am so baffled that TPTB can be so clueless about how to show someone demonstrate genuine service or giving back to others. It isn't about throwing money, especially money they didn't work to earn, or giving feel-good scarves. Given that Paris and Zende weren't raised in great wealth, I would expect them to know better.

While I am irritated and disgusted, I do enjoy the irony of how these "generous" and supposedly complimentary actions end up giving the exact opposite reaction from viewers toward the characters.

Originally posted by Jadey View Post

Thanx for the recap, Red. I didn't see it and don't want to. 🤒

Ita. Paris needs to do something useful.. like give out scarves.
                Jadey, I laughed at that too, thinking of Hope helping the starving people of the world with her scarves!

Comment

Pretty funny considering Paris is leeching hard off the Forresters even though she has a cushy job , which she also got by hanging around FC 24/7.

I think she's beyond fixing. Now she just looks fickle and shallow as well as extremely opportunistic.

Did Dr Buckingham never provide anything for his daughters? Doctors kids usually don't grow up in need. If not, shouldn't that have been a giant red flag around the adoption?
                  Last edited by bluejazz; October 20, 2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
                    RedheadTeacher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm guessing his gambling squandered his financial resources.

Paris is, in my opinion, beyond fixing. The sad thing is that TPTB don't think that she needs it!

• bluejazz
                    bluejazz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think they do know she's not working out and they're trying hard to fix it. They've made sudden big changes in her story because of the poor reception her recent stories have gotten and now they expect Thomasvto fix her.

The overpraise and near worship by other characters is part of the problem. Paris never found her spot and they're doubling down to make her happen.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X