• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soapy4life
    Board Regular
    • Oct 2008

Steffy said she " couldn't look at Finn"

When Steffy said she couldn't look at Finn it brought to mind the last time she said that, to Liam, because he was kissed by Sally (not that he returned the kiss and he told her about it). I recall the outrage and then, she ended up having sex with his dad and really regretted it all!
    She needs to remember what can happen. If she really loves Finn, that may not have been the best thing to say at that moment.
  • B&B blonde
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2010

I have never bought that Steffy is in love with Finn.

Comment

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      Being disappointed in a person doesn't mean you don't love them.

• Tahemet
      Tahemet commented
      Editing a comment
      actually...the stronger the emotions you have for someone, the more that person has the power to disappoint you.

• bluejazz
      bluejazz commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't bought it either. She's trying to convince herself too hard.
  • JTDMom
    Board Regular
    • May 2012

Not only is Steffy disappointed, she is frightened as well.

Comment

• RigbySoap
      Soap Addict
      • Jun 2015

Finn placed Steffy's child in the arms of a murderer and child kidnapper.
      Steffy is terrified. She knows Sheila could kidnap Hayes and no one will lay eyes on him again.
      Steffy is justified in her anger towards Finn.
      Finn's nonchalance and disregard for his son's safety is scaring me.

Comment

• JTDMom
        JTDMom commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely right!!

• Catmomma1
        Catmomma1 commented
        Editing a comment
        RIGHT ON, JTDmom!
    • RedheadTeacher
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

Finn hasn't even confessed to his text message exchange with Sheila, or the fact that he told Paris about it and asked her to keep it a secret.

Finn has betrayed Steffy, both in his actions and in his withholding information. Steffy has discussed her feelings about Sheila multiple times, and Finn never mentioned his desire to have further contact with her, so his sharing that tidbit with her today had to feel like another blindside. I can't blame her for not wanting to see him at this point as she might end up saying some things, in her anger, that would further damage their relationship.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by soapy4life View Post
        When Steffy said she couldn't look at Finn it brought to mind the last time she said that, to Liam, because he was kissed by Sally (not that he returned the kiss and he told her about it). I recall the outrage and then, she ended up having sex with his dad and really regretted it all!'
        She needs to remember what can happen. If she really loves Finn, that may not have been the best thing to say at that moment.
        Are you thinking that Steffy would sleep with someone or that it will lead to Finn cheating on her?

Comment

• soapy4life
          soapy4life commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think Finn would cheat on Steffy, but who really knows right now? I just think she has to take a deep breath and think about what is important to her, all of it. I really don't think Steffy will sleep with anyone this time, but if she loves Finn, she just turned him away from her.

• RedheadTeacher
          RedheadTeacher commented
          Editing a comment
          soapy4life Steffy turned him away to keep herself from saying anything more in anger. She needs time to process what's happened and figure out what comes next.

She didn't remove her wedding ring or tell him she never wanted to see him again.
      • soapfiction
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2012

He made a mistake, apologized and said he wouldn't do it again. This is Finn's first time breaking a promise to Steffy. He's forgiven her plenty, but she seemed sort unsympathetic and unforgiven today. For someone who's so frighten of Shelia, she sure does like to throw hands and poke the bear...just sayin'. I don't think this is going to cause Steffy to run off and cheat again. I know she's disappointed in Finn, but I hope Liam isn't the person she confides that too....I think that would be unfair. After today, I don't buy her love for Finn all that much either.

Comment

• LoveStories
          LoveStories commented
          Editing a comment
          There is everything else and then there is putting my child in danger. What Finn did to Hayes with Sheila far outweighs everything that Steffy has done and then some, imo. Not even close, really. And that's not even taking into account Finn’s text to Sheila and his confiding in Paris.

• Tahemet
          Tahemet commented
          Editing a comment
          Finn broke his promise and lost her trust.
          Handing Hayes to the psychopath Sheila was the ultimate betrayal.
          "Saying I am sorry" just won't do in this situation.

• AustensMom
          AustensMom commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not understanding the reasoning here. When Steffy slept with Liam she and Finn were not married, engaged or even living together. In other words they had made no commitment to each other so Steffy was decidedly single. And not only was it Finn's choice to forgive Steffy and stay in the relationship but her infidelity didn't put anyone at risk. They are now married and parents to a young baby. Sheila has proven herself to be highly dangerous and Steffy clearly fears for the safety of her children. Despite repeatedly imparting that to Finn, he sent Sheila a heart emoji and allowed himself to be talked into allowing Sheila into the house and to hold the baby. Steffy has chosen to view that not only as a betrayal of her trust, but Finn wilfully putting the family in danger, so much so that she is now terrified of opening her own front door. No apology can make up for that. And this is Sheila we're talking about. Steffy getting handsy with her or not wouldn't have made any difference.

I'm also not understanding how Steffy's anger and disappointment point to her not loving Finn all that much. Hope's anger and disappointment with Liam has led to endless broken engagements and not that long ago Brooke took off her ring and declared her marriage to Ridge was over because he wouldn't do what she wanted. Does that mean Hope doesn't really love Liam and Brooke doesn't really love Ridge.
      • Jasamfan
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2005

You have to consider the trauma Steffy suffered at the hands of this woman before you can understand her current actions.
        She's traumatized and that's all coming back up. She will forgive Finn and they'll be fine but I understand her reaction. Nothing means more to Steffy than her children. Come for her, fine. She'll deal. Come for her children, all bets are off.

Comment

• JTDMom
          JTDMom commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly the way I feel myself. ?

• RedheadTeacher
          RedheadTeacher commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll take it a step further and say that nothing means more to Steffy than her family, including her children. Even when Ridge wrongly blamed her for outing Brooke's wall sex, Steffy took her firing on the chin. Even when Bill used Taylor's shooting him to blackmail Steffy into not marrying Liam, she protected her mother. Even if it meant that Kelly and Beth wouldn't have the sister-like relationship that Steffy longed for, she stood up for Taylor.

Family is everything to Steffy, and Finn is blowing his chance to have that fierce protective bond that she has for her family.

• Tahemet
          Tahemet commented
          Editing a comment
          that's exactly what is happening.

Sheila's return would be a great vehicle for a PSTD story with a good story...but Brll only does cheap shock stories
      • JTDMom
        Board Regular
        • May 2012

Originally posted by soapy4life View Post
        When Steffy said she couldn't look at Finn it brought to mind the last time she said that, to Liam, because he was kissed by Sally (not that he returned the kiss and he told her about it). I recall the outrage and then, she ended up having sex with his dad and really regretted it all!
        And if Finn really loves Steffy and his son, he won’t put them at risk.

Comment

• soapy4life
          soapy4life commented
          Editing a comment
          But, in his defense, he doesn't know Sheila like they do, did not want her there, loves his dad and when Sheila showed up at the door, did not want her there and told her that, but listened to his father and that was that. But to tell her new husband she can't look at him, knowing what happened the last time she said that really grated on my nerves. He loves her and didn't invite Sheila there.
      • megthered
        Day Player
        • May 2013

Soapy4life- he let his father bully him into letting her into their home. As soon as she came in Finn should have made them both leave. He's being a doofus and allowing himself to be led around by the nose by his father and Sheila. He broke Steffys trust by sneaking behind her back and allowing Sheila to see Hayes. Finn is lucky hes just going to the guesthouse and not the hospital.

Comment

• Boldfan4ever
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Jan 2018

Steffy has done nothing wrong, i hope Li finds out about this

Comment

• Jadey
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by B-Hold View Post
          Being disappointed in a person doesn't mean you don't love them.
          She may love him, but "in love" is different. I don't buy her being in love with Finn or having an emotional attachment for him as she had for previous loves.. Bill, Liam, esp. Of course, it's understandably not the same.
          Maybe it's just me, but the ons with Liam showed a detachment from any deep feelings or loyalty for Finn at the time and despite being with him since then, she hasn't changed much. Jmo.

Comment

• PeaceOut
            PeaceOut commented
            Editing a comment
            Im personally not feeling Sinn either.

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            So does that apply to Liam as well? That he doesn't have deep attachment or love for Hope? Covid restrictions stymied the relationship but the dialogue and scenes since the restrictions were lift show Steffy loves, in love with Finn.
        • Jadey
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by B-Hold View Post
          So does that apply to Liam as well? That he doesn't have deep attachment or love for Hope? Covid restrictions stymied the relationship but the dialogue and scenes since the restrictions were lift show Steffy loves, in love with Finn.
          Liam went back to Hope and imo has love & attachment for her, but his feelings for Hope have nothing to do with Steffy's feelings for Finn except that Steffy had no choice other than to have neither one. It was clear she wanted Liam & he wanted Hope.
          The restrictions weren't what conveyed anybody's feelings to me or lack therof. A sex scene does not a love story make. That's staged.
          We all have our own opinions. I respect yours B-Hold, although mine are different. I just really saw nothing exciting in Sinn, but Jmo. ?

Comment

• Emerald Greens
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2006

People say that to people they love. I don’t know what will happen if they make it or not . I don’t think it proves she doesn’t love Finn .

I do think she feels frightened and betrayed. I think she feels even knowing what he knows Finn doesn’t fully comprehend what having Shelia around is like and why this is affecting Steffy so deeply . She fears Finn won’t be able to resist Shelia in his life. She has children to protect.

Comment

• juwalker
              Contract Poster
              • Jul 2011

Finn deserves to be in the dog house...I meant guest house.

What also bothers me about what he did is that if Steffy had not walked in and caught Sheila in her house holding Hayes, I'm almost certain that Finn would have kept that as a secret from Steffy (but would probably have told Paris, his new confidant). So not only did he immediately renege on the promise he made to his wife to keep Sheila away from Hayes, but he most likely would not have told his wife that he did it anyway. And did anybody notice that deep scowl he gave Steffy when she wasn't looking? The thought cross my mind that he may be more like Sheila than anyone knows. Heck Sheila might not be the threat that Steffy should be worrying about. It may be the psycho's son who she married that's the threat. I'll see how that all plays out. Could be soapy entertainment.

Honestly, I never wanted Steffy to marry Finn in the first place. I thought it was too soon because she didn't know much about him. Heck she hadn't even met any of his family (or friends, if any) when he proposed. What was the rush?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X