Finn has already failed to put Steffy first!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebisu1
    Board Regular
    • May 2011

Finn has already failed to put Steffy first!

Wow!!
    I can't believe the writers are already doing this with him. They should be writing a "United Front" story for SINN...not instant division. They need to fix this ASAP otherwise their entire story has been pointless
  • Tahemet
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2016

I am not surprised at all,
    Bell has to make sure that his alter ego is looking good.
    so Finn has to be tainted

Comment

• nykarenb
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Nov 2009

Finn: I promise to be a partner you can depend on. A father and stepfather our children can count on. Until my psychotic bio mommy shows up then I’ll throw all of you at her if that’ll make her stick around and love me.

Comment

• creation
        Board Regular
        • Sep 2018

What I don't get, is why Finn, after now learning what he knows about Sheila, from his own brand new wife, would trust Sheila or even want her in their lives, considering that she's a perfect stranger to him? To me, that makes no sense, even if she is his mother, a mother that he never even met or knew before.

Comment

• creativequeen
          Recurring Poster
          • May 2021

That has been Finn's lifelong dream to meet his birth mother. His point of view is understandable to me, as he is an adopted child and I get where he is coming from. It really has nothing to do with Steffy, and he isn't being selfish. He has stood by Steffy's side when she has hurt him deeply because he respects Steffy and understood her struggles, and has been more reactionary.

He should be able to get his questions and meet Sheila independently away from the rest. Steffy knows her familial history, Finn doesn't, and that's important to him. He would, however, have to make it clear to Sheila, that she only has access to him, and only him.

Because? When it comes to the Forresters, Steffy, and Hayes, then I would argue, that Finn cannot expect Stefffy and Sheila to ever mend fences or their family. This woman caused Steffy and her family extreme pain and is dangerous and liable, he cannot expect Steffy to forgive that or let her grudge down.

Both Steffy and Finn, are sympathetic to me in this situation. I feel bad for both Finn and Steffy.
          Last edited by creativequeen; August 12, 2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Rusti
            Rusti commented
            Editing a comment
            You've made some very good points. I think it's unrealistic to expect Finn to just forget that his birth mother showed up in town. I know the history with Sheila is abominable but nevertheless to Finn she is still the woman who gave birth to him and wanting to understand why he was given up for adoption is just a normal reaction.
            What is not realistic is why no one has asked anything about who Finn's bio Dad is? They all just kept going on about Sheila.

• Nichole43119
            Nichole43119 commented
            Editing a comment
            ITA with this. Putting your spouse 1st doesn't mean doing whatever they say. Like does anyone know when the last time Shelia tried to hurt a Forrester that Steffy cares about (Taylor, Eric, Ridge, Thomas, and etc). Hasn't it been like over 2 decades in soap time??

Not saying Steffy should like her. But she should understand why Finn wants to get to know her and this forbidding him to see her in controlling.
        • Ebisu1
          Board Regular
          • May 2011

Originally posted by creativequeen View Post
          That has been Finn's lifelong dream to meet his birth mother. His point of view is understandable to me, as he is an adopted child and I get where he is coming from. It really has nothing to do with Steffy, and he isn't being selfish. He has stood by Steffy's side when she has hurt him deeply because he respects Steffy and understood her struggles, and has been more reactionary.

He should be able to get his questions and meet Sheila independently away from the rest. Steffy knows her familial history, Finn doesn't, and that's important to him. He would, however, have to make it clear to Sheila, that she only has access to him, and only him.

Because? When it comes to the Forresters, Steffy, and Hayes, then I would argue, that Finn cannot expect Stefffy and Sheila to ever mend fences or their family.

Both Steffy and Finn, are sympathetic to me in this situation. I feel bad for both Finn and Steffy.
          I think what bothered me about how it was written was all his emphatic "No, she belongs here" type dialogue. Each time he said something like that Steffy looked she was being kicked in the chest...and none of that registered for him.

I know he was in shock, but the writing should have been better here. He should gave run to her to assure her that he just needed some answers and time to speak to Sheila again.

Comment

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            When Finn said ... no she does belong here. He followed that up with ... let her stay. He asked them to let her stay and he told them that he had something wonderful to tell them but they wouldn't give him the chance. It took the whole episode for them to let him get it out.

Then after she left he apologized to everyone for bringing her there. Steffy asked yet again if he was sure he didn't know anything about Sheila prior to this and he said no he didn't know. Steffy said she believed him and they all agreed that it wasn't his fault that he did not know.

I don't know why Steffy had to ask him again when he'd already said he didn't know. She's been the one who lies throughout the relationship not Finn.

Then Steffy had to place an ultimatum on Finn like she's his mother. I don't recall Finn placing any ultimatums on Steffy no matter what she's done. He didn't even demand she take down that huge family portrait after she slept with Liam.

I'm a Steffy fan first and foremost but I'm not too pleased with how she didn't seem to take Finn's feelings into account at all. It was just all about how Steffy feels. Granite I feel the same way about Sheila she does but I still think she could have been a heck of a lot more loving and trusting toward her husband who has never given her a reason to doubt him and has always had her back.
        • juwalker
          Contract Poster
          • Jul 2011

I'm still in disbelief that Finn quickly accepted the fact that a total stranger who approaches him to tell him she's his bio mom, and he believes it without proof. Is he stupid or what? For all he knew, she is a psychopath (which Sheila is) crashing a wedding (which she did). And he stupidly invited this TOTAL STRANGER into the home of his in-laws. I can't believe it. I'm done.

Comment

• Ebisu1
            Board Regular
            • May 2011

Originally posted by juwalker View Post
            I'm still in disbelief that Finn quickly accepted the fact that a total stranger who approaches him to tell him she's his bio mom, and he believes it without proof. Is he stupid or what? For all he knew, she is a psychopath (which Sheila is) crashing a wedding (which she did). And he stupidly invited this TOTAL STRANGER into the home of his in-laws. I can't believe it. I'm done.
            Yeah. It's really hard to buy and it makes Finn seem so dim. Poor guy. I just really wanted to see a "United Couple" story for SINN...not one where they are instantly on opposite sides and about to fight each other instead of a outside threat.

Comment

• juwalker
              juwalker commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. If he thinks that Steffy is gonna accept a psychopath around her or her son, he better ask Wyatt. Ain't gonna happen. Steffy will annul the marriage before Finn blinks.
          • creativequeen
            Recurring Poster
            • May 2021

Originally posted by Ebisu1 View Post

I think what bothered me about how it was written was all his emphatic "No, she belongs here" type dialogue. Each time he said something like that Steffy looked she was being kicked in the chest...and none of that registered for him.

I know he was in shock, but the writing should have been better here. He should gave run to her to assure her that he just needed some answers and time to speak to Sheila again.
            The writing was off that way, I agree. Finn did come off insensitive. But so did Ridge and Steffy, at one point, when they accused Finn of targeting Steffy and being part of a con with Sheila. Considering, that Finn has never used Steffy or the Forresters for anything, and in fact, Finn has saved both Thomas and Steffy's lives, and asked nothing in return. It was disappointing seeing them lose faith in Finn this quick after praising him few hours.

But I believe everyone was behaving in emotions running high, so I gave a pass for everybody for what they said, and they made up for it in today's episode.

I don't think Finn is trying to intentionally hurt Steffy. He isn't being malicious or mischievous. Again, this has been his dream since he has been a child, but this woman is also Steffy's worst nightmare. They got to compromise in one way, in my opinion. I am sure Steffy and Finn, will have more conversations and communications on how to deal with Sheila.

Comment

• nykarenb
              nykarenb commented
              Editing a comment
              Well them wondering if Finn targeted Steffy is Finn’s own fault. He waited until the day before the wedding to even mention having been adopted. In fact he was in a rush to marry without having told her. Then immediately after the ceremony in he walks with a psychopath saying guess what this is my birth mother. They know Sheila as using people, her children, as an in to get to whomever is her target. Who among us wouldn’t wonder if it had truly been love and devotion or just a part of Sheila’s plan. Who wouldn’t wonder if he had already known Sheila was his birth mother and that’s why he made that first house call. Maybe I’m just jaded; but my mind would definitely go there.

• creativequeen
              creativequeen commented
              Editing a comment
              nykarenb

It just made me uncomfortable because Finn has been loyal to the Forresters. Thomas and Steffy are both pretty much alive because of Finn. He has never asked for their money, never took advantage of their wealth or fame, to promote himself. The very fact that he did not want a big flashy wedding and was willing to marry on the couch further proves that he didn't need the extravagance and wasn't going to use it here.

I am just saying I wish they had given him the benefit of the doubt before they went to the attack. I can't help but have cringed at that moment and felt bad for Finn.

But Finn, also made awful decisions, including delayed reveals and bringing a random woman to the reception, but again I understand how he was feeling his excitement. I just felt for everybody in the situation, especially, Steffy, Finn and Li. I am trying to be objective, and see everyone's perspectives. I just think the only antagonist here is Sheila.
              Last edited by creativequeen; August 12, 2021, 11:05 PM.
          • Ebisu1
            Board Regular
            • May 2011

Originally posted by creativequeen View Post

The writing was off that way, I agree. Finn did come off insensitive. But so did Ridge and Steffy, at one point, when they accused Finn of targeting Steffy and being part of a con with Sheila. Considering, that Finn has never used Steffy or the Forresters for anything, and in fact, Finn has saved both Thomas and Steffy's lives, and asked nothing in return. It was disappointing seeing them lose faith in Finn this quick after praising him few hours.

But I believe everyone was behaving in emotions running high, so I gave a pass for everybody for what they said, and they made up for it in today's episode.

I don't think Finn is trying to intentionally hurt Steffy. He isn't being malicious or mischievous. Again, this has been his dream since he has been a child, but this woman is also Steffy's worst nightmare. They got to compromise in one way, in my opinion. I am sure Steffy and Finn, will have more conversations and communications on how to deal with Sheila.
            True. I literally winced at the accusations hurled at Finn. I also understand Finn standing beside Sheila in that moment. He was probably afraid of her leaving and going into hiding before he knows how to reach her.

I did want more consideration for his mother Li too. This poor woman is about to really go through something...especially if Jack is the biological father!

I just hope we get a better overall story for Finn and he's not just some dummy who gets run over by Sheila and loses everything.

Comment

• nykarenb
              nykarenb commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, if I were Ridge I would have hit him up with those questions too. Like you said, he instantly forgave Steffy. But he also failed to tell Steffy he was adopted until the day before the wedding and wanted to rush and get married without telling her. At the time of his forgiveness you thought it was about love and devotion. But now that he’s told you one day he’s adopted and doesn’t know his birth mother; then comes marching in with Sheila saying here’s my birth mother the next you just gotta wonder. Was it love and devotion or did he already know Sheila was his birth mother and he worked Steffy from that first house call to give mommy her in? It’s reasonable for a father to want to make sure the man he just gave his daughter to isn’t a minion of mommy’s.
          • Jasamfan
            Board Regular
            • Mar 2005

As someone that was adopted I'm absolutely disgusted. NO way in hell would I disrespect my parents in front of people they don't know, for a "birth mother" that showed up five minutes ago.

Disgusting.

Comment

• Ebisu1
              Board Regular
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Jasamfan View Post
              As someone that was adopted I'm absolutely disgusted. NO way in hell would I disrespect my parents in front of people they don't know, for a "birth mother" that showed up five minutes ago.

Disgusting.
              Exactly!! I knew this would be awful for Li & Jack. Li in particular because clearly Jack has more crap going on behind her back.
              Finn should have had a conversation with them beforehand.

Comment

• Reesiecup
                Senior Board Member
                • Mar 2012

Finn was the only one in that room that I truly felt compassion for. Did anyone give any thought to how he must feel hearing all the horrible assertions against his bio-mom. That is Eric's home. Eric knows how to take control of a situation. He should have stepped up before it got out of control. I'm not suggesting that Finn should not be told about Sheila's past misdeeds but that was not the place nor was it the way to do it.

Above all else, Finn needs support and understanding in the days ahead. I'm afraid Steffy will not be able to provide that. She needs to allow him to make his own decision about Sheila. If she can't live with his decision, so be it.

Comment

• creativequeen
                  Recurring Poster
                  • May 2021

True. I literally winced at the accusations hurled at Finn. I also understand Finn standing beside Sheila in that moment. He was probably afraid of her leaving and going into hiding before he knows how to reach her.

I did want more consideration for his mother Li too. This poor woman is about to really go through something...especially if Jack is the biological father!

I just hope we get a better overall story for Finn and he's not just some dummy who gets run over by Sheila and loses everything.
                  Li is so fantastic, I really felt for her! The actress is giving such a poignant performance!

I agree, I hope they don't dumb down Finn too much, for this story. I hate when they sacrifice characters for plot. It gets frustrating.

I just think there is room for both criticism and sympathy for all these characters, with the exception of Sheila. She is the only villain here.

Comment

• Boldfan4ever
                    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                    • Jan 2018

Exactly!! I knew this would be awful for Li & Jack. Li in particular because clearly Jack has more crap going on behind her back.
                    Finn should have had a conversation with them beforehand.
                    he was like a kid in a candy store

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X