What's it going to take for Thomas to get his son back?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

What's it going to take for Thomas to get his son back?

Please explain to me why Douglas is not living with his dad? Hope should have visitation to him but it's so degusting to constantly here Lope talk about Douglas as they've claimed stake to Thomas son as if he is their property. Thomas is a capable of being a father, he has a job and he has an apartment. I don't get it. He should be tucking in his son every night.
  • thecourt99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2008

It's going to take a storyline in which Thomas wants to petition for full custody of his son. i don't disagree with anything in the OP, but they have to create the story.

Comment

• prim
      prim commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! It is up to Thomas, not Hope
  • Carlys #1 Fan
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2009

Get his son back?! He WANTED and obsessed over Hope being Douglas’s mother. He disappeared several times knowing Hope & Liam provided and safe and stable home for him. He gladly made Hope legally become Douglas’s mother.

Comment

• AustensMom
      AustensMom commented
      Editing a comment
      That doesn't explain why Hope and Liam seem to have full custody of Douglas with Thomas only allowed the odd night here and there. Or why Liam behaves as if he is Douglas's father when he has no legal right to him.

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      Thomas agreed to joint custody because Hope lied about them being a family together. No need to white wash Hope's lies and manipulations and the crazy bias writing.
  • Reason
    Recurring Poster
    • Feb 2012

Douglas seems perfectly happy living with his mom and stepdad/ cousin who loves him. It's a beautiful thing seeing Liam loving him like his own..

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
      Scriptwriter
      • May 2014

When Thomas is ready to have his son full-time, he will make that happen.
      In the meantime, as the old saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
      Douglas is happy, and evidently, Thomas is happy too because he isn't pressing
      a non-issue.

In my opinion, what Thomas should be worried about is that 'man bun'

Comment

• GuidingLite
        GuidingLite commented
        Editing a comment
        Ridge needs to take custody of that man-bun off his son and flush it down the toilet....

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        GuidingLite - Ridge also needs to flush his wife down the toilet.

• Terileeh
        Terileeh commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the man bun. And as long as Douglas is happy and thriving just let him be.
    • Boldfan4ever
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jan 2018

Douglas is happy where he is and has Beth to keep him company, I love Thomas but he is probably better off with Hope

Comment

• savytabby
        Soap Addict
        • May 2014

I agree that this is a non-issue. Thomas himself acknowledged that Lope are good parents, that Liam is a good stepdad to Douglas and a good influence. As someone else said, ‘If it ain’t broke why fix it?’

Comment

• Quintessential
          Quintessential commented
          Editing a comment
          Because Douglas is Thomas's son and he should be living with his father who is more than capable of caring for him.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Beth had a good mother in Steffy and she was happy with her sister Kelly.

• savytabby
          savytabby commented
          Editing a comment
          B-Hold while I agree totally, that’s comparing apples to oranges because in that situation Beth was stolen from Lope and illegally adopted out.

I know people like to think Hope stole Douglas or tricked Thomas, but Thomas was the one who willingly made Hope Douglas’s legal mother with his end goal being that Hope would choose him over Liam.
      • Sweetday
        Contract Poster
        • Feb 2013

If Thomas wanted Douglas full time he could go for it. But he also wants a career… he obviously likes the set up he has or he would speak to Hope about it. He seems to be able to spend as much time with Douglas as he likes. I don’t see a lonely suffering Thomas missing his son.

Comment

• Ebisu1
          Board Regular
          • May 2011

I would hope that Thomas moves out of Vinny's drug den apartment first. That place is gross.
          Why do they act like Thomas is broke?
          Last edited by Ebisu1; August 13, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            I will love to see LOPE move put of the cramp, dark, dank cabin and stop being moochers.
        • 1sbkmcfan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Aug 2006

If Thomas doesn't think he can raise Douglas on his own maybe he should start dating and eventually find someone to love who will love him and his son. Then he will have a step-mother for his son and take him home.

Comment

• KendallSam
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Jun 2007

Thomas isn’t even trying to take his son from
            Hope ?‍♀️

Comment

• Brandy1981
              Executive Poster
              • Apr 2018

Bell is making his dad turn over in his grave. Before Hope came back, Brooke was not this bad and the show was balanced. Tom should have been had his son back. It is this kind of lopsided writing that keeps them left out of Emmy's. The viewers are saying,ENOUGH! Give Tom back his son. This is one of the worst mistakes Bell has made and he needs to correct this asap. That boy belong with his dad. I wish they will resurrect his mom so she can get her son and Tom back as a family. Is this all Lope can do-collect other people kids. or in Tom's case, steal him. This should not have ever happened. I think Tom moved in with his grandpa and so did Ridge. There was no reason whatsoever for Bell to take this farther to this extreme. Then you have deadbeat waffles taking care of someone else child while overlooking, paying child support or spending time with his first born child. Step needs to make him give up his rights because he has to be one of the worst daddys on this show.A deadbeat father who does not give a darn about his own blood is the worst and Bell needs to write a story and explain to the reason waffle deadbeat can't try to be a father to his own child instead of trying to take care of another man's child. Bell is the worst writer I have ever seen. Kelly deserves better than to be looked over by waffles. If he don't want her, then give her up.I agree with the OP. Enough is enough. It looks bad when deadbeats does this.It is disgusting in my opinion.I am just glad I do not have to sit through this mess because I would be loosing my lunch.Give Tom Forrester back his kid and waffleboy give your child you don't want to his mom and new husband.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by KendallSam View Post
              Thomas isn’t even trying to take his son from
              Hope ?‍♀️
              It's like they don't want Thomas to be a factor in his son's life. This story is bad. I want Caroline back.

Comment

• Reason
                Recurring Poster
                • Feb 2012

The only props I will ever give Thomas is that he is now selfless where Douglas is concerned. He is doing what he knows is best for his son. Maybe he wants to get completely healthy before Douglas lives with him. He was emotionally abusive and neglectful (when he disappeared for weeks, twice) to Douglas before.

Comment

• Belindaa
                  Contract Poster
                  • Apr 2010

I think the current arrangement works for everyone. Hope and Liam haven't done anything but foster a good relationship between Thomas and Douglas, and they are still in each other's lives in a big way. Plus Douglas lives on the same property as his grandfather. The benefits are stability for Douglas, and him being part of a real family. When and if Thomas remarries and starts a family, then it will be time to reconsider custody issues. Douglas's wishes should come first.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X