• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Hold
    Day Player
    • Nov 2012

Eric Is Becoming Increasely Unlikeable With His Treatment of Carter

and Quinn. He was never this ugly towards Brooke and Donna who both cheated on him during his marriages with them. But treating Carter the way he is is illegal. And could cause Carter is license to practice law.
  • YDoIStillWatch
    Contract Poster
    • Aug 2012

He wouldn't even look at him today. Even while barking orders at him. Eric is rightfully angry but why interact with Carter if he can't even look at him. Perhaps he should have used someone else for his divorce.

Comment

• Batgary
      Batgary commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he wants Carter for the divorce as a punishment for the affair with Quinn.
  • Tish N
    Recurring Poster
    • Sep 2019

You know I have been watching for a long time. Eric is not a saint. He had an affair with Brooke's mother. He has had plenty of affairs (physical and emotional). He can be extremely cold when he doesn't approve of someone else's actions. His children grew up watching this. He has clay feet just like the other characters. I guess age has its advantages he seems to have forgotten what he has done.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tish N View Post
      You know I have been watching for a long time. Eric is not a saint. He had an affair with Brooke's mother. He has had plenty of affairs (physical and emotional). He can be extremely cold when he doesn't approve of someone else's actions. His children grew up watching this. He has clay feet just like the other characters. I guess age has its advantages he seems to have forgotten what he has done.
      Eric always gets a free pass so now he’s hurting a little. Maybe a little karma . Carter would have resigned then he wouldn’t have to look at him.

Comment

• TooFree4You
        Contract Poster
        • Jan 2019

That’s why he deserves everything he’s getting now.
        I mean honestly if her line is consistently bringing in millions a year she’d be wise to just go solo.

Comment

• PeaceOut
          PeaceOut commented
          Editing a comment
          i hope it still happens.
      • Emerald Greens
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by TooFree4You View Post
        That’s why he deserves everything he’s getting now.
        I mean honestly if her line is consistently bringing in millions a year she’d be wise to just go solo.
        I would love that as well. Maybe it will yet .

Comment

• B&B blonde
          Contract Poster
          • Jan 2010

I dont Blame Eric. Carter his friend, banged his wife. Most men wouldnt even want the guy around.

Comment

• B&B blonde
            B&B blonde commented
            Editing a comment
            I wont blame Eric for trying to be a decent man to Carter . HE most likely thinks that evil Quinn somehow manipulated Carter. I dont think that but Eric may. Quinn took vows with her husband she broke most of those vows. I wont fault Eric for the things Quinn has done. Quinn made her choice so thats on her same for Carter. Carter isnt mentally challenged and could quit anytime he wants. so I wont feel sorry for him on that front. he's lucky that he still is employed at FC after his betrayal of his boss and friend.
            as to Brooke guess you didnt hear her say UNTIL steffy returns she thought it would be fun for her and Ridge to be co Ceos together. Sure it may turn out that Brooke wants it to be permanent. but until then I wont go bashing her for things she hasnt done.

• nfox
            nfox commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn’t Eric sleep with Lauren. Stephanie’s friend? I can’t remember. He slept with his don’s former fiancé, Brooke. He dated his son ex-wife Darla. He had the entire Logan clan except for Katie.

• viennagirl
            viennagirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Eric had sex with Stephanie's friend Lauren (although at that time Stephanie already had thrown Lauren out of her guest house and had her banned from FC because Lauren had admitted that she had fallen for Eric and had only taken a backstep to give Stephanie another chance for a reunion with Eric. Still Stephanie felt betrayed by her friend stating she had feelings for Eric too.)
            Eric already had proposed to Stephanie and had rejected Lauren and told her he wants Stephanie and would be marrying Stephanie, when he then came back and comforted a crying Lauren and then ended up in bed with her (and Lauren had filmed that).

When Stephanie at her wedding found a picture of Eric in bed with Lauren, Stephanie called off the wedding.
            Stephanie wasn't able to fire Eric. Brooke at that time was CEO of FC.
            Lauren worked for Sally, I think. (no chance to fire her either).

We had Stephanie forgiving Eric, just for Stephanie to call off the (next) wedding again.
            ________

Eric never dated Darla, or did I miss something?

Eric has dated Taylor (after the first TRIDGE marriage), had dated her again decades later.
            He has dated Brooke while he still had been married to Stephanie (after Brooke had been engaged to his son Ridge).

No Darla, no Caroline (not the aunt, not the niece).
        • joncharmed93
          Contract Poster
          • Apr 2012

Quinn should leave and restart Quinn Artisan Jewelers. Maybe Quinn could hire someone who knows Fashion and turn it into Quinn Artisan Fashion or Quinn Artisan Inc.

You'd have Quinn as the CEO, Carter as the COO. Maybe some of Erica talents rubbed off on Quinn and she starts designing her own line. First order of business would be to file an injunction against FC for the use of her designs while she was brainstorming new ideas.

Could be a lot to work with there.

Comment

• ekek
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Mar 2004

Every time Eric gets on his high horse he loses more of my respect. And yes, he has different rules for Brooke and it makes him look the fool.

Comment

• PeaceOut
              Contract Poster
              • Dec 2011

FC would have lost millions if he keeps listening to Brooke and her bully behavior HFTF also made the company lose money, yet now we hear today that Quinn's line is a FC money maker? I liked that Carter tried to help Quinn, but i still prefer her packing her company away from them anyway. That will show them!

Comment

• Tish N
                Recurring Poster
                • Sep 2019

I like the idea of a new company with Quinn and Carter. They heat up the screen. Maybe Ivy could come back to FC and the competition could be between her and her mentor.

Comment

• karot
                  Day Player
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by B-Hold View Post
                  and Quinn. He was never this ugly towards Brooke and Donna who both cheated on him during his marriages with them. But treating Carter the way he is is illegal. And could cause Carter is license to practice law.
                  I dont think Carter would be the one in trouble. You're right that what Eric is doing is illegal. An employer could never get away with trying to make an employee's job contingent on who he has sex with. Period!

Comment

• B-Hold
                    B-Hold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you karot! ?

• viennagirl
                    viennagirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @karot
                    No, I don't think that there is a law that would punish cheaters.
                    I just have not been aware that the CA law would protect cheaters and liars and their love life and put their interest before that of the company, the owners of a private company, the bosses.

As you said, I would think a boss/ major shareholder has the right to fire something who has lied to him and who then keeps lying to him after he had been warned, the trust being gone.

If CA really favors the one who had an affair with his boss and then keeps lying to the bosses (who even have to go looking for the employed one and when he is ready to go to work),
                    then it is a great state for employed people, but a horrific state for employers/company owners.
                    ____

I wished we would kinda get such a scene to let us international viewer see how it works in CA:

Judge: "Mr. Forrester. Your employe has the right to lie to you and to have sex with the woman you divorce whenever he wants during his work hours.
                    You should have fired him for his past affair with your wife, but if you believe he has stopped that affair and you keep him your company, his love life comes first.

He is allowed to lie to you about it again and to have sex with the opposite party while handling your divorce. If you have given him a second chance, why shouldn't he be allowed to continue to lie to you and everyone in the company?
                    That is CA. "

• karot
                    karot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL! I doubt that many real life labor issues are centered on love lives and adultery, but yes, CA, and other states I'm sure, are heavily weighted to come down on the side of the employee.
                • viennagirl
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by karot View Post

I dont think Carter would be the one in trouble. You're right that what Eric is doing is illegal. An employer could never get away with trying to make an employee's job contingent on who he has sex with. Period!
                  Then you have to tell that to the American Bar Association, who expect from a lawyer that a lawyer has to be loyal and has to have his client's interest as his main focus.

By their rules a lawyer needs to inform his client if there might be a conflict of interest and getting his client's written consent that the client has been warned and is aware of the lawyers conflict of interest.

Loyalty and independent judgment are essential elements in the lawyer's relationship to a client. Concurrent conflicts of interest can arise from the lawyer's responsibilities to another client, a former client or a third person or from the lawyer's own interests.

I doubt that their rules can be so easily changed that a lawyers personal love life is more important than their client's and that it is acceptable for a lawyer to lie to his client, while the lawyer continues to boink the opposite party (the one opposing his client).

Comment

• B-Hold
                    B-Hold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    viennagirl Carter disclosued to Eric the conflict f interest when he apologized. Eric is the one doing illegal stuff by making Carter act as a personal attorney as condition of employment. That's how it's written.

• viennagirl
                    viennagirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @B-Hold
                    Carter and Quinn told everyone that their affair is OVER.
                    Carter never refused and told Eric "No, I can't do that because I still are interested in Quinn, if you are divorcing her I might start our affair again".

Eric and Ridge recently didn't suspect Carter to have been with Quinn, because both, Carter and Quinn, have told several characters that the affair had ended before the vow renewal ceremony.
                    _______

Carter has said on screen that he can't start it again with Quinn or it would be a conflict of interest as he already agreed to handle Eric's divorce - and Carter still kissed Quinn again, still had sex with Quinn again.

Carter: Uh-hmm. I can’t have anything to do with you, if I wanna be with him and the Forresters.
                    Quinn: That’s… totally understandable.
                    Carter: Uh-hmm. I am representing him in his divorce from you with, uh– it’s a major conflict of interest.
                    Quinn: [ Sighs ] Yes. It would be… if this would going to continue. But it’s not. But–
                    Carter: Uh-hmm.
                    (July 19, 2021)

• B-Hold
                    B-Hold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    viennagirl. None of that changes that Eric knew Carter had a conflict of interest. The agrument was as posted Carter needed to tell Eric which he did. IMO case closed. Eric knew and still ordered Carter to handle his divorce and condition of employment.
                    Last edited by B-Hold; July 24, 2021, 11:19 AM.
                • SharikaC
                  Day Player
                  • Oct 2015

Brooke must have something on Eric that's so embarrassing, that he doesn't want it to get out. Why else is he constantly kissing her ass? Why does she get instant forgiveness? Can't be just because they share children. Yet Quinn, who did way less to Eric than Brooke is being treated like she kicked his puppy.

I get that Eric is upset. He's angry. His feelings are hurt. His ego is bruised. He's entitled to feel the way he feels. But he's taking it to the workplace. Not the place to be airing grievances. He should have either fired Carter or let him resigned when he offered to. His behavior is just passive aggressive and abusive. I hope Carter doesn't put up with that behavior for long. He's not going to get a moments peace, if he stays at FC. I'm sure the hypocrites will be constantly in his face about Quinn. Eric needs to look in the mirror and see the reason why Quinn got her needs met by tall, dark and sexy. She owned her part in the dissolution of their marriage. Eric needs to own his part too. Far as I'm concerned, this is karma for all the years he cheated on Stephanie. Doesn't feel good, does it old man? Karma is a bitch Eric.

Comment

• tosh
                    Contract Poster
                    • Jul 2009

Carter need to man up ,say Eric i quit. I want Quinn in my life ain't no one is going to stop that.

Comment

• B-Hold
                      B-Hold commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Carter DID man up. He apologized and tried to resign. Carter and Quinn, especially Quinn have decided not to be together. Eric is the petulant mean man- child

• B&B blonde
                      B&B blonde commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. no one is forcing him to stay at FC and if he really wants Quinn then he should man up and stop with all the sneaking around and lying to his boss and friend.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X