Possible role changes in Quinn and Brooke coming?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedheadTeacher
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

Possible role changes in Quinn and Brooke coming?

I found the contrast in the scenes presented today to be quite interesting. We have Quinn showing a refreshingly new side to her character today reflecting personal growth. She genuinely seemed to be relieved from the burden of trying to live up to the image of "Mrs. Eric Forrester" and the baggage that has been attached to the title from the day that she married Eric, and she herself to be almost surprised by that. She also made it clear to Carter that, while she very much appreciated their relationship, she didn't want to be the cause for putting him in jeopardy personally or professionally. She was clearly ready to walk out of his door and let him go with no strings attached.

Then we have Brooke, scheduling a photo shoot to go with a mysterious article which she, supposedly, wants to use to surprise Ridge with some indication that it will make him happy, and the surprise is that she's promoting herself to a position at Forrester equal to his own and removing his daughter. Does she really think that he's going to embrace the idea? Is the article already being broadcast? She is almost past her passionate persecution of Thomas, taking nearly a year longer than Hope did to grant him a semblance of pardon, and now she appears to be attacking Steffy. Has she forgotten that it was her constant harangue against Thomas that caused the split in her marriage and not Quinn "targeting her marriage"? Does she recall that when Ridge was deciding between giving additional funding to the Intimates line or HFTF and she believed that she could convince Ridge to choose Hope, he supported Steffy? Does she believe that Steffy will just step back and hand over the position that she had fought so hard to get?

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I found the scenes today to be quite polar. We have Quinn accepting her fate, embracing it even, and willing to put Carter's best interest before her own. Then we have Brooke scheming to take something important away from Ridge's daughter. Does she expect Eric to support her because of the whole Quarter reveal? Does she think she can manipulate Ridge? Are Brooke and Quinn flipping roles moving forward?
  • B-Hold
    Day Player
    • Nov 2012

I'm thinking (if Bell was creative) that Steffy fights Brooke she goes to Quinn to get her to fight Eric for half his shares a la Donna. That gives Steffy, Thomas and Quinn the majority of the shares. Quinn gets her job back. Thomas gets his own line. Carter keeps his job and keeps seeing Quinn. Steffy keeps being Co CEO. Brooke gets booted from FC as Steffy has long wanted and Quinn wants. On any other soap like GH the is how it will play out.

Comment

• Bill824
      Bill824 commented
      Editing a comment
      Completely agree.

• Mariko
      Mariko commented
      Editing a comment
      But, this is B&B, which has writing worse than DAYS. So sadly, we'll NEVER be that lucky.
  • PeaceOut
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2011

Brooke has always been manipulative though. Today was just another prime example. It's just that she has gotten more greedy/selfish over the years.
    Quinn is the polar opposite indeed. I really don't expect Ridge to stand up to Brooke. He never really does.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
      RedheadTeacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Unlike RM, TK's Ridge has been shown to take his kids' side over Brooke's. I've always been irritated that Steffy hasn't told Ridge the nasty things that Brooke has said to her over the years because Ridge has a great relationship with her.

Given how Ridge was willing to support Thomas to the point of Brooke taking off her wedding ring, and he didn't cave to her, I am hopeful that he will continue to do so, especially after his latest reaction when Brooke was still making snide comments about Thomas, even after he "saved" Liam from prison.
  • JTDMom
    Board Regular
    • May 2012

I thought the very same thing OP! It was a juxtaposition for sure. Brooke is never lacking in utter nerve, is she?

Comment

• mdniteowl
      Lurking in the Shadows
      • May 2010

Yeah!!!Ridge is a real wuss when it comes to his Logan.He even goes against his own children time and time again.I can't even watch it anymore.I just get on here to catch up.

Comment

• SweetJade
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2009

I truly hope Ridge does stand up for Steffy and what is right, I'm hoping this is the end of Bridge. There's a reason Brooke & Katie had their little sisterly lovefest. It's time for Brooke to ride the Stallion,

Comment

• mdniteowl
          Lurking in the Shadows
          • May 2010

Ridge will not stand up for his kids against the monster Brooke.She took what little manhood he and left and ripped them off.

Comment

• Moon Quarters
            Recurring Poster
            • Nov 2010

Why does Brooke want Steffy's job?

Comment

• Terileeh
              Senior Board Member
              • May 2014

Steffy owns more shares in FC than Ridge. He can't make unlilaterial decisions without her consent. Brooke's sexy whispering talk to Ridge won't change that. Brooke is a witch, always been a witch and will always be a witch. And that's witch with a B.

Comment

• Appaloosagrl
                Appaloosagrl commented
                Editing a comment
                True, Ridge has 20% of Forrester stock vs. Steffy's 37.5% -- BUT Eric also has 37.5%. And you just know that Brooke and her mini-me "Sexpot wanna-be" Donna who's gearing up to go after "Honey Bear" AGAIN -- will be targeting Eric, to get the old fool to throw his shares/vote for Brooke as Co-CEO....all in the interest of helping "new Mom" Steffy better care for her newborn...
            • Emerald Greens
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2006

Nothing interesting about Brooke not in years . How is she supposed to be a matriarch this way? Not that I would buy it for a second. Still acting like the opportunist of thirty years ago at least then it made some sense.

Ridge under TK has been a better father but at the same time he seems pretty whipped lately. It just seems like a dead end to be with Brooke. It does make me wonder with TK taking time off what they do with Ridge after this.

Comment

• JTDMom
                JTDMom commented
                Editing a comment
                I am wondering about the same thing!

• Emerald Greens
                Emerald Greens commented
                Editing a comment
                The writing favors Brooke but it does her no favors it doesn’t make her interesting. At this point the writers usually do something different with a long time character like Brooke. Viki and Dorian on One Life to Live, Lucinda on As The World Turns , Even Erica on All My Children got more interesting as time went on changed directions, found new love interest or focused their attention in another direction
                Ridge should be more than an appendage to Brooke . My he should lose his memory and fall in love with someone else and not like how Brooke acts , be able to see through her.
            • Emerald Greens
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2006

As for Quinn it seems she’s over trying to prove herself Brooke never stops even when she gets what she wants she’s still grasping.

Comment

• FaithWorks
                Board Regular
                • Jun 2018

Quinn pulled the same nice me job over on Eric about not wanting to cause trouble with his family and gas proceeded to cause trouble in his family!?
                As far as Brooke goes - when was the last time Steffy actually did her job? Neither Hope nor Steffy should be head of anything.

Comment

• RedheadTeacher
                  RedheadTeacher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was more like Eric's family - specifically Brooke - brought trouble into Quinn's home.

Steffy has done as much work as any other character employed by Forrester. Hope has done nothing since Liam was arrested. Thomas and Zende haven't been shown designing in a couple of months. Fashion has taken a back seat to personal issues.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X