• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laura23
    Contract Poster
    • Feb 2013

ADVISORY: Use of nicknames

Just a reminder that using the actual names of characters is required on this forum. Please refrain from baity names such as *Lame,* Dope,* Stuffy etc which do little to advance discussion. The only exception is couple names such as Sinn & Lope.
    Laura23, Moderator of SOC Forums, Board questions? please Email me!
  • fracabell
    Executive Poster
    • Mar 2009

I wonder if the name Leffy is allowed, cause i feel people do that to degrade the couple. the name was always Steam but I see it referred to as Leffy when people dont like Steam. I dont like Lope so I have been referring to them as Hiam cause I still see Leffy here.

Comment

• Lady Killer
      Lady Killer commented
      Editing a comment
      Leffy is just as acceptable as Steam. Not everyone uses the same ship name.
  • viennagirl
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Aug 2011

I am curious, if after 10 years everyone now has to switch from using "Leffy" to using "Steam",
    will that new rule also affect the scoop archives too and you will change the old scoop, or does that just affect the fans?

Your adjective will differ depending whether you're Team Leffy or Team Lope. But one thing's certain -- The Kiddie Patrol is still on 24/7! Is the so-called younger set what B&B needs in order to stay on the air, or will they alienate older viewers? It's time to play 'Justify the Juniors' with Mike in this week's Two Scoops column.

Feb,13, 2012:
    "Your adjective will differ depending whether you're Team Leffy or Team Lope. But one thing's certain -- The Kiddie Patrol is still on 24/7!"

Comment

• Laura23
      Contract Poster
      • Feb 2013

Lefty is acceptable as it’s a mesh of the two names. I recently deleted *Lopeless* as this is clearly baiting and not a mesh of the characters names.
      Laura23, Moderator of SOC Forums, Board questions? please Email me!

Comment

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like Leffy is baiting,. but i guess it is not. I will continue calling Liam and Hope Hiam, as i suspect the 2 names are give to the 2 couples for the same reasons.
    • kyzer sosay
      Contract Poster
      • Nov 2008

JMO, but mesh names seem
      rather juvenile.

Plus, posters are allowed to
      use these run on names,
      but not speculate on potential
      hookups?

Is hope all moderators are
      using the same policies.

Comment

• Moore ideas
        Moore ideas commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure what the connection between the use of appropriate squish names and speculating about potential hookups is. Squish names can't be names that are derogatory and created for baiting purposes. Speculating on potential hookups is acceptable if it's not spoiler information in a non-spoiler topic, and if it's on topic. If it's a random post in a discussion about something else entirely, it would be considered OT.

Yes, all moderators abide by the same policies, based on the site's guidelines. Context matters, though, and each moderating decision is made according the what the topic of conversation is, etc. If your post or topic is removed, then you need to contact a moderator through direct email to find out why.
    • kyzer sosay
      Contract Poster
      • Nov 2008

Moore ideas

I brought this up because both
      individual posts and topics
      regarding potential partners for
      Sally Spectra were deleted.

Yet the mashed names for Sally
      and her potential hookups were
      allowed by other moderators.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

• Moore ideas
        Moore ideas commented
        Editing a comment
        There are numerous reasons why topics and posts are deleted, but we cannot discuss specifics here, if/when it might involve rule violations other posters made. Please contact any moderator privately, through email, to let us know which specific discussions you're referencing. Space on the forums is not reserved for answering questions about specific removals or edits; it's all we'd be talking about here. All moderators have hyperlinks to their emails, at the bottom of every post (not comment), in "email me".
    • joncharmed93
      Contract Poster
      • Apr 2012

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this point as well, but I've noticed a lot of actor bashing in the past week. I can understand people not liking certain characters or storylines, but it's completely unfair to bash the actors and treat them as if they aren't real people working real 9-5 jobs. Maybe another advisory about this could go out, because it's really sad to see how happy the actors are in interviews and stuff and see fans just ripping on them for no good reason.

Comment

• Moore ideas
        Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
        • Jul 2005

Making negative remarks about the actors is not permitted on this site. The guidelines state:

Any personal attacks or mean-spirited remarks about the performers are not permitted. If someone were to post something nasty or otherwise not nice about your personal appearance, abilities or other remark about what makes you unique, it would probably hurt you very much. Therefore, we ask that you do not talk about the performers in this way. Soap actors and actresses do read these boards and we would not want them to be upset by something written about them. You can, however, grumble about a character. Keep in mind it's the character that might be sleeping around on his/her spouse -- not the performer!

Posters who continue to disregard this policy, or who continue to ignore any of SOC's other clear and simple guidelines, should expect to have a ban imposed on their account.
        Moore ideas
        SOC Moderator
        Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
        "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X