Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Question Related To A Spoiler For Friday, 8/14

Source of Spoiler: Highlight Hollywood

"While recounting the story of Ridge in Vegas to Donna, Brooke concedes defeat to Donna."

Brooke is giving up without a fight. That's how this story will move forward, thereby letting Ridge take the fall for the destruction of the
    Bridge marriage (again) with Brooke not accepting any responsibility once again. Quinn & Shauna will be left holding the bag.

What do you think will happen with Shridge's marriage going forward?

Bridge conceding doesn't place the blame on Ridge for me, and I am usually quick to blame Ridge. Shauna and Quinn are to blame. All of those things happened, yet they worked it out and Ridge was going to move back into his home with Brooke.

Shauna's own flashbacks show that he was too drunk and didn't want to be married. Her flashbacks also show that the officiant would have stopped had it not been for Shauna pushing it.

Now...Ridge can annul or divorce Shauna. It's his choice NOW, but he's not the one to initially blame. Now though? It's on him because he has the power to end it.

Comment

I think Brooke has fought very hard for the marriage, but if Ridge wants to give it a shot with Shauna, there's not a lot she can do about it. Maybe Brooke is just burnt out. She did take responsibility for her part in the problems-- she owned to her behavior with Bill, and she said she wanted to put her problems with Thomas in the past. But Ridge decided to honor his wedding to Shauna after all was said and done. I don't see Ridge as having to take any fall because of Brooke, either. He's made a choice. If his marriage to Shauna doesn't work, that's on them.

I expect the future to hold much worry and bother for Shauna to keep her actions in Vegas from reaching Ridge. I expect there will be tensions at FC between Ridge and Brooke, and Shauna and Brooke, too. I think Shauna might get Flo a job at FC, which will cause tensions with Hope. Eventually, Ridge will find out about what Shauna and Quinn cooked up. The question is what will he do about it? By then he might love Shauna enough to forgive her. Who knows?

Comment

IMO, the Shridge "marriage" will not last. Quinn and Shauna's collusion will be discovered and Brooke and Ridge will re-unite for the 1000th time. It is not what I want to happen, but if Bell is still head writer, he will run true to form. Throw away a chance for a fresh storyline for one where one of the Logan princesses wins again. Too bad.

Comment

Quinn and Shauna will get outed by probably Donna and Eric doing some sleuth work. That will leave Quinn in the dust and Donna ready with some honey for her bear.

Comment

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            Dona has have two brain cells to rub together - she can't even transfer a phone call and didn't understand what Pam meant that Brooke was "too long in the tooth". Donna said there was nothing wrong with Brooke's teeth.

Shauna told Ridge he filed his divorce papers "that day" ..or afternoon.. forget exact word. I though she meant the day he was in LV.
          I also saw comments about he text Carter to do it. ??
          I'm confused as to when he was supposed to have filed them.
          @lovelyrita help me out? 😣

I just don't see how a divorce becomes final and nobody knows about it.. or how you get married the same day/night you file divorce papers from a different state.

As for Brooke conceding defeat, that's on her. She buys Shauna's story and doesn't believe Ridge. They don't trust each other.. both with good reason.

Shridge's marriage isn't going anywhere. It doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Belindaa View Post
            I think Brooke has fought very hard for the marriage, but if Ridge wants to give it a shot with Shauna, there's not a lot she can do about it. Maybe Brooke is just burnt out. She did take responsibility for her part in the problems-- she owned to her behavior with Bill, and she said she wanted to put her problems with Thomas in the past. But Ridge decided to honor his wedding to Shauna after all was said and done. I don't see Ridge as having to take any fall because of Brooke, either. He's made a choice. If his marriage to Shauna doesn't work, that's on them.

I expect the future to hold much worry and bother for Shauna to keep her actions in Vegas from reaching Ridge. I expect there will be tensions at FC between Ridge and Brooke, and Shauna and Brooke, too. I think Shauna might get Flo a job at FC, which will cause tensions with Hope. Eventually, Ridge will find out about what Shauna and Quinn cooked up. The question is what will he do about it? By then he might love Shauna enough to forgive her. Who knows?
            I agree with everything except Brooke taking ANY responsibility for Bill. How did she do that exactly??

Brooke. Got. CAUGHT. On a video for everyone to see. What else could she do? The evidence was there.

She apologized and cried like she always does when she gets caught. And it works, disgustingly. Almost everyone, including Katie (the victim) is already blaming it all on Quinn for outing Brooke.

Brooke NEVER takes responsibility because she doesn't have to. She is always somehow the victim.

But I do agree on the rest! I'm still not getting why Ridge would even want to "honor" the commitment, considering his reaction to all this. Unless Carter makes a case for her getting a hefty settlement in a divorce lol.

But grounds for annulment are easily there. Odd.

I guess we shall see!

Comment

• Xyla
              Xyla commented
              Editing a comment
              That's why I loved the old episode they showed with Stephanie letting Brooke know she was not going to get to play the victim when she was the one who got pregnant by her son-in-law. And the one where Bridget let her have it for doing just that. No one ever calls Brooke out and gets to be in the right for doing so anymore, and it makes the character incredibly difficult to tolerate, much less like, particularly when other characters do end up paying when they screw up and having multiple other scenes where other characters rake them over the coals for their bad behavior.

• Sopranojenn
              Sopranojenn commented
              Editing a comment
              Xyla Same here!! Those are by far two of my favorite episodes! The acting by KKL, SF and JF was absolutely stellar in those scenes. So was the writing.

But yes, now Brooke has total free reign. I even forgot about Sally! Who most DEFINITELY paid for her sins just a few shows ago. With scenes and scenes of characters trashing her and basically being totally shunned and run out of town!

Brooke trashes Taylor, Shauna, Quinn and Steffy all over town. Yet somehow they are all expected to owe Brooke LOYALTY and if they trash her in any way, they are crazy or evil. Eric expects Quinn to treat Brooke as "family"... but not the other way around.

Why??? Not one of them owe Brooke anything.
              Last edited by Sopranojenn; August 13, 2020, 03:28 PM.

• SoapFan45
              SoapFan45 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ridge still never found out about the TWO times Brooke nit only met with Bill, but kissed him, during the whole Katie, Thorne custody mess.
              This is Brookes MO. She gets caught, cries, apologies and all should be forgiven.
              I hate the way Quinn and Shauna playedo Ridge, but I'm happy he's away from Brooke.

Originally posted by Jadey View Post
            Shauna told Ridge he filed his divorce papers "that day" ..or afternoon.. forget exact word. I though she meant the day he was in LV.
            I also saw comments about he text Carter to do it. ??
            I'm confused as to when he was supposed to have filed them.
            @lovelyrita help me out? 😣

I just don't see how a divorce becomes final and nobody knows about it.. or how you get married the same day/night you file divorce papers from a different state.

As for Brooke conceding defeat, that's on her. She buys Shauna's story and doesn't believe Ridge. They don't trust each other.. both with good reason.

Shridge's marriage isn't going anywhere. It doesn't exist.
            Hey Jadey! Yesterday and today, Quinn said Shauna only followed Q's directions, to take Ridge's phone and text Carter in CA.
            Today, Shauna explained she and Ridge had a few cocktails, then Ridge was showering. Ridge told Shauna he was done with Brooke.
            Quinn told Shauna to get Ridge's phone, then Q. comes up with the idea to look up Carter in Ridge's phone and text him to file the divorce
            papers. So Shauna texted to Carter in bold print "FILE THE DIVORCE PAPERS."

This happened the first night. They then went off to the chapel.

Comment

Brooke “sensed” that Thomas was a lying schemer when everyone else got fooled. So I’m disappointed she would not have immediately “sensed” that Ridge was set up by Shauna. Poor writing in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetday View Post
                Brooke “sensed” that Thomas was a lying schemer when everyone else got fooled. So I’m disappointed she would not have immediately “sensed” that Ridge was set up by Shauna. Poor writing in my humble opinion.
                IMO Brooke didn't sense anything. She HATED both Steffy and Thomas the last several years.

Her precious Hope belonged with Liam. Period. If Thomas had not gone psycho and had the best intentions and they truly tried to make a Thope love story, I am sure Brooke would still have objected. Hope had to beat Steffy. That's it.

She expects Ridge to treat Hope like a daughter but she treats Steffy as an enemy and a RIVAL.

Brooke even said "Thomas has been trying to DESTROY ME for 30 years!!" If that doesn't absolutely prove her hate of Tridge's children, nothing will.

Really? One to three year old Thomas was "plotting" against you, Brooke? Thank goodness you survived that horrible VICIOUS attack by Thomas as a toddler!!!

Maybe she should have pushed him over a cliff before perfect Hope was even born.
                Last edited by Sopranojenn; August 13, 2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I think Bill will be the one that finds out about what Shauna and Quinn did. He will make both of there lives a living hell. Especially since Katie won’t get back with him( not that I blame her). But looking forward to Quinn’s world coming smashing down. Everyone talks about Brooke not paying for anything. But I’m trying to see when Quinn paid for any of her sins.

Comment

• B-Hold
                  B-Hold commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well if Bill "loves" Brooke as it's claimed, he would be thankful for KQuinn and Shauna and get back with Brooke since Katie does not want him. (DD stated in a recent interview that Bill wants his family back. That Bil pretty much iisn't really in love with Katie. IMO I think we've seen that on screeen recently)

Originally posted by lovely rita View Post
                Source of Spoiler: Highlight Hollywood

"While recounting the story of Ridge in Vegas to Donna, Brooke concedes defeat to Donna."

Brooke is giving up without a fight. That's how this story will move forward, thereby letting Ridge take the fall for the destruction of the
                Bridge marriage (again) with Brooke not accepting any responsibility once again. Quinn & Shauna will be left holding the bag.

What do you think will happen with Shridge's marriage going forward?
                Based on what was written before the shut down - Ridge was totally into Shauna. Ridge went to Vegas looking for Shauna because he was done with Brooke. As Ridge should be. Based on TK's interview where he discusses Shauna being a breathe of fresh air and Brooke offering nothing but sex (as we just saw), he shoudl be happy with Shauna as he waits out his divorce

BTW - I am DONE with Brooke never being at fault even though she is write as being at fault. Brooke destroyed her marriage time ad time and times again to Ridge. Not Quinn for outing her for kissing Bill. Why was there a "re-uinion" party in the first place? Becasue of Brooke ending her marriage months before.

Comment

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
                  Bridge conceding doesn't place the blame on Ridge for me, and I am usually quick to blame Ridge. Shauna and Quinn are to blame. All of those things happened, yet they worked it out and Ridge was going to move back into his home with Brooke.

Shauna's own flashbacks show that he was too drunk and didn't want to be married. Her flashbacks also show that the officiant would have stopped had it not been for Shauna pushing it.

Now...Ridge can annul or divorce Shauna. It's his choice NOW, but he's not the one to initially blame. Now though? It's on him because he has the power to end it.
                  Originally posted by Belindaa View Post

I agree with you both. I am just going to kick back and wait for the fallout.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X