This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Already Being Portrayed As The Bigger Person With Zoe

Zoe apologizes and is remorseful. Hope tells her she may never forgive her for everything that was done, but they should move forward

and work together. Forget the past.

Bigger person? Hope will never be anything but small and self pitying to me.

Comment

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. Afterall she didn't hire Zoe back. It was Steffy. And Hope knows Zoe is suppsoe to be working on Steffy's line. She is forgiving Zoe becasue she busted up Zoe's wedding to Thomas and then steals Zoe away from Steffy's line.

• lilyboom
      lilyboom commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely agree! The only way I see her as a "bigger person" is that I have never seen a bigger self-pitying, self-righteous, self-centered woman.!

• Carerra
      Carerra commented
      Editing a comment
      So true. This show is just plain bad and pathetic at The moment.

Hope always takes the high road, unless it is with Steffy, or Thomas, or . . . .

Comment

Hope will never be the bigger person, unless she has self serving motivation.

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi GabbyMo! Agree!

I was really confused by the Hope/Zoe scenes. First, how was what Zoe was modeling more indicative of an inclusivity theme than anything else that's ever been in her line? And where did the line come from anyway? Are those Thomas' old designs? The only designer left on staff is Ridge, and he's been doing couture, and I can't see them bringing Eric out from retirement to do HFTF. Incidentally, I missed the very first part of the show, so it's possible I just didn't hear their explanation of where the designs came from, but I still don't see why what Zoe was modeling was particularly inclusive.

Also, if they want to increase the inclusivity of the cast itself, maybe having Zoe and possibly Zende as well all tied up with Hope's line and working for her and her message of "inclusivity" isn't really the best way to go about that. Why couldn't they simply hire a promising new African-American or Latina designer to start his/her own youth line because Hope wants some time off to be "Mommy Hope"? Or actually have a gay designer, which I realize would hardly be new in the world of fashion but would be new for BB. I just kind of cringed listening to Zoe apologizing to Hope and telling her how important her ideas are to Zoe's generation because it felt, well, like a very dated attitude. For one thing, Hope (the character, I mean, not the actress) should be around twenty-eight if you go by when her high school graduation party was. Maybe it's time for her to give up on being the "youth line" representative. And for another, maybe Zoe should be looking to be someone who can show young women of color that they can overcome bad mistakes and still succeed as opposed to being in awe of Hope. Honestly, I think when they did the American Freedom line and included trans models as well as models of color, they made a bigger statement about inclusivity than whatever it is Hope's attempting to do. They also didn't have to congratulate or pat anyone on the back for being so good as to think about inclusivity. They just decided they should value it as a company and went after it--even if they had to cancel HFTF to do it.

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        "I was really confused by the Hope/Zoe scenes. First, how was what Zoe was modeling more indicative of an inclusivity theme than anything else that's ever been in her line? "

Agree! I know we aren't suppsoe to say anything negative about the writing, but really the dialogue made no sense. Guess Hope decided to jump on the "Black Lives Matter" issue for clout.

• Xyla
        Xyla commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking that if they wanted to tout some item of clothing as "inclusive," maybe there could be a t-shirt or some kind of accessory (but no more scarves, please) that had a saying or design on it that spoke to inclusivity/justice and the profits from which could be donated to an appropriate cause (or causes). But the outfit Zoe was wearing didn't seem to have any particular connection to being more or less inclusive than anything else we've seen in a HFTF line before. And geez, it's not like FC itself, or HFTF in particular, hasn't used African-American models before, so that can't be it.

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        Xyla - No one has ever excused Hope of being a deep thinker. Remember her "Scarves For the Homeless" program. lol

I loved the Hope/Zoe scenes. I am a fan of both of these actresses/characters. This is what the show needs more of.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
        ILoveBizzie commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I loved Hope’s hair with the dark roots! Zoe’s too. I wish mine looked that good when the roots come in lol.

• Sopranojenn
        Sopranojenn commented
        Editing a comment
        taramartin and @ILoveBizzie

I don't honestly like either character but YES, did they sure look amazing today!!

Hope looks beautiful with the darker hair. I wonder if they are at least partially doing their own hair and makeup these days.

I know I read that the light blonde coloring was starting to damage AN's hair so I am guessing the darker was some of her natural hair?

Either way, they both looked great today.

• ILoveBizzie
        ILoveBizzie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sopranojenn Yes the dark is AN’s natural color. I imagine she hasn’t had the roots done because of salons being closed/restrictions.

I did a box dye on mine, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be! I plan to do it again...it beats sitting in a salon for hours lol.

Zoe is probably the only one out of that bunch of immoral secret keepers who had a good reason to keep quiet.
      Though her getting forgiveness so soon and two men fighting for her is silly but I can roll with that.

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree. Although Zoe shoudln't have kept quiet since she worked for Steffy. She did have a good reason - to prevent her father from being killed.

Can't stand hope, but it's the first time I've actually seen her be nice and decent to someone without expecting something in return.

Comment

I thought the scene was weird unnecessary filler. So was Eric and Donna. Neither scene advanced any story. What a waste of precious time.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          And they've been doing a lot of those unnecessary filler scenes lately. Everything with Brooke/Donna has been filler. And they spent way too many scenes having the "Sally was never ill!" plot line rehashed. The Flatt love scenes were basically just filler as well. It's like about 1/3 of each show moves a plot line forward and the other 2/3 just take up time. In the case of Wednesday's episode, the one-third that moved forward was Ridge telling Brooke he and Shauna were married in Vegas. Everything else was just people chatting about not much of anything or about things the audience already knows.

• uknowmynameisdm
          uknowmynameisdm commented
          Editing a comment
          Xyla

I 100% agree with what you said. That is B&B biggest flaw---they don't seem to be able to write, A, B, and C stories. Out all the four remaining soaps, B&B is the only one who has never been able to consistently write multiple different stories in one show. The fact that this is 20 minute show is no excuse. There should be an A story, and the B story/scenes, should not be people talking about the A story unless it is advancing the plot. The B story, should be a set of different characters with their own separate stories and advance plot.

I also think the Zoe/Hope scenes, were to set up for the upcoming triangle between Carter/Zoe/Zende--because Brad did say something about business stories coming back with the Zoe character, Zender is a designer/photographer, so I'm assuming the business story is about the expired IMO, HFTF.

I'd take Hope and Zoe over the felon and her amazingness oozing off the couch she can't seem to get off.

AN looked pretty today. I don't like Zoe and will never but I like the scene between them. It was nice of hope. She has more right than anyone to be bitter about what those fools did to her.

Comment

Nice to see Hope today. I think it’s great she decided to leave it in the past and focus on the future.

Comment

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure Hope can now leave it in the past after she ruined Zoe's wedding, humiliated the girl and got her revenge on Thomas and stole his son. Now that Hope is doen with her plotting adn scheming.

• VixensVamp
            VixensVamp commented
            Editing a comment
            B-Hold would you rather Zoe enter into a loveless marriage? She may have loved Thomas, but he sure as heck didn't love her.

Originally posted by ekek View Post
          Bigger person? Hope will never be anything but small and self pitying to me.
          Exactly! And she needs to put herself in Zoes shoes anyhow...she would NEVER turn Brooke in for anything she did, and I do mean ANYTHING! she condones and justifies Brooke's every sin. She doesn't get to judge Zoe or anyone else that she always judges!

Comment

• JTDMom
            JTDMom commented
            Editing a comment
            I couldn’t agree more!

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree and added that Hope was doing a happy dance when Aspen died. Not caring about Steffy or even Liam's pain of losing a child.

She really was being the bigger person.

Comment

Originally posted by kendallalways View Post

Exactly! And she needs to put herself in Zoes shoes anyhow...she would NEVER turn Brooke in for anything she did, and I do mean ANYTHING! she condones and justifies Brooke's every sin. She doesn't get to judge Zoe or anyone else that she always judges!
            Hope is always very magnanimous if:

1) She has already "won" everything she wants.
            2) There is an expiration date on it.
            ​​​​ .

She and Flo share this trait IMO.

But I do give her some credit for it. The scene WAS nice today between them. Minus the Hope Worship lol.

Comment

AN always looks beautiful, but I do prefer her with blonde hair. Zoe, I thought, looked especially beautiful with the blonde streaks. Zoe is very exotic looking and makes a perfect model. Interesting to see where these two go in the SL, but yes, I want to know who's designing, too. Ridge is the only designer left, and he's always drunk or with Shauna or both.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X