Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Adam Gregory (ex-Thomas) played Liam, and Scott Clifton played Thomas?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Adam Gregory (ex-Thomas) played Liam, and Scott Clifton played Thomas?

I was reading this interview that Scott Clifton had made with SOAP OPERA DIGEST from years ago, and he had said, that for the Liam role, it was down to him and AG. We know Scott got the role, but the producers loved Adam as well, that they just replaced Drew Tyler Bell (who had vacated the role), and give him the role of Thomas.

In an alternate universe, what if the decision that was made, was different? What if Scott Clifton had gotten the role of Thomas, and Adam Greg, had gotten Liam; would you have like it? What do you guys think?

Both actors are fantastic, but I would have been very curious of their different interpretations of both roles.

This means that Adam Gregory would still be in the soap opera, and Scott Clifton not.

It might have been interesting, even known Adam Gregory looked a lot more like Ridge's son, but maybe with Adam Gregory the handwriting would have been different, a ruthless Liam like his father. Although I think this place will be taken by Will when he grows up.

Comment

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
      This means that Adam Gregory would still be in the soap opera, and Scott Clifton not.

It might have been interesting, even known Adam Gregory looked a lot more like Ridge's son, but maybe with Adam Gregory the handwriting would have been different, a ruthless Liam like his father. Although I think this place will be taken by Will when he grows up.
      I think Adam Gregory quit B&B tho, for more acting gigs and jobs. I don't think he was fired, I think he wanted to leave; so who knows what would have happened?

I thought Scott looks more like Drew Tyler Bell than Adam Gregory, but after him, the actors that followed: Pierson Fode and Matthew Atkinson in the role Thomas -- it is like they decided to have the character be more dark hair and tall- so like away from the interpretations of DTB and Adam Gregory.

Comment

I prefer SC as an actor BUT.....I think I would've bought Steffy and Hope fighting over AG as Liam a bit more, I'm not going to lie.

Comment

• uknowmynameisdm
          uknowmynameisdm commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree....both wonderful/amazing actors. I just thought AG would have been much more suited as a romantic lead than SC. But again, he is a fantastic actor, hence his three Emmys for the role.

Never heard about this before. Thomas and Liam play 2 very different romantic guys. While Liam reminds me of Eric, Thomas is very much like his father (at least AG and PF's version), jumping from one model/intern to another. He doesn't mind using women and throwing them away just for fun (as we saw with women like Zoe, Dayzee, Ivy,...) I don't think he is a waffler, on the other hand. When Thomas/AG was with Caroline, he was all about her. and Thomas/PF was all about Sally when they were dating. Never saw him loving 2 women at the same time. Outside of a short-lived relationship with Ivy, Liam has only be paired with Steffy and Hope in 10 years. I don't see him purposedly hurting/using women or becoming completely obsessed with a woman who doesn't want him. But he does bounce back and forth, waffle and cheat on these 2 women constantly.
        I don't know if SC could play a womanizer/user like Thomas, nor if AG could have played Liam for 10 years. But it sure would have had impacts on the storylines. Thomas wouldn't have been recatsed 3 times whereas Liam would be played by different actors (given that AG left his role in 2013)

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
          Lakergirl 04 commented
          Editing a comment
          There were recasting because they wanted to leave.

AG was religion didn't want to do love scenes. So he departed.

PF didn't want to stay on the show as a regular, he wanted to be on recurring. Bell didn't want that because he planned a big story for Sally and Thomas. He scrapped it when Pierson left. Sally was casted for Thomas. She had no direction when he left.

Matthew has known Bell for years, and Matthew was going to come on as another character in 2015, but
          Bell changed his mind. When PF left he had Matthew test with Annika Noelle, liked their chemistry and wanted him as Thomas. He really was casted for Hope. Bell has praised him a lot and said he wants him as a leading male because of his talent. He also gained a fanbase on social media.

Matthew is the best Thomas. Hot, can act his butt off, plays a good villain or nice guy.
          Last edited by Lakergirl 04; August 12, 2020, 03:47 AM.

Originally posted by uknowmynameisdm View Post

I think Adam Gregory quit B&B tho, for more acting gigs and jobs. I don't think he was fired, I think he wanted to leave; so who knows what would have happened?

I thought Scott looks more like Drew Tyler Bell than Adam Gregory, but after him, the actors that followed: Pierson Fode and Matthew Atkinson in the role Thomas -- it is like they decided to have the character be more dark hair and tall- so like away from the interpretations of DTB and Adam Gregory.
        Ah okay, I always thought he had was fired.I knew that Pierson Fodé had taken the decision to leave (whom I have seen in a Netflix movie since).
        In any case quite funny to think how it could have happened, and so evolved in a different way.

Comment

It is difficult because SC so many years has been already Liam, and I have seen AG only as Thomas.

I haven't seen SC in any other role, so I don't know how his Thomas would have behaved.
          I don't really see how SC would have fit much into the TRIDGE family, I don't see much phsical resemblance between him and RM or HT - and I would have likely seen him more like Steffy's young brother than what Thomas is supposed to be, the oldest child or Ridge.

It is easier to imagine AG as DD's son, Bill's son, than SC as Thomas.

​​

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
            Lakergirl 04 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thomas looks like. He can be Steffy brother but when he has his haircut and no facial hair be looks younger than her.

• viennagirl
            viennagirl commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean that MA - the current Thomas - also looks younger than Steffy without facial hair?

Or did you mean AG?
            WIth AG I didn't have that impression. I thought he looks like the older brother.

AG nowadays has either first grey peeks (I have quite dark hair and had some isolated white hair early on too),
            or he dies his hair that way (trend or for a filming role?).

• Lakergirl 04
            Lakergirl 04 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I meant Matthew looks like Steffy younger brother.

Then Thomas would have been popular and Liam maybe not as much. Liam is a wonderful, complex, complicated character but I think without SC’s looks and talent to bring him to life, it wouldn’t be the same.

SC could play anything and have the audience immediately hooked.

Comment

If that had happened then SC might have left the show too because Liam got all the writing. Thomas barely got a story or love interest. I don't think it would have happened though because they both had to test with JMW and SC got the role because of his chemistry with her and they cast AG as Thomas because they liked him too. AG did say that he got a role on 90210 that SC had also auditioned for. I guess they were all up for the same roles. Liam has been ruined but SC, I think is a strong actor.

I liked AG but my favorite Thomas hands down is Pierson. Wish he'd come back.

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
              Lakergirl 04 commented
              Editing a comment
              PF was definitely not a better actor than Matthew. Who can play a villain or nice guy. Pierson couldn't pulled that off.

• Ella Munroe
              Ella Munroe commented
              Editing a comment
              Lakergirl 04 Pierson didn't play a villain because he wasn't written as one. Drew Tyler Bell won an Emmy for his performance but Pierson is and always will be my favorite Thomas

Originally posted by Ella Munroe View Post
            If that had happened then SC might have left the show too because Liam got all the writing. Thomas barely got a story or love interest. I don't think it would have happened though because they both had to test with JMW and SC got the role because of his chemistry with her and they cast AG as Thomas because they liked him too. AG did say that he got a role on 90210 that SC had also auditioned for. I guess they were all up for the same roles. Liam has been ruined but SC, I think is a strong actor.

I liked AG but my favorite Thomas hands down is Pierson. Wish he'd come back.
            I know they both tested against Jackie. I always thought when AG was in the role, Thomas and Steffy always had inappropriate chemistry ahaha. I thought that is an interesting point because AG was my favorite Thomas, and I thought they should have used him more.

I always felt Pierson looked younger--and not older, he was just taller. But he was also fantastic as Thomas.

Comment

• Ella Munroe
              Ella Munroe commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel that way about Bill. They had an old, controlling man stalk and blackmail a pregnant Steffy during me too. He's always with Brooke. Double yuck. Still was dropped due to me too backlash and from actors' interviews, it's not happening anytime soon. Bill's going back to Katie 🤣. Steam will never fully be dropped. I think everyone knows that. Jacqui and Scott continue to have tons of scenes together whether the couple is together or not. Meaning that Steam ship gets way more crumbs than still... and there's Finn now so...
              Last edited by Ella Munroe; August 12, 2020, 04:35 PM.

• uknowmynameisdm
              uknowmynameisdm commented
              Editing a comment
              Ella Munroe

This is I guess a different stroke for different folks. I LOVE STILL--literally from when they were together from 2009-2011--I believe they had a strong following. You should see the amount of Youtube videos/views on them, Twitter, Instagram p,ages and the channels dedicated to them. It was upsetting for me as a STILL fan to get them dropped like that. Even JMW and DD, like being paired together, and JMW has always said in interviews that despite being with Liam, Bill deep down is truly the one that Steffy has always love.

I agree that the second round of STILL was very uncomfortable, but it was due to interesting writing choices. Before she even looked at Liam's way, Steffy was IN LOVE with Bill. She in fact bought a place for them to live together, and the man was gonna leave Katie for her. They were a couple, written with a nice build-up, and had complexities, her issues with her father, taking back ownership of FC, Thomas/Brooke's disappearance-- it was a well-written love story, compared to STEAM, which was very plotfocus, not character based and began because Steffy hit her head in the bathtub and decided that she was in love with Liam because he saved her life. It was too instant.

So, in my opinion, the second round of STILL should have written as a flow-blown affair, rather than a one-night stand--just to make it more realistic and character-driven to the story. If they were going to make STILL cheat and make Steffy a cheating wife, then they should have just went the full mile, because the deed was already done. STILL fans could have at least gotten something-more than crumbs, if they were just going to go back to Steffy/Liam/Hope eventually. I also doubt it was any backlash, Bell writes what he wants -- he does not care about the backlash, or else a lot of the stories he has written would have never occurred or would have been dropped, or the characters such as Maya (a black transwoman), he has neglected would still be onscreen. I am also fine with Steffy and Liam sharing scenes, I just don't want to see them pair as a couple ever again, especially after the way that man treated Steffy during her high-risk pregnancy and the nine years they went back and forth.

I just don't want to watch Steffy/Hope/Liam --- like it was tiring, dull, boring and predictable. Other than the occasional waffling, they continuously show Hope and Liam as endgame (kissing/proposing in front of her, Steffy/Liam only being together due to manipulations done by others,) and just Liam not interested in being with her and have family with her. Steffy is legacy character, much more than Hope and Liam, and she and her fans deserve to see her have her own soulmate, "destiny" and endgame relationship--it's only fair. I hope it is Dr. Finn because finally a MAN that is written, since Wood took the role in 2008, for Steffy.
              Last edited by uknowmynameisdm; August 12, 2020, 07:19 PM.

• Ella Munroe
              Ella Munroe commented
              Editing a comment
              Everyone can like whatever they want but stalking is sexual predation and Still was dropped for that reason. The days of Luke and Laura are over. Still will forever have a questionable consent cloud over it. All I saw was Steffy tell Bill over and over to leave her alone as he forced himself into her house and life. Now granted, I never wanted Steffy with a man who's 25 years older than her and is now almost sixty. Yikes. I never cared for Brad Carlton and Dollar Bill too cartoonish to take seriously. I don't like Bill. I know what happened in 2011 and I never felt that Steffy was in love with Bill. She was infatuated with an older man who gave her the attention that her father didn’t. She got over it fast enough. Steffy didn’t just hit her head and fall for Liam. She saw him in a different light because he saved her life, She realized that it was okay to like a nice guy yet before she thought she needed to be with someone older and even “a little mean”. She said those words. Steam did have buildup. It took time for Steffy to own up to the gondola and for Liam to forgive her and their weddings and her miscarriage and everything.

It cannot be that Still was ruined by writers and not given their "chance" 😂 but Steam problems are because of Liam. Every single thing on a show is "because of the writers". If Liam is bad, then Bill is bad.Bill is worse because of the stalking and blackmailing and because Steffy clearly does not want him anymore. That's how it was written. That's why we wanted a new man for her. Bill is going back to Katie and they can stay on backburner forever. There was definitely backlash to the Bill stalking Steffy storyline. It happened at the height of me too. Steffy “choosing herself” was a rewrite. It looked like she was actually going to marry Bill but then it was all dropped. Then they never had scenes together because Bill was now “Harvey Weinstein”. I know Bill would get more airtime with Steffy... but I don't want him to. I want to watch Steffy with Finn now.

*Steam have had an even larger following with all the videos and all that so that's neither here nor there. Every couple has videos. Jacqui also said Wyatt was the one Steffy truly loved so maybe he's endgame🤣. Jacqui has said she loves Scott and loves working with him. She’s said that said that Steffy will always love Liam. She's closest to Scott because they worked together the most. It's only DD that's pushing for Still right now. Jacqui is promoting SINN and said that she might still have am entanglement with Liam. No mention id Bill from her. You know who already has videos on them even with very few scenes, SINN 🥰

Didn't Bill treat Steffy badly during her high risk pregnancy? Didn't Steffy almost lose her baby because of Bill? Or was that the writers? I have no problem with Steffy not being with Liam but Never Bill. Not after all he did.
              Last edited by Ella Munroe; August 13, 2020, 01:30 AM.

Ella Munroe

I guess again preferences, while STILL had two-three years of buildup before they decided to finally be together; Steam had literally a month or two because of when she hit her head of the bathtub. So I don't see how Steam had built-in comparison to STILL. What I hated about Steam is that a lot of manipulation, lies, and deceit kept them together; the gondola, Cabo, and the nine years of the back and forth --- just showed Liam never be able to let of his attachment to Hope, it was ridiculous. At least with Bill, he fought for the first time to be with her, even when Katie had her heart attack.

Age differences never bother me in soaps or even real-life. Love is love. But the writers never did gave STILL a chance to actually be a couple, that is a reality. Both romances were written when one of them had been married. I think Steam may have a bigger following, because again, writers dedicated years of stories to them, and did not with STILL. Thus, me as a STILL fan, also jumped on the bandwagon of Steam, because we had no other choice because the writers had no interest in visiting them. I like the Bill character, and the dark aspects to them, and thought he was always a perfect match for Steffy, and one of Steffy's true love-but again preferences.

I also don't bring down the fact that every couple has videos-I am just responding to the idea that STILL don't have a strong following as the reason why they are dropped; when people are obviously still rooting for them. Steffy had a high-risk pregnancy because of all involved (Hope, Brooke, Bill, Ridge etcc..), she was under high amount of stress because of everybody, but mostly that falls on Liam IMO.

Jacqui will never badmouth one of her co-stars, or promote one couple over the other--but what she has done is always promoted for Steffy to have new love, that is NOT Liam. In some ways, I agree that the STILL ship has long sailed, especially after that second round uncomfortable round, but they will always remain as my favorite Steffy ship and a couple that could have had supercouple status before the writers just dropped out them of the blue for Steffy & Liam. So I feel in some ways that something was taken from me and the rest of STILL fans 😂😂😂. I am done with the Spencer men, but if Steffy has to be with one, then I want my STILL. Both characters are bad, but Bill owns his bad and accepted Steffy's flaws in comparison to sanctimonious Liam who I have found always judged Steffy. That is why is he works perfect with Hope, because, all Hope & Liam, do is judge other people, and carry superiority complexes. Bill saw Steffy as his equal, while Liam, saw Steffy, as below him. What does Liam even do? What his job?

I honestly don't want Steffy & Liam to be paired as a couple, for years, I want Steffy to be paired with Carter -- and LSV said in multiple interviews and on Jackie's IG, that he wanted to be paired with her, and it is just disappointing that the writers never saw a potential for that story. But they brought in Finn--which I am very excited for. My dream triangle would be either Finn/Steffy/Carter (Steffy stuck between a DOC & Lawyer ---- that is how u do a triangle), or if a Spencer man has to be involved Finn/Stefffy/Bill. But again it is all preferences hehe.

Comment

uknowmynameisdm That's great, but for me it all boils down to... I'm not a Bill fan. I don't like him, don't find him appealing in the slightest, and I definitely do not want him anywhere near Steffy. The stalking and blackmailing just made it worse. Steffy doesn't want him and she had no reaction to him in the hospital. If all of Still's problems are because of interesting writing choices, then all of Steam's and indeed all couples are because of writing choices. I find Bill to be too cartoonish to take seriously. Bill can stay with Katie and indeed all indicates that he's headed in that direction. I thought triangles were bad? Right now Steffy has a pairing with Finn only. No triangle.

In any case, it's not up to me. They have cast a new love interest for Steffy and I'm thankful for him. Bell already said Carter would be in Zoe's orbit. The men in Steffy's orbit right now are Finn, Liam, Ridge and Thomas. The show is very predictable so that's who she'll interract with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella Munroe View Post
                uknowmynameisdm That's great, but for me it all boils down to... I'm not a Bill fan. I don't like him, don't find him appealing in the slightest, and I definitely do not want him anywhere near Steffy. The stalking and blackmailing just made it worse. Steffy doesn't want him and she had no reaction to him in the hospital. If all of Still's problems are because of interesting writing choices, then all of Steam's and indeed all couples are because of writing choices. I find Bill to be too cartoonish to take seriously. Bill can stay with Katie and indeed all indicates that he's headed in that direction. I thought triangles were bad? Right now Steffy has a pairing with Finn only. No triangle.

In any case, it's not up to me. They have cast a new love interest for Steffy and I'm thankful for him. Bell already said Carter would be in Zoe's orbit. The men in Steffy's orbit right now are Finn, Liam, Ridge and Thomas. The show is very predictable so that's who she'll interract with.
                I guess what it boils down to...is that I DESPISED Liam hahaa. The thing is I don't disagree that Bill was pretty awful in 2017/2018, but Liam, is just as bad, because he emotionally abused Steffy for nine years--I find him actually worse than Bill in some ways because Bill eventually left Steffy alone and gave her some space--Liam does not. Both need to be out of Steffy's orbit, IMHO. I know Liam has a child with Steffy, but there are so many soaps, where characters have children together, and not in each other's orbit constantly or even paired together. If there is a will, there is a way--to operate the stories. But there is not a will from the writers to do so, hence, why we will see them in each other's orbit consistently.

I don't mind love triangles, and they are pretty much the basis of soaps. But specific love triangles need to have an expiry date--such as Steffy/Liam/Hope, they needed to end that triangle back in 2013, when JMW left. When she came back in 2015, they should have just moved the Steffy character in a new story and new direction that did not involve Liam, but they opted not to. So disappointing.

I know Carter is meant for Zoe, I was just saying that "STARTER" was always part of my wish and for many other people, including the actors. Both Scott, LSV, and Jacqui, all expressed that they wanted Steffy to be paired with Carter. Again, the writers, for some reason, did not see that potential which is rather disappointing. The fact that the show is predictable is in itself a problem, they should be able to switch up the canvas, and see people interact with other that they don't usually do so--keep it fresh and new rather than recycle the same stories, plots, and same character interactions.

Comment

• Ella Munroe
                  Ella Munroe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You like Bill, I don't. Steffy doesn't want him. I'm not a Liam fan either so that's neither here nor there.

It's kind of difficult to imagine SC as Thomas and AG as Liam. I can't really picture AG and JMW in love scenes-- they just look so much alike. And I don't think Scott and Courtney Hope had as much chemistry Scott and Jacqui. I think the roles ultimately went to the right people.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X