Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Help Steffy?

If I understand the extent of Steffy's injuries wouldn't she need help lifting Kelly in and out of bed, to bathe her etc? I am wondering who they will write in to help her.

I am not saying she is incapable of caring for her daughter of that Liam and Hope need to take custody. I am saying that physically now there are some things that she just can not do because of her injuries. I am wondering who will help her, or if Bell just forgot the physical things regarding the care of a child that Steffy may not be able to do herself now until her injuries heal.
    Last edited by Moore ideas; August 6, 2020, 12:24 PM. Reason: Does not advance discussion.

Totally insipid... Steffy can afford the best nurse and a housekeeper and a nanny! This is totally ridiculous and 2 days of this storyline feels like 2 years!!!!! And what family member would leave an an unattended and injured woman with a child.

Comment

• glfan61
      glfan61 commented
      Editing a comment
      ugh....here we go...let's make another addict while were at it. same old script rehash..instead of a triangle with hope and liam, let's do the old create an addict instead of showing a responsible person who is smart capable and aware of the dangers of pain killers. lazy writing!!

• NuttyAboutSoaps
      NuttyAboutSoaps commented
      Editing a comment
      ITA, Sweetday. Steffy can afford to hire all the help in the world to take care of the house and Kelly while she recovers. As a result, this shouldn't be an issue.

I was thinking the same thing. It was like welcome home and good luck. Enjoy the balloons and call door dash for dinner.

Comment

When Steffy said to Dr Finn that "I just want to pick up and hold my daughter" he SPECIFICALLY said "Yoi shouldnt be lifting anything for awhile."

She definitely needs a nurse at least! Or Amelia to help her cook etc for Kelly.

I can't believe Ridge and Thomas just left. Especially with how scared Ridge was. Even tho Steffy probably would have fought it, someone needed to stay with her at least a night.

Comment

Yeah, I was definitely wondering this myself! She JUST got out of the hospital and now everyone cut out quickly! Thomas, her father, Liam, heck, even Eric should be there with her. Honestly, I'm surprised that Ridge isn't staying with her until the foreseeable future.

How is it that Thomas can say, "My sister almost died, there was no way I was going to stay away." while on the flip side, TPTB are allowing Taylor to do just that? I'd feel better if the writers could simply reference to Taylor by saying she's in with Kelly or at the store or she's stuck trying to get a flight due to her secluded location. Anything than what she's (and we are) getting.

Comment

Only a guess but maybe Thomas, Ridge, Amelia will take turns staying with her. I actually think this would be a good time for Pam to appear and also be one that helps out.

Comment

• Xyla
            Xyla commented
            Editing a comment
            Or at least they could mention Pam helping out, if AM didn't want to risk going back to work right now, especially since she's no longer on contract. For instance, they could mention Pam and Charlie having dropped by earlier with a batch of meals for Steffy's freezer. Or say that Pam was coming later to help with Kelly. They wouldn't actually have to show her being there to imply that she had been or was about to be.

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            Pam is the type who would be there so it deserves a mention.

I just remembered too AM’s husband’s death. I hope she is doing good it’s a difficult thing to go through . I was so shocked by that terrible accident.

Ridge has been amazingly supportive of both Thomas and Steffy, and it's hard to believe that he'd leave her with Kelly alone on her first night home from the hospital. The writers need to keep him in character, not alter it to fit their story line.

Comment

• catmommy9
            catmommy9 commented
            Editing a comment
            We should have seen a scene where Ridge was discussing interviewing and hiring a full-time, live-in nanny/housekeeper for Steffy. And either that person is in place when Steffy came home, or Ridge stayed over until the new hire moves in.

• RedheadTeacher
            RedheadTeacher commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree! The writers want us to believe that Ridge is a caring and supportive dad to his grown kids. Heck, he jeopardized his marriage to Brooke by showing loyalty to Thomas. In Wednesday's episode, Brooke commented that he seemed worried, rather odd, given he had real cause to feel worried, and he has expressed his concern multiple times.

For me, it makes little sense that the writers portray Ridge as an involved father and then don't have him do normal things to help his kids. I would have expected to see a concerned father encourage his son to get real psychological help when it was clear that he had obsessive issues. I would have expected Ridge to step in to provide a home for his grandson, Douglas, rather than allow Hope and Liam to pursue custody. And I would have expected Ridge to make sure that Steffy had assistance from the minute he brought her home from the hospital. Again, that would be the logical actions of a caring father, but that doesn't fit the agenda to throw his kids under the proverbial bus rolling straight toward them.

Maybe because kids are not going to be around they will downplay anything involving the children. I don’t know logically you would think someone would be around if something actually would happen to Kelly or Steffy that’s on their family for not having someone around.

Comment

Originally posted by BrAk5742 View Post
            Yeah, I was definitely wondering this myself! She JUST got out of the hospital and now everyone cut out quickly! Thomas, her father, Liam, heck, even Eric should be there with her. Honestly, I'm surprised that Ridge isn't staying with her until the foreseeable future.

How is it that Thomas can say, "My sister almost died, there was no way I was going to stay away." while on the flip side, TPTB are allowing Taylor to do just that? I'd feel better if the writers could simply reference to Taylor by saying she's in with Kelly or at the store or she's stuck trying to get a flight due to her secluded location. Anything than what she's (and we are) getting.
            They let each other fend for themselves most of the time. That is why the Forresters seem rather disconnected at times too.
            I agree Taylor should be here, but TPTB don't seem to care for it. Ridge is trying to step in now, but i still find it dismal.

Comment

• LBC
              LBC commented
              Editing a comment
              Not enough in the budget for you, Taylor. Sorry.

The writers didn't get any better while they were out. This is just more ridiculous story telling. Steffy should be reminded that she could injure herself even more by pretending she is fine. Then she will be separated from Kelly even longer.

Comment

• BrAk5742
              BrAk5742 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. Time away didn't help at all. There's should be more cohesive dialogue right now. Normally we'd want them to show more than tell but this time the viewer understands why that is not possible. Simply having Ridge tell her that he'd be right back or slip into his conversation with Brooke that a full-time nurse or nanny is starting tonight would put us at ease.

It's as though they're not even trying!

Even without having kids around, if my daughter had been in an accident like that and was just released from the hospital, I would be staying with her for a couple of days at the least.

Comment

• LBC
              LBC commented
              Editing a comment
              Because that would make sense and it's what normal people would do. This is Bell Land, where things often make no sense. Plus, how can they make Steffy an addict if therapist Taylor is there?

Well when Ridge left Thomas was there . I don’t know if it was already arranged that someone would be staying the night.

Comment

This storyline is already missing important beats because Bell wants to rush to the addiction and the romance with Finn.
              The problem is that it’s not realistic or in character for Steffy.
              She got a nanny any other one to take care of Kelly but now she is severely injured she can’t have the nanny around?

Bell probably wants Steffy to really be helpless and in despair before Dr Finn sweeps in to save the day.

The Forresters not being there for Steffy is on brand. All the other families stand together during moments like this except them.

Comment

The concern is that this epidemic mainly prevents stories, basically the characters will be there for Steffy but will not be able to approach him, help him physically, it's like the love story, of course it's not because of the soap opera, nor the authors but all this prevents to create a good story.

I watch a German soap opera, it has a couple forming, falling in love but it can't go any further, well I assure you it's frustrating as viewers.

Comment

• kahinamah
                  kahinamah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, it's well done, they're doing a good job because you can't feel that distance.

It is true that they can not go in kisses, love relationships. it will be really strange to see couples se build or couples there for a long time never kiss, or hold hands.

• BrAk5742
                  BrAk5742 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Bell needs to watch some other shows to see how to do this social distance filming right. It's glaringly obvious by the way they're shooting these episodes.

• kahinamah
                  kahinamah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes he should.

my bet is on thomas moving in, he said he didnt have anywhere permanent he was staying

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X