Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age inappropriate crafts and thoughts about Kelly and Beth

Liam and Hope’s conversation was so developmentally inappropriate from yesterday! Two toddlers helped setup a party. Coloring isn’t mind boggling. I could see if it was paint! It’s not about Liam or Hope...are the writer ever around children? Who leaves two toddlers unattended. I know it’s Covid!

This is why I do not like kiddie storylines... they are so forced and inadequate. This is supposed to be an adult show about fashion.. not a toddler arts and crafts show.

Comment

• nfox
      nfox commented
      Editing a comment
      It wasn’t decorating, but a two year old wanted something bright

That was so dumb when Hope said "Kelly did it all" or "the girls really helped" with all the decorations. Toddlers can't blow up balloons or put flowers in vases. I was shaking my head so hard it almost fell off.

Comment

• GabbyMo
      GabbyMo commented
      Editing a comment
      It came from Hope’s mouth. What else could we expect

• xoregonian
      xoregonian commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, it was cutesy, but it was just Hope saying it to Liam. "The girls did all the work" or whatever. Huh? It would have been cuter to have Hope say that to the grandma or grandpa, not to Liam.

It would have been more believable if the girls were older unless they have suddenly been aged ,

Comment

Steffy was only gone over night, not on an extended trip.

Comment

I must have missed something because it didn't seem that serious to me.
        Like they were embellishing in Liam's daughter's genius when it is known they are little girls
        and did not help decorate that place.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
          Emerald Greens commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s very possible. The girls were probably a part of the decorating and that’s fun for kids.

Honestly, I didn't find this dialogue bad, it's just a detail, sometimes a child does a little thing, but we like to embellish it, a lot of parents do it, not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
          Honestly, I didn't find this dialogue bad, it's just a detail, sometimes a child does a little thing, but we like to embellish it, a lot of parents do it, not so bad.
          i didnt either - it was cute

Comment

• Laura23
            Laura23 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, parents love to embellish what the kids did. It’s cute! ❤️

Originally posted by Boldfan4ever View Post

i didnt either - it was cute
          I'm a nanny, and a lot of parents do this, I also find it touching and cute.

Comment

I have always found the dialogue forced whenever young children (too young to have dialogue of their own) are involved. It always comes across as the adults putting words in the childrens' mouths, either as an indirect way of talking to the other adult, or as a joke meant to be cute. I wish they would just, you know, actually interact with the kids rather than using them as props. Play with them, talk to them naturally and age-appropriately, whatever.

​​​​​​

Comment

I'm sure Steffy knew that Kelly didn't do it all herself, but Hope did say it was all Kelly's idea. I thought the scenes were just fine. Everyone just wanted to welcome Steffy home and make her feel wanted.

Comment

• Sharkswin
                Sharkswin commented
                Editing a comment
                IKR?! I didn't find anything inappropriate..I thought it was cute that Kelly and Beth did some drawings, and of course, Hope and Liam did the balloons and everything else. The scenes were nice in welcoming Steffy home.

The one thing that can't be explained away by Lope exaggerating the children's involvement was the drawing they showed that Kelly supposedly did which was more sophisticated than most two-year-olds could manage and included a childlike printing of a message at the top of it. Unless Hope or Liam actually prints like that, I assume it was supposed to be Kelly's printing, and for a two-year-old to print a message relatively neatly is rather a lot to expect of a child that age, unless Liam wasn't joking about thinking she was Harvard bound already because she seemed academically gifted for her age.

Comment

A lot of people do it including myself. Guess I am inappropriate.

Comment

Thinking about it more you tend to give kids the credit it was a fairly low key scene . I remember my nieces and nephews doing projects and you always praise and encourage them. Maybe the problem was that the kids weren’t in the room where they could hear the compliments. Another thing is since kids can’t be on the set it was a way of making it clear they were a part of it and Kelly knew her mom was coming home.

Comment

I am sure Steffy knows what her daughter is capable of doing.I thought it was a nice gesture maybe they did do a little something like pick out a colour.Since kids cannot be on the show they were including them.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X