• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SheilaFan32
    Senior Board Member
    • Oct 2017

SPOILER! SOD: Bradley Bell on the Avant family

He says that the Avant family will be making appearances throughout the fall. Carter is Zoe's love interest. And Zoe is Carter's. Then there's Zende.
  • Brandy1981
    Executive Poster
    • Apr 2018

I hope I like this Zende because I did not like the last one.I am happy with Zoe and Carter though.The Avant family is needed,especially the dad.

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
      Lakergirl 04 commented
      Editing a comment
      I liked Rome Flynn. He had chemistry with Nicole, Sasha and even Maya.
  • joncharmed93
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2012

That's what he said last year. We'll see, I hope so because we need more characters. Watching old B&B it's painfully obvious how small the cast is today.

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
      Lakergirl 04 commented
      Editing a comment
      They aren't back permanently. Just appearances here and there, I have no use for Maya and others,
  • Dylans_Girl
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Sep 2004

I love Nicole but I can't stand Maya though!

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
      CouchCruisin' commented
      Editing a comment
      Add me to the list!! I never could stand Maya.
  • uknowmynameisdm
    Board Regular
    • Jun 2015

Excited for the Avant family!! Excited that Brad finally listened to fans, and is writing for Carter!

It is very important for Brad Bell to have some representation onscreen! I'm assuming Nicole and Zende are having troubles, but I hope they bring Nicole to explain those troubles. There is a reason why Reign Edwards is a three-time Emmy nominee for this role, so I would rather see their blow out from their divorce on screen, then rather an offscreen divorce. But Bell does love his offscreen divorces, which is so frustrating.

I could also get behind as well a Zoe and Nicole rivalry if it is written well.

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
      Lakergirl 04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reign isn't on contract neither is Karla. They probably show up three times and Nicole might try to get Zende, but he wants Zoey.
  • DepecheMode_Fan
    Soap Addict
    • Aug 2007

I'll believe these "appearances" (whatever that means) when I see it.

Comment

• Forever Fan
      Forever Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you!
  • kahinamah
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2019

I especially loved the dad (I think thanks to the actor), I also liked the mom and Maya, but I found Nicole terribly boring.

It's great that Carter is finally put forward.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the most interesting thing about the father, which they never bothered to explore, was when he talked about how when his own father found out about Maya, he blamed him for that and basically disowned him, financially and emotionally, on his deathbed because of it. The actor delivered the speech beautifully and it provided some important motivations for why it was so difficult for him to accept Maya's transition--not only did he "lose" his only son but he lost his father as well when she transitioned. And since he seemed to love and admire his father, he probably took what his dad said to heart and felt it was somehow something he did that made Maya transgender, so he was carrying around a lot of blame and guilt and pivoted over into anger instead because that was easier to handle. If they'd explored any or all of that, it would have made him a more complex character, and it would have added another layer to Maya's story, as I'm sure there are other parents/grandparents of transgender people who have had those same reactions that have done no good for them or their children.

• kahinamah
      kahinamah commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting story, this should have been explored in more depth.

• Lakergirl 04
      Lakergirl 04 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's clear when Bell said appearances that's all it means. Like Bridget makes appearances that mean nothing. Nicole probably wants Zende back, but he is interested in Zoey. If he is the new fashion designer/photographer he will work with Zoey while she is with Carter.
  • Sopranojenn
    Contract Poster
    • Aug 2011

I loved Mothwr and Father Avant- amazing actors!!! And they actually had personalities, unlike some of the current characters (IMO).

I can't stand hypocrite bully Maya and was never interested in her drama after she was so cruel to Ally, which she and Rick never apologized foe nor was it ever even acknowledged.

Not interested much in Nicole or Zenda either, altho I loved the original actor that played Zende.

Maybe they will.come on with something interesting though and not just another dumb triangle.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
      Executive Poster
      • May 2014

Oh GOSH... they are going to destroy Carter with that psycho girl.
      I would rather see him once again back-burnered than paired with Zoe. Gag me ...

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        I rather Zoe leave and Sasha comes back modeling for FC.
    • Birthday_Girl
      Recurring Poster
      • Mar 2020

Thanks for the spoilers SheilaFan32

I'm glad that Carter will be getting a storyline. It'll be good to see the Avants again. Bell's writing is predictable. He seems to need a good guy and a bad guy in triangles. I just wonder who is going to be cast as the "bad" boy in the Carter/Zoe/Zende triangle. Both Carter and Zende are standup guys. One of the two will be thrown under a bus.

Comment

• Terileeh
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2014

I just want to know why Rick and Myia divorced!

Comment

• B-Hold
          Day Player
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by SheilaFan32 View Post
          He says that the Avant family will be making appearances throughout the fall. Carter is Zoe's love interest. And Zoe is Carter's. Then there's Zende.
          Not sure what purpose the Avants serve. Maya is no longer married to Rick. None of them work at FC.

Comment

• tosh
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2009

Sasha the one who made the most waves

Comment

• Boldfan4ever
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Jan 2018

Bell has said this before but even if true whats the point of bringing them back without rick? we need some context about the raya divorce otherwise its the elephant in the room

Comment

• Sherrel2007
                Day Player
                • Feb 2020

I love Nicole, Maya not so much. I wonder why the split Nicole and Zende up. I didn’t think Zende deserved and Nicole anyway. Hopefully Nicole will have a good storyline. Hate to say I was always hoping for Nicole and Rick. I hate Rick is not coming back.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X