Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Spoiler For Next Friday (7/31/2020) Steffy Spoiler

Source: credit goes to Marigold Richards on Instagram

In more pain than she's allowing everyone to see, Steffy returns home from the hospital.

Do you think this is a clue to what the "social issue" story line will be about?

So Steffy's going to become an addict, and lose HER child (and yes, she is Kelly's SOLE PARENT) to the annointed Lope...

Comment

• Carerra
      Carerra commented
      Editing a comment
      Please no. I will definitely stop watching if that happens. I hate Hope and I'm sick of Steffy constantly losing to that vapid creature.

• ItsaSOAP
      ItsaSOAP commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you are wrong.

I would rather her issue be due to her parents marital issues playing out in her own life and the finale be her tossing that stupid picture of her and Liam off the cliff and into the ocean!

• AAC82
      AAC82 commented
      Editing a comment
      that is what it is looking like..... i have zero interest in watching that

she's gonna become addicted to painkillers

Comment

Knew it. And she doesn't have to lose Kelly to Lope. They could easily write in that Lope have enough on their plate and have Kelly stay with Ridge temporarily.

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
        Lakergirl 04 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lord knows Lope are inept as is.

• Reesiecup
        Reesiecup commented
        Editing a comment
        Jasamfan Liam taking on the responsibility of Kelly while Steffy recovers would only be temporary. Steffy would not lose Kelly.

• JTDMom
        JTDMom commented
        Editing a comment
        I never would have thought Hope would have custody of Douglas either, so I totally think it’s possible that Hope would try to “keep” Kelly.

Seems pretty predictable that she's likely becoming addicted to the painkillers and if that doctor supplies unlimited amount to her, then he's bad news IMO.

Comment

• Camille78
        Camille78 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are very strict laws about how many pain meds a doctor can prescribe, but BB will conveniently ignore that.

• JTDMom
        JTDMom commented
        Editing a comment
        In a recent interview, the actor playing Finn said he would be a man with values... plus Vinnie the drug dealer already has a role.

• Sharkswin
        Sharkswin commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^Actually, it was said that Finn has "different set of value" that's not the same as he's a man with values. IMO.

Steffy the pain killer addict?? Maybe it's time to get rid of that bike
      Meanwhile we will see if Finn will give her more pills or actually care to notice she is not doing well.

Comment

But wouldn't she be in less, not more, pain if she were popping pain pills? If she's in more pain than she's allowing people to see, wouldn't that mean she's not taking enough medication as opposed to too much? Or that the medication she's taking isn't working?

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
          Lakergirl 04 commented
          Editing a comment
          Xyla, I think it's saying Steffy is in more pain than she wants, to let on. Meaning she doesn't want Ridge or loser Liam to get more concerned. Which is why she would start taking more meds than maybe prescribed. Like if she was given thirty tablets three times a day, she could take 4-5 a day, because the pills aren't lasting as long as the Dr thought. Or say her milligrams were 20mg or something, she might need a increase to 30mg or 40. That's not unusual at all. Especially for a ER visit.

I definitely don't think Dr Finn is going to be her supplier or whatever some said upthread. He probably will notice she isn't herself, or maybe Thomas or Ridge notice and that's where things head.

• Batgary
          Batgary commented
          Editing a comment
          Of, course Steffy's pain has just started, but one of the problems with opioids is if you have to take them for any amount of time, your body gets used to them and you have to take more to get the same effect. I know because I have had chronic pain for almost 20 years. Luckily, I'm no longer taking opioids, but if they go that route with Steffy it could be a very good story if properly told.

• mmoorehm
          mmoorehm commented
          Editing a comment
          Why is Steffy in so much pain? I though the doctor said she had no head injuries and only abrasions. I am sure they did an X-ray or an MRI, at least that is what most hospitals would do for an accident victim . If she had any broken ribs or internal injuries it would show up. The doctor said radiology was backed up and it would be a while, but for someone to have just come out of a coma and is in severe pain looks like that would be a priority for quick action.

Thanks for the spoilers, Rita. And yes, I do think this indicates that Steffy is going to become addicted to pain pills. And I have no judgement of her because it can happen to literally anyone, even the strongest and steadiest among us. I think it could be a great story if it is handled correctly.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
          veryoldatwtfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sharkswin “doesn’t do right by Kelly” like what? That’s rather difficult to imagine.

• lovely rita
          lovely rita commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome Belinda, for the spoilers. Sounds like she will eventually have to do something for the pain if it persists.

• Tahemet
          Tahemet commented
          Editing a comment
          We all know Bell and his Lope worship. I wouldn't be surprised if Lope tried to snatch Kelly away from Steffy if she became addicted to pills.

I'm probably wrong, but I read something recently about the character of Dr. Finn, and how he has a "different set of values", something like that.

What if that is in reference to the way, as a doctor, that he prefers to treat pain?

What if at some point, he sees that Steffy is starting to use too much pain medication or sees signs that she might start to do that, and talks to her about alternative modalities that she might try(acupuncture, exercise, hydrotherapy, that sort of thing)?

Because, pain medication abuse is in the news, but also, other methods to treat pain is getting more and more coverage.

Comment

• Batgary
          Batgary commented
          Editing a comment
          I really hope they go this route.

• Lakergirl 04
          Lakergirl 04 commented
          Editing a comment
          He tells Steffy to take the pain pills. So I think she will be addicted for awhile.

I'm tired of all the women on the show being temporary addicts for storyline purposes. The writers need to give it a rest. Women aren't the only ones with these issues and treating these very important issues as story props before forgetting about them is just obnoxious.

I would much rather see her deal with PTSD. At least then it isn't so blatant when they forget the issue ever existed.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that you mention it, if Thomas recognized that Steffy wasn't dealing with her medication properly and he let Finn know he thought something was up and it was the two of them that got Steffy through it, that might help redeem Thomas at least a little. And if, in the meantime, Hope/Brooke tried to add Kelly to "Mommy Hope's" collection of kiddos, perhaps a cured Steffy and reformed Thomas could team up to get their kids back.

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          The other way to go with this, if Bell just had to have an addiction story, would be for Bill to start boozing it up too much again because of his guilt in all this. Maybe he even gets in another accident--not one that hurts anyone, except himself, in a minor way--and that forces him to admit he has a problem. But before that, he doesn't want to admit it, and Katie keeps pushing him to do so while Brooke keeps making excuses for them, and that could have been a story line for them while Steffy got to have a slow-burning romance with Dr. Finnegan to balance the drama elsewhere on the show.

• JTDMom
          JTDMom commented
          Editing a comment
          PTSD would be a great storyline! JMW would do an amazing job!

Yes, I think it is painkillers. Didn't they already do something like that with Hope?

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
          Lakergirl 04 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope wasn't on any pain medication. She was taken things for anxiety.

• Batgary
          Batgary commented
          Editing a comment
          And they totally messed up that storyline. Hopefully it will be done correctly, though I don't hold out much hope.

If someone else were writing this I'm sure JMW would knock a great storyline like this out of the park. However since Bell is writing this he's probably setting us up to have Steffy give Kelly to Hope & Liam to raise because she's such a crappy mother.

Comment

• Reesiecup
          Reesiecup commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't believe for a second that Steffy would ever relinquish Kelly to Hope and Liam to raise. I think it's likely that Kelly will spend some time with her dad while her mother is recovering. I think for the most part, Kelly will remain at the cliff-house with her mom and go for visits at the cabin with her dad.

• Terileeh
          Terileeh commented
          Editing a comment
          Or Liam will move into the cliff house to take care of Kelly and watch over Steffy...and here we go AGAIN.

Originally posted by Jasamfan View Post
        Knew it. And she doesn't have to lose Kelly to Lope. They could easily write in that Lope have enough on their plate and have Kelly stay with Ridge temporarily.
        Hopefully Ridge will step up and take care of Kelly until Steffy recovers, without a story where Lope take Kelly.... those two have taken enough from Steffy as it is.

Comment

• Sweetday
          Sweetday commented
          Editing a comment
          Like he stepped up to take care of Douglas??
          Ridge can’t take care of himself much less a child.

It’s seems like Steffy is refusing to take the pain meds at the beginning even if she’s in so much pain and Finn notices. There’s a more detailed spoiler that says Finn tells her to take pain meds if she’s in pain and to not be a hero. My theory is she refuses at first, but probably can’t take the pain anymore and starts to take pain meds, becomes too reliant on them thus probably leading to the addiction story. Finn or someone starts to notice. How they try to help her is the question. JMW will rock the scenes though. I hope they handle this storyline realistically and with care.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          If they don't handle it with care, they shouldn't even try it. There's enough misinformation about the opioid crisis out there as it is.

Originally posted by kendallalways View Post
        So Steffy's going to become an addict, and lose HER child (and yes, she is Kelly's SOLE PARENT) to the annointed Lope...
        I especially dislike the new Hope. She is spoiled, self-centered and entitled. I’m not looking forward to her return. I’m sick of Steffy always losing to that loser.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X