Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooke to Bill: Did Liam call you?

I know it's a little thing, but I thought that it was fairly odd that Brooke would ask Bill if he got there before Ridge because Liam called him. Why would Liam call Bill before Ridge? And if Liam called Bill, why isn't he there himself? Though, really, why would Liam be there either, since he's no longer married to Steffy and wouldn't be listed as her next-of-kin? For that matter, why didn't the hospital call Ridge, who is likely listed as Steffy's next of kin?

Understand, I'm not trying to blame Brooke here. It's the writing I'm finding weird. When Ridge asked why Bill was there, why didn't they have Brooke say, "That's a good question. Why are you here?" Or even just say nothing? Two seconds later, Dr. Finn was there and Ridge was going in to see Steffy, so it's not like that conversation was going anywhere anyway. And silence would have been better than saying something that didn't seem to make any sense.

Because Brooke's FIRST thought obviously was "Why/was Steffy with Liam????"

What a transparent piece of garbage she is. Of ALL the things to say.

Just my opinion...but my opinion is based on that comment PLUS the years of history of how she sees Steffy as nothing but an obstacle.

Comment

• GabbyMo
      GabbyMo commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts too!! Brooke can’t stand the thought that Liam might be with Steffy.

And why did it take Bill so long to call Ridge? He would hit the roof if he wasn’t notified right away under similar circumstances.

Brooke I don’t know. I don’t like to think even she would want Steffy dead . If she does love Ridge she wouldn’t want him to lose another daughter. That said I can’t help but be suspicious I think at best though she’s conflicted and can’t be a step mother to Steffy it’s hard to trust any display of concern she may show.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know that Brooke would wish Steffy dead but I don't think she's be all that heartbroken if she were--or were at least out of the picture and back in Europe somewhere. So, conflicted is probably the best way to describe it. As for Bill, I think it took him so long to call Ridge because he doesn't want to own up to his part in what happened. Maybe he was just avoiding making the call or hoping that Steffy would wake up before he had to do so and he could get her to tell him it was okay and keep Ridge from exploding all over him, not to mention keeping the cops from charging him with anything (though, really, that would be beyond Steffy's power if he broke any traffic laws in the process of hitting her). But honestly, the hospital would have called Ridge as soon as they knew who Steffy was and were able to determine her next of kin--in fact, the fastest way to do that would have been to flat out ask Bill, since he seemed to know her so well. Then perhaps Bill could have pleaded with the doctor to let him do that, and that would explain why Ridge didn't find out right away--Bill put off telling him when the hospital thought he'd been called. BTW, I just went back and looked at the very end of those scenes again, and I noticed Bill never told Ridge what hospital Steffy was at. He just said she was in the hospital and Ridge should get there right away, as if there were only one possible hospital she could be at in all of L.A.

• Emerald Greens
      Emerald Greens commented
      Editing a comment
      Not not remotely the only one. It’s either sloppy writing or I guess they know the nearby hospital and it maybe didn’t need to be said but you never know it could have been a different one.

It seems like Bill was waiting for more encouraging new still if things were bad he didn’t have the right to keep that from Ridge either.

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
    And why did it take Bill so long to call Ridge? He would hit the roof if he wasn’t notified right away under similar circumstances.

Brooke I don’t know. I don’t like to think even she would want Steffy dead . If she does love Ridge she wouldn’t want him to lose another daughter. That said I can’t help but be suspicious I think at best though she’s conflicted and can’t be a step mother to Steffy it’s hard to trust any display of concern she may show.
    There is a VERY big difference in how people are supposed to treat Steffy and Hope. Hope is to be treated as a daughter, a child, etc. Brooke expects Ridge to coddle and put Hope ABOVE his own children...which he did many times.

Brooke (in recent years) sees Steffy NOT as family and DEFINITELY not as a daughter (like Ridge is supposed to treat Hope).

Brooke treats Steffy at best like COMPETITION and a rival for both Brooke AND her precious MY DAUGHTER ...and at worst a nuisance and an ENEMY...even extending that to Kellly, who "takes a backseat" to Beth.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
      Emerald Greens commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s definitely true . Which is why I am glad TK’s Ridge is better to his children than he was previously. Before that Ridge almost always favored Hope. Brooke would never think she had to treat Steffy well.

Logan logic, why would Liam call bill but have bill call ridge,really Brooke. Why would anyone call Liam, he's married to your daughter not steffy.

The babbling Brooke will strike again and inform Liam and hope about steffys business without being asked to do so.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      And if she does, Brooke will claim she "had" to tell Liam because he's Kelly's father--and I'm not saying Liam shouldn't be informed because of that. Just that Ridge doesn't need to be blindsided by anything right now, and it would be better if Brooke asked Ridge if he wanted her to call anyone, like Eric or Liam, because he's Kelly's father. And yes, I realize I don't know if she'll do that or not, and if she does, well, good for her.

• Soapwatcher7
      Soapwatcher7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Brooke overstepping once again. If Kelly was injured that would be Liam's business but as if right now, Kelly is fine with the child care steffy provided. Steffy was taking some me time and then had a meeting so the time for her hiring Amelia hasn't expired. Amelia can be hired for extended care since she went to Paris with steffy. These are steffys decisions to make when she awakens not Brooke's. Ridge should be making that call until steffy can make her own decisions. Steffy doesn't call Liam for anything and by his own admission he isn't visiting or calling of his own volition. Kelly looked like she's over Liam and it's cruel to put her on that merry go round then when steffys healthy he disappears for months at a time. Steffy doesn't bother Liam , she lets him live his dream life with his dream family. Steffy wants Liam and Kelly to have a relationship but Liam doesn't otherwise he'd make her a priority and have a routine of either visiting or talking to Kelly.

Perhaps Brooke asked the question because she wondered why Bill was already there.

Comment

• tftaylor
      tftaylor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! She pretty much said that she was wondering why/how he got there.

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      But they should have written it differently--just have her, like Ridge, wonder why he was there and/or why he's the one who called Ridge rather than the hospital. Having her ask if Liam called him made no sense. Why would Liam call Bill before Ridge? Knowing that Ridge and Bill don't get along, why would he have Bill call Ridge? If Liam found out first, where is he? Shouldn't he be at the hospital, too? As I said in my original post, I'm confused by the writing here--I wasn't trying to blame Brooke for her question but wondering why the writers put those particular words in her mouth when there were other more reasonable options.

i tthink Brooke thought Liam called Bill for his support - Bill's being Liam's dada - thats all. In reagrsd to why Bill didnt call Ridge sooner, i think he was waiting to give him better news and when he saw it wasnt coming, he called

Comment

• Reesiecup
      Reesiecup commented
      Editing a comment
      Boldfan4ever I think you are right on the mark about all that.

• Soapwatcher7
      Soapwatcher7 commented
      Editing a comment
      It doesn't make sense because Liam and Wyatt have told bill he needs to stay away from steffy. If Liam knew first it still wouldn't have made sense to call bill before ridge because bill nor Liam would be able to make medical decisions for steffy if they were needed. The only person on canvas who could would be ridge, Thomas, and then Eric. No Logan's or faux Logans are needed.

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, Soapwatcher7--I'd like to think Liam wouldn't be such a self-involved child that he would have to call his father before Steffy's, given the situation. Neither Bill nor Liam could possibly make medical decisions for an unconscious Steffy, and in that situation, she needs her father far more than Liam needs his, both emotionally and legally. Even Liam should know that instinctively if he's the "good guy" he claims to be.

I was scratching my head, when she said that. Unless Brooke knew that Liam went over to Steffy's to see Kelly, why would she ask that? Liam wasn't even at the hospital. I'm guessing the only reason Bill is there is because he was the one who hit Steffy and wanted to make sure she's ok. Brooke's question made zero sense to me. Then again, the show hasn't made any sense to me for a long time.
    Last edited by SharikaC; July 26, 2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, the hospital should have been a little confused about why Bill was there and Steffy's family wasn't, too. I'm honestly surprised that Ridge hasn't started to put two and two together already, except that maybe he's so upset about Steffy and so concerned about being with her that he's not thinking all that clearly.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X