Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I felt about the second round of STILL in 2017-2018

I was (prob still is) a huge fan of STLL, especially the first round. They were HOT, FIRE, STEAMY, and the chemistry between the actors and characters were fire. The storyline itself about Steffy trying to win back the company, like it was an interesting love story. Even in an interview, JMW even said that she thinks Steffy's true feelings have always been with Bill, not Liam. They were each other's equals. I also found that Steffy and Katie's rivarly was much more interesting than Steffy versus Hope. Also, in my opinion, I feel like JMW always does her best scenes with the older cast, like with Brooke, Ridge, Quinn, and Bill. I just feel like JMW's talents are wasted when she acts with the younger crowd, no offense, ahaha. They are ALL great actors, I just feel like JMW's acting is elevated when she is in scenes with the older cast.

I also didn't care about the age difference, and especially their round from 2009 to 2011, was SO good. I still catch myself. reminiscing and watching Youtube Videos about the couple.

However, my thoughts on STILL's second round (2017-2018), when Steffy was married to Liam, was very uncomfortable. They were kinda ruined. Because first of all, I felt that Bill took advantage the first time that they slept together and of a very upset Steffy. Plus, there was lots of manipulation and blackmailing from Bill in the aftermath, and just Steffy not acting interested and focusing on saving her marriage with Liam. I found the entire second round a complete mess, and not true to characters. I like the aspect that Bill was chasing after Steffy, because, in the first round, Steffy was doing the chasing, but it wasn't done correctly; it felt kind of creepy. While, I don't see Steffy as a cheater, it is a soap after all, and no character is immune to being a liar and cheater. Therefore, I feel like the STILL 2.0 should have been a blown out affair like it should not have been a one night stand. It should have been a couple of months of them sneaking around, and just showing that undeniable attraction. Like the way it was for Nikolas/Elizabeth from GH, or Nick/Phyllis from Y&R. In that way, Bell could have still have pleased STILL fans in some ways by giving them love scenes, without making it contrived, and kind of uncomfortable for viewers.

Saying all of this, after the whole Steffy/Dr. Finn is established and they are written as a rootable couple. I would much rather a Bill/Steffy/Finn love triangle, than Liam/Steffy/Finn. I want Liam away from Steffy in every way possible. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by uknowmynameisdm; July 23, 2020, 03:40 PM.

I would much rather Bill stay in the lane he picked and bounce between Katie and Brooke. He turned into much too much of a control freak for my tastes when Steffy was pregnant, and I think the time has passed that that kind of thing can just be blown off as a phase or whatever and suddenly not matter if Bill "loves" Steffy. I'm also beyond tired of triangles and don't want Steffy involved in another one, especially not with anyone with the last name of Spencer. They've all proven themselves to be wafflers who are unable to commit without having someone else in the wings, too. Steffy and Kelly do not need that.

Comment

They ruined Still during Steffy's pregnancy with Kelly. I don't see them coming back from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyla View Post
        I would much rather Bill stay in the lane he picked and bounce between Katie and Brooke. He turned into much too much of a control freak for my tastes when Steffy was pregnant, and I think the time has passed that that kind of thing can just be blown off as a phase or whatever and suddenly not matter if Bill "loves" Steffy. I'm also beyond tired of triangles and don't want Steffy involved in another one, especially not with anyone with the last name of Spencer. They've all proven themselves to be wafflers who are unable to commit without having someone else in the wings, too. Steffy and Kelly do not need that.
        I agree that I want Steffy away from the Spencers. That why I am so excited for Dr. Finn romance. But all of the Spencer men, I choose Bill. They have the strongest following, and their romance is much more believable, compared to Liam or Wyatt's IMO.

Comment

• Ella Munroe
          Ella Munroe commented
          Editing a comment
          They do not have the strongest following. Where is that from?

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ella Munroe when did you start watching B&B because if you were watching in 2011 or around that time you wouldn’t have to ask that question.

• Ella Munroe
          Ella Munroe commented
          Editing a comment
          Bill824 I've seen the 2011 stuff and there was a certain following but not the strongest. I never liked it even then. Steffy was infatuated with the guy due to her daddy issues with Ridge. However, Bill opted to stay with Katie, Steffy was disappointed for a minute the she slipped and fell into the bathtub. Liam saved her life and that was that. Then in 2017/8, Bill stalked and blackmailed Steffy Harvey Weinstein style. He lied about her to break up her marriage. That was the final nail in the coffin and Steffy doesn't want him anyway. I just want creepy Bill away from Steffy. Hello, Finn!

*Steffy can generate chemistry with anyone. Bill is nothing special in that regard. What he is is too controlling and too old to be with beautiful Steffy.

Steffy is too young for Bill anyway. I'm going to give Steffy and the new doctor Finnegan a chance. I really hope they will date for a while and who knows become husband And wife. And yes Bill need to be in Brooke's or even Donna's orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by tammy8722
          Nah I’m good on that. It’s just icky at this point. Honestly I just don’t see what the advantage of saddling Steffy with Bill would be. I just can’t imagine Steffy going out surfing and Bill going with her or to a club or something. Bill should stick with the Brookes and the Quinn’s demographic. That’s where he belongs.
          I find Brooke and Bill much more "icky", than Steffy and Bill. I understand the demographic preference, and thats was my point that I find that Steffy should be in that Brooke and Quinn's demographic because I find that Steffy's personality and JMW's acting is elevated when she was with the older crowd. Like Katie versus Steffy was much more interesting to watch, then Hope versus Steffy. I am also tired of Brooke and Katie's rivalry, because it always ends up making Katie look like a doormat, forgiving the two people who are supposed to protect her, hurt her the most.

Comment

Originally posted by NuttyAboutSoaps View Post
            They ruined Still during Steffy's pregnancy with Kelly. I don't see them coming back from that.
            It is soap opera. Every couple can come back from anything. Everyone is redeemable, and every couple can be revisited no matter the circumstances.

Comment

• uknowmynameisdm
              uknowmynameisdm commented
              Editing a comment
              @ NuttyAboutSoaps

Yeah, it is very ick situation. Right now, I would much prefer Steffy not be involved with any of the Spencer men. in fact, even as a STILL fan and as much as I would love for Brad Bell to revisit them and give them a fair shot, like he gave to Steffy's pairings with Liam and Wyatt, I will be fine with that ship completely sailing. In fact, this is why I am loving this upcoming romance with Dr. Finn, and I hope they are a rootable couple. But if Bell insists of having Steffy being paired with a Spencer, I would rather Bill, a HUNDRED percent, than waffle king and ceo of windshields wipers (Liam) and mom's little boy (Wyatt). Also again STILL were never give a real chance, other than baits, so this is where I stand.

• Ella Munroe
              Ella Munroe commented
              Editing a comment
              No. Never. Bill is too old and he does not deserve Steffy. The age difference was always wrong and it was made worse when Bill was turned into a creepy old man obsessed with a young woman. Trying to blackmail her into being with him.
              Why should Steffy be in another triangle? And an affair? I can't even bear the thought of Bill anywhere near Steffy. As far as I'm concerned, Bill is worse than Liam. He's too controlling and his stalking and blackmailing of Steffy proved that.
              JMW is 33. She should be with her age mates. Definitely not Brooke and Bill. Yuck.

She also has chemistry with a lot people and should not have to be with a much older man. I'm glad still never happened and it should never happen. It is now once again Bill's fault that Steffy is hurt. I hope he gets thrown in jail. I also feel that they are not equals. Steffy is high above Bill. She deserves better.

• uknowmynameisdm
              uknowmynameisdm commented
              Editing a comment
              ella Munroe

I guess we got to agree to disagree on the age requirement. I always thought age is just number, and never thought it was a problem in soaps, as long as the couple is well written for. Like I didn't love CaRidge, but that was due to the story, not because of the age difference.

In my original post and even in my title, I expressed my frustration, on how STILL was written the second time they got together. I didn't like how Bell ruined it by having lots of lies, manipulation, blackmail, and obsessive behavior. I felt that Bell was throwing STILL fans under the bus, when he could have written the story to please both fanbases, and make it true to character. Hence why I suggested that the second time they revisited them back in 2017, other than a one-night-stand, the writers should have written it as an affair. Yes, I would have rather seen Steffy sneak around behind Liam's back. Even as a Steffy fan, I am not blind to the realities of soaps. All characters lie, cheat, and are disloyal, it is part of the genre. I also just think Bell refuses to make STILL a couple because he does not know how to write them as such. Thus, they could have easily just made it like two people who fell in love again, and just give Steffy a strong POV, while she struggles with her love for both men. It would have been far more entertaining that the blackmailing, bribing, and obsessive storyline, STILL fans got.

Also, I could concur for different reasons, Liam is even far worse than Bill. He has string Steffy along for at least ten years, he has emotionally abused her, humiliated her on a constant basis, cheated on her every single time, they were married. He treated her horribly during her HIGH-risk pregnancy when she was carrying his child. I understand that Steffy betrayed him and that he was angry, but this woman was having her miracle baby, and all he did was imposed stress on her. At least during Steffy's pregnancy, Bill tried to help her, and show her love and affection. After Steffy has given birth, Bill set up a whole nursery in his home, ready to take care of her and her child. What has Liam done, other than bounce from house to house, and given Steffy empty promises? At least each time Bill has expressed interest, he showed some stench of loyalty to Steffy in comparison to Liam.

With that being said, I agree I am tired of triangles, especially of Hope/Liam/Steffy, it is awful, and I despise it. But this is Brad Bell, and I do not expect him to ever give up on his love triangles. Thus, I am just stating that if he ever does a love triangle involving Steffy, I don't want Liam nor Wyatt involved. I would prefer no Spencer as well. Like a dream for me would Carter/Steffy/Finn or Leo/Steffy/Finn or unnamed character/Steffy/Finn But if Bell insists on having a Spencer, as a diehard STILL fan, Bill is my choice.

Originally posted by NuttyAboutSoaps View Post
            agreed. Bell ruined Still for good

Comment

• Xyla
              Xyla commented
              Editing a comment
              Really? Ridge treated her better than either of them did. Maybe she should just have her father move in with her.

• Bill824
              Bill824 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ridge’s terrible fathering is the reason Steffy wanted Bill in the first place. Steffy has serious daddy issues which she has admitted to.

• Tahemet
              Tahemet commented
              Editing a comment
              The way I see it
              TK's Ridge is a better father than RM's Ridge

RM's Ridge often took Brooke's/Hope's side

TK's Ridge is far more supporting

That was the year TIIC turn Bill into Harvey Weinstein. Keep him away from Steffy. No amount of rewriting is going to erase it.

Comment

Originally posted by uknowmynameisdm View Post

I find Brooke and Bill much more "icky", than Steffy and Bill. I understand the demographic preference, and thats was my point that I find that Steffy should be in that Brooke and Quinn's demographic because I find that Steffy's personality and JMW's acting is elevated when she was with the older crowd. Like Katie versus Steffy was much more interesting to watch, then Hope versus Steffy. I am also tired of Brooke and Katie's rivalry, because it always ends up making Katie look like a doormat, forgiving the two people who are supposed to protect her, hurt her the most.
              Jacqui is always good no matter who she’s with so her acting been elevated with the older demographic is a moot point. She won her first award off a scene with a younger leading man. I just don’t see it there for Still, never have, never will. Everyone has their preferences though. I think Bell might feel the same which is why he baits them and drops them again. He has two younger leading ladies in JMW and Annika. He probably wants to keep developing her in that demographic. Well Bill is the love of Katie’s life, she will always have a soft spot for him. That’s why she keeps going back. Kinda like Steffy with Liam even if I don’t understand it. Bell has written them that way. Also Bill is a good rival for Ridge which is why Brooke will also be involved there.

Comment

• Xyla
                Xyla commented
                Editing a comment
                Personally, I think Bell trots out just enough Bill/Steffy once a year or so--last year, he didn't even do that--to keep the die-hard Still fans on their "Bill's really Kelly's father!" campaign so that he doesn't lose them as viewers.

• Ella Munroe
                Ella Munroe commented
                Editing a comment
                Great post. Jacqui should not be stuck with the older cast. I never got Still either. Always found Bill creepy in that storyline even thr first time round. Still is a non couple and it should stay that way.

Liam is terrible but Bill is worse and I feel Jacqui has a stronger chemistry with Scott than she does with anyone else. I want to see how Finn works out and Bill should be far away from her.

• Bill824
                Bill824 commented
                Editing a comment
                Steffy had more chemistry with Rick. The only reason you think Steffy has chemistry with Liam is that he is bland without her. Steffy brings the heat whoever she’s with, but when she’s with someone who can match her passion and fire it’s 10 times better.

Originally posted by Xyla View Post

This is where I am. I ff the majority of the show today because of this forced Pops in tears over DIL. He just makes my skin crawl and only worked with Brooke and Katie for me. I usually do not judge on age, but with his stalking and blackmailing a pregnant woman who was married to his own son helped me make the decision to turn this garbage off along with Liam/Lope ect. It should have been Ridge in there with her or Tom.Pops is no kin or even close. He is a ex stalker of a pregnant woman half his age and i felt very uncomfortable with him. Maybe he was the only one who could be on set or something, but they should never share any scenes again until Step gets her new man and Pops can come and visit his grandchild.He has been sickening ever since to me. Of course I never was into when Step had that teen age crush on him at the time because it made no sense.I am just glad for the Dr.

"That was the year TIIC turn Bill into Harvey Weinstein. Keep him away from Steffy. No amount of rewriting is going to erase it."

Ita with this too. Right on.

Last edited by Brandy1981; July 23, 2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tammy8722 View Post

Jacqui is always good no matter who she’s with so her acting been elevated with the older demographic is a moot point. She won her first award off a scene with a younger leading man. I just don’t see it there for Still, never have, never will. Everyone has their preferences though. I think Bell might feel the same which is why he baits them and drops them again. He has two younger leading ladies in JMW and Annika. He probably wants to keep developing her in that demographic. Well Bill is the love of Katie’s life, she will always have a soft spot for him. That’s why she keeps going back. Kinda like Steffy with Liam even if I don’t understand it. Bell has written them that way. Also Bill is a good rival for Ridge which is why Brooke will also be involved there.
                Yeah I see your points and a hundred percent respect it. I guess, again, as you said, everyone has their preferences. I do think that Bell has never given STILL a real chance to be viable couple, which I found very disappointing because both times they were "together"; one of them was not single. The baiting just is frustrating for STILL fans like me, who I think should have a shot of seeing them as a couple, get engaged, or get married. The storyline opportunities are endless with them together.

Also, I never said JMW is only good on certain cases, because I fully agree that JMW is good no matter what. Again a preference thing, I like it better when the character of Steffy, interacts with the older demographics. Like the Katie and Steffy rivalry, and even the Steffy and Brooke, is much better than Steffy versus Hope. JMHO

Comment

• EPJ46990
                  EPJ46990 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you. I wasn't watching B&B during the first run of Still or the second. But, I watched older episodes and I became a fan. JMW and DD have great chemistry (I'm not someone who is bothered by the age difference). I feel like Still has never gotten a real shot, and Bell really messed them up with the manipulation/blackmail thing. But, I've watched enough Soaps to know that characters/couples can be written to move forward - so I'm always going to hold out some hope that the writers will fix the damage they did and try to give Still a real chance.

I also like Steffy better with the older demographic. I've never understood the Hope rivalry because I'll never get the hype of Saint Hope who doesn't deserve the halo Brooke crowned her with. It could be that I like Steffy with the older crew because I want her to essentially take over her grandmother's spot and drag Brooke for filth.

• Bill824
                  Bill824 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bill and Steffy will get a chance if both stick around sometime in the next 10 years or so because they will run out of other story lines. It’s obvious there is too much potential to be explored with their relationship and the fallout with their families from them being together.

I think he would be good for Steffy because he gets her. He would let her shine to her full potential and not hold her back like Liam has. Remember how Bill was with Katie when they first got together. He put her in control at FC when no one believed she could do the job. He allowed Katie to come out of her shell and reach her full potential. Everybody makes mistakes and they can be redeemed.

People who are against Steffy and Bill it’s usally because the writers have ruined them or they are a fan of Liam and Steffy being together. But their chemistry on screen is undeniable and anyone who denies that must be a Liam fan.

Bill has has hands dealing with Katie and Brooke, doesnt need Steffy in the mix too.
                I think STILL will always share a special connection and maybe year sdown the track i woudlnt mind revisiting STILL. But for now its Steffy and Finn for me.

Comment

• Bill824
                  Bill824 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Steffy and Finn should be together for at least a few years.

• Boldfan4ever
                  Boldfan4ever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that would be awesome

[QUOTE=uknowmynameisdm;n30331

They were HOT, FIRE,

the actors

JMW even said that she thinks Steffy's true feelings have always been with Bill, not Liam. They were each other's equals. I

Also, in my opinion, I feel like JMW always does her best scenes with the older cast, like with Brooke, Ridge, Quinn, and Bill. I just feel like JMW's talents are wasted when she acts with the younger crowd, no offense, ahaha. They are ALL great actors, I just feel like JMW's acting is elevated when she is in scenes with the older cast.

I also didn't care about the age

still catch myself. reminiscing and watching Youtube Videos about the couple.

However, my thoughts on STILL's second round (2017-2018), when Steffy was married to Liam, was very uncomfortable.

should not have been a one night stand. It should have been a couple of months of them sneaking around, and just showing that undeniable attraction.

Like the way it was for Nikolas/Elizabeth from GH

Bell could have still have pleased STILL fans

I want Liam away from Steffy in every way possible.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
                ————-

A great thread!

love her with wyAtt ( so loyal he was to her) but next with Bill ...
                Age irrelevant premise on beyond 🔥 hot chem!
                +

A mutual respect n Steffy seem older so it’s perfect.”
                Also Bill is by now, in his upper 50’s not seventies
                so he is still middle-age not (old) yet.”

Steffy Forrester is by now, mid thirties by now, not 21..

+
                I agree 💯 percent x 0806680000687664 times lol
                But I say Nik n Sharon not Phyllis lol

loved
                Liz n Nik but lucky her soulmate! Lol

Always loved her most in STILL scenes just wow .
                Look more yes older imho Steffy even around cheating Liam.”

She perfectly always blend with Dolla Bill to perfection!

STILL could e been CBS super couple easily ...

Yes. JMW did say it about Don Diamont n her and then earlier this year adds how no way she would be like Steffy was being written like a lady sitting around bring lied to n cheated on and begging a man.

I love her more for saying that.💙👩🏻‍🦰❤️ Ill yhough c how her and good looking young dr. Finn are.”

Any 1 but Liam who imho was never meant 4 her.”

Bill never would cheat( on steffy)

treated her while pregnant 🤰 way better than her ex Liam.”
                Both are great( Bill Steffy) and always will be!
                Last edited by Nikki7447xoxo; July 23, 2020, 10:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

If the only choices of "other options of men" for Steffy are between her brainless ex baby daddy and the guy who helped sabotage her last marriage and the family she wanted for Kelly, I say "thanks, but no thanks, don't need any triangles here".
                  They hired guy after guy for the Dope so surely they could have hired two unrelated to anyone else already on the show guys for Steffy for a triangle.
                  And if a triangle with one of the Spencer losers is the only possibility, I hope the ball is in Steffy's court, so to speak, and she gets to decide who she wants, and that she chooses Finn (which, honestly, is something I don't trust Bell to do, because he's too obsessed with his Logan women and Spencer men to let it happen).

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X