• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birthday_Girl
    Recurring Poster
    • Mar 2020

Originally posted by FatedCinderella View Post
    I think *and this is just my opinion* that the reason people began to hate Lope so much, was because from their first obstacle, they have always refused to take any responsibility for their breakups.

Yes there were manipulations, but they also made hundreds of bad choices on their own, yet used the manipulations as an excuse.

- Yes Steffy tried to come between them in 2011, but Liam chose to kiss her (which Hope saw), he then chose to propose to her and marry her on the cliff. But instead of Hope holding him responsible for any of that, they both chose to just say it was all Steffy and Bill's fault.

- Bill manipulated Liam into thinking Hope left him the day of their wedding. Liam however chose to makeout with his ex wife, instead of investigating. When Bill's manipulation came out, Hope no longer cared that Liam was about to run off with Steffy 5 minutes before their wedding, it was all Bill's fault.

- Liam chose to go to his next wedding still half drunk, after again spending the night before partying with his ex-wife. Rick then had othello lie. When the truth came out, it was all Rick's fault. Liams actions again were forgotten.

- Quinn pushed Ivy into the Seine. She did not force Hope to decide to marry Wyatt bc Liam was late. But when it all came out, it was again all Quinns fault. Hope wasn't held responsible for the choice she made.

- Then there is the recent kiss. Manipulation to make Hope see it or not, Liam still chose to return the kiss, quite passionately at that... But Thomas's role comes out, and suddenly it doesnt matter that Liam kissed Steffy back, it was all Thomas and Steffys fault.

The two of them have never accepted an ounce of responsibility for their relationship imploding, they always find a way to place the blame 100% on another party... And I think that's how they lost their appeal to a lot of viewers.
    You summed up everything perfectly. Lope was never a cute love story to me. They are like Bridge. They keep claiming that they are meant to be, yet the way they go about their relationship says otherwise.

Add to the above, Lope constantly praises each other and are praised by every other character even when they do manipulative, criminal, and shady things.

Nothing is ever their fault, even their own actions.

Hope cheats and lies. Liam cheats and lies, yet they are the "good" guys or victims.

Other characters are written out of character, and thrown under the bus to make Lope viable. Lope is inherently uninteresting and can't carry a story on their own.

Comment

• PaulaLi
      Contract Poster
      • Oct 2009

I think in the beginning Lopes romance might have been sweet, but an exciting, great romance it wasn´t. I don´t have anything against Lope as a couple, I just don´t find them in any way interesting. The best I can say about them is, I am glad they are together, if this keeps Liam away from Steffy. Didn´t really happen so far, but here´s hoping.

Comment

• STILL LOVE
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2011

I agree OP, Lope had one of the best falling in lover stories. I still love them today even with the recast. There is just something really sweet and special about them. They make mistakes and mess up sometimes. I love how Liam always forgives Hope for whatever she does. I despise Steam because Liam always calls Steffy out for the smallest mistake she makes. I mean if she breathes to heavily he complains. I never saw the appeal in Liam and what Steffy saw in him.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Birthday_Girl View Post

You summed up everything perfectly. Lope was never a cute love story to me. They are like Bridge. They keep claiming that they are meant to be, yet the way they go about their relationship says otherwise.

Add to the above, Lope constantly praises each other and are praised by every other character even when they do manipulative, criminal, and shady things.

Nothing is ever their fault, even their own actions.

Hope cheats and lies. Liam cheats and lies, yet they are the "good" guys or victims.

Other characters are written out of character, and thrown under the bus to make Lope viable. Lope is inherently uninteresting and can't carry a story on their own.
          Exactly! They may be more overrated than Bridge . Boring and vapid should never be confused with sweet. They are a couple of whiners who blame anyone but themselves and have to have other characters singing their praises like they have actually done something amazing. Then there are characters thrown under the bus for them .

They are like a bubble couple who needs special care and attention just to survive. Yuck

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X