Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Brooke so psycho about Liam?

It's almost as if she has a thing for him.

IMO she wants Hope to get her destiny and NOT 30 years too late like SHE did.

Brooke doesn’t want to see her daughter wasting decades pining for him while he lives with his happy family with Taylor’s daughter....

I think she sees Hope wining as her revenge ....

Comment

Originally posted by justinsane View Post
      It's almost as if she has a thing for him.
      She probably does... he's the only SIL she hasn't done so far, except Wyatt, but we know even her daughter didn't care much about Wyatt so...

Comment

• Bill824
        Bill824 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you forget when she was drunk at home and wanted Wyatt to drink with her? Knowing Brooke she was down for anything that night.

Liam is too tame for Brooke, she likes them a little bit nasty - he is not her type

Comment

• Bill824
        Bill824 commented
        Editing a comment
        Liam can be nasty and aggressive. People seem
        to forget this but how many times have we seen him screaming his head off at Hope or Steffy.

• Boldfan4ever
        Boldfan4ever commented
        Editing a comment
        Still pretty light weight compared to the others IMO

She probably is attracted to him because just like Ridge he can’t commit and thinks he’s god’s gift to women.

Comment

Liam can be hella nasty when he wants to, and usually his nastiness directed to Steffy. Hope is the precious little thing that can do no wrong and can't handle anything so he tries to be an obedient little doggie around he: that's how Logan women like their men.

Comment

• lovely rita
          lovely rita commented
          Editing a comment
          Liam sees Hope as an innocent girl who needs him and he needs to be needed. He always gives her the benefit of the doubt with whatever she does. He says she is kind to everyone and helpful, sees the good in everyone and wouldn't hurt a fly. Then there is his mother-in-law who seems to be able to tell him what he should do and to never hurt her daughter. He obeys her many demands. One time when he was talking to Hope about Brooke, (and extoling her virtues) she got annoyed and seemed to pick up on something between Liam and Brooke. Hope said something to the effect that all men are enamored with my mother.

Brooke is just repeating her own story with Hope. The whole battle of wining Liam for Hope is what it's about, and the humiliation is part of the course.
        We see Hope and Steffy are wasting their time fighting for a man who loves 2 woman, and has a baby from each one.

Comment

• Birthday_Girl
          Birthday_Girl commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with this.

For Brooke, Liam is a prize--a way of proving that she and Hope had "won" over Taylor and Steffy. Brooke desperately needs outside affirmation of her worth and the Liam "victory" helps provide that for her. Not as much as having a man tell her she's irresistible, but it's still a way for her to have her worth made visible, even if it's through her daughter and not herself, since she pretty much views Hope as an extension of herself and treats her that way, too. And unfortunately, Hope continues to allow her to do that instead of insisting on making her own decisions about her own life, as most people in their late twenties most certainly would do.

Comment

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Taylor has been the same way.

When Liam proposed to Hope in front of the press and everyone else,
          we still had Taylor arguing that Liam was just overcompensating and that Liam should really be with Steffy instead of Hope, the girl he had just proposed to.

Brooke: Hope and Liam are in love.
          Taylor: Well, I was in love, and I was married. Did that stop you from interfering?
          Brooke: (Scoffs)
          Taylor: No, I don't think so.
          Brooke: That's what this is about, payback?
          Taylor: No. No. Gosh, Brooke, no. As if you should be lecturing me about the rules of love, you're the one who lives by the credo "All's fair in love and war." (August 19, 2011)

Brooke: Taylor, Liam just proposed to my daughter in a very public way.
          Taylor: Yes, but you still can't discount that Steffy and Liam have been through something, a near-death experience, and something like that can change a person.
          Stephanie: Well, but I-if that's true, then why did he propose to her?
          Taylor: You know, that's why I don't think this is going to go maybe the way you think it is, because Liam is overcompensating.
          (August 22, 2011)

Taylor: But they're still engaged?
          Ridge: Yeah. All in all, I don't really see that this is anybody else's business but Hope and Liam.
          Taylor: Absolutely. Absolutely it is nobody's business but Hope and Liam's. You know, but I-I've just gotta say that... (Sighs) I really have to wonder if all this conflict Hope see to be having is not really just about a moral struggle. Maybe there really isn't, you know, a strong, passionate chemistry there.
          Ridge: Is that the way you want it to be?
          Taylor: Ridge, we know what Steffy's been through lately, all right? I really think that she-- she finally understands what real love is. She isn't looking at Liam like a father figure. He's the right age. He makes her feel good about herself, make better choices, and he does care about her, Ridge. I know he does. I'm just saying if Liam and Hope aren't meant to be together, maybe Liam is the one for our daughter.
          (August 26, 2011)

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Frankly, I don't see the point in bringing up Taylor. The OP and my response to the OP were about Brooke because that was the subject of the thread. But since it was necessary to bring up Taylor and selected lengthy quotations about her, I'll add that at least Steffy is capable of telling her mother no and meaning it when she doesn't agree with her and Taylor doesn't continually push and prod and insist until her daughter gives in and does what she wants because Mommy can't stand to lose. Taylor knows that Steffy has her own mind and if she doesn't want to do something, she's not going to do it.

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I brought up Taylor (and Ridge in a different posting) because I don't get why one character is "psycho" if we have all parents acting the same kind of "psycho".

You don't like quotes and so I won't use them but I don't really get how Taylor is supposed to be the one who accepts her daughter's decision and her daughter's "no" and does NOT push for Steffy to act according to Taylor's opinion,
          when the writing had Taylor on screen doing the exactly opposite from August 2018 to March 2019 - ignoring her daughter's wishes and words, cutting into Steffy's sentences and voicing her own opinion about how Steffy's life should really be like. ??

Taylor on screen never has stopped pushing for Leffy - she just never was seen again after her Europe trip with Steffy.
          _________

eg.
          - from making a scene at the Lope wedding (August) regardless that Steffy had told her mother several times that Steffy needs Taylor to be supportive and that Steffy wants them all to get along for the children's sake
          Steffy at the wedding confronting Taylor that she had asked Taylor to not spoil the day for everyone -and Taylor telling her daughter again how wrong this is for Steffy and Steffy's family.
          Steffy after the wedding cake fight thanking Taylor when Taylor for a moment stopped her angry talk - and Taylor then at the time of the wedding speeches speaking up and that she has listened to Steffy's wish to not spoil the day but that none of the people there gives a damn about her daughter and her grandchild

- making a scene at FC, and Liam being the one who took Taylor to the elevator
          - Taylor ignoring Steffy's words that she is fine and has no complains - Taylor instead addressing the Leffy poster pic and telling Steffy that Liam should be with Kelly and Steffy and shouldn't be married to Hope (Nov. 26)
          Taylor at that time cutting into Steffy's words when Steffy tried to stop Taylor from going there again,
          Steffy at that time begging her mother to focus instead on her therapy and Steffy being worried about Taylor's anger issues

Taylor ignoring her daughter's words and confronting Bill, confronting Hope,
          then Taylor complaining to Ridge that Kelly should have her father living under the same roof and that with Hope giving birth soon their daughter and granddaughter would lose out again.
          Steffy was telling her mother that she was handling the matter with Brooke's interfering by herself - and Taylor was ignoring Steffy and telling Steffy that she shouldn't have to handle anything in regards to Brooke and Taylor confronted Brooke in front of Steffy.

- Taylor's talk with Reese at Steffy's party at the cliff house that had Steffy's guests looking uncomfortable when Taylor started to talk about how Steffy's marriage had ended because of outside interference and Taylor again ignored Steffy's attempts to make her mother stop talking about that matter
          Taylor again going about how the Leffy picture resembles the live Steffy should have with Liam and their daughter.

- Taylor at Christmas time pushing Steffy to go and spent it with Liam and Kelly. Taylor telling Steffy that Taylor knows that if Steffy could have what she wants for Christmas, it would be to have her life with Liam back.

- Taylor at the time of the adoption talking about how Liam should be with Steffy and complaining that Steffy shouldn't have to raise Kelly as a single mom

- Taylor at the time of the Caroline memorial (March 2019) again pushing for Steffy to reunite with Liam and not liking that Steffy was focused on leaving LA).

Taylor constantly ignoring Steffy's words and instead again and again telling Steffy that Liam belongs with Steffy and Kelly, isn't supposed Taylor ignoring Steffy's wishes and pushing Steffy to go after Liam because Taylor did not want them to lose out again ?

And the writers even had given Taylor a line complaining to Ridge that Taylor does not want "her family" to "lose out again" - when Lope already had been married for several months.

Don't think it has anything to do with Liam. When Hope was between Oliver and Liam, Brooke was rather favoring Oliver, indeed. When she was between Liam and Wyatt, Brooke was neutral. Thomas was a villain so of course Brooke prefered Liam. Brooke just wants Hope to have what she wants. If tomorrow Oliver came back and reunited with Hope or she fell for another guy, she wouldn't support Liam anymore.I also think Hope winning the guy is a way to extend her rivalry with Taylor and a way to beat her. Now that you mention it, maybe Brooke/Liam could be the next big scandal. Now that Lope are married, all it takes is Hope defending Thomas again,thinking he has changed and get closer to him. Liam and Brooke's heads will explode and if they get too passionate about Thomas, Brooke may have her next "accident" with her new son-in-law.When Hope finds out, she can run back to Thomas for revenge. lol

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          I would love for Brooke to end up in bed with another son-in-law. Let her and Liam try to talk themselves out of that one.

???
        Doesn't every adult on that show go kinda psycho over Liam?

- We also had the therapist who suddenly complained about communication and that the guy had made a commitment to her daughter but that he might change his mind if he gets to talk to his ex - Taylor running to Bill's office, complaining that her family would be losing out again if Hope gets to talk to Liam ....
        Taylor making a scene at the Lope wedding, making a scene at FC so that Liam, Hope's husband then, had to walk his ex-mpther-in-law out of the office.
        Taylor complaining to a total stranger she had just met at Steffy's party, that Hope's husband should be with Steffy and Kelly and not with his pregnant wife.

- We had Liam's father focused on pairing his son with his former love affair for such a long time.
        A grown up man and millionaire focused on manipulating his son's love life and using his money to manipulate his son into staying with Bill's ex-girlfriend (Aspen, the blood clot scheme, Italy)...... until Bill finally betrayed his son by going after Liam's wife and having sex with his daughter-in-law, Liam's wife, even blackmailing that woman so that she would not marry his son again.

- We had Ridge pushing for everyone honoring that rebound marriage, even when Ridge had been there when Liam had proposed at a FC event to Hope, Ridge had been the one suggesting that they build a big promotion around the Lope wedding .... and then Liam had turned to Ridge's daughter and had proposed to her without ever dating, married her 24 hours after his engagement to Hope had just ended.

But Ridge still wanted Liam for his daughter, even after Steffy had gotten hurt when Liam had abandoned her during their vacation to chase after Hope and had confessed his love to Hope while Steffy was still injured in a hospital bed,
        even when Liam had divorced Steffy once, had two marriages annulled and had instantly turned to his ex, Hope, and Ridge still wanted Liam with Steffy, still was giddy when he learned that Liam had ended up again in Steffy's bed (the night that Thomas had drugged Liam).
        Ridge being there when Liam and Hope walked out with Beth and Ridge had to hold and comfort a broken Steffy, Ridge upset with Lope when Hope got Thomas to sign custody/adoption papers.... - and Ridge still telling Steffy that he thinks Liam should really be with her and Kelly, when Carter had just talked about Lope and that he had expected them to announce an engagement during the family Christmas party.
        _________

We had Quinn going from "hating" Liam to "falling in love with Liam/Adam and planning to run off with him.

Comment

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Even the siblings go psycho over Liam:

- Rick, who first tried to help his sister to get to Liam and to talk to him
          ...and who later got a friend Othello to help Rick and to lie to Rick's sister too, so that Hope would not believe Liam and would not give Liam another chance while Rick then tried to push Hope and Thomas together so that Rick could go after Caroline again.

- Thomas, who wants Liam to be paired with his sister Steffy and to be with Kelly
          - and who has several times talked about that Liam isn't good enough for Hope and that Liam has hurt Hope,
          - Thomas, who makes no secret that he hates Liam and his waffling and who threatened Liam when he talked about how happy Thomas will be when he visits Liam's grave with the women and the children...

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Why does it matter how many people feel the same or differently about Liam? Does that change anything about how Brooke behaves about him?

• CouchCruisin'
          CouchCruisin' commented
          Editing a comment
          It matters because this is a discussion board and that is what we do, discuss. It happens during every topic. This one is no different.
          No, this doesn't change Brooke's 'behavior', but it does show that she alone doesn't hold the patent.

Originally posted by Bill824 View Post
        She probably is attracted to him because just like Ridge he can’t commit and thinks he’s god’s gift to women.
        Unfortunately Beautiful Hope and Gorgeous Steffy (meant sincerely!!) act like he IS!

SC is wonderful but after 10 years I do NOT see the appeal of Liam...because of the way he bounces back and forth like a cue ball...proposing to whichever woman is in the room at the time.

Steffy and Hope are both absolutely stunning women with so much to offer but neither can get over Liam...no matter how shabbily and interchangeably he treats them both!

Comment

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if part of it is just wanting to win over the other.

• Sopranojenn
          Sopranojenn commented
          Editing a comment
          Bill824 I think a lot of it is, I agree. They inherited the feud from their mothers and both their mothers have done nothing but stoke it the past few years!

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sopranojenn Yep, their mothers and Ridge created this mess. If they don’t break the cycle they will pass it on to Kelly and Beth.

Probably has little to do with Liam it’s just that with Steffy and Hope drawn to Liam Brooke wants Hope to prevail. Although it’s not much of a prize,

Comment

Brooke is psycho about SO MANY THINGS...usually men and her relationships with whichever one it is at the moment....but I can't say I ever thought she felt that way about Liam. JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sopranojenn View Post

Unfortunately Beautiful Hope and Gorgeous Steffy (meant sincerely!!) act like he IS!

SC is wonderful but after 10 years I do NOT see the appeal of Liam...because of the way he bounces back and forth like a cue ball...proposing to whichever woman is in the room at the time.

Steffy and Hope are both absolutely stunning women with so much to offer but neither can get over Liam...no matter how shabbily and interchangeably he treats them both!
            It’s Liam’s looks, that’s his appeal.

As for the characters on the show, they want Liam for their daughters because Liam is the good guy of the show.

Comment

• Xyla
              Xyla commented
              Editing a comment
              Not everybody is all that attracted to Liam's looks. I don't think SC is bad-looking, but he doesn't stop my heart the way he apparently stops yours. And very few good guys treat women the way Liam does or manage to get the one woman pregnant before the last one's even had time to give birth.

• ILoveBizzie
              ILoveBizzie commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not Liam’s fault Steffy and Hope want him. He can only do to them what they let him do.

• JTDMom
              JTDMom commented
              Editing a comment
              Xyla, totally agree! We all have different opinions as to what constitutes “good looks” or “good behavior “.

Originally posted by ILoveBizzie View Post
            As for the characters on the show, they want Liam for their daughters because Liam is the good guy of the show.
            It had been the girls, who fell for Liam first - and then the mothers started to push for him too.

Brooke wanted Hope happy with Liam, after Brooke had been to blame for the end of the Hope- Oliver relationship.

I don't remember Brooke pushing for Liam, when Hope had chosen to give Wyatt a chance.
            But Brooke definitely knew her daughter still had strong feelings for her ex because Hope was open about that.

Several times it has been Hope who started to question her relationship with Wyatt and mentioned that she still had strong feelings for Liam and wasn't ready to move on and to let go of Liam for good.
            - Hope was the one who told Brooke that during the pregnancy scare Hope had been reminded that she had always pictured a future and raising kids with Liam, and that Hope enjoyed to be carefree and to have fun with Wyatt, but that she wasn't sure if she was ready to lose Liam for good and to have a family/ future with Wyatt.

- When Hope had married Wyatt, we had Brooke expecting Hope to be happy as a newly bride and then Brooke wondered why Hope wasn't - and Hope started to talk about how her life had changed so quickly from a future with Liam to one with Wyatt, Hope's worry that Wyatt would want to have children soon and that they might inherit Quinn's crazy genes.
            We had Hope talking to Brooke that she had almost reunited with Liam but that Hope then found out about her pregnancy and made the decision to stay with her husband Wyatt because of their baby.

We had Brooke being aware that there had not been another love interest for Hope after Liam, Wyatt. We had Brooke reacting to what Hope brought up, got her involved in.

I don't fault Brooke that she wasn't happy about that Hope's on-off step-brother Thomas became interested again in Hope and pushed for Hope to divorce Liam and to marry him - when Brooke was well aware that Hope wasn't in love with Thomas and wasn't even ready for any kind of intimacy (Brooke even finding her daughter sleeping on the living room couch instead of sharing the bed with the man Hope had just married).

I get that Taylor had been happy that Steffy wasn't chasing after a married man any longer, when Steffy focused from Bill onto Liam.

Taylor too has been aware that Steffy except for Wyatt, has not shown any interest in any man since Steffy had fallen for Liam.

I didn't get Taylor's motivation really, when she pushed for Steffy to get back with a married Liam, even when Steffy had made a decision and had told Liam to marry Hope, and Steffy then told her mother at several occasions that she was okay with it and was happy and that Taylor should drop the matter.

Comment

• viennagirl
              viennagirl commented
              Editing a comment
              But still I wonder why either of the women (Brooke/ Taylor) still seem to favor Liam so much when he has dragged their daughters for 10 years along and has so often switched between them, has betrayed them, has broken their daughter's hurts and trust..... .

Neither of their daughters seem to be able to move on from Liam, but still the mothers could be more wary about Liam and decide to just stay out of it and let the kids make their decisions without any input from the mothers, no pushing to get the guy back that had just been dropped.

• ILoveBizzie
              ILoveBizzie commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember Brooke talking to Hope about Wyatt and seeming like she thought Hope should go for him instead of Liam.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X