Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do viewers ever have any input as to storylines?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do viewers ever have any input as to storylines?

B and B is the only soap I watch (at least for now). For those of you who watch other soaps, or have watched other soaps that no longer exist, my question is: Do you ever remember a time when the storylines were SO bad and the viewers were SO vocal in their complaints about them, that the writers bowed to pressure and changed the storylines? If so, what were the results? I cannot believe that Bell chooses to ignore the viewers the way he does. And why we put up with it. Or is that just the way it is in the soap world? I would like to hear your ideas! Thanks everyone!

No, they don't. Bell has already said it. If you don't like a storyline, turn the channel and watch hallmark movies and other channels. The issue I have with the word "viewers" is how does Bell count it? B&B has 30 millions daily viewers around the world. 30 or 35 millions. How many of them bother to comment on social medias? 100, 200,... maybe 500 on the official Facebook page. It only represents a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny proportion of the entire viewership. Bell and we don't know how 99.99999% of these 30 millions silent watchers really feel. Even the polls only represent a very small percentage. I don't think Bell can really know what his viewers want, based on a bunch of comments on a message board. He would have to question millions of people for that and that's not possible.

Comment

Judging by the ratings pre-covid, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bell doesn't care what people want to see, he puts on what he wants, and the ratings show that.

Comment

I think to a degree, yes. People have been asking for a new man for Steffy for years, I saw that Bell said that, and now he’s finally done it. He might be slow to listen, but I guess eventually he gets around to it.

Comment

I wouldn't care about him not caring about viewers if the show was better written. He doesn't care what the fans think but his show stinks!! I mean doesn't he think if he was such a great writer, producer or whatever he is the networks or studios would be knocking on his door about doing other things??

I watch plenty of shows were my fave has gotten killed off or does something I don't like. But the writing is good and you roll with it. Look at The Sopranos - Tony was a bad guy so were his cohorts but we viewers loved them & rooted for them. One of the best scenes was after his shrink was raped. The episode ends with them having an appointment and he asks what's up her b/c she's cancelled & she's a little bruised up. Viewers freaked out!! We wanted her to tell him!! It was all we could talk about until the next episode. I use to watch Sons of Anarchy and Katey Sagal made Stephanie & Quinn look like angels! And me and fans LOVED her!! We were upset when her character got killed off - we were rooting for the bad guys!

When the writing is good you go with it!! I'm sure plenty of people were disappointed when Patrick D. left Grey's but the show continues to go on without him. Grey's is a great example of a show that is always bringing in fresh characters that you get invested in.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X