Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to fix Thope to make them a viable couple?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to fix Thope to make them a viable couple?

Now ok I am huge Thomas fan and I am also a huge Hope fan, now I know that there might be some people that may not like neither character. But I just so happen to love both and I love their chemistry too. I think that they have the best chemistry ever. And truth be told Thope have way better chemistry than Lope. But I am asking everyone do you think that there's a way that the writers can tweak the script so Thope could be a viable and a believable couple. What can be done to fix them is the question that I am posing here?

No.

Bell destroyed Thope in the exact same way he took a wrecking ball to Still. In order to make Thope viable, Bell would need a time machine to undo his crap writing.

He could have written Thomas and Hope naturally bonding over the loss of a loved one. They develop feelings. Both fight their growing love for each other because Hope was married. Hope ends her already failing marrage. The writers still could have had Thomas learn about and keep the secret about Beth, but really agonize about it. Liam and Steffy rekindle thier love. Every one seems headed to happiness and healing. Just as Thomas and Hope are about to say I do, Douglas spills the beans. Steffy and Thomas are devastated. Lope reunite and take Beth. But, Hope still has feelings for Thomas. There is no lies and manipulation to steal Douglas. There is no lame obsession. A good, romantic storyline could have continued on from there.

Instead, Bell wrote Thomas out of character, making him a mustache twirling villain who is obsessed with Hope and manipulated her into marriage as if Hope has no will power or brain cells of her own. Then everything after that was a cluster bang of terrible writing to accommodate Mary Sue Hope Logan, Gary Stu Liam Logan, Saint Brooke, and to redeem Bell's newest pet, Flo Logan.
    Last edited by Birthday_Girl; July 7, 2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
      YDoIStillWatch commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted this too. A real character driven story. Would have been nice to watch.

• Reason
      Reason commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe Bell just doesn't want them together. He didn't ruin them, they were never meant to be viable.

• ann1
      ann1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely have to agree here and you dont really have to be a fan of a character to recognize undeniable chemistry.....ie Thope and Still....but unfortunately Bell madet hese men stalk...blackmail...and completely disrespect these women as human beings....how do you come back from that? Instead we have steffy playing an old maid and brooke and shauna fighting over ridge...a very "meh" trio if I ever saw one.

I think so just by a stroke of a pen.Nothing is forever in soaps.

Comment

I don’t ever want Thomas around Hope ever again. I wish the writers would fix Thomas’s fixation on Hope by writing that he is over her and was really never in love with her. I want Thomas to be head over heels in love with Zoe, and I want Zoe to be pregnant. I wouldn’t mind having Zoe being skeptical about Thomas’s feelings, now I wouldn’t mind Hope realizing she has feelings for Thomas but he’s trying to win Zoe back. That is the only story I would be interested in seeing.

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        They need to fix Hope's fixation on Douglas.

Any relationship with Hope or Brooke can't be "fixed" until Bell starts writing either woman halfway realistically--which means the men in their lives shouldn't end up being nothing more than glorified purse holders whose soul role in life is to tell them how wonderful they are 24/7. Otherwise, all their relationships become so lop-sided that they cannot sustain themselves without the characters of the men they're with being totally gutted as they become the equivalent of Stepford Husbands.

Comment

• JTDMom
        JTDMom commented
        Editing a comment
        I could not agree more!!

They can fix anything on a soap. Hope definitely had more chemistry with Thomas than she has with anyone else.

Comment

No. I can't see that happening for the simple reason that neither character has ever genuinely cared for the other character. Thomas was obsessed with Hope, and Hope was only ever interested in Douglas.

Comment

Thope could have worked initially because they do have chemistry while lope have none. But right now I think Thomas just needs to move on because enough time has been wasted on that one storyline.

Comment

If I like either of these characters, then why do they have to be pushed together with someone they don't want/ that never has wanted him?

_________

Why should Thomas have to be paired again with the women who:
            - has rejected his proposals so often (at least 3 rejections)?
            - has been happy when he moved on with someone else (Caroline, Zoe)
            - has almost killed him once when he frightened her and tried to kiss her
            - has married him while depressed, but refused to have sex with him during their wedding night, got upset with him at the hotel when Thomas thought she was ready for sex and she reminded him that if he thinks she is then he doesn't see her at all...?

Why should Hope be pushed together with the on-off stepbrother she never felt that attracted to and only called him a good friend (while she was talking about still loving her ex, Liam? (2011/2012)
            Why should she fall for the man who wanted to bed her for years but did not want her to have her beloved daughter back?
            ...the man who did not accept "No! Stay back!" and whom she had called out before when he tried to use his son as a bribe to get sex and she had told him that anything other than co-parenting was no option for them.
            Does she have to be paired with the man who played mind games with her and who used his son and another woman, when he knew that Hope did not want him (the father) - and he still kept lying to Hope and upsetting his son?

___

Why can't Thomas finally have a new love interest who is attracted to him and doesn't have rejected him again and again?
            I had liked him with Sally before, when they both worked well together as a team and had fun.

I don't want to see them forced together again - but the writers always can go again the amnesia route like they did with Liam and Quinn
            - then we had "Adam" even being the one who initated the sex with his wife "Eve"- without remembering how the same woman had bullied him for years and had even once threatened to kill him with a sword that she had made, "Adam" praising how hot "Eve" looked in their wedding photos (even when it had been a badly photoshopped picture)

Comment

Oh, I do think there are ways to "fix" them, I just don´t think I´d want that. I like Thomas, even though what he did was terrible, but I can imagine a cool redemption storyarc for him, where he falls for the right woman and fights to change his ways and his image. But I honestly don´t want the woman to be Hope. I find his obsession with Hope incredibly annoying as it is. The writers always idolized Hope, but -to me-they failed to write her likeable. Or relatable.

So I have no idea that it´s easily possible to reunite Thope, but I hoenstly choose another woman for Thomas. Besides, I want Lope together, because that means I don´t have to put up with Steam anymore.

Comment

My problem is that I think Thomas doesn't really love Hope. He has a sick obsession with her, and I would never support any woman being with a guy like that. It's dangerous and unhealthy.

Maybe if the show did something to explain Thomas's evil deeds in the past couple of years. Like a brain tumor, or an evil twin or a split personality or something major like that. Otherwise, no, I don't think I would ever support Thope as a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Belindaa View Post
                  My problem is that I think Thomas doesn't really love Hope. He has a sick obsession with her, and I would never support any woman being with a guy like that. It's dangerous and unhealthy.

Maybe if the show did something to explain Thomas's evil deeds in the past couple of years. Like a brain tumor, or an evil twin or a split personality or something major like that. Otherwise, no, I don't think I would ever support Thope as a couple.
                  That's my issue with with someone saying she/he is a fan of them and still wants them together.

They never have been written as a couple that is really attracted to each other (Hope even being happy when Thomas moved on with Caroline and Zoe).

BUT Thomas since his return has been written as being "sickly obsessed", while making up his own reality.

- the guy keeping the ring for years that Bill's henchman had bought with Bill's money and Steffy had pushed into Thomas' hand with the order to propose to Hope and to get her into his bed? How romantic is it to keep a ring you didn't chose for your love interest and that someone else has given to you and has ordered you to propose?
                  The ring, that is just a reminder that the girl had rejected him already?

- the girl rejects him, but Thomas ignores that and dreams right after that Hope smiles seductively at him and tells him she wants him?

- the guy who wants to bed her but keeps her daughter from her (and even threatens others?)
                  Showing no remorse for Emma's death and his part in it and even told Xander and Flo that Emma had dared to challenge fate?
                  (His father calling Thomas out on the fact that he does not recognize his son anymore).

- the bride chosing to sleep on the living room couch after the wedding, instead of her husband's bed, the bride not happy about the fact that her new husband pushes for sex when she had told him again and again that she wasn't ready, might never be ready, while she then tried to stall and to get him to do normal things like eating, going to the spa, going for a walk.......

There was nothing healthy about it.
                  Steffy and Ridge called Thomas out on his obsession.
                  There was even a scene (bonus or episode) that had Steffy calling Thomas out on the fact that he had almost ended up in acid because Hope did not want to be in his arms.

That sick SL has played out long enough.

I don't need a redemption story for Thope and a lesson that when a woman says no, she really just means yes (was already sick when they wrote Caroline to make a U-turn about the night she conceived Douglas),
                  that a stalker and manipulator becomes a real love interest and finally gets the girl into his bed if he just keeps pushing for it and ignores rejection after rejection..... .

Comment

• Belindaa
                    Belindaa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with you. I can't fathom why anyone would want Thope to be together or why anyone would think Thomas is capable of loving anyone. The current version of Thomas is extremely unstable. If he's not severely mentally ill then he's just plain evil. I used to want him to get back together with Sally, but at this point I think he's better off alone. No woman deserves that.

Never. Thomas is an enjoyable character, but Hope makes him unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by BericPlusMaya View Post
                    Now ok I am huge Thomas fan and I am also a huge Hope fan, now I know that there might be some people that may not like neither character. But I just so happen to love both and I love their chemistry too. I think that they have the best chemistry ever. And truth be told Thope have way better chemistry than Lope. But I am asking everyone do you think that there's a way that the writers can tweak the script so Thope could be a viable and a believable couple. What can be done to fix them is the question that I am posing here?
                    Hope admits to all lies and manipulations to Liam, Steffy, Ridge and Thomas. It has start with that.

Comment

Originally posted by sundein44 View Post
                      I think so just by a stroke of a pen.Nothing is forever in soaps.
                      totally agree.

But I think Thomas is better off without Hope

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
                        LukeIsDaMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So agree with this!!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...