Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Upcoming Spoiler About Steffy

I read that Steffy gets a new man in a recent spoiler and that this is apparently linked to something going on today. The two things I am thinking that might be interesting to me are if she or another loved one like Eric gets COVID ( which is going on) and she and the doctor hook up somehow or he is introduced this way and the other is that she has a stalker. It is not out to the realm of possibilities for someone to become fixated on and stalk Steffy due to her position and family. There is also abuse or biracial relationship possibility with all the problems that could result, but I think the first two would open the door to new characters and possibilities. Not saying she would end up with a stalker, but could meet someone else as a result and it sure would add some sorely lacking drama! When is the last time there was true drama other than someone jumping from one bed to another due to a " misunderstanding' or disappointment and anger?

Steffy was stalked by Bill for her entire pregnancy and neither abuse or stalking story lines are exactly what you'd call current, in the sense that they're not new to humanity or soaps. They've been going on for years and have been portrayed on soaps for at least the last thirty or forty years. Racism isn't new either, but the Black Lives Matter movement is. So is Covid-19, obviously, but I thought I'd heard/read that Bell wasn't interested in taking that on as a subject matter. MeToo is relatively new, and certainly worldwide, but I can't see Bell taking that on either--or at least not taking it on well--considering the way he writes for his female characters.

Comment

There are so many possibilities for where Bell can go with this social issues/new man storyline for Steffy. I large part of me is excited to see Steffy get a new man and a storyline of her own.

On the flip side, Bell does nothing but disappoint, so a small part of me is dreading what he's going to do to Steffy.

Steffy has already been in an interracial relationship (with Marcus) and a stalker storyline (with Bill). She is the co-CEO of her family business so it would be weird to write her in a #MeToo type work situation.

soapy4life I like the your idea for a COVID-19 storyline where an ill Steffy falls in love with a smoking hot McDreamy doctor who is nurturing and loyal. I also like the idea of Steffy being protected from a stalker by a McSteamy detective who is brave, loyal, and has abs you can bounce a quarter of off.

Comment

• Birthday_Girl
        Birthday_Girl commented
        Editing a comment
        Xyla I looovvve the idea of Steffy getting involved in activism and meeting her love interest at a protest. I can see Steffy doing this, because her kindness isn't a façade.
        I too hate damsels in need of a hero type storylines for women, because they are so cliché. But, I don't see Bell writing a story where Steffy saves or helps a man in distress.
        We'll have to wait and see what Bell and company comes up with.
        What I really do want is Steffy to 1) have a storyline of her own that doesn't involve Lope/Brooke in any way, shape, or form, 2) for Steffy to fall in love with a real man, 3) for said man to have amazing abs.

• Xyla
        Xyla commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think an activism story requires Steffy to "save" a man or for anyone really needing to save anyone, at least not in the allegedly dramatic sense that word is generally used with regard to soaps. Perhaps if the guy and/or Steffy were at a protest that someone else tried to turn into a riot in order to discredit the peaceful protest and someone--like Liam--misunderstood and decided the new guy was too "dangerous" to be around Kelly that could provide the conflict. Steffy could defend the guy because she either knows or doesn't believe he had anything to do with the violence and Liam could refuse to believe that because he resents the new guy for denying him his favored position as the center of an endless Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle where he never had to make up his own mind. Not that he would admit that, but that it would become apparent--and he'd turn to Bill to use Spencer clout to discredit the new guy. If they want to talk about white privilege, having someone like do-gooder Liam use it to the max, by bringing his rich, powerful, and typically unscrupulous father into it would certainly make the point.

• lexyluvsny
        lexyluvsny commented
        Editing a comment
        We know Bell isn't original so the issue will be something silly - like he's poor. Meaning his parents are probably working class people. When the show started the Logans weren't filthy rich they were regular people. Now though when you hear the Logans talk about their past it sounds like they lived in a shed with no plumbing & didn't get enough food.

Another article I came across yesterday further makes me feel that there's no new romance in the works for Steffy and that Bell is purposely leading the fanbase on for ratings. The guy will obviously mostly work with JMW and the story will be informative and about some social and current issue,from what I understand, but nowhere does it outright say that there's gonna be a long-term romance btw Steffy and the new guy, where the writers are committed to writing something the Steffy fanbase can invest in. Nowhere does it say that.
      Bell is simply playing us.

Comment

• Bill824
        Bill824 commented
        Editing a comment
        With a name like SteamForever I think you are just hoping this is the case and Liam ends up back with Steffy.

I think you’re wrong because history of B&B shows that even if a character has a ‘love of their life’ they always meet and have relationships with others. There are many examples of this. Taylor’s relationships with Nick, Rick, Thorne, Whip, Eric. It was obvious she was still in love with Ridge but she was still able to have deep and long term relationships with other men. Also Brooke and Ridge have been married to many people but still end up back together.

Will Steffy and Liam end up being together again? Probably, that’s just how it goes with B&B, but it’s likely or even certain there will be other love interests along the way.

• Xyla
        Xyla commented
        Editing a comment
        I honestly don't care if there's a romance or not if it's a good story line where Steffy isn't a victim who needs to be "saved," and she doesn't have to deal with Lope. If they're friends and remain so, I'd be fine with that--because a real friend might point out to Steffy that Liam is not all that and a box of chocolates and it's time to move on, whether there's another romance on the horizon or not, because it would be better to be alone than constantly dragged into any more of Lope's ridiculous drama and that it's time to tell Liam to find someone else to whom he can run every time he and Hope are on the outs. He has a brother and father in town. Let them deal with his drama for a change.

Spoiler? Sounds like fan speculation to me. I love Eric. Don't want to see him get sick with corona

Comment

Bill824 The name is from when I signed on this board yrs ago, and at the time yes, I was a Steam fan. That has not been the case in a long time, though.
        I am just going by my gut feeling and bathe history: Bell makes Forrester fans lots promises when he wants them to watch, but he never comes through and deliver what he said he would.
        And there are several red flags in the interviews give by Bell and spoilers about this new guy that make one wonder.
        Plus, in a whole decade, Steffy has never been allowed a real new love interest, except when we knew it was a temporary one and not serious at all like Wyatt or a ONS turned stalker-ish like Bill more recently.
        Last year he had a chance to introduce Leo and let Steffy put the Liam crap behind her, and he didn't, and we all know why.
        I'd love nothing more than to see Steffy away from Liam, because that would mean she's not the official Hope/Lope-prop of the show, but I'm looking at Bells past record and his obsession with all things Logan's and Liam and tendency to throw the Forrester's under the bus for them.

Comment

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          You could be right but I prefer to be positive

We have watched Steffy emotionally abused by Liam enough. Liam is her abuse story. We DON'T need another abuse story for her.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          I also just resent the idea that the only way a woman could have a timely, socially relevant story line is for her to be the victim of abuse. I know I suggested the possibility of a #MeToo storyline, but that wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, and I wasn't seeing it as a storyline where she had to be sexually abused. Someone--like an important buyer--simply implying that his order would be bigger if Steffy delivered it herself or would be cancelled if she didn't and then causing financial problems because she told him where he could put that idea would be enough. And I wouldn't imagine the new guy as the important buyer but perhaps as a lawyer she consulted to go after him. Women don't have to be beaten or raped or become drug addicts or be stalked or have an eating disorder (and I've seen all of those suggested as a socially relevant story line for Steffy) to be the focus of a story line. No one assumes a man has to have any of those things happen to him in order to get a story line, so why should they have to happen to a woman for her to get airtime?

• Soapwatcher7
          Soapwatcher7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Xyla I absolutely agree with you. I need something more, I'm so over those tired memes as well as catfights especially when they are over unworthy men.

Didn't Bell already state in an interview that the coronavirus wouldn't be a part of upcoming stories because people wanted escapism, not reality? Maybe I'm wrong but I could swear I read that.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
          veryoldatwtfan commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s how I remember it too.

I read an article that said they got a new man for her...Bell also mentions he's going to do a "social issue" which translates to me as Steffy will need to be "saved" by Liam. I'm wondering what social issue Bell will attempt this time...we know Bell isn't original so I'm thinking - guy needs a green card or guy is homeless but Steffy doesn't know it.

I don't know why Steffy can't be happy for 5 min - I mean isn't it enough they've turned her brother & mother into nut jobs, killed her sister and took away her adopted baby.

Comment

My prediction is that it will be an interracial relationship.

Comment

are they Taping? yet ??

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
              veryoldatwtfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes but it wouldn’t surprise me if they have to stop.

Originally posted by CanadianGirl_06 View Post
            been there done that for steffy - there was no concerns from other characters as it shoudl be

Comment

• Belindaa
              Belindaa commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly! If Bell sees interracial relationships as being a social issue in L.A. in 2020, then he's been living under a rock.

Originally posted by CanadianGirl_06 View Post
            It's NOT original and as controversial as Bell thinks and it's been done to death so it's definitely a possibility!

Comment

She's been with Marcus, who was her first love... the only issue she feared her family might have is because he was Donna's son that nobody knew of yet, no worries at all about the race thing... her family isn't full of bigots and narrow-minded people, that we know of, so I don't know why it'd be an issue now if it wasn't back in 2008.
              But I'd be OK with this being the big story Bell is talking about if it means Steffy gets a new man... I'm sick of only seeing her propping Lopeless, folding baby clothes and getting bashed for being rightfully angry that her brother's obsession about Hope cost her a child she'd planned to raise as her own while he knew she wouldn't be able to do so.

Comment

I so agree with this 100% Lexyluvsny "I don't know why Steffy can't be happy for 5 min - I mean isn't it enough they've turned her brother & mother into nut jobs, killed her sister and took away her adopted baby. So much word.

I don't buy anything Bell says when it comes to the original Queen's names sake. There is no way Bell will give her a new man that makes Liam look bad and shows just how boring Laim is. The other reason I do not buy it is because of who will prop Lope boring selves than,with the exception of Tom,which I want to have a new life and the hec away from propping the Lope stale as all out doors.I do not see me ever coming back to this jacked up show. I would be shocked if they give Step a man of her own as long a Liam is on this show.Mark my words, they will not have her with a hunk without putting boring Liam in there somewhere. Let just say Bell bring on a part time hunk that grows so close to Step and her child and oh wait- Now dead beat will all out of the blue wants to be in his neglected child's life full time once him and his boo Hope have problems.Bell will not be able to help himself. In the end ,if the man fall madly with Step and vise versa,Bell will have Step torn over the dead beat and the flop that is Liam. I would love love love to be wrong, but this is Bell's play book and will be the shows down fall.
                Last edited by JCmojoe81; July 1, 2020, 09:51 AM. Reason: negative comments about actors and/or writing staff not permitted

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X