This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya was a selfish character

Julius was right, Maya only thought of herself.

Absolutely! It was bad enough that she and Rick asked Nicole, who was young, naive, and felt indebted to her sister, to be their surrogate the first time around. But that they had the audacity, the unmitigated gall to ask her a second time to give up her body, not even a year after Lizzie was born, knowing what she had gone through with Zende, was outrageous!

Comment

I could not stand Maya she and Rick will always be the two trashy people who bullied Ali. Which I thought it was rich coming from Maya who was bullied by her father.

Comment

I was really disappointed in the way that story line with Nicole/Maya/Lizzie was tied neatly up and shoved aside. It could have been a really complex conflict, given that biologically Nicole was Lizzie's mother but the only mother Lizzie had from birth on was Maya. And, of course, Rick was Lizzie's biological father. Given that Nicole thought she was rendered infertile as a result of complications from having given birth to Lizzie, it made sense that she might have second thoughts--and that Maya would be torn between obviously not wanting to give up the little girl she had always regarded as her daughter and understanding exactly how Nicole might feel about knowing she could never have a child of her own. Likewise, Nicole would be torn between wanting to pull Lizzie away from the only family she'd ever known and knowing she might have given her sister the only child she'd ever be able to have. There were so many relationships in play in that story line and so much that could have been discussed, but Nicole just signed the papers and that was the end of it.

Comment

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          She shouldn’t have signed them and Maya should have done the selfless thing and given her back to her sister. Nicole was willing to make a huge sacrifice for Maya but when it came time to repay the sacrifice she didn’t. I was so sad for Nicole watching that.

Each character has his own part of selfishness. They all only think about themselves. Reagrding Maya, that's not the first adjective I'd use to describe her. I saw much worse than her. Nicole was getting a bit too close to Lizzy in these episodes. So close that she didn't want to finalize the adoption at some point- I understand why she and Rick freaked out.

Comment

Nailed it. Maya has always been about herslef - thats why she got along with Rick

Comment

I lost any interest and sympathy I had for Maya when she and Rick bullied an innocent Aly just for fun's sake. And yes, it was definitely self-centered and selfish to ask Nicole for another child that soon after Lizzie's birth... like, give the poor girl a break!

Comment

• Belindaa
              Belindaa commented
              Editing a comment
              That was where I started really disliking Maya, too.

Originally posted by DepecheMode_Fan View Post
            Absolutely! It was bad enough that she and Rick asked Nicole, who was young, naive, and felt indebted to her sister, to be their surrogate the first time around. But that they had the audacity, the unmitigated gall to ask her a second time to give up her body, not even a year after Lizzie was born, knowing what she had gone through with Zende, was outrageous!
            I hated the character of Maya. Rick and her were terrible. They used Nicole like a baby machine. I never bought the transgender thing either. As if a man would not have questions knowing he was lied to. It’s one thing if she were up front but, she kept him in the dark. Then their divorce without any reason given, was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by aileen123 View Post

I hated the character of Maya. Rick and her were terrible. They used Nicole like a baby machine. I never bought the transgender thing either. As if a man would not have questions knowing he was lied to. It’s one thing if she were up front but, she kept him in the dark. Then their divorce without any reason given, was stupid.
              agree wit this. only julian had the nerve to say what many was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Boldfan4ever View Post

agree wit this. only julian had the nerve to say what many was thinking
                I loved Julian and Vivian. Julian was horrible to poor Shasa, but funny as hell.

Comment

I loved Julius. I know he was harsh sometimes but aside from the transgender storyline coming out of nowhere, Julius added a dose of reality to the story.

Comment

I think Both Nicole and Maya were being selfish and dumb in a way.
                    Maya never should have asked virginal Nicole, however Nicole should have declined. Especially since Zende told her not to do it.
                    I had no sympathy for Nicole suddenly feeling attached to the baby either. She knew she had to give the baby away. Zende was the only smart one.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
                      ILoveBizzie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with all this. That was how I felt too.

• Bill824
                      Bill824 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok but once she found out she may not be able to conceive again and there was an error in the paperwork, she was completely within her rights to decline at that point. And Maya should have been the one to step in rip up those papers. I can’t understand how Maya can take the only child Nicole might have away from her.

Zende was only thinking about himself. He did not want to raise another man’s child, especially Rick’s child. Nicole would have been a better mother, a better parent to that child than Rick and Maya combined, nobody put the child or the mother of that child first, except for Julius. He might be closed minded and wrong in many ways but not in that instance. He was the only one thinking about Nicole and frankly in that situation given the sacrifice she made and given the bad news she had received, she was the only one who deserved to be considered.

I started not liking Maya as soon as she started talking about becoming a “Forrester” to Oliver and then to Carter. A gold digger for sure!!

Comment

Joop79
                      Are you serious? What did Nicole do that was selfish? Lizzy is her daughter. She gave birth to her and she will always be connected to her. It’s her first born. She was dealing with news that she may not be able to conceive again and not once did Maya think to herself, Lizzie might be the only child Nicole has, is it right that I take that experience of being a mother away from her? They could have come up with a shared custody situation which would have been the best outcome for all but that wouldn’t be good enough for Rick and Maya. Even Zende was being selfish. He just didn’t want the woman he was with to have another man’s child, he didn’t want to raise another man’s child.

Comment

I hated the whole storyline because it was unrealistic. In real life, Nicole would never be a surrogate. I know they didn't go through a agency, but still. Surrogates already have children. And why would Rick have to adopt Lizzy? Isn't he the biological father? Why would he have to adopt his own child? Maya, I can see being that she's not the biological mother. But they kept saying Maya AND Rick adopting Lizzy. That's what bugged me.

Wished TIIC had done more with the Avants. Really like the guy playing Julius.

Comment

• Betsey
                          Betsey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know, I loathed this sl for so many reasons. Like the doctor and the hospital would ever allow a virgin to be a surrogate...where is the rolling my eyes emoji?? .

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X