X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lakergirl 04
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2018

SPOILER! Why the secrecy about the casting???

According to Brad there is a new man casted, who is a love interest for Steffy. So why not release the name of the actor? I been watching soaps since 1995, and the magazines would ALWAYS say the actors name. Now the internet age they would give us the news. This is just weird to me. If he is a big name they would easily tell us, because that would give other soap fans to watch.

If he is new to soaps, so again why not tell us to see his other work or a picture? I just hope there isn't some bizarre lame twist, where it's not really a biological man and it's a female pretending to be a man that Steffy gets cat fished, by a photo on the internet. That's a big issue Bell could do. But I don't see that really being written well, and Steffy fans would get played with that type of thing.

I just don't get this mystery.
  • kahinamah
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2019

Maybe in the end the casting was again not done, or simply keeping the surprise as long as possible, keeping the surprise is good too.

Comment

• Bill824
      Recurring Poster
      • May 2020

I agree. Why not tell us? I can’t think of a logical reason

Comment

• GuidingLite
        GuidingLite commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still waiting for a beloved character to die as announced at the beginning of the year, as well as Sally's one month to live to play out month seven, so....this one is still too new to really be all that concerned, haha....

• Bill824
        Bill824 commented
        Editing a comment
        GuidingLite I’m hoping it’s Liam
    • Boldfan4ever
      Soap Addict
      • Jan 2018

cos its about building suspension.

cant put all the eggs in one basket

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
        YDoIStillWatch commented
        Editing a comment
        This and not wanting viewers to judge before watching. If he is new I don't mind discovering who he is as I watch.

• Boldfan4ever
        Boldfan4ever commented
        Editing a comment
        agree. good point about the judging too
    • Jadey
      • Sep 2013

Maybe it's somebody from another show who hasn't left yet and they need to be discreet about it.

Comment

• sundein44
        Board Regular
        • Jan 2009

There maybe a good reason that has not been completed as of yet.Sometimes a good surprise is nice too.

Comment

• soapfan6
          Senior Board Member
          • Mar 2010

There probably isn't a new love interest for Steffy and he just said that to give viewers hope, So then when the start showing new episodes, SURPRISEEEEE Steffy's chasing after Liam again. Im just playing but I wouldn't put it pass him

Comment

• LancyPassion
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2008

I think if it was someone new to soaps, he would have dropped the name. I think it’s an experienced actor and he wants it to be a surprise.

Comment

• SheilaFan32
              Senior Board Member
              • Oct 2017

I find that odd that Bradley won't tell us who Steffy's new love interest is. Well either way. I hope he won't be her rebound. They actually have a long relationship.

Comment

• nykarenb
                • Nov 2009

I’m hoping it’s Billy Miller. There is some buzz about him returning to GH, but they haven’t started filming yet. So I’m hoping his return to soaps is on here as Steffy’s new love interest. I think they would be hot.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
                  veryoldatwtfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be too good to be true. I’d be over the moon.
              • Xyla
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2012

I think he may be hoping to keep it a secret until the first episode with him airs in order to use it as a ploy to get fans to tune back in. He's gonna need something to pull viewers back in who've gone off and found other things to do while he was running old episodes, not to mention those who'd just plain gotten fed up with what was airing before that and had stopped watching. Bell knows a lot of people have been asking for a new guy for Steffy for a while now--he's even been directly asked about it--and that they've not been happy with his just throwing an extra at her once in a while so she can turn down his request for a date. So, if he can keep the new guy a secret for as long as possible, that may create some buzz and get people to start watching again. Of course, if it's a story line that just drags Steffy's character through a bunch of pain and agony again and gives Lope an excuse to try for custody of Kelly, no matter whom he casts it's not going to work. As soon as he starts tossing her under the bus again, he'll lose anyone who was hoping for a Lope-free story line (or at least one that made them the bad guys instead of her) and a stronger, smarter Steffy.

Comment

• NuttyAboutSoaps
                  NuttyAboutSoaps commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ITA, Xyla. I also think there is a lot of uncertainty about WHEN the new episodes will air, particularly since they had to delay filming after starting up too soon. The longer they wait to make the announcement, the less anxious everyone will be about when so-and-so will first air.
              • carolinabell
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Aug 2005

I will believe a new love interest for Steffy actually exists when I lay eyes on him!!! I really do not think Bell can get away from the Hope, Liam, Steffy triangle. Triangles are really all he can present us with.

Comment

• Appaloosagrl
                  Senior Board Member
                  • Feb 2007

Bell has habit of over-promising and under-delivering, so I'll believe it when I see it as well. It will probably just be a talking blow-up doll! I think Daniel Goddard would be a great choice for Steffy as an entirely new character. Alternatively, I'd like to see her with Carter.

Comment

• LancyPassion
                    LancyPassion commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Daniel Goddard was paired with Christel aka Lily who was younger than him and is around JMW’s age. So he would work with JMW.
                    Last edited by LancyPassion; June 22, 2020, 06:56 PM.

• Ella Munroe
                    Ella Munroe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LancyPassion I felt he was too old for Christel too. Lily now has college age kids and she's in her early thirties. I don't want that for Jacqui.

veryoldatwtfan Me neither. I never got the hype over Cane.

• Appaloosagrl
                    Appaloosagrl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well Don Diamont is nearly twice JMW's age and the two of them sizzled on screen. I've always like Daniel Goddard although not with CK. And while I know it's a matter of personal preference, I've never got the hype over Billy Miller. To me he looks too short for JMW. But to each his/her own.

When it comes right down to it, I really don't believe Brad Bell will give JMW a real love interest; I think Steffy is forever stuck in the Triangle of Doom. I would LOVE to be proven wrong though. Honestly, I've gotten used to not watching B&B the last few months, so I'm just not that invested anymore.
                • Sopranojenn
                  Contract Poster
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by soapfan6 View Post
                  There probably isn't a new love interest for Steffy and he just said that to give viewers hope, So then when the start showing new episodes, SURPRISEEEEE Steffy's chasing after Liam again. Im just playing but I wouldn't put it pass him
                  I agree 100%. I am guessing it is because there IS no new man for Steffy". How many times has this been a "spoiler" and doesnt happen? Like Leo. Like Steffy "dating again" when all she did was log onto a dating site. It was mentioned once on the show and then never again, I dont think.

Won't believe it until I see it this time!

Comment

• juwalker
                    Contract Poster
                    • Jul 2011

New man for Steffy? Yeah right. I'm more inclined to believe that elephants can now walk on water before believing Steffy will get a new man. Lol.

Comment

• Bill824
                      Bill824 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wait... Elephants can’t walk on water?

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X