Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! News about Shauna

Denise Richards confirmed in an interview that her character got married.

I saw this on two different Facebook pages. B&B Online Fan Page and Jacqui Mac Wood Experience.

Can anyone confirm what interview they are referring to?

The last time we saw Shauna, she was telling Ridge that she basically was not coming back to LA and was no longer pursuing him. If she thought they were legally married, that seems an unlikely reaction.

I can't confirm or deny anything, but perhaps Shauna and Ridge had some kind of wedding ceremony without filing any paperwork. You can have all the weddings you want, but without the proper paperwork, you're not married--that's something even BB has definitely established. Now, again, I know nothing at all about what's going to happen, but it would be interesting if Ridge had filed those divorce papers before going to Vegas but neither Shauna nor Brooke knew that. Ridge apparently doesn't remember anything about that night or how he ended up back at Brooke's. Perhaps Brooke tracked them down to the wedding chapel, picked up an intoxicated Ridge, and informed Shauna that their tacky little ceremony didn't matter because Ridge had never filed the divorce papers. Later, Brooke is contacted by her lawyer, so she realizes that Ridge did file them--only he doesn't remember having married Shauna. Now, true, a marriage he was too drunk to remember wouldn't be anything to which he could legally be held, but Brooke doesn't want to take any chances that Ridge might remember and decide he wants to be married to Shauna, so she pushes for their immediate, private remarriage. Then Quinn realizes that Ridge had filed those papers and contacts Shauna. Shauna gets held up trying to get back to LA--maybe Brooke even arranges for that to happen somehow--but Quinn tracks down the happy couple and ends up having to object at the wedding in order to stop it. As she's trying to explain to Ridge what's happened, Shauna--having been texted by Quinn as to where she needs to be ASAP--rushes in and her arrival at a "wedding" jumpstarts Ridge's memory and he realizes he did marry her in Vegas, and he's confused and torn. Then the accusations and arguments start flying, and Ridge realizes that Brooke knew about the Vegas wedding and didn't tell him about it. That, in fact, when she found out it might have had some legal standing, if he'd chosen to abide by it and file the appropriate papers, she kept that information from him, thus not allowing him to make the choice to stay married to Shauna or file for an annulment. Furthermore, he realizes that the bile she spewed at Shauna in Vegas, while he was out of it, convinced her to back off and that he might have drunkenly said something that she thought confirmed what Brooke was saying, though he has no memory of that either. So he's angry with Brooke, as is Shauna, and Brooke is furious with Quinn for figuring things out, stopping the wedding, and bringing back Shauna while Quinn is equally furious with Brooke for trying to work her way back into the Forrester family stronghold via a remarriage to Ridge while hurting Shauna in the process.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      I just want to reaffirm, once again, that everything I wrote above is merely speculation. I have no idea at all what will happen or what DR may have meant by saying her character got married--or if she even confirmed that. I was just imagining where such a story line could go. I have no idea if it actually will go that way or if such a story line even exists anywhere but in my imagination.

I saw a clip of an interview on Twitter, tweeted by Matt Hanvey. She did say we saw her character get married and she has gotten about 10 scripts
    since then and some exciting stuff is coming up, & Shauna is VERY HAPPY! That's the only hint she gave.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
      veryoldatwtfan commented
      Editing a comment
      I just watched it too. I guess she slipped or doesn’t realize that wasn’t shown.

Thing is, we DIDN'T see Shauna get married(I listened to the clip on Twitter), so was DR mixed up? Did she think that had already played onscreen?

Comment

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe she filmed it but Bell decided to cut it?

I can't find any interview where she said that. Just a bunch of those speculation/fake spoiler articles that claim that's what happened. But DR could have said something about it on social media.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they did get married, but I still feel like this is unconfirmed at this point.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
      veryoldatwtfan commented
      Editing a comment
      The video interview is with People magazine TV. I just watched it.

I imagine for the " soapiness" it will come out that Ridge married Shauna and unlike all the problems with prior Brooke marriages, this one will be valid because a drunkenn Ridge is in the position to make that decision and will decide not to fight it cause big, old, mean, Brooke just doesn't understand him or stroke his ego the way little, poor, misunderstood Shauna does.

Comment

Seems like Ridge can’t stroke Brooke’s ego enough. It feels like he’s walked a tightrope during this most recent time with them together. If he dares to be there for his own kids she resents it.Anyone wanting to be with someone who hates their children as much as Brooke does is asking for trouble. Put a fork in Bridge already.
      Last edited by Emerald Greens; June 20, 2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• B-Hold
        B-Hold commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely agree. I'm glad that TK voiced his take on BRIDGE.

Denise did a interview with a very reliable source People magazine TV. I saw the video on Twitter also

Comment

Did Ridge ever file his divorce papers? I can’t remember.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think we ever saw him do so or talk about doing so, but he had the papers with Brooke's signature on them before he found out about the Brill kiss, so I suppose it's possible that there's a secret twist that he filed them before leaving for Vegas. I don't think we ever saw him destroy the papers, and if he didn't, then he could still have filed them before he left.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          We never were told that he did. With a stroke of a pen Bell could retroactive write it.

We did see them outside of a wedding chapel so they probably did get married.

Comment

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          And if Ridge field the divorce papers - GOOD Ridge has been happier in his brief minutes with Shauna then he has been in the last few years with Brooke.

Well, if it's true, then I am sure the show will tease us with the possibility of a bigamous marriage, but I don't think they will actually go there.

It's not a very good start to a marriage, in any case. Shauna and Ridge's relationship seems to revolve around alcohol. I wouldn't be surprised if this is leading up to an alcohol addiction story line for Ridge.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, Bill kind of fits that description, too. We've seen him do stupid, dangerous things while drunk--like cause a car accident that could have killed him and/or Brooke--but he doesn't appear to be entirely dependent on/addicted to alcohol. It's less like they're addicted to alcohol physically or even emotionally so much as they see drinking to access as an option if they're upset. It's not always the choice they make. It just appears to be one they find acceptable sometimes, and when they do it, they really do it. They don't get a little sloppy. They pass out or do incredibly stupid things like indulge in road rage as a result. It's one thing they have in common, despite despising each other.

• Emerald Greens
          Emerald Greens commented
          Editing a comment
          That is interesting. Yes I can see how a person could use alcohol at times and yet they don’t have the addiction. That of course doesn’t mean it’s any less dangerous it could even be more of a problem in that they don’t see it as a problem.

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          Which is why it might be a more interesting story to tell. Lots of soaps have done alcoholism stories, BB included. This would be a different spin on the same subject--that there are dangerous drinking habits that aren't necessarily physical addictions but that can still wreak havoc on people's lives anyway.

I believe there were two episodes that were taped before the pandemic that Brad did not air. One had Steffy & Liam talking at the cliff house
        on the couch. It's possible that Denise thought they aired and in one of those episodes, we would have seen them get married, in a flashback or something like that. A photo from the Steam scene was printed in the SOD.

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          It might also be a rewrite because of the pandemic and the need not to have intimate scenes or even scenes involving a whole lot of touching. If Brooke is upset with him because of Shauna, and Shauna doesn't want to have anything to do with him if he's still hung up on Brooke at all, then that eliminates his need to be embracing or kissing either one of them.

strange she would drop such a big spoiler

Comment

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          UNLESS - given the ratings, Bell wanted her to drop that tidbit to get viewers back.

Out of idle curiosity, I checked on-line about the legality of Vegas marriages where one person is drunk. Technically, that's not enough of a reason for an automatic annulment. The person who was drunk would have to prove that he/she was so drunk that he/she didn't know what he/she was doing. We know Ridge must have been very drunk by the time he was taken back to LA, since he didn't know how he got there. But I don't recall how drunk he was when he and Shauna were outside the wedding chapel. If he wasn't that drunk then but only became that much drunker later, while "celebrating" their marriage, then it's possible the marriage would be considered legal--assuming, of course, that he had filed the divorce papers already. If he hadn't done that, then, no, there's no way for that marriage to be legal. Given Shauna's reaction to Ridge's phone call, I assume she believes he hadn't done that and that their wedding was merely a ceremony with no legal standing. However, if it is true, and Ridge wasn't that drunk when they got married, or has no way of proving that he was so drunk he didn't know what he was doing, then they might not be able to get an annulment but would have to get a divorce--provided they decided they'd want to get the divorce. And even if they got the divorce, then he'd still have to remarry Brooke in order to be married to her, which he may or may not wish to do if he filed the divorce papers because of the Brill kiss and/or because of the way Brooke reacts to the Vegas wedding with Shauna. I'm not saying she'd have to like that--I'd imagine a lot of characters may dislike that--but what could provoke Ridge further is if she tries to blame Shauna entirely for it and/or treat her as if she planned the entire thing because she wanted a rich husband because he knows that's not the case.

BTW, I had totally assumed that being drunk was enough for a legal annulment. I was surprised myself that you'd have to prove how drunk you were--or at least that that's the case in Vegas.

Comment

• hookedonmick
          hookedonmick commented
          Editing a comment
          My question is this....even if Ridge had filed the divorce papers before he left I don't think they would be final in time for the Vegas Wedding. I don't know the waiting period in California or even Neveda but in Texas when I got divorced it was said you couldn't remarry for six months. I personally am wishing that Bell would just start over with new stories. I am tired of what we had pre pandemic.

Originally posted by Boldfan4ever View Post
        strange she would drop such a big spoiler
        I'm not complaining. Glad that she did. Go Ridge and Shanua!
        Last edited by SheilaFan32; June 21, 2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X