Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question for Steffy fans: Do u want any health related stories with her???

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lakergirl 04
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2018

Question for Steffy fans: Do u want any health related stories with her???

I thought I ask this to Steffy fans only. Do you want a social awareness storyline with her or don't bother? I have suggested TWO different stories for her. One was a anxiety pill addiction after the loss of Phoebe. The second was the eating disorder one. I am NOT suggesting any of this happens, because her and Loser Liam are not together. It was due to losing someone she loved as her own child, and while she can spend some time with Beth, it's probably a couple times a month. That can hurt anyone. Having issues with Ativan or Bulimia doesn't make you weak! Plus this is a soap, and you need drama in the lives of the characters. Thomas, Bill and Quinn are my three favorite characters, while I don't always like the stories they are given, I realize they have to have drama or they are off screen!

Someone nicely gave the restrictions of the filming. There won't be any love scenes, no real close interactions with characters and things like that. So how is she going to get a story with a new guy? We know exactly how Bell operates, either she will end up still hung up on Liam, basically the spoiler to Mr and Mrs Perfect. I dont want to view it, but Steffy isn't on my fave list. She isnt my top five fave characters, but I would necessarily put her in the hated five. So that's why I am curious, what do Steffy fans want? Also the stories I chose were because she DIDN'T have to depend on Lope for airtime. It be a solo storyline.

So do you want to see social stories for her? Or no?

Yes! I don't mind it. It's something fresh!
    44.44%
    No! Not Interested in it!
    44.44%
    Not Sure
    11.11%
  • Xyla
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2012

There's a difference between socially relevant stories and illness-related stories. Steffy doesn't have to be addicted to something or have an emotional/mental issue that's connected to body dysmorphia in order to have a story that's not related to Lope or romance. A business-related story line wouldn't require that she be hung up on Liam or require love scenes, particularly since she's related to most of the other men at FC. And she is co-CEO of FC, so a business storyline make sense. It would not also inevitably involve Brope trying to get their hooks into Kelly, not because it's what would be best for Kelly or Steffy but because it would be best for Brope, who wouldn't be able to abide Liam being concerned about Steffy because she was ill--and Liam is exactly stupid and malleable enough to listen to whatever voices whispered in his ears last about Steffy's lack of suitability as a mother because she was ill, especially with something like an addiction or a mental/emotional issue because they could paint that as being unstable, while neatly ignoring the fact that Hope's been addicted to pills in the past and has also not always been the most emotionally/mentally stable person herself. A business story line could also bring in a new guy, or one who was already there (Carter), on a gradual basis with the two of them starting out as business colleagues, moving on to becoming friends, and then, as it became more appropriate to taping, a romance. Slow burns used to work great on soaps. The fact that Bell rushes everyone into bed and down the aisle is part of a problem that could actually be solved by his not being able to do that, due to a pandemic.

Incidentally, it's not just Steffy who won't be able to have a romantic scene--it's all the characters. So why does it have to be Steffy who has to end up developing an addiction or doubts about her own body or own attractiveness, which she's certainly never shown before? If she were a male character, would it be so unthinkable that she have a career-oriented story line instead of one that involves an addiction or illness or a sense of inadequacy? Or that in times that aren't so great economically for non-essentials like high fashion that she might have to be rethinking some things at FC, like whether a line that doesn't have a designer and has had a problematic history at FC might need to go? Or, if you want a socially relevant story line, that she might look around and realize that FC could and should do better about hiring people who aren't white and straight and male, since the only designer they've had recently who wasn't all of those things was Sally? Or that FC could do better in terms of helping out minority and/or female-owned businesses by working with them? Or that FC could get involved in supporting a hospital or medical research via charity work, which would be a good way to bring in another character with whom Steffy might eventually have more than a business-related relationship?

There are a lot of things that Steffy could be doing other than popping pills or worrying about her weight that would still fit within the parameters of the current shooting limitations and that would not involve her constantly propping Lope or being involved with them at all that would also not provide a way for "Mommy Hope" to swoop in and snatch up another Forrester child, which is exactly what an addiction or bulimia or really any health-related story line would do.

Comment

• savytabby
      Soap Addict
      • May 2014

I certainly wouldn't want a breast cancer story since they are currently doing that on YnR with Sharon, but maybe if she develops a pill addiction due to stress from her job and being a single mother and whatnot I could get behind that. But honestly the story I want to see done is a story about the long-term impact of concussions, with how many times Liam has hit his head, been knocked out, and he even lost his memory. THAT is the medical story that should be told IMHO, especially since it is somewhat topical with football players and stuff. But please understand I would not want it to be used to reignite the triangle; if anything, maybe Steffy and Hope could draw closer in their concern for Liam and, while Hope will initially thing Thomas did something to Liam, when she's proven wrong, she starts to lean on him as a friend and truly falls for him and realizes that Steffy is truly the woman for Liam and is the one he needs as he tries to recover or come to terms with his condition. JMHO.

Comment

• Xyla
        Xyla commented
        Editing a comment
        For that matter, if they want to do a medical story line, why not have it be Thomas with the issue, which has affected his behavior, and have Steffy be the one who has to deal with it by first recognizing the issue and then pushing him to get help and eventually having them reaffirm their sibling relationship, which was strong until Thomas had to be the latest character thrown under the bus for Lope? No worries about how to handle romance-related questions between a pair of siblings, so the fact that they weren't being intimate or having romantic scenes would be normal.
    • Boldfan4ever
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
      I certainly wouldn't want a breast cancer story since they are currently doing that on YnR with Sharon, but maybe if she develops a pill addiction due to stress from her job and being a single mother and whatnot I could get behind that. But honestly the story I want to see done is a story about the long-term impact of concussions, with how many times Liam has hit his head, been knocked out, and he even lost his memory. THAT is the medical story that should be told IMHO, especially since it is somewhat topical with football players and stuff. But please understand I would not want it to be used to reignite the triangle; if anything, maybe Steffy and Hope could draw closer in their concern for Liam and, while Hope will initially thing Thomas did something to Liam, when she's proven wrong, she starts to lean on him as a friend and truly falls for him and realizes that Steffy is truly the woman for Liam and is the one he needs as he tries to recover or come to terms with his condition. JMHO.
      Hope was the pill popper, bring that SL back for Hope.

Have Steffy rule the world with her position as CEO of FC. i want her in business SLs. Gte rid of HFTF and inject some new designers in the company - bring back ruthless Steffy. and if Ridge hooks up with Shauna it gives Brooke even less say at FC. Time for Steffy to cut the Logans loose.

Comment

• savytabby
        Soap Addict
        • May 2014

You know I forgot about the fact Hope popped pills back in the day, so yeah Boldfan4ever maybe the stress of now having TWO kids to care for is more than she can handle, especially since she never adequately dealt with her PTSD after Beth "died" or PPD. Liam is too busy caring for, now, three kids and doesn't see it, Brooke is too busy fighting for her destiny to see it, so that leaves Thomas and maybe Steffy. And opens the way for a true quad with them, as long as Thomas isn't using Hope's pill-popping to blackmail her into leaving Liam or to get with Hope. I want it to be genuine, though with his buddy Vinnie able to supply pills that makes me very wary that it wouldn't be written in a good way for Thomas. So I don't know. SMDH.

Comment

• SharikaC
          Senior Board Member
          • Oct 2015

Nope. Rather have Steffy be a kickass business woman.

Comment

• veryoldatwtfan
            Senior Board Member
            • May 2010

I don’t think we’ll be getting creative new storylines as a result of virus related limitations. It sounds like they will just be going forward with whatever was originally planned and that there will be love scenes with real life spouses and blow up dolls used as stand-ins to keep to social distancing.

Comment

• Boldfan4ever
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
              You know I forgot about the fact Hope popped pills back in the day, so yeah Boldfan4ever maybe the stress of now having TWO kids to care for is more than she can handle, especially since she never adequately dealt with her PTSD after Beth "died" or PPD. Liam is too busy caring for, now, three kids and doesn't see it, Brooke is too busy fighting for her destiny to see it, so that leaves Thomas and maybe Steffy. And opens the way for a true quad with them, as long as Thomas isn't using Hope's pill-popping to blackmail her into leaving Liam or to get with Hope. I want it to be genuine, though with his buddy Vinnie able to supply pills that makes me very wary that it wouldn't be written in a good way for Thomas. So I don't know. SMDH.
              yes that is true

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X