Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmy Submissions For Outstanding Lead Actress

Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, The Bold and the Beautiful): Brooke tells Taylor (Hunter Tylo) that her pursuing Ridge (Thorsten Kaye) is not gonna happen.

Arianne Zucker (Nicole, Days of Our Lives): Hope (Kristian Alfonso) tells a devastated Nicole about Holly's death.

Heather Tom (Katie, The Bold and the Beautiful): Katie shuts down Flo (Katrina Bowden) when she invokes the name of her late brother Storm.

Maura West (Ava, General Hospital): Ava confronts her daughter's killer, Ryan (Jon Lindstrom) at gunpoint.

Finola Hughes (Anna, General Hospital): Anna talks to Alex about missing puzzle pieces from their past.

Clips available at Daytime Emmys Twitter page

Maura West got this sewn up. Her and Jon Lindstrom will both win for leading actor and actress. That scene with Taylor was awful. She should chosen when Thomas called her a slut, and she slapped him. TK submission was horrid too. Him asking Brooke about there marriage. The only one I see winning is Annika Noelle.
    i

Comment

• lpatter
      lpatter commented
      Editing a comment
      HERE HERE she is an acting force....Young and the Restless was so stupid to let her go

• Tahemet
      Tahemet commented
      Editing a comment
      AN might not have done herself a favour by submitting as SA instead of LA. People in the industry know how much screen time she really had

• viennagirl
      viennagirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I said it before, but I guess the "leading" category is more about how many years you already have been on a soap than about the screen time.

Heather Tom and Scott Clifton have won in the supporting category and only after that they have submitted in the lead category - and then only in the lead category if they submitted anything (no going back to supporting).
      ____

Otherwise it seems the B&B actresses don't know that the one with the most airtime has to submit as "lead actress".

Before JMW won an emmy in 2019 as lead actress for her work in 2018,
      she got a nomination as "supporting actress" in 2018 for her work from 2017 - when JMW had been the B&B actress with the most episodes in 2017 ( JMW: 172 episodes, Rena Sofer being the one with the second most episodes that year with 130 episodes)

Originally posted by Lakergirl 04 View Post
    Maura West got this sewn up.
    I thought the same last year when she lost. Still baffled about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakergirl 04 View Post
      Maura West got this sewn up. Her and Jon Lindstrom will both win for leading actor and actress. That scene with Taylor was awful. She should chosen when Thomas called her a slut, and she slapped him. TK submission was horrid too. Him asking Brooke about there marriage. The only one I see winning is Annika Noelle.
      i
      i was really suprised at kkl submitting that also

Comment

I don't really even remember the scenes that KKL and HT submitted, though, to be fair, it's possible I missed those episodes. From the descriptions of the submitted scenes, it certainly does sound like MW has the best chance of winning, but it's hard to tell anything just from descriptions, and I didn't see the actual scenes.

Comment

Maura West was phenomenal in that story line and really deserves the award. But since she's won three times already, someone else might get it. It seems to be at least partially a popularity contest.

Comment

I don't watch DOOL or GH, but after seeing those clips on Twitter, wow! Maura West's and Finola Hughes' performances gave me chills. Arianne Zucker's performance in that brief twitter clip broke my heart. Wonderful actresses!

Comment

• soapfan6
            soapfan6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im rooting for AZ and MW. But wanting the edge to go to AZ. I watch that live and it broke my heart. Plus MW already won before. Let someone else eat lol

• LoveVillians
            LoveVillians commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't watch Days either, but wow AZ did some great acting. I could see a tie between MW and AZ. I dont' care that MW won before. If you watch GH, she brings it every scene.

i still hope they give it to KKL

Comment

KKL has the weakest material here. Nothing sympathetic or heroic.

MW and AZ have the best material HT and FH are somewhere in the middle. MW winning multiple times matters little. Tony Geary won eight times, Erika Slezak won five or six times.

Comment

I think it is past time to let KKl get an emmy,but this should have happened when they gave her the Brooke goes cra cra and playing with dolls. That being said,I have to go for MW because she is so darn awesome just reading a news paper.If KKL finally get the emmy, it is long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandy1981 View Post
                I think it is past time to let KKl get an emmy,but this should have happened when they gave her the Brooke goes cra cra and playing with dolls. That being said,I have to go for MW because she is so darn awesome just reading a news paper.If KKL finally get the emmy, it is long overdue.
                or when stephanie made Andy enter the house and brooke was raped

Comment

Just saw the clips, and honestly I don't think KKL can win with what she submitted. While AZ was great in the scene, I'm not even sure it's enough for her to win. It is definitely Maura's to lose, with the surprise winner being Heather Tom. As much as I love FH and playing twins often is resulted in nominations and wins, the Alex/Anna story overall has been mostly a convoluted mess IMO, so I don't think she'll win. But she could be the dark horse pulls out the surprise win: So, bottom line, if not MW, then most likely HT or FH.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                    Just saw the clips, and honestly I don't think KKL can win with what she submitted. While AZ was great in the scene, I'm not even sure it's enough for her to win. It is definitely Maura's to lose, with the surprise winner being Heather Tom. As much as I love FH and playing twins often is resulted in nominations and wins, the Alex/Anna story overall has been mostly a convoluted mess IMO, so I don't think she'll win. But she could be the dark horse pulls out the surprise win: So, bottom line, if not MW, then most likely HT or FH.
                    HT was pretty good with the kidney SL

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X