Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

When the show returns, do you think they should mention the pandemic?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AnnMagda
    Executive Poster
    • May 2013

When the show returns, do you think they should mention the pandemic?

When the show resumes filming, do you think they should write the current situation into the show, or just keep going as if things are normal in the B&B world?

I can see some advantages to actually acknowledging that things are different, as it would be easier to explain the actors social distancing if the characters are also social distancing. And they could do video chat or phone scenes in order to include characters who could otherwise not take part in storylines due to the actors being in a risk group. It would also allow for more natural scenes with only one person in a room. And we could have quarantined lovers pining for each other, or family members missing each other, which could actually be written in a way that deepens the relationships on the show because when there's no physical interaction, good talks are everything.
  • Boldfan4ever
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jan 2018

a no from me - we need some escapism

Comment

• 1catlover3
      1catlover3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree we have had enough.
  • veryoldatwtfan
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2010

I’d rather not think about the virus for a half hour.

Comment

• Quintessential
      Senior Board Member
      • Aug 2016

Yes I think it should be acknowledged in the show That way 30 years from now when they're showing old reruns this period in time will be remembered. Maybe with words such as social distancing. I'm not sure how I'd feel about seeing the actors wearing face masks but if that's what it takes to keep them safe then I'll roll with it.

Comment

• Jadey
        • Sep 2013

I can do without hearing about it on there.
        If they can't figure out how to tape it with the characters at a normal distance as they would be irl, then it's time to get new directors and technicians that know how.

Comment

• LoveVillians
          LoveVillians commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree they should find a way with the taping. When an actor plays twins, they show both of them on the screen together. They need to use their imagination. I wouldn't mind if the characters wore mask. I don't want to hear about it. I dont' want anybody to get the Covid - wait...this would be a great time to back-burn Lope and Brooke with it.
      • Jadey
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Boldfan4ever View Post
        a no from me - we need some escapism
        Originally posted by veryoldatwtfan View Post
        I’d rather not think about the virus for a half hour.
        Totally. I'm so done with it.

Comment

• Xyla
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2012

I think it depends. If it's the only reasonable way to address distinct differences in the way in which characters are interacting, due to filming restrictions, then I think they need to acknowledge the pandemic. If they can work around that creatively, then I don't care whether they do or don't. I will say, however, that my faith in Bell's ability to work around anything creatively is slim to none.

Comment

• Belindaa
            Contract Poster
            • Apr 2010

Yes, they need to acknowledge it. No, they don't need to dwell on it, unless they come up with a good story line on the topic.

I don't see that any type of creativity is going to account for why everyone has to be 6 feet apart all the time, or why the characters can't speak when they are closer than that. Plus no kissing and minimal touching.

Comment

• Belindaa
              Belindaa commented
              Editing a comment
              Xyla I hadn't thought of the kids, but I think you are right. I can't see parents allowing the child actors on the show right now. IMO, the show can easily do without them for a while. It would be a nice break, actually. I also think John McCook might choose to stay off the show for a while, and any of the other actors who have young kids, like JMW and SC. Then again, the show might just make it work for them, so who knows?

• Xyla
              Xyla commented
              Editing a comment
              The list of underlying health conditions that can make one more likely to suffer serious issues after contracting Covid-19 is rather a long one. For all we know, it may affect a number of actors and/or people in their lives with whom they interact regularly off the set.

• Belindaa
              Belindaa commented
              Editing a comment
              Xyla True, we have no idea about the cast member's health conditions.
          • B-Hold
            Day Player
            • Nov 2012

They could use COVID-19 as the reason Flo died. She was taken to the hospital, discovered to have COVOID-19 and died from it.

Comment

• creation
              creation commented
              Editing a comment
              Or Sally could actually die from it, since she's already pretending to be dying anyhow, so it would only serve her right!

• Chabby lover
              Chabby lover commented
              Editing a comment
              I would love this idea!!!! It would be great for Flo to have died from the COVID-19 it would make an interesting story line and Flop has already served her purpose she is not needed anymore on the show.

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              creation - Nah. The baby selling Felony Flo shoudl be the one to die. B&B doesn't need another duplicitous Logan. A character that is neither a Logan or a Spencer is needed more.
          • Boldfan4ever
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by B-Hold View Post
            They could use COVID-19 as the reason Flo died. She was taken to the hospital, discovered to have COVOID-19 and died from it.

Comment

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              Flo served her purpose, now she can go.
          • spuilding
            Scriptwriter
            • May 2005

I'd stop watching if they wrote in the pandemic.

Comment

• creation
              Board Regular
              • Sep 2018

I think that the last thing people need right now is another reminder of that cursed pandemic. I think we all could use a well deserved break, even if it's just escaping to the fantasy land of soaps for an hour or two.

Comment

• Boldfan4ever
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by creation View Post
                I think that the last thing people need right now is another reminder of that cursed pandemic. I think we all could use a well deserved break, even if it's just escaping to the fantasy land of soaps for an hour or two.
                yep that is true - we are in desperate need of escapism

Comment

• AnnMagda
                  Executive Poster
                  • May 2013

I didn't mean I want to see anyone get sick or die on the show (I don't). I just think that, if done well, the social distancing situation could be an opportunity to explore more in-depth character based writing, since a lot of the "easy" solutions won't be available. Like, let's see what these characters do when they are alone and nobody's watching. Let's see what they do when they can't go wherever they want and see whomever they please. Let's see how a couple or a family grows closer, or further apart, when the only people they see for weeks are each other. Let's see a slow burn online romance. If done right, this could really let us get to know the characters in new ways (I've missed the character based writing on the show for many years).

Comment

• Boldfan4ever
                    • Jan 2018

The show is already is too dark

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X