Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separating the Logans and Forrester

Bell's favorite characters are Hope, Liam and Brooke. From the boards, most viewers want them back-burned. Fans want a story that doesn't have the Forrester and Logans mixed together. Viewers have wanted a new man or story for Steffy for years They have also wanted something new for Katie and Quinn. It is time for these fans to get something for their favorite character. Bell also needs to bring on some non-related men.

I would love a story with just Donna, Brooke, Hope, Liam, Flo and Wyatt leaving Forrester and creating careers on their own. Let Hope stick with Liam and Brooke with Bill. This team needs to struggle for awhile. Brooke needs to pay for what she did to Katie. Hope and Flo needs some screen time. I would love to see tension between Liam and Wyatt over him picking Flo over Sally. They also need to resolve Flo's part int he baby-stealing story. The Logans to me are more drama.

Then a business/fashion story with Steffy, Steffy new man, Ridge, Thomas, Sally, Katie, Katie's new man, Quinn and Eric. This team needs to have more fun and entertaining. To me ,the Forrester are a more balance/fun group.

I would like the Logans to be shown on Monday and Tuesday and the Forrestor on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday they take turns. Have a site that characters can interact with viewers and rate the show.

During this break, I have found more entertaining programs to watch. Bell is going to have to do something to keep viewers. His reruns are coming in fourth place, especially the ones with his favorites.

The only part that I sorta disagree with is "Hope and Flo need some more screen time".

With all due respect, but both actresses and their characters since coming to the show have been eating it alive, along with Bells other two faves: how much more screen time do they have to get before everyone is sick of seeing them?
    There's many characters that haven't had a SL in ages or that only get used as plot points in spite of having been on this show or on soaps in general for yrs.
    Apart from that, ITA that Forresters and Logan's need separate stories. And the show badly needs more unrelated men and some more Forresters back.

Comment

• lovely rita
      lovely rita commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree....Hope & Flo have been monopolizing this show for over 2 years. Enough is enough. Also monopolizing
      the show is Brooke, Thomas & Douglas. I'm way over them and hope we get more balance when production
      resumes next week.

I also would like to see more Forresters brought back with their own story apart from the Logans.
      The Logans (and that includes Liam Logan) saturated the one story for far too long.

• JTDMom
      JTDMom commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally agree!

I would love for the Forresters and Logans to be completely separated, never to interact again. We need that because the show’s fans are too divided. We need one half for the Forresters and one half for the Logans.

I would want Sally opening Spectra and the Logans all helping her.

The only trouble is the show’s blessing and curse, the hero Liam. BOTH Logan AND Forrester fans want this guy big time, so we have to decide once and for all who gets him and then good luck trying to find a replacement man for the loser.

Of course I want Liam for Hope but then I know whoever they bring in for Steffy won’t measure up (or vice versa if they give Liam to Steffy), so that is why I keep saying please just write a twin for Liam and end this 30 something year old war, so we can ALL enjoy our show.

I think most of us are by now sick of battling. The real world is not in the place it was in the 80s and 90s so fan wars aren’t fun anymore and we need peaceful distractions.

I also think your idea of some days Logan, some days Forrester would work or they could just feature all but in separate scenes and we can just ignore the ones we don’t like.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless you can prove that "BOTH Logan and Forrester fans" want Liam for their very own, please stop repeating it in every post as some kind of proof of what's best for the show or its viewers.

• ILoveBizzie
      ILoveBizzie commented
      Editing a comment
      My proof is in the CBS SID polls and comments on FB and Twitter. And the amount of discussion Liam inspires. That’s all I have to offer.

• ILoveBizzie
      ILoveBizzie commented
      Editing a comment
      But anyway I won’t say it anymore because I don’t want tension and it can tend to get heated when discussing Liam.

Steffy seems to be enjoying being that single mom and independent woman maybe it will stay that way. I would like to see Mary Warwick, Phoebe Forrester, back on the show. I want to see there love life's explored more than anything. Since things didn't work out with Katie. Windsor's Thorne should be brought back and paired with Flo's mom Shauna. Also the Ramirez and Avant families need to return on a regular basis. Have no comment regarding Hope accept that I want her to exit the show

Comment

I only care about Flo/Wyatt. Flo never was a good fit at FC (she was not really that interested to begin with, Hope was being too pushy.). Plus i think they will work at SP together at some point.
      But that is what i think. Depending on how this current mess goes, she may get fired (or simply replaced) from Bikini probably because of Sally's shenanigans. But we will see.
      Idk what i would like for them to do, but i hope it's something more fresh and not connected to free silk scarfs.

Comment

• Lakergirl 04
        Lakergirl 04 commented
        Editing a comment
        Flo has no skills to work at SP.; She is a got damn Leech and joke.

• Soapsbarbie
        Soapsbarbie commented
        Editing a comment
        Lakergirl 04 totally agree, hopefully they wise up after they come back and kill Flo completely off useless character that fans want gone.

Wed Thur would be the Forresters with Felicia and Kristin returning due to the loss of her hubby.Fridays could be the day for the Spencers, Spectras Avants, and others. Mon Tues would be the Logans with Rick's return as a single dad.
      Last edited by Isis; June 11, 2020, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isis View Post
        Wed Thur would be the Forresters with Felicia and Kristin returning due to the loss of her hubby.Fridays could be the day for the Spencers, Spectras Avants, and others. Mon Tues would be the Logans with Rick's return as a single dad.
        im ok with kristen coming back if she isnt boring

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaFan32 View Post
          Steffy seems to be enjoying being that single mom and independent woman maybe it will stay that way. I would like to see Mary Warwick, Phoebe Forrester, back on the show. I want to see there love life's explored more than anything. Since things didn't work out with Katie. Windsor's Thorne should be brought back and paired with Flo's mom Shauna. Also the Ramirez and Avant families need to return on a regular basis. Have no comment regarding Hope accept that I want her to exit the show
          Well you know Hope existing is not going to happen.

Comment

So, to me the opportunity that is being missed here is having a 'lovers torn apart by their families' story - it's okay to have the two families at odds with each other, but to be honest that breaks up Ridge and Brooke (arguably the show's signature couple) and puts a strain on Rick and Bridget as they are Logan and Forrester both....as is R.J. - as is Marcus (via his adoption).....they've interwoven the families so much over the years of the show that it would ruin most of the show's relationships (be they romantic or just familial).....

Comment

One of the BEST time I remember was when Taylor and Ridge faced Morgan antics while Brooke was busy chasing after Thorne.

Then the 2 major fan bases were happy ...

Lope can face whatever they want as long as Steffy and Thomas are AWAY from them ...

what about them trying to save their mother when she’s kidnapped again by Blake s daughter ... who falls for Thomas

and Steffy MUST get another love interest.. one in Herndon league... gorgeous successful sexy ...

Comment

I see that the OP is stating that "from the boards" most viewers want them backburnered. While that may be true of this board, and even some others, TPTB look at audience feedback from more sources than simply these boards. It's also true that some viewers find it less entertaining to post on certain boards because they enjoy Brooke, or Liam, or Hope.

That said, if certain characters are always on screen, it's likely because the show runners have access to data showing that it's working on some level. Individual fans may not agree, but collectively, they will make changes if their data shows that it's no longer working for them.

Comment

• GoalieMom
                  GoalieMom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you thecourt99!

Online message boards are only one source, and a small one at that, of viewers opinions of the show. While ratings may hold a little more weight, even that is not a true complete picture of viewer opinion of the show. B&B airs in over 100 countries with an estimated daily audience of over 35 million people globally. Neilson's ratings accounts for about 10% of those viewers.

It all depends on your source of information. There are plenty of sites out there to dislike some of the most popular characters here.

• ILoveBizzie
                  ILoveBizzie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thecourt99 Good points. I know many Logan fans who abandoned the boards. I am not interested in them much anymore either, particularly to post about Brooke or Hope. I won’t debate the triangle anymore nor Brooke vs Taylor. It just gets too negative and hyped for me. There’s no fun to it. And with the world having so much negativity in real life, who needs it on a debate over fictional characters of all things.

That said, ratings improved during times when Lope got 5 minutes of happiness. As a Lope fan I refused to watch the Thomas harassment story and much of the period when Hope thought Beth was dead.

• Sharkswin
                  Sharkswin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree. Also, it's no big secret that soaps are a dying genre, so the ratings will continue to go down from year to year..no matter which character is front and center the most. The ratings today will never be back up to the level of 8 or 10 years ago..it's the reality.

Are we honestly talking about soap segregation? Hard pass from me. Fans need to just watch Bell's show or not!

Comment

• Sharkswin
                  Sharkswin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IKR?! Why would Bell segregate like that? Makes no sense to me..especially since the two main families have been on since day one.

• ILoveBizzie
                  ILoveBizzie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it’s a good idea. There’s such a divide between fans of the Forrester family and fans of the Logans that it’s impossible for both fan bases to enjoy the show. And it’s like one side has to suffer for the other to be happy. I haven’t seen anything like this in other soap fandoms.

So I believe it would be better to let the Logans have their own story and the Forresters their own and maybe bring a couple new families on, one for the Logans to interact with and one for the Forresters to interact with.

I honestly would be happy to never have Hope interact with Steffy again or Brooke with Ridge.

I do not agree, that would be like tearing apart the history of the show which rivalry between the founding families kept the show on the air this long.I think also it would be a ratings killer which the show cannot afford right now, only half would watch for their favourites.We will be lucky to get the show back on the air with all the restrictions and their priority to keep all safe.

Comment

I am one of the few fans who enjoys Brooke (away from Ridge) but has no interest in watching Hope or Liam do anything. I don't think Brooke needs back burnered I just thinks he needs to be written better. And I would rather watch Bill and Wyatt over Liam any day. I'd rather they bring back Rick over Liam
                  Shelly, Moderator
                  soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by sundein44 View Post
                    I do not agree, that would be like tearing apart the history of the show which rivalry between the founding families kept the show on the air this long.I think also it would be a ratings killer which the show cannot afford right now, only half would watch for their favourites.We will be lucky to get the show back on the air with all the restrictions and their priority to keep all safe.
                    At one time, there could be several stories during the same show. Why couldn’t Steffy have a SL with her new beau while Lope is in another ? I couldn’t care less about Liam or Hope and even Steffy can’t drag me in ... on the contrary

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X