Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold's Outstanding Drama Series Reel

This is the submission:
    The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS): Hope (Annika Noelle) is alone with Dr. Buckingham (Wayne Brady) when she passes out while giving birth to Beth. Liam (Scott Clifton) is in a wild helicopter ride trying to reach Catalina as quickly as possible.

I have no idea what other shows might submit, but I'd think they might have gone with something that included more significant dialogue and conflicts for multiple characters---except, I suppose, that they didn't have that kind of multi-layered, character-driven writing to showcase, did they?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyla View Post
      I have no idea what other shows might submit, but I'd think they might have gone with something that included more significant dialogue and conflicts for multiple characters---except, I suppose, that they didn't have that kind of multi-layered, character-driven writing to showcase, did they?
      yeah i was surprised with this selection also

Comment

Wow, those scenes aired January 3rd and 4th, 2019, so they just barely qualified for consideration. They were excellent scenes, though. I am not surprised that they were chosen.

Comment

i though when Hope found out about Beth or when Liam did from Douglas was more powerful. or even when Liam broke the news to Hope that Beth "died".

Comment

Is there a reel BB submitted this year in any category (except HTom's, who usually gets repetitive stuff specifically written about either Katie's illness or a betrayal by Brill) that doesn't involve the same SL and couple? Silly me, of course not.

Comment

I think YnR will win it this year. They submitted the tribute episodes for KSJ.

Comment

• SharikaC
                SharikaC commented
                Editing a comment
                I stopped watching Y&R a long time ago. But I turned in to watch their tribute to KSJ/Neil Winters. Thought it was well done. He's been on the show for many years and was clearly beloved by his co-workers. I bet no one was acting and I'm sure it was difficult for them to stay in character.. I hoped the show would submit this as their Emmy reel for Best Drama. Hope they win.

• NuttyAboutSoaps
                NuttyAboutSoaps commented
                Editing a comment
                There's a good chance they will sweep the awards with those episodes. Bryton James and Christel Khalil are both nominated and did excellent work in those scenes.

Originally posted by SteamForever View Post
              Is there a reel BB submitted this year in any category (except HTom's, who usually gets repetitive stuff specifically written about either Katie's illness or a betrayal by Brill) that doesn't involve the same SL and couple? Silly me, of course not.
              how can there be? there were no other storylines

Comment

• lilyboom
                lilyboom commented
                Editing a comment
                Right on the mark boldfan4ever!

Is there a link to see the reels?

Comment

I had watched the KSJ tribue episodes and they were fantastic. Superb acting all around.
                Judging from the clips, Y&R was the best to me. My second choice is actually B&B. Without knowing the actual storyline and just going by the clips, the hospital and helicopter scene had drama.

Here is the link from twitter to see the clips: (hopefully it works!)

https://twitter.com/DaytimeEmmys/sta...07683396009986
                Last edited by Birthday_Girl; June 17, 2020, 11:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Birthday_Girl View Post
                  I had watched the KSJ tribue episodes and they were fantastic. Superb acting all around.
                  Judging from the clips, Y&R was the best to me. My second choice is actually B&B. Without knowing the actual storyline and just going by the clips, the hospital and helicopter scene had drama.

Here is the link from twitter to see the clips: (hopefully it works!)

https://twitter.com/DaytimeEmmys/sta...07683396009986
                  What made the Y&R clips so worthy in my opinion, is that no one was acting. That was gut-wrenching grief. I remember watching the actor's personal memorial and they all stated how hard it was because the grief was real.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                    Is there a link to see the reels?
                    you can find them all on twitter on daytime emmys page

Comment

Just saw them. Thank you Birthday_Girl. Definitely think YnR's was the strongest, and it will be theirs to lose. BnB was good too with the drama of it all and it featured its two main players, so they could sneak in a win. Unless there's more to the real that we didn't see, both DOOL and GH fell flat to me. Though ME was very good as Scrooge .

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                        Just saw them. Thank you Birthday_Girl. Definitely think YnR's was the strongest, and it will be theirs to lose. BnB was good too with the drama of it all and it featured its two main players, so they could sneak in a win. Unless there's more to the real that we didn't see, both DOOL and GH fell flat to me. Though ME was very good as Scrooge .

iF bb WIN, WE WILL SEE MORE OF lope FOE EVER

Comment

Just watched the four clips. If Y&R doesn't win, it's a joke. What their scenes do is what soaps do best--character-driven drama that doesn't require helicopters or ripping off Dickens' most ripped off work (and one he didn't even like himself and basically wrote because he needed the money and knew a Christmas book would sell). And yeah, part of the reason it's so gut-wrenching is due to what happened IRL, but the fact that they were able to work that into a script in a respectful, loving manner that didn't use it in a cheap way, just to pull in attention to the show, counts in their favor.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X