Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened??? More Sets...Face Paced...Interesting Conversations

I was watching the episode with Sally & Steph & the pool!! What happened to all these sets?? Macy was at some cabin I had never seen. Steph was in a sunroom/pool area. Felicia had her office at Spectra. Not to mention we saw Sally's office, the reception area AND even the elevator!! What happened to these sets??

Not to mention how face-paced the show seemed. I mean there was no shots of LA and conversations were moving along!! Steph & Sally bickering was a TRUE fight. Not some nonsense where one person completely insults the other while the other person stands there and puts up with it!! Felicia & Clarke (I didn't even remember them as an sort of duo) had a conversation that advanced the story and didn't say the same thing to each other several times.

The only thing that might have been better was if maybe the intro wasn't from Scott Clifton - KKL or JMC might have been better since they were around those days.

Well, for one, the whole Spectra set is gone since Bill blew it up. The last time I remember seeing the outdoor pool area of the Forrester Mansion was when Beth Logan drowned 10 years ago.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      They did use a pool set a few years back for a Fourth of July party at the Forrester mansion that was also a photo shoot. This was when they were doing the American Freedom line and Aly threw a fit because of all the sinful, skin-showing bikinis.

• DepecheMode_Fan
      DepecheMode_Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I remember that. I think that was shot on location at one of the Bell's homes.

I'm sure that after they deconstructed the sets, they stored them, along with the furniture and accessories, somewhere on the lot. The exception is when the shows rent furniture and props -- which happens frequently. In that case, once filming is over, they're returned to the rental companies.

But if the Hollywood production companies own the sets and furniture, they will tend to hang on to sets and furniture for decades and recycle them. It's far more economical than purchasing everything new -- especially these days where budgets are so tight. Also, they will sometimes have sales or auctions to sell any unwanted items.

Back in the heyday of soaps in the 80s and 90s, a friend of mine was a set decorator for soaps, prime time TV and movies. She worked on ATWT for a couple of years and had a blast shopping for furniture and accessories.

There's also a well-known Blog called Film and Furniture that tells people where they can buy the pieces they saw on TV and movies.

Comment

Well Bell needs to dig out some of these old sets! I mean the set for the Spectra office was pretty large - it had 2 offices, a reception area & elevator. What happened to the space where they had that set?? These days we just get these Steffy, Bill & Quinn who live in these huge houses but for some reason they have Thanksgiving in the doorway of the FC mansion...that big house Steffy lives in and she has a kitchenette and Bill just has a big open space - not even sure that's a living room. At least when Ridge & Taylor lived there we saw some family interactions & things going on.

Comment

• will-alton
        will-alton commented
        Editing a comment
        I know! Super rich women would have closets larger than the spaces on the show. Katie's living room looked like it was a tiny house, yet she was Eric's neighbor. The staircases and living rooms at Eric's and Brooke's places look like the condos of my family and friends, yet they're suppose to be mansions.

If the show was still like this now, I would watch every single day.

Comment

it wouldnt be too hard to mix up teh sets. they used to have the roof top space where the characters would work out during their breaks, Thorne's basement office, Dayzee's cafe etc

Comment

You also got to remember majority of these were from Bell Sr's hayday. Bell Jr started slowly taking over in 96. Hint was the show was fire in the 80's and 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by DepecheMode_Fan View Post
            Well, for one, the whole Spectra set is gone since Bill blew it up. The last time I remember seeing the outdoor pool area of the Forrester Mansion was when Beth Logan drowned 10 years ago.
            im sure they could recreate another Spencer set

Comment

They could create & update quite a few sets!! Brooke's house pretty much looked exactly the same when Rick was there. I mean these days there may be a bit more light but only the framed pictures have changed in how many years??

How many wives has Eric moved into the mansion and now Stephanie has passed away - why does it look almost exactly like it looked except for there use to be a mirror over the fire place.

Also why can't we have other things going on....The episode with Steph & Brooke. We had other things going on...Rick MENTIONED Brooke but it was clear his scene was about his crush/romance for the girl who came over (was it Kimberly, Macy's sister?)...Yes Megan & Thorne were talking about Brooke but it wasn't a tired conversation that had been talked to death. Megan gave her opinion on Brooke's past relationships and Thorne was thinking about what she was saying.

There just seemed to be more going on with a decent sized-cast.

Comment

Well they don't use the same buildings anymore cause they don't have the money. Most of those sets been deconstructed a while ago and likely another show in taping in those buildings. They have limited space now (to save money) and they just reuse sets, furniture and everything there. Funny enough they can change up some things if they want but it's likely they don't have some of the old furniture or they can't rent any.

We can talk about this all day but at the end of the day it's all about money. When you stop making the butt load you use to and kept doing repetitive stuff that no one wants to see you get less advertisers to take a timeslot on your show. The demographic that many companies need don't watch B&B like they use to but you would think they will cause this is about family drama and high fashion. Though you never see real companies that are in those demo advertise with them.

Comment

What happened to all the money?? It's not the old "women are in the workforce" excuse. We were in the workforce when the show started. Heck these days a lot of people are out of the workforce! Also instead of doing these remote shoots and flying in all these actors (many who aren't needed - half the people at Steffy's wedding in Australia could have stayed home) they could save money & create some more sets or shoot local!

Also money doesn't explain away the simple fact that the writing sucks! You'd think Bell would put 2 + 2 together and realize "it's the writing stupid" Here's hoping we old school fans tuning in to watch the good old days give the ratings a bump and make it clear to Bell & CBS what the problem is!

Comment

yeah it really wouldn't be too hard updating a set, its not like they have to do a whole house

Comment

It’s true that guiding light was a show that had a brief period of no sets at all! They are cutting budgets so much that it’s no surprise parking lots and roofs are sets now

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X