Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original Sally Spectra was amazing!

My goodness, she captures the comedic as well as the dramatic. So happy to see her this week.

I agree! Watching now with her and Phyllis Diller!! These ladies just make me laugh!

Comment

She’s perfection. I never got to see much of her (only flashbacks), so I’m loving these old eps!

Comment

I love how she says Darla. "Darlaaaa!"

Comment

I remember seeing glimpses of her while waiting for my beloved ATWT to come on. Was the character ever not mad? She was always ranting and raving about something it looked like.

Comment

She was happy at times, but whatever emotion she was feeling she felt it in a big way. A great character and actress who brought so much to the show.

Comment

I do wish we'd get a scene with Sally and Saul. He balanced her out and she wasn't afraid to be a little more vulnerable with him. Besides, I really liked his character, and I was reminded of that by seeing a quick shot of him in the opening credits. Also, Sally and Saul had an actual friendship--and we don't get much for friendships on BB nowadays.

Comment

I always loved Sally's relationship with Macy and they had the best mother and daughter relationship!

Comment

• AnnMagda
                  AnnMagda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, I absolutely loved their relationship! Especially the way they started out not getting along at all and then gradually overcame their differences and became the closest mother-daughter duo on the show.

Oh goodness, she was fun. She really interjected some fun energy into the show. I have forgotten just how fun she was and how much fun the show was back then.

Comment

I loved the episodes with Massimo and Sally

Comment

I think the biggest issue with the new Spectra family was the Saul and Darlita characters....had they simply brought on Sally and Shirley, looking to revive Spectra...having C.J. helping them financially to find a space to work....having Sally encounter the Forrester family initially and befriending Eric, perhaps, to get to know more about her great aunt....and meeting Thomas....had they gradually given her a staff (NOT Saul and Darlita) and gradually brought on Coco and introduced her to R.J. - they would have been far more successful in reviving the Spectra family.

Then, had they given Sally a MAJOR story (which she easily could have carried) involving one or both of her absentee parents....a past lover coming to town to find her.....a troubled episode in her history that she ran away from....had they actually DEVELOPED the character she would have gained more and more popularity.

But instead....they saddled her with a rehashing of the past with Spectra ripping off Forrester, saddled her with laughable rip-offs of characters long gone that weren't supposed to be jokes in the first place, and saddled her with a triangle story (Sally/Liam/Steffy) and another (Sally/Thomas/Caroline) and then let her go for a few months before realizing what they had with her and then COMPLETELY WASTED HER AGAIN....she might have done just fine....

Now....she's made her lover believe she's dying and kidnapped, by all appearances, her lover's preferred choice - sure this kind of story has been done before (Nikki on Y&R didn't fess up that her 'fatal' illness wasn't going to kill her after all, Victor let people believe he was dead several times, Stephanie faked a stroke to keep Thorne and Brooke apart, Macy let everyone think she was dead, Omar let everyone believe Taylor was dead for several years....etc., etc., etc. - but they haven't given Sally a great background where she's been upstanding and honest and forthright and built her love stories enough to make people want her to have her hearts desire at all odds.....they aren't doing her any favors at all...

I still root for Sally to find the love of her life....they've ruined Thomas, Wyatt is dead to me now, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want TPTB to cast Billy Miller as Rick Forrester and put he and Sally together and have HIM be her white knight....the one that truly loves her for her...the one that lasts....the one she has babies with.....make Rick and Sally the next B&B super couple....Caroline is dead, Maya is a thing of the past for him (even if they have a daughter together)....bring Rick back eager to branch out on his own from the family company and have him use some 'wealthy friends' to back a new venture with Sally by his side. Maybe not the Spectra 2.0 that Sally had wanted, but something she and Rick build together.

Comment

Darlene was a wonderful actress but it was clear watching the entire show that it was just BETTER...better stories... more things going on with characters...better dialogue - I mean the Macy & Jake stuff was a bit corny but it was better than some of the crap I've recently. The characters were "multi-tasking" Clarke was playing Sally, then hitting on Felicia. Macy found 5 min to call her mother which set off 2 scenarios.

Comment

Awesome comedic timing! Darlene was a real gem and she brought Sally Spectra to life.
                        Larger than life!

Comment

Originally posted by CouchCruisin' View Post
                          Awesome comedic timing! Darlene was a real gem and she brought Sally Spectra to life.
                          Larger than life!
                          well said

Comment

I loved sally and Darlene Conley. She was so much fun to watch and she had layers. Ugh I miss the those days of B&B.
                          Her and clarke were my favorites when I went to a fan club event when I was a kid. Still have my pictures with all of them haha

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X