Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That did not age well with time theme week

Which would be your top 5
    1-Ridge/Bridget relationship (WRONG on all the levels)
    2-Brooke/Deacon
    3-Quinn/'Adam' Liam
    4-Bill/Steffy (Their last romp was ruined by going the creepy route)
    5-Storms suicide

What episodes would you pick for a that did not age well with time theme week?

That sounds more like "Ultimate Cringe Week"--you're being too kind by calling it "That Did Not Age Well With Time" Week.

Comment

1) Stephanie and James Warwick "romance"
      2) Ridge and Bridget
      3) Nick Marone in a lobster costume
      4) Aly serving Rick and Maya ice cream in bed and giving Maya a foot massage
      5) Anything with the character Sergey (pronounced Sir Gay, in what was an obvious caricature of a gay man)

Comment

1. Steffy pregnant on the cement, down on her knees, begging a man not to leave her.

2. Taylor on her knees begging Brooke for mercy.

3. Ridge and Bridget relationship.

4. Quinn dressed like pollyanna in pink worshipping at the altar of Liam

5. Stephanie dying in Brooke's arms

Comment

• Xyla
          Xyla commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd add to #5, Brooke swapping spit with Bill, her brother-in-law on the very spot where Stephanie had died before her body had time to get cold. So much for Stephanie's supposed faith in her.

• Quintessential
          Quintessential commented
          Editing a comment
          Xyla I would agree with that!!!! Brooke proved she did not deserve that honor. Pam and Eric should have been with Stephanie in her final moments and all her children and grandchildren including her namesake should have been there too. They could easily have explained Ridge's absence.

Kimberly vs Amber over Rick Forrester. Sheila and Eric's love story leading up to there divorce. Sheila's pregnancy storyline with her daughter Mary. Darla and Thorne love story followed by the birth of Aly Forrester. When Amber Moore and Carmen were fighting on that rooftop. Deacon tried to save Carmen but it was too late she had a really bad fall episode.

Comment

1. The cat fights and slaps between women. I read in an article in a newspaper that many young college age women had never even heard of “cat fights”.

2. Kimberly/Thorne

3. Ridge/Bridget

4. Eric/Brooke

5. Ridge having sex with a drunken Caroline who thought he was Thorne, her husband.

6. Ridge having sex with Brooke who was out of it on medication.

7. Caroline telling Ridge she “made too big a deal” out of his cheating on her (this is the first Caroline).

8. The “wife tryouts” between Taylor and Brooke for Ridge.

9. The “scrambled egg” story which resulted in baby Jack and Taylor having trouble bonding with him.

Now those are from the older era.

From the modern era, the following:

1. Caroline 2 and Thomas hooking up when she was totally out of it on pills and alcohol.

2. Caroline claiming she wanted Thomas “that night” when we clearly saw she didn’t say that when it happened.

3. Bill punching Liam in the face for his standing up to Bill’s atrocities.

4. Bill bullying young Sally.

5. Caroline making fun of Maya’s name (calling her different names).

6. Thomas tailgating Emma, using his high beams on her, his not calling 911 or attempting to help after she crashed and his smiling while she was laying there bloodied and dying.

7. Thomas using Zoe to get Hope.

Heck, there’s so much in poor taste on this show I could go on and on.....

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
            CouchCruisin' commented
            Editing a comment
            I will save myself some time and co-sign All these!

• ILoveBizzie
            ILoveBizzie commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!!! 😁

1. Amber. She always made me cringe.
          2. Ridge/Bridget
          3. Taylor/Rick
          4. Stephanie/James Warwick
          5. Quinn/Liam

I actually liked some of the stories mentioned above. Guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Comment

1. The Ridge/Bridget thing. I don't care if they are not actually blood-related, she thought he was her dad for a long time, so it's still gross.
            2. The whole thing with Maya, Dayzee, and a baby that was supposedly Maya's that Dayzee helped place for adoption while Maya was in prison. We all know now that Maya is transgender and can never give birth. The re-write about the baby belonging to an ex of Maya's ex, Jesse, was lame.
            3. Steffy and Phoebe being identical twins. They were born that way, but all of a sudden, Steffy was a brunette and Phoebe was a blonde. How about one of the episodes where Steffy & Phoeve were identical, and they, and Thomas, were establishing a relationship with their bio grandfather, Massimo Marone. They liked him and called him "Mojo". They never maintained a relationship even when Massimo left town? They could have at least written it that Massimo had died, given that actor Joe Mascolo passed.
            4. Bridget as designer "Madame X". Why? She ended up going back to being a doctor, anyway.
            5. "Adam & Eve". The only way this would have served any purpose would be if Liam fell for Quinn for real. But nope, one he realized who he was, he was all back to waffling between Steffy & Hope again.

Comment

Originally posted by Belindaa View Post
              1. Amber. She always made me cringe.
              I could not have said that better!

Comment

• Belindaa
                Belindaa commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm glad I'm not the only one!

• JTDMom
                JTDMom commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too! Me too! Cringe!

amber was great at pushing brooké's buttons - i love her

Comment

The poison berry story of Thomas and Brooke and the wall bang Brooke and Oliver are on my list. Plus some others listed above.

Comment

Originally posted by Quintessential View Post
                  3. Ridge and Bridget relationship.
                  Can't believe the writers went there with them. Although I shouldn't be surprised, since they seem to like borderline incest. So glad I wasn't watching then. I would have been sick to see that, like I was seeing Bill go all Harvey Weinstein with Steffy. Yuck.

5. Stephanie dying in Brooke's arms
                  I'm still mad that's how it went down. Stephanie should have been surrounded by her family (Eric, Pam, her children and grandchildren) during her final days. I felt as viewers, we were cheated out of not seeing her loved ones not getting to say how much they loved her and what she meant to them, good and bad. Not getting to say their goodbyes in their own way. Would have been a great Emmy reel to submit for best show.
                  Last edited by Moore ideas; June 5, 2020, 01:17 PM. Reason: Inappropriate acronym for writers

Comment

• BrAk5742
                    BrAk5742 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hated how Ridge wasn't written in for Stephanie's death. TPTB could've shown Stephanie in bed and then a door closing. Eric could've come a few moments later only for Stephanie to tell him that Ridge slipped out when he heard someone coming but they had a long conversation. I can't see there being any reason for Ridge not to be at his dying mother's bedside at all... or for the rest of her family to be there when she took her last breath.

• viennagirl
                    viennagirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    While I felt cheated out of having any scene between Stephanie and her favorite son dressing her upcoming death (even if it would have been a one-sided telephone conversation), I don't mind that Stephanie's death wasn't a scene with everyone around her bed.

In real life, I don't remember any situation, when we had been able to be there when a loved one died.
                    We sometimes got the chance to visit and to say goodbye (after a stroke, one of my grandfathers had been unconscious but still alive (machines keeping him alive) for days until he finally passed suddenly), but generally there was no prediction/warning when someone would really pass away.
                    _________

Before my mother met my father, she had had a boyfriend who then died in a car accident. My mother and his mother still had a close bond and that woman was like a grandmother for my sister and me.
                    We knew she had cancer and would die one day and my family and the her second son kept visiting that woman at the care facility/ hospice, but none of us in the end had been there when she died (there had been no call/warning that she would die that day) - not even her son.

One of my uncles lost his wife recently after a long illness. That aunt died, when her husband and all of their adult children (and grandchildren) had been away (out of the house) because of a family event.
                    _________

One of the rare times we really had been told that someone would likely die in the next 24-48 hours, had been, when a friend of my parents had suffered from a blood sepsis and they had put him in an induced coma when his organs started to fail, while they kept fighting for his life (dialysis, medication,.....).
                    He had no close family anymore and my mother had been the one he had wanted to be called in case of medical emergencies.
                    But even when we had been there for some hours at his bedside, he died, when we had left to go to sleep for a few hours and had planned to come again the next morning.

Originally posted by SharikaC View Post

Can't believe the writers went there with them. Although I shouldn't be surprised, since they seem to like borderline incest. So glad I wasn't watching then. I would have been sick to see that, like I was seeing Bill go all Harvey Weinstein with Steffy. Yuck.

I'm still mad that's how it went down. Stephanie should have been surrounded by her family (Eric, Pam, her children and grandchildren) during her final days. I felt as viewers, we were cheated out of not seeing her loved ones not getting to say how much they loved her and what she meant to them, good and bad. Not getting to say their goodbyes in their own way. Would have been a great Emmy reel to submit for best show.
                  agree totally!
                  Last edited by Moore ideas; June 5, 2020, 01:18 PM. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Comment

1) The Eric/Taylor romance
                    2) The wall boink

Comment

Originally posted by mxims View Post
                      1) The Eric/Taylor romance
                      2) The wall boink
                      zero chemistry but eric and taylor but Oliver and Brooke

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page