Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Story line for Steffy

I was watching 'The Story of Soaps'. One of the topics they discussed is Luke and Laura. He raped her and then they fell in love and was one of the most successful couples in daytime. One of the things on the show they talked about was how soaps would take real life problems and turn them into a storyline with a happy ending. All the years of Liam going back and forth between Steffy and Hope, viewers are now to the point they see Liam as an abuser. Many couples live in an abusive relationship and then one who is being abused wants out. I would love for them to bring on a new man for Steffy. Steffy and this new guy are extremely happy with their new family. Then Liam wants Steffy back back. He turns dark and he tells Hope that he always wanted to be with Steffy. His abused turns from hidden to everybody understands that he has been abusing these women for years. Steffy stays with her new love and he helps her through this difficult time. She doesn't want Liam back at all. Liam gets the help he needs and find true love with another women. Hope and Brooke are alone and whine together. Hope then returns to Paris. There is no triangle in this story.

Not bad. I think Liam should go dark and never get help. He should do something that gets him locked up for 20+ years.

Comment

There is zero chance that B&B would handle an abuse storyline well. So, I have to vote no to this.

Comment

If Steffy is done with Liam and in a new relationship then she's not.. or no longer.. being abused by him. He would be abusive to Hope in this scenario. Steffy is out of it, so why drag her into as yet another of Lope's dramas.
        Other than perhaps helping Hope recognize what is happening if she's in denial, Steffy needs no more contact with Liam if an abuser and definately not let him around Kelly!!
        It needs to end. The three of them in any SL is just another side to the triangle that has gone on for too long. Sorry to shoot it down ..just sick of the them. 😓🐾

Comment

New story I would like for Steffy: Start your own business, Find a new man, with character,Intrigues without Liam and Hope, See her much more with her family (Thomas, her nephew, her mother, her grandfather), New friends of his age.

Steffy's character is supposed to be the legacy of Stephanie Forrester and not the punching bag of Liam / Hope

Comment

• Katoh
            Katoh commented
            Editing a comment
            So very true...let her excel.

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
          New story I would like for Steffy: Start your own business, Find a new man, with character,Intrigues without Liam and Hope, See her much more with her family (Thomas, her nephew, her mother, her grandfather), New friends of his age.

Steffy's character is supposed to be the legacy of Stephanie Forrester and not the punching bag of Liam / Hope
          Ita. ^^ This is a more polite way of putting it than mine but exactly imo should become of Steffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadey View Post

Ita. ^^ This is a more polite way of putting it than mine but exactly imo should become of Steffy.
            Thank you. It is time that the writers treat this character much better, and give their actress what she deserves.

Comment

Thank you. It is time that the writers treat this character much ber, and give their actress what she deserves.
              Yw, kahinamah Yes. Steffy has been reduced to Lope's side kick the last 2 years to the point of going against her brother with them! Wtaf!! Her grandmother must be rolling!!

Comment

• kahinamah
                kahinamah commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I don't understand the writers' obsession with Hope, and Hope / Liam.

You know, on Y&R one of my favorite stories was when Ashley had a breakdown and subsequent 'amnesia' and was working as a waitress......and then had another breakdown when Victor berated her for aborting his child..........it was a good showcase, both times, for the actress (both Eileen Davidson and Brenda Epperson) playing Ashley....

It's really too bad that Steffy couldn't have an event shake her so badly that she has a bout of 'hysterical amnesia' and she winds up doing something completely out of character.....I'm thinking exotic dancer (because it would be such a change for her)...she is found wandering the streets of L.A. with no memory (throwback to Stephanie's amnesia and homeless stint) saved from an attack by a tough (but attractive) young woman...who takes her in and convinces Steffy to 'audition' for the place she works at....just to earn a living because she has no idea what she did before.....and she finds herself involved in the very rough life of drug deals and street gangs and such because her roommate's boyfriend is a dealer and he comes on to Steffy, who rejects him and tells the roommate about it and eventually the roommate wants him gone but he winds up kidnapping the two women and holding them for ransom because he knows who Steffy really is.......Steffy sees a side of life she's never witnessed with her privileged upbringing....winds up in danger....and has to fight for her life....

Eventually she gets her memory back, helps her former roommate clean up her life, that young woman becomes a love interest for Thomas after HE cleans up his act....and Steffy decides to leave Forrester to run a rehabilitation center for other women in trouble....

That way the character grows over time, goes on a journey, reevaluates her life.....helps someone so they benefit from what Steffy learned, she helps change their life for the better.....this could go on for most of a year from start to finish....

Or.....we could have another Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle.....that would work too.....

Comment

• laracroftonline
                laracroftonline commented
                Editing a comment
                Why does steffy needs even more growing?

• will-alton
                will-alton commented
                Editing a comment
                I TOTALLY disagree about this storyline for Steffy. This storyline should be for the boring princess Hope if anyone...NOT Steffy!!! It would be a true "fish out of water" story. Hope is the one we need to see in a "[email protected]$$" role... sort of like GH's then one note Jason Quartermaine transforming into Jason Morgan. We already know JMW can do "[email protected]$$". Hope in that role would really pique interest and curiosity because of Hope being so one note. She needs much more dimension and to take her nose down out of the air judging others while she has not been perfect herself. Then pampered, sheltered Hope could "grow" and mature from her experience and actions and not be so juvenile. I have NO interest in watching a 30 year old teen-ager!!! We already know Steffy is a survivor. We need to see Hope stand on her own 2 feet.

Since Hope was all about charity work, she now could use her new first-hand knowledge of "hard living" to better serve her ex-peers who don't have the privileges she has. Hope is the one who should have the epiphany that life is NOT fairy tales and starts aid centers for the needy. There is also a housing problem in CA, so, she could address the homelessness. All the current Hope wants to do is sit among the pretty things and not get her hands dirty...all the while expecting praise for being so "charitable" with someone else's profits..

As usual, Liam would get to put on his red cape with the large emblazoned "S" on it. Liam could be on the hunt for her and far away from Steffy's orbit. He should play "jr. detective" with Hope pictures and posters without involving the entire cast...only providing updates to everyone else. I wouldn't want the whole cast's lives stalled--again--for Ste. Hope.

It would be interesting to watch the dynamic between goofball Liam and a Hope with new found strength that he has always punished Steffy for. Steffy and Hope would have then effectively switched roles. Hope would probably see her past life as elitist similar to GH's Jason Morgan while Steffy wouldn't have lived the hard scrabble street life. Hope would then be the stronger survivor between the two women.

No more "slippery" SLOPE triangle!!!....EVER!!!...AGAIN!!!....PLEASE!!! Steffy is the only one of the three to have grown some. Steffy needs her very own "hero".

Steffy's new storyline should be her getting her very own "hero".

• GuidingLite
                GuidingLite commented
                Editing a comment
                I like to see character growth over time rather than people simply staying the same year after year - Steffy included....she made a VERY mature decision to pick 'herself' rather than Bill or Liam.....that was growth...

And - considering how people complain about B&B being the 'same old same old' storylines, at least it's not a pregnancy, not a whos the dad, not an evil twin, not a back from the dead, and not a 'triangle'.....

But.....to each their own. ;0)

That storyline will never happen. Lope is the apple of Brad Bell's eye. He may say otherwise when asked but we know what time it is .
              ​​
              Last edited by reggyreg; May 25, 2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• NuttyAboutSoaps
                NuttyAboutSoaps commented
                Editing a comment
                Sadly, you are right. Just when it seems like they have given up the ghost on a dead coupling, the writers will default to stupid and rehash the same old stuff we've seen ten times before. And, frankly, it isn't just Steffy/Liam versus Hope/Liam. They keep rehashing Brooke/Ridge versus Brooke/Bill versus Bill/Katie, too. In every case, they need to choose a coupling, stick with it, and move the third party on in a completely new direction.

ITA. You just saved me a lot of typing.

Comment

• kahinamah
                kahinamah commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad to have done you a favor.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X