Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Eric dies who gets the House and his shares at FC?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Eric dies who gets the House and his shares at FC?

There’s a few options to consider here. The way I see it, Thorne has been overlooked all his life. Ridge and Rick have had preferential treatment. They have been spoiled beyond what they deserved, while Thorne was always an after thought. I think Eric should leave the House and his FC shares to Thorne. The question is how much of a hold does Quinn have on Eric? Enough to inherit the house and/or the shares at FC? If that’s the case does she give it all to Wyatt? Everything could change. I think that’s the way I would do it. Wyatt and Steffy running Forrester as equal majority share holders would be very interesting. The Forrester home being Wyatt’s. That could change the dynamic between Wyatt and Steffy, those 2 working so closely together, we all know Steffy is attracted to powerful men, so does she set her sights back on Wyatt? Would be some power couple that’s for sure. Would Hope follow in her mother’s footsteps and decide Wyatt is a little more attractive than Liam now? Or would Thorne being in that position with a new love interest be the way to go?

What would happen if you could decide?

If they're still married, Eric should give the house to Quinn. As for his 37.5%, Quinn should receive 12.5%, and Thorne, Kristen, Felicia, Rick, and Bridget should each receive 5%.

But it might be more dramatic for Quinn to receive all his shares.

Comment

His children. He got them before he married Quinn so she doesn't get any of it.

Comment

• MarineMom
        MarineMom commented
        Editing a comment
        Quinn would be able to get them if Eric bequeathed them to her in a will or trust. Surely he has one or the other & has provided for her. The only way Quinn would be excluded is if he did not include her in his will or trust or if he died intestate (without a will or trust).

• Anotherwoman
        Anotherwoman commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. The house was his, long before Quinn. She should have no interest in it or his shares of FC. Those and the house should go to his children eaqually. There is no reason that Brooke's children should be treated differently.

• Quintessential
        Quintessential commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it would depend on who Eric names as his beneficiaries in his will. If he doesn't have a will everything goes to the next of kin which would be his wife Quinn.

gaby1985 commented
      Today, 06:13 PM
      Bill824 Kristen, Felicia, and Thorne. Ridge and Brooke get their own place.And the ones getting Eric's shares are the ones who don''t have any:Felicia, Kristen,Thorne, Rick and Bridget.
      I too would give the children, who don't own yet any shares, the shares.
      Ridge, Steffy and Thomas already own a majority, all of the shares except Eric's 37,5%.

If Eric splits his shares between his other 5 children, they each will just own a small part of the company - each of them only 7,5%, but they still can feel that they are a part-owner of the family company.

But I would also put in some kind of stipulation that if they want to sell their shares, they have to sell them to one of their siblings (to prevent that they would just sell it to an outsider).

Ridge in 2010 suggested something similar, when he tried to soothe his wife Brooke (who wasn't able to buy any shares) and he told her that one day Steffy and Thomas would inherite Taylor's shares and his shares would be split between R.J. and Hope, so that all children would have the same amount.
      (And going with the writing for Donna and Eric, Brooke would have been entitled to Ridge's half of his shares when they got divorced - but Brooke believed Thomas' lie and decided to give Ridge a quick divorce without asking for anything)
      Ridge's plan didn't last very long (Taylor gifted all her shares just to Steffy, and Ridge then gifted Thomas 5% to calm Thomas down).

________

Then I would give Ridge either a monetary compensation for the 7,5% of shares, - or more likely I would let Ridge inherit the house (and if the house is more worth than the 7,5%, I would split the rest of the money I leave behind, between Rick, Bridget, Thorne, Felicia and Kristen. (But if the house is much, much more worth, maybe I would make a stipulation that Ridge has to pay them a special amount as compensation).

Ridge is the oldest and he has always stayed in LA. We had Ridge living there with Caroline I, and later with Taylor. Currently he is again back at the house.

Kristen and Felicia already have a home somewhere else (they only turn up for visits).
      Thorne too has sold his place to move in with Eric temporarily and then to move to Europe.

I don't think it works to leave the house to more siblings. I doubt that they all will move in to live there together with their families, and I wouldn't want them to sell the house to split the money between them (and none of them might get the house and get to live there).

Comment

• viennagirl
        viennagirl commented
        Editing a comment
        If Eric would leave everything only to Quinn, I hope Ridge and the rest of the children have Quinn investigated and if that will has been forged. (We had already a strange will that then had Quinn's son getting the Hope diamond).

________

The shares and the house are separate community. Why should Eric cheat out his children of any family inheritance, for a wife he had been married to for 3 1/2 years?

Quinn has even signed a prenup. Normally she would be entitled to inherite 100% of the community property (everything they gained during their marriage - but neither the house nor the shares are community property, Eric owned them already before their marriage).
        Does the prenup change this?

• Bill824
        Bill824 commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re right but Quinn would pull something shady

• Quintessential
        Quintessential commented
        Editing a comment
        If Ridge inherits the house, then the FC shares are split between Eric's other children, what's left for his wife? Does she get thrown out the door on her butt because her husband dies, I don't think that's fair. Eric loves his wife I believe he's going to want her to stay in that house at least until she remarries.

He will leave them to Brooke.

Comment

• Bill824
        Bill824 commented
        Editing a comment
        This wouldn’t be a surprise

Originally posted by gaby1985 View Post
      His children. He got them before he married Quinn so she doesn't get any of it.
      I absolutely agree with this!

Comment

Brooke and her Forresters kids.
        His family with Stephanie already got more than half of the shares of the company.

Comment

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          And Eric has even 2 (or with Marcus 3) more children.
          And except for Ridge none of these 7 children own any part of the company that their parents had built.

Bill824, would you really ignore all your other children and give everything to a spouse who only have been married to for 3 1/2 years?
          Or give everything just to one child (and ignore the rest)?

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          viennagirl what’s fair and what makes for a more compelling story are 2 different things. B&B needs an epic shake up and my idea for that is Eric dying and leaving everything to Quinn (whether Quinn did something to change the will or not) and then Quinn gives it all to Wyatt. I think seeing Wyatt at FC with equal majority ownership and living in the Forrester mansion would change the entire dynamic of the show for the better. I’m a fan of Wyatt, he just needs something to go his way and they need to put him in a position of power for once.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Thorne, Felicity and Kristen do not have any shares. Thorne still works for FC. No need to screw Stephanie's children out of shares of a company that THEIR parents founded, built and ran.
          Further Bridget never works at Forester so she woudl be last on the list if on the list at all.

Hopefully, Eric will have a iron clad will. But as his wife, I would think Quinn will get it. Maybe Eric will want to keep FC in the family and leave equal shares to his children, who don't have shares: Thorne, Felicia, Kristen, Rick, Bridget and Marcus. Or he sees Steffy and Thomas as the future of FC and give his shares to them. Although, I think Steffy should get it all since she's the reason FC is owned by the Forrester family. There's a lot of ways TIIC can go. Just don't leave them to Brooke.
        Last edited by SharikaC; May 14, 2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Anotherwoman
          Anotherwoman commented
          Editing a comment
          I think if he left everything to Quinn it could be contested. The laws are different in each state but most states he could not cut out his children

Originally posted by Bill824 View Post
        There’s a few options to consider here. The way I see it, Thorne has been overlooked all his life. Ridge and Rick have had preferential treatment. They have been spoiled beyond what they deserved, while Thorne was always an after thought. I think Eric should leave the House and his FC shares to Thorne. The question is how much of a hold does Quinn have on Eric? Enough to inherit the house and/or the shares at FC? If that’s the case does she give it all to Wyatt? Everything could change. I think that’s the way I would do it. Wyatt and Steffy running Forrester as equal majority share holders would be very interesting. The Forrester home being Wyatt’s. That could change the dynamic between Wyatt and Steffy, those 2 working so closely together, we all know Steffy is attracted to powerful men, so does she set her sights back on Wyatt? Would be some power couple that’s for sure. Would Hope follow in her mother’s footsteps and decide Wyatt is a little more attractive than Liam now? Or would Thorne being in that position with a new love interest be the way to go?

What would happen if you could decide?
        Eric has already stated that the Mansion should go to the CEO. So that would mean Ridge or Steffi. As for his shares - he has 5 children who don't have any; two of which still work for FC.Quinn, being the last of his many wives, should get everything else.

Comment

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would love to see Steffy get the house for her and Kelly.

Originally posted by SharikaC View Post
        Hopefully, Eric will have a iron clad will. But as his wife, I would think Quinn will get it. Maybe Eric will want to keep FC in the family and leave equal shares to his children, who don't have shares: Thorne, Felicia, Kristen, Rick, Bridget and Marcus. Or he sees Steffy and Thomas as the future of FC and give his shares to them. Although, I think Steffy should get it all since she's the reason FC is owned by the Forrester family. There's a lot of ways TIIC can go. Just don't leave them to Brooke.
        Steffy is already in control of FC - is CO-CEO together with her father and together with Eric, the one with the biggest share account - Steffy owning 37,5 %.

I am not sure why Eric should ignore all his other children for Steffy's sake?

These shares do not just grant power at FC (and Steffy already has that), but they also have monetary worth.
        Eric, Stephanie, Taylor and Ridge, each one of them, had to pay 50 million dollars to get their 25% of shares.

Taylor already has given her daughter a 50 million dollar reward -and Thomas then complained that he had gotten nothing.

Why should every other Forrester offspring be ignored and only Steffy should be rewarded again for seducing a married man, stealing his wife's ring and blackmailing that married man?
        75 million is a big reward for seduction, theft and blackmail.

Bill also has given her a 25 million gift (his shares) as retribution for their ONS and how he had pushed her afterwards to chose him over his son, how he has blackmailed her and stalked her.

Thomas, Steffy and R.J. will likely once inherit Ridge's shares. (again shares worth millions of dollars, that Ridge had to pay to get these shares).

Ridge: Thomas, you'll be an owner one day.
        Taylor: I explained to you why I gave my shares of the company to Steffy
        Thomas: Right, because she needed support after Dad fired her.
        Taylor: It's more than that, and you know it.

Taylor: Okay, please, just settle down. Please.
        Thomas: No, I'd like to know. Is that what you would do? Sell out to Spencer? The guy you seduced to get the company in the first place? Let's be honest. You seduced the guy into giving you the company back, and now you're using it to pressure Dad into firing his wife. Is that not what happened?
        Steffy: What happened is that I beat Bill Spencer at his own game, and now we're back in control.
        (August 27, 2010)
        _____

But I can see Thomas and Rick for once being on the same side, if Steffy gets Eric's shares - and Rick and Thomas can whine together how unfair that is.
        Last edited by viennagirl; May 15, 2020, 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          If Eric splits his shares between his other kids, none of them is able to challenge Steffy's power.

And Steffy in the future, still could end up buying shares from relatives, who aren't interested in owning a small part of the company and who chose to sell their small share for money.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Thomas would never be on the same side as Rick. Unless of course Bell destroys Thomas even more.
          Last edited by B-Hold; May 17, 2020, 11:46 PM.

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          *B-Hold - I don't mean they would work together/conspire together - but Rick and Thomas both would whine about how unfair this would be, if Steffy gets Eric's shares too.

In 2010 we had Thomas whining about his mother's action and Thomas was the one attacking Steffy that she had seduced a married man, that Steffy was focused on leading a war against Ridge's wife, Brooke.

Thomas at that time did not complain so much because he was suddenly so in love with Brooke and the while Logan clan, but because he felt his parents favored Steffy and that he was the one losing out against his sister.

"Thomas: Let's be honest. You seduced the guy into giving you the company back, and now you're using it to pressure Dad into firing his wife. Is that not what happened?
          Steffy: What happened is that I beat Bill Spencer at his own game, and now we're back in control.
          Thomas: No, Dad's in control, not you."

"Thomas: No, Mom, I've gotta say his. You know, Steffy's been using this "poor little me" routine ever since you and Dad broke up. She used it to get a piece of the company, and now she's using it to try to get rid of Brooke.
          Steffy: No, that is not true at all.
          Thomas: Yes, it is, Steffy! Look, you're my sister, and I love you, and I've tried to be sensitive. But the truth is, Dad hasn't neglected you. He's been a good father-- to you, to me. You know, there are a lot of people around here who could be hurting. Where's Uncle Thorne's share of the company? Where's mine? Where's Brooke's? We've all done as much for Forrester as you have. But no, no. You're the only one who's hurting, so you get 25% of the company."
          (August 27, 2010)

Thanks for pointing this out. At least Brooke invented a billion-dollar chemical formula to get her hands on FC. What did Steffy do? Blackmail and seduce! And they say Brooke got her fortune by laying on her back! LOL!

On a separate note, the value of FC really went down the toilet once the Forresters were back in charge huh. They had a billion-dollar patent thanks to Brooke, but 2 decades after that (despite inflation) the whole company was only valued at $200 million?

Comment

• Bill824
          Bill824 commented
          Editing a comment
          gaby1985 B-Hold I agree with both of you

• Anotherwoman
          Anotherwoman commented
          Editing a comment
          Right. Get tired of people who say Brooke earned her money on her back and how she is a gold digger. She earned everything she has on her own.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Anotherwoman - The only thing Brooke "earned" was her less than stellar reputation. She got her job at FC and an very expensive lab becasue she was married to Eric and asked for it. Eric only married Brooke because she had gotten pregnant with Rick and went to abort him.

I like Eric he is one of the original cast members on this show. I never want to see to him written out. Also I realize there are 2 discussions about a very sad matter.
        Last edited by SheilaFan32; May 16, 2020, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Taylor has shares? I don't remember that. How did she get shares?

Comment

• Bill824
            Bill824 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t believe so. She gave them to Steffy

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            Ridge, Eric, Stephanie and Taylor all together purchased the company back from Bill Spencer after Bill blackmailed the bank officer. The shares were put into a trust which Bell has forgotten that he wrote.

• Quintessential
            Quintessential commented
            Editing a comment
            Taylor does not have any shares. She gave them all to Steffy. After Steffy got the company back from Bill Spencer, Ridge rewarded Steffy by firing her for something she did not do so Taylor made sure Ridge would not have that power over Steffy again. Ridge gave 5% of his shares to Thomas so both of his children would have FC shares. RJ must have been born by then. If so I guess Ridge forgot poor little RJ in Ojai because RJ got zip.

If eric had any decency, the 25% that stephanie bought with her own money would go to her descendants, whomever shows interest in the company. Thorne hasnt been overlooked his whole life. Thorne asked for and received his inheritance from fc years ago to become co owner of spectra. Since then even in his last return he rejected an administrative pisition in the company. Kirsten and felicia decided they didnt want anything to do with the company when eric and ridge and the logans were in charge. So unless his children have changed their minds or dino and zende want anything to do with the company then those shares should go to stephanies other grandchildren of steffy, thomas, and rj even though steffy is the only one who has shown consistent loyalty to the company.

That leaves erics 12.5% to distribute among his children since its supposed to be a family company. Ridge shouldnt inherit the shares because he purchased his own. Marcus shouldn't get any because his mother took half in the divorce and she should leave him whatevers left after she chose to sell the shares. If erics chidren with stephanie dont want stephanies shares then eric shouldnt leave any of his shares to them either. That would leave rick and bridget and bridget may nit want them as shes never chosen to be involved at fc for years. So realysicalkt erics 12.5 % should either be divided equally among his bio kids, equally between rick and bridget, or all to rick who would never turn down his interests thecway hus siblings have over the years even though hes betrayed tge company more than once. Or eric can choose to reward steffy for her loyalty and commitment to the company and leave the 12.5% to her.

Comment

Yes Brooke's formula made billions. This is a soap. It isn't based on what 3M may or may not have done. This happened eons ago. Look the shows up. She saved the company.

Comment

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              B&B never stated it earned billions. Forrester Creations itself has never on B&B stated it was worth billions, let alone BeLief. If BeLief was worth billiuons than Brooke woudl be worth billions and she is not.

• gaby1985
              gaby1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              The company didn't need any saving back then.and no, it sure wasn't worth billions

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X