• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joncharmed93
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2012

I'd Forgotten About Hopes Drug Addiction

Watching today's repeat reminded me that Hope once had a drug addiction. If I remember right those pills were Anti Anxiety meds that Hope got hooked to because she was exposed to the press. Originally Hope for the Future stood for young girls who didn't have to give up sex before marriage in order to be happy. However Hope had been discovered having sex with Liam before she was married and was exposed to the press. I remember one scene where a mother came on the show and yelled at Hope in front of everyone in DayZee's restaurant which caused Hope to have Anxiety. That's when Hope went to a doctor who gave her sample of the meds, but Hope wanted more. The doctor realized that Hope had gotten hooked and refused to give more. That's when Hope went to Amber and got more pills in exchange for helping Amber get in good with Rick.

I remember Hope actually passing out and almost drowning in the pool and crashing into Steffy when going down the mountain causing Steffy to break her foot.

It's so funny how Hope talks so much about virtue now when she used to be a drug addict who did and said all kinds of things hypocritical.
  • spuilding
    Scriptwriter
    • May 2005

I thought she got caught kissing Liam while he was still married to Steffy.

Comment

• Xyla
      Xyla commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what started it. She kissed Liam in public and was spotted doing so by a teenage fan and her mom. Said teenager videoed the kiss and posted it to social media, at which point all hell broke loose. By that time, Hope was also living with, and sleeping with, Liam who was still married to Steffy, and that eventually came out, too, since, at the time, Hope was supposed to be this big role model/PR darling. Since it quickly became evident that she was saying one thing and doing another, her fans and their parents got all upset and that made her a hot topic for the tabloid pressure even before Bill upped the ante. So, the kiss was first and then she got caught--though not in the sense of being caught on camera--living/sleeping with Liam because she was seen kissing Liam in public (which, really, was kinda dumb on their parts, since they were supposed to be "married in their hearts," not swapping spit where anyone could see, and if memory serves, they were at Dayzee's during the day when they got caught, so they weren't even making an attempt at being discreet).
  • NuttyAboutSoaps
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by joncharmed93 View Post
    Originally Hope for the Future stood for young girls who didn't have to give up sex before marriage in order to be happy. However Hope had been discovered having sex with Liam before she was married and was exposed to the press. I remember one scene where a mother came on the show and yelled at Hope
    That was the first year I watched the show and the initial reason I hated Hope. LOL

It always irks me when people think that virgins are somehow more valuable than women who are sexually active. I couldn't believe I was watching such a thing in 2012. And, yet, there Hope was, being heralded for bringing woman back to 1955. LOL

Comment

• gaby1985
      gaby1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. As if women having a sex life and enjoying sex is wrong.Sickening

• gaby1985
      gaby1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sharkswin Steffy never shamed Hope for her choices. She simply told her that she could't force her choices on Liam, that it was something she needed to Talk to Liam about since it''s bout both of them, to see if he's willing to wait.If not he could go else where. But she can't make him wait anymore than he can make her give it up.
      Hope on the otehr hand slut shamed Steffy for years including during the last fashion show Steffy had.

• Sharkswin
      Sharkswin commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^that's not true..Steffy was shown looking down on Hope and virgin shamming her by telling her..if you are not going to have sex with Liam, I will.
  • RedheadTeacher
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

I think that Hope started with the pills because of her anxiety over having sex. Brooke had told her that she could be "married in her heart" and have sex and took her to see a counselor to deal with her issue. The doctor gave her a couple of pills, and when they were gone, Amber supplied her with more.

Comment

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      What I found SICK was Brooke needing to run over to Hope's early in the morning with a muffin (Here dear you just lost your virginity to a married man! You deserve a muffin!) to get all the details. Just sick. Hope was sick painting Liam as a near rapist because she wasn't comfortable with it and even though he asked her twice she said she wanted to but believed Liam should have known she wasn't.
      Liam did not ask Hope to move in. She just showed up at his door steps with a suitcase in hand, mere hours after Steffi moved out. She announced to him that she was moving in. (Didn't ask him, didn't talk to him about it just announced she was). Hope initialed the sex. But some how it was all Liam's fault.

• viennagirl
      viennagirl commented
      Editing a comment
      ?? When has Hope ever painted Liam as a near rapist?
      Hope has told Brooke that it had been Hope who hadn't been able to enjoy it because she couldn't forget Steffy's words that Hope was going to have sex with a married man.
      I don't think that rape victims are worried that they might have disappointed their rapist and that they are wondering what they could do to make it right for the man the next time?

_________

a mere hours? I know that B&B drags on days, but Hope moved in a month after Steffy had to move out, and these 4 weeks of episodes did not cover hours of just one day.

Liam told Steffy on January 30 that he considers them separated - and we had Steffy moving in with her mother Taylor.

On Feb. 3rd we had Liam asking Hope and Steffy to come to the beach house to hear his decision. Liam telling Steffy that he wants their marriage to end and that he wants a future with Hope.

On Feb. 6 we had Liam telling Hope he couldn't wait to to start living the rest of his life with Hope.

"Outside at the cliff house, Liam told the incredulous Hope that he couldn't wait another moment to start living the rest of his life with her. The couple kissed, and Liam carried Hope into the house."

Then we had Lope discussing annulment and calling Justin, we had Hope giving that statement that Lope would get married (because she assumed that Steffy would agree to the annulment).
      We had another day with the wedding setup - and later that same day the chocolate fight because Steffy didn't sign the annulment papers (Valentine's Day. Liam then gave Steffy divorce papers to apply for a divorce.
      We had Rick trying to get Steffy to sign the papers.

Then we had Hope deciding that since it would take months, she would move in with Liam before they are married.
      And she told Liam that at the Spencer office.

Feb. 29:

Liam warned that he planned a life with Hope, and he planned to start a family with Hope. Bill needed to accept it.

Hope showed up at Liam's office and teased that Liam had not returned her calls. She wondered if he was ignoring her. She asked what would make him the happiest, and he answered that he would be happiest if Steffy signed the annulment papers so that they could get married.

Hope said that she was tired of Steffy preventing them from getting together. Hope decided that she did not want to wait six months to start her life with Liam. She wanted to be his wife in every way immediately, and she planned to move in with him.
      _________

Liam has told Hope that he wants to live his life with her, he has talked about them wanting to get married and having children (his words to Bill) - I doubt that Liam didn't want Hope to move in.
  • mahsa
    Recurring Poster
    • Nov 2015

The pill popping started the very day AFTER Hope had sex the first time (to takw Steffy's "power" over Liam away) because her mother took her to a therapist and she got the pills from there, then the Dayzee's café event happened and it got worse... I mean, she popped enough pills to have an accident at a pool and almost drowned because of them... Then she ran Steffy down on the slopes in Aspen causing Steffy to sign the annulment papers, which she didn't want to do in the first place...

Comment

• B-Hold
      Day Player
      • Nov 2012

Hope didn't not enjoy her first time (not uncommon especially for someone as sheltered as Hope) so Brooke rushed her to a sex therapist. After all how dear one of Brooke's daughtes not enjoy sex as much as she does! The therapist gave Hope a few pills. Hope kept taking them to continue to "take Steffi's power away" by having sex with a married Liam. She ran out of pills and Amber bought some over the internet. Hope thank the Doctor for the additional pills but her doctor told her she didn't and not to take them. Hope was already hooked and continue to take them. On a second occasion Hope lied to her doctor and stated she stopped after being told to stop. Amber got concerned about the pills and told Hope not to take them, telling Hope where they came from. One of Hope's young fan, Maggie, mother caught Hope kissing a married Liam at Dazyee's Cafe and the press jumped on Hope and her hypocrisy. But Hope was already addicted by then. Hope refused to move out of Liam's house, causing the press to stake out his home. She also lied to Liam about having stopped taking the pills. She also later lied to Liam by blaming the pill popping on the press. Hope never came clean about why she started taking the pills. It was Amber's fault. It was the press' fault, Everyone's fault but her own.

Comment

• Historia
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2018

Well, that “taking Steffy’s power away” didn’t come out of nowhere. It was the results of months of Steffy taunting Hope and virgin-shaming her for waiting for marriage before sex.
        Steffy knew that using her sexuality and lust was the only hold she had on Liam so she used it to hold on that sham marriage of theirs.

Brooke, as someone who has used to the tactics on other women, she offered Hope advice to frustrate Steffy’s plans.
        She tried to make Hope understand that sex before marriage wasn’t that a big deal since Liam was a planning to marry her anyway. Obviously it was a bad advice since Hope felt pressured into her first time which started a fall into depression and panic attacks.
        The storyline was resolved after a month with Hope going to therapy ( that was saw on screen) and Lope resuming their wedding planning.

It is the only addiction storyline that got resolved through onscreen therapy and love and support as it should be.
        I liked that storyline and the characters motivations behind it.

At first really thought Bell was about to turn Hope into an other Taylor and have her murder someone on the side of the road.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
          ILoveBizzie commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with this.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Incorrect - Brooke took Hope to "take Steffi's power away" by having sex with Steffi's husband. Hope claimed more than once that she didn't want to be like her mother and turned out to be EXACT LY like her mother but without the college degree. Hope lorded her virginity over Steffi and told Steffi she was a better person than Steffi. Steffi was sexy and confident.

• B&B blonde
          B&B blonde commented
          Editing a comment
          yes this is how I view this as well. Steffy constantly telling Hope to have sex with Liam and threaten her that she Steffy would have sex with Hopes fiancé.
      • viennagirl
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Aug 2011

I could kinda understood Hope's stupid by taking these pills:
        - she was 19, written to be very naive and already hooked up/addicted to that pills, before she learned that her doctor had NOT sent her more, that instead, Amber had gotten them on the internet and had tricked Hope into thinking Dr. Barton had sent them

-> but No, I still don't get why Hope then learned that Amber had been the one refilling her pills
        and that Amber had listened to Hope telling Amber how Hope had almost drowned- and Amber at that time had not confessed about these dangerous pills and that they hadn't been from Hope's doctor,
        - and Hope still considered to let Amber continue to order pills for Hope (and Hope already had been warned by her therapist to not take anything they did not know where it was from)??

________

But that SL had me shake my head because it showed that Amber never changed and never matured.

Amber had lost a child (stillborn) the same year that Hope had been born.
        Amber was old enough to be Hope's mother, but she thought that it would be a good idea to continue to give Hope pills that might have speed or boric acids as fillers (Dayzee's warning when she talked to Amber)?
        How was that supposed to work? Deliver drugs to her love interests's sister and risk physical harm or death to that sister - but that would help Amber to win her love interest back?

It was the usual strange writing that had Amber warning Hope that she better should stop taking the pills - but when Hope asked for the reason, Amber just telling Hope that Hope does not need these pills - and if she does, Amber will just continue to provide them for Hope.
        No words about that the webpage had been taken down and Dayzee's warning.

Hope: Amber, what is it with you and--and my pills? What... (Chuckles) Amber, what are you doing?
        Amber: (Sighs) Mm. Don't get mad, okay? I-I was just--I was just trying to help you. Uh, you know me. I'm helpful to a fault. I give someone a kidney, throw myself in front of a bullet, uh, help you with your anxiety.
        Hope: Help me with... Amber, what are you talking about? Uh, Amber, what did you do?

Amber: (Sighs) Those pills that you've been taking, um, they're not from your doctor. She didn't give them to you. I did.
        Hope: You, Amber? You gave me those pills?

Amber: I just wanted to help you out.
        Hope: How did-- where did you get them?
        Amber: On the internet.
        Hope: Huh?
        Amber: Y--there's all these web sites.
        Hope: You snuck me medication without a prescription?
        Amber: Look, you--you seemed like you needed something, and--and--and I just felt really bad for you.
        Hope: (Chuckles) (Gasps) Oh, my God. I can't believe you did this. And the note, the--the--the "take as needed for anxiety"-- that was you. Why? (Scoffs)
        Amber: I-I heard you on the phone with your doctor, and--and she wouldn't give you any more, and you sounded really upset, and--and I knew that you needed help.
        Hope: (Chuckles) Wow.

Amber: Um, listen, the--the thing is, I don't think you should take any more.
        Hope: Why not?
        Amber: Well, because you don't really need them. Uh, you talked to Liam and everything's fine...
        Hope: (Laughs sarcastically)
        Amber: Right?
        Hope: Um, did you see the crowd of reporters outside the front gate? They might as well have torches and pitchforks.
        Amber: (Chuckles) See, you can joke about it.
        Hope: No... no, I can't just joke about it, Amber. I mean, yeah, I haven't taken that many, but you know, when I have, when I'm feeling anxious, the--the pills, they've helped. Oh, you know, I-I took those two from Dr. Barton, and then when I ran out, I thought I could just ask her for more, and obviously, she said no. (Sighs) And then when she changed her mind, or wh--when I thought she changed her mind... oh, I was just so relieved. (Sighs) (Sighs)

Amber: Well, I mean, if--if--if they really made you feel better, I could give you some more.
        Hope: You could?
        Amber: That's what friends do, right? They help each other out.
        (April 17, 2012)

Comment

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Blame Amber? Deflect to Amber's actions not Hope's decision.

• viennagirl
          viennagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I called Hope on her own stupidity when she kept taking them after she knew about their origin.

I don't know why I should not call Amber out on her actions.
          So you really understood why a 40 something woman would refill the medication and let her love interest's 19 year old sister believe that they are from her doctor,
          why that 40 something woman would continue to give the young girl drugs even after that girl had been harmed - and how that was supposed to help her to win that girl's brother back?
      • ABeth
        Senior Board Member
        • Jan 2019

I remember the pill popping princess storyline. Too bad Bell didn’t have the guts to follow through. He just dropped it, as if It is that easy to overcome an addiction to anxiety meds. (Can’t remember for sure if it was Xanax or another benzo). It’s not. Her anxiety should have gotten much, much worse as she went through withdrawals, but Bell just dropped it. Hope just quit with the flip of a pen, and it was never mentioned again.
        Last edited by ABeth; May 13, 2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          What the pills were from the intermet who don;t know. It was sort of a PSA. Yep Hope was insta cured with one plane ride. Just like Katie was insta cured from two heart attacks and a stroke in 48 hours. No follow up PT or OP.

• ILoveBizzie
          ILoveBizzie commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think she was on it long enough to have withdrawals. I know about benzos and Xanax from personal experience, not ashamed to say it either, anxiety is a very real problem and not something to be made fun of.
      • Kwaime
        Board Regular
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Historia View Post
        Well, that “taking Steffy’s power away” didn’t come out of nowhere. It was the results of months of Steffy taunting Hope and virgin-shaming her for waiting for marriage before sex.
        Steffy knew that using her sexuality and lust was the only hold she had on Liam so she used it to hold on that sham marriage of theirs.

Brooke, as someone who has used to the tactics on other women, she offered Hope advice to frustrate Steffy’s plans.
        She tried to make Hope understand that sex before marriage wasn’t that a big deal since Liam was a planning to marry her anyway. Obviously it was a bad advice since Hope felt pressured into her first time which started a fall into depression and panic attacks.
        The storyline was resolved after a month with Hope going to therapy ( that was saw on screen) and Lope resuming their wedding planning.

It is the only addiction storyline that got resolved through onscreen therapy and love and support as it should be.
        I liked that storyline and the characters motivations behind it.

At first really thought Bell was about to turn Hope into an other Taylor and have her murder someone on the side of the road.
        Brooke literally told Hope to forget about her principles to hold onto a man. That’s make her sick and immoral but what’s new

Hope complying meant she didn’t have faith in Liam’s commitment to her. AS IF she couldn’t keep him otherwise... TRUTH she knew Liam kissed Steffy while they were engaged and jumped on her a nano second after she ended their engagement... She did not worth a phone call ... he replaced her ASAP ...

Blame her all you want but Steffy could NOT break up Lope if Liam rejected her advances ... just like he resisted Hope’s while married to Steffy.
        But we all saw him salivating over his laptop showing Steffy on the runway ...

Blame her all you want but Steffy was just stating her opinion on the sex and relationships ... SEX is part of a mature relationship and is fine between 2 consenting adults.

If Hope REALLY had beliefs, she did NOT have to have sex PERIOD. But she ONLY wanted to show she was soooo better than Steffy and her mom ...

Her moral advantage vanished when she threw away her so called moral to hold onto a man ...

She showed the weakness of her character and then rightfully exposed as a liar, an Hypocrite and a fraud

BTW Taylor ACCIDENTALLY killed someone falling on the road .... she didn’t voluntarily pushed someone she hated from a cliff or an acid vat.

Taylor REALLY faced huge REAL drama in her life. She was kidnapped, she lost years in a coma, she lost her family, her daughter died, her nemesis destroyed the family she wanted to build with Nick (only because « anyone but Taylor ») ...

what was Hope and Brooke s reasons for addiction ? Bedding a married man and being dumped by a man ... These Logans are pathetic .... mean and weak
        Last edited by Kwaime; May 13, 2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Kwaime
          Kwaime commented
          Editing a comment
          Sharkswin I disagree. If Bill had not manipulated to make Liam think Steffy was still involved with him, Steam would have married again. Would they have last ? No idea. But that was Liam s plan .... until Hope used her pregnancy to wreck Kelly s home.
          Instead of reuniting with Steffy after he crushed Hopes plan... Liam went back to second choice and boinked Hope on the rebound and Beth was conceived. Since then there’s no way Liam could leave on her own pooor helplesss Whooppe who is as mature and self sufficient as my 12 years old. She is unable to take care of herself ... so his baby ... the. passionate encounter was AFTER the pregnancy new too ... before that Liam didn’t give a second though to Hope after he dumped her at the altar to reunite with Steffy
          Liam stated Steffy doesn’t need him. And it’s true. She’s may still want him (but not enough to fight like before) but she doesn’t need him...
          Steffy is too much for Liam to handle and Hope is surely better for him and it’s fine by me ... this average Joe was never in Steffy s league anyway ... average Hope with average brain and little talent and personality is his perfect match. Bland couple ..
          I just want an equal for Steffy : smart sexy successful bold gorgeous ... that s NOT Liam ... ????
          Last edited by Kwaime; May 16, 2020, 09:52 AM.

• Sharkswin
          Sharkswin commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^Disagree. Liam is happy with Hope right now cuz she IS his first choice from the beginning and a decade later..still IS. If he wanted a life with Steffy, he would have stayed with her even after she fessed up about the staged kiss. Plain and simple.

Last time we saw Steffy..she seemed to have accepted that Lope belong. So it's time for her to finally move on.

• B&B blonde
          B&B blonde commented
          Editing a comment
          Steffy has changed lol I guess not for long since she reverted back to her old ways any time the need arises. I also feel that had Ridge not continually made Liam feel guioltry about his unborn child that Liam would have never given steffy a second chance.
      • ILoveBizzie
        • Aug 2009

I think this thread could go downhill fast.

Please keep in mind that many people have issues with anxiety, having to use anti-anxiety medication, and know plenty of other people who do.

It’s not a laughing matter or anything to shame people for or make fun of them.

Hope isn’t real but the readers here are.

And in fact Linsey Godfrey has been open with the fact that she suffers anxiety and depression. I applaud her for that.

Also addiction is not a joke or a reason to bash anyone.

Comment

• NuttyAboutSoaps
          NuttyAboutSoaps commented
          Editing a comment
          ITA, Redhead Teacher, which is why I wish that soaps wouldn't even try to tackle these issues. They rarely do it well and usually wind up trivializing the issue and offending people.

• joncharmed93
          joncharmed93 commented
          Editing a comment
          All My Children did it well, Agnes Nixon lived to write these kinds of storys but she always did research and wrote them very well. Like Erica's brother being hooked on drugs and that iconic scene of Erica bringing out his tomb stone to show him where he will end up. Or Bianca's LGBT storyline of Erica's daughter coming out, another ground breaking and iconic scene. The problem isn't the soaps, the problem are the writers writing the soaps.

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          "Reel ;life" doesn't match "Real life". Especially on soaps. Bell wrote an addiction story lien for Hope Logan. That is what we got. What exactly the internet pills were we were never told. It was only stated that what you buy illegal pills on the internet many not be what you think. That said Hope was an actively engaged addict for 5 months and was insta cure on an air plane ride back to LA. Therapy helped her and her moving out odf Liam and stop having sex with a married man also helped.
      • Historia
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Kwaime View Post
        Brooke literally told Hope to forget about her principles to hold onto a man. That’s make her sick and immoral but what’s new

Hope complying meant she didn’t have faith in Liam’s commitment to her. AS IF she couldn’t keep him otherwise... TRUTH she knew Liam kissed Steffy while they were engaged and jumped on her a nano second after she ended their engagement... She did not worth a phone call ... he replaced her ASAP ...

Blame her all you want but Steffy could NOT break up Lope if Liam rejected her advances ... just like he resisted Hope’s while married to Steffy.
        But we all saw him salivating over his laptop showing Steffy on the runway ...

Blame her all you want but Steffy was just stating her opinion on the sex and relationships ... SEX is part of a mature relationship and is fine between 2 consenting adults.

If Hope REALLY had beliefs, she did NOT have to have sex PERIOD. But she ONLY wanted to show she was soooo better than Steffy and her mom ...

Her moral advantage vanished when she threw away her so called moral to hold onto a man ...

She showed the weakness of her character and then rightfully exposed as a liar, an Hypocrite and a fraud

BTW Taylor ACCIDENTALLY killed someone falling on the road .... she didn’t voluntarily pushed someone she hated from a cliff or an acid vat.

Taylor REALLY faced huge REAL drama in her life. She was kidnapped, she lost years in a coma, she lost her family, her daughter died, her nemesis destroyed the family she wanted to build with Nick (only because « anyone but Taylor ») ...

what was Hope and Brooke s reasons for addiction ? Bedding a married man and being dumped by a man ... These Logans are pathetic .... mean and weak
        I really have no interest in debating a triangle that I don’t care about. I know what I watched on my screen.

Stefy was DESPERATE, PATHETIC, WEAK chasing a man who was involved with another and offering sex because she knew his fiancé wanted to wait.

Hope was and stupid to allow Steffy’s stupid head to get in her head.

Taylor committed manslaughter when she drove without a license which resulted in the death of a family member.
        She was weak and pathetic when she allowed her young daughter to lie about what happened that night and carry the burden of her stupid actions.

And it was said on screen that what drove Taylor’s to alcohol was losing Ridge to Brooke.She started bedding men she didn’t know that picked at the bars. Looks like she is as weak as the Logans based on your standards.

Comment

• B-Hold
          B-Hold commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope was the "DESPERATE, PATHETIC, WEAK" by abandoning her stated morals, jeopardizing her image and line just to have sex with Liam not out of lvoe but to end his marriage to Steffi. Like mother, like daughter.

• Kwaime
          Kwaime commented
          Editing a comment
          B-Hold AND Hope almost tanked the line handed to her by her aunt when she was a one day intern ... a line Hope was too stupid to realize Katie came with ...
          Caroline s talent saved HFTF ...
          it’s funny how the show makes clear NONE of the Logan have any personnal talent except for marrying money and taking credit for other s ideas and talents
          Last edited by Kwaime; May 14, 2020, 10:16 AM.

• Sharkswin
          Sharkswin commented
          Editing a comment
          Kwaime - if none of the Logans have any talent professionally, then Steffy and Ridge failed miserably as CEO's in charge of FC for keeping them as employees. They should be fired for not doing their job correctly. LOL.

Thing is shown on screen that Brooke proved herself a successful business woman..she was a chemist that came up with the BeLief formula, she ran FC as the CEO, her bedroom line made a lot of money for FC. Same with Hope..she was in charge of HFTF line and her line was one of most successful lines at FC. These two women may have their flaws, but they were shown making contributions to FC's success.
      • SharikaC
        Senior Board Member
        • Oct 2015

The fact is that Bell have no business trying to write storylines about any serious topic. Hope's drug addiction, Brooke and Katie's alcoholism. Not to mention Maya's transgender story, which I still believe he pulled out of his ass and made it up as he went along. And don't get me started on the baby swap, which he had the opportunity to convince viewers like myself...who never believe in Hope/Liam that they were the couple to root for and failed miserably. He just don't do those stories well and/or it makes no sense whatsoever. Think he gets bored and come up with insta cures. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
          • Aug 2009

My point is we shouldn’t be using Hope’s addiction (or her virginity) to say she’s a bad person.

Yes, I know people who have been addicted to pills. I worked with a man who had addiction issues and was considering buying them from the internet when his brother was withholding his medication.

I know people who have taken extra medication when severely anxious or depressed.

Depression, anxiety, alcoholism, these things all run in my family and it doesn’t make them bad people.

Just like I never thought Taylor having alcohol issues meant her character was “trashed”. It’s called being human.
          Last edited by ILoveBizzie; May 14, 2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• B-Hold
            B-Hold commented
            Editing a comment
            Kwaime - Exactly! Another spot on post.

• Ella Munroe
            Ella Munroe commented
            Editing a comment
            Kwaime Yep. It's Hope's hypocrisy and her fake sense of moral superiority that make her a bad person.

• Kwaime
            Kwaime commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t even think Hope is bad. She s just weak, not very smart and delusional about herself... She’s Brooke without any sex appeal ...
        • Ella Munroe
          Board Regular
          • Feb 2019

That was after Liam had married and fallen for Steffy and so Brooke pushed Hope to "take away Steffy's power" by having sex with Liam . That actually happened. After Hope had sex with Liam the first time, Brooke showed up for the play by play the next morning (how gross) but she found that Hope wasn't basking in the afterglow. As I recall, Hope actually said that she had wanted Liam to stop but she remained silent. Probably because she was afraid he'd get back together with Steffy. After that, Hope needed to take Xanax to sleep with Liam.

She was called out by her fans for preaching abstinence while sleeping with a married man and that's part of why she had to take anti-anxiety pills. Hope knew she was a hypocrite.

One loose end that the show has never addressed is the fact that Liam never told Hope that Steffy signed the annulment papers in Aspen and he ripped them up. Liam could have been a free man when he left Aspen and he and Hope could have gotten married right away like she wanted. Instead, Liam remained silent about that and he let Hope move out because of her guilt over sleeping with a married man. They then had to wait for the divorce to be final. Even then, Steffy had to give her blessing for Liam to marry Hope or it never would have happened.

Hope came back from Milan acting like she had never done anything wrong yet here is the evidence. I was never a Hope fan but at least she had some personality back then. Now it's just one long cryfest.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X