Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unending fixation with Brooke Logan

Even when showing classic episodes we are subjected to the glorification of Brooke. I am SICK of it. I turned off today's episode 5 minutes after it started. That's it.

The Logans are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyboom View Post
      Even when showing classic episodes we are subjected to the glorification of Brooke. I am SICK of it. I turned off today's episode 5 minutes after it started. That's it.
      Imo that’s a shame because you missed a good episode.

The episode wasn’t glorifying Brooke, the marriage was doomed anyway. It was just a treat for the Beric fans, as they actually did have a fan base back when they first started. It was nice to see Brooke have a man devoted only to her for a while.

The episode is even amusing when you think of the show today. Donna wishing for a man like Eric and Brooke saying, “you can’t have him, he’s taken”, lol well yes Donna you would be able to have him!

Brooke and Eric in the balloon and I’m thinking and many years later Brooke will be in a balloon with one of the guest’s sons who we didn’t even know existed (or did he?) at the time.

It was also amusing seeing adult Felicia knowing someday she’d be rivals with Bridget, who wasn’t even born yet, and in that story they are close in age.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
        ILoveBizzie
        Soap Addict
        ILoveBizzie commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re welcome. 👍I love seeing vintage Brooke because she was just stunning back then, still is to me but wow, back in the 80s and 90s she looked like a 50s movie queen or something.

I do agree they should show more long ago characters. I think the problem is they’re showing too many recent episodes. I didn’t watch much during the 90s decade and would love to see more of those episodes, see Grant, James, Taylor, Connor, Dylan and Jessica, Sally Spectra, Clarke Garrison.

• lilyboom
        lilyboom
        Recurring Poster
        lilyboom commented
        Editing a comment
        You and I agree on the people we would love to see more of in the classic episodes. From our lips to the PTB's ears! 😁😂😂😁 I would also add Sheila!

• ILoveBizzie
        ILoveBizzie
        Soap Addict
        ILoveBizzie commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! Sheila and Lauren would be great!

I agree with everything u said. It just shows how sickening this Brooke lovefest is. I'm just annoyed they showed this wedding with Eric and Brooke instead of one with Eric and Stephanie. She was his true love.

Comment

Brooke is an original character. She was there since day one and many many storylines on this show centered her.
      They can’t show classic episodes without skipping hers.

I enjoyed seeing her weddings. Brooke is still the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen on this show.

Comment

• PennyB
        PennyB
        Aspiring soap scribe
        PennyB commented
        Editing a comment
        I've always been a Brooke fan and will continue to be. I don't like a lot of her choices...but she's still my favorite character!

• Soapsbarbie
        Soapsbarbie
        Day Player
        Soapsbarbie commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! Brooke is a iconic legendary soapy character, I also enjoyed all her weddings.

She's been the star of this show for a long time. It's hard to show episode without her in it.

Comment

• mahsa
        mahsa
        Day Player
        mahsa commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, not showing an episode with Brooke in it is not the issue as I understand it, it's not showing a bunch of episodes FOCUSED on Brooke that's the issue...

To each his own for sure.I love those older episodes kind of hard not to have Brooke in them when she was a big part of the show.

Comment

I get that Brooke has been on the bold and the beautiful since the beginning. But I feel like only one Brooke wedding should have been shown. The rest of the weddings should of also had Thorne and Darla, Bridget and Deacon, Eric and Sheila, Amber and Rick
        SheilaFan32
        Senior Board Member
        Last edited by SheilaFan32; May 7, 2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
          ILoveBizzie
          Soap Addict
          ILoveBizzie commented
          Editing a comment
          The only other character with two weddings this week was Liam. Speaks volumes about how popular SC/Liam is. He’s already on Brooke’s level!

Originally posted by SheilaFan32 View Post
        I get that Brooke has been on the bold and the beautiful since the beginning. But I feel like only one Brooke wedding should have been shown. The rest of the weddings should of also had Thorne and Darla, Bridget and Deacon, Eric and Sheila, Amber and Rick
        Maybe the focus was on the characters who are still actually on the show.
        Even thought I personally didn't want to see her, I was surprised the Taylor/Ridge wedding wasn't shown.
        I would love to have seen the 'Man and horse' episode again.

Comment

Originally posted by Historia View Post
        Brooke is an original character. She was there since day one and many many storylines on this show centered her.
        They can’t show classic episodes without skipping hers.

I enjoyed seeing her weddings. Brooke is still the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen on this show.
        Originally posted by texastrilogy12 View Post
        She's been the star of this show for a long time. It's hard to show episode without her in it.
        Originally posted by sundein44 View Post
        To each his own for sure.I love those older episodes kind of hard not to have Brooke in them when she was a big part of the show.
        Agree, agree, agree. Co-signing three times!

As much as I loved the Brooke/Ridge first wedding, my focus, just like the Katie/Bill wedding was on Stephanie. LOL
        Seeing her just made me miss her even more.
        I recorded though, so I can go back to watch at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by texastrilogy12 View Post
          And Liam is the same.

He has been on at least one episode each of these “classic” eps weeks. 🥰

Also Liam was the only other character in which two of his weddings were featured.
          ILoveBizzie
          Soap Addict
          Last edited by ILoveBizzie; May 8, 2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

The price of focusing on so few characters the last several years.

Comment

If you'll notice, the theme was actually weddings shot on location. They did not have any ceremonies which took place on sets.

And yes, it makes more sense to focus on characters who are still on the show. Moreover, Brooke and Eric are the only remaining original characters still played by the original actors, and they have two children together. Brooke is the show's original ingenue, from the moment she escaped from the would-be rapist in the opening post-credits scene of the very first episode.

But why let that get in the way of rewriting the show's history and ranting about a recent Logan "invasion", when the Logans - especially Brooke - were a huge part of its early years and in fact, more of its original cast were Logan family members than Forresters or Spencers!
              River
              Board Regular
              Last edited by River; May 11, 2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
                ILoveBizzie
                Soap Addict
                ILoveBizzie commented
                Editing a comment
                Very good points! Yep, the Logans were written as connected to the Forresters via Beth and Eric’s love in college, and there were many Logan characters (brother, three sisters, mother, grandmother).

Brooke is a star of the show . has been since day 1

Comment

I have had enough of Sheila to last a lifetime. We need some new blood. Bring back Thorne for Brooke. A man for Steffy of her own. Some intrigue like Rick and Thorne plan to take over Forrester together. Bring back the Avants and give Mrs Avant a job at FC. No one is interested in working. They have Steffy folding clothes and Ridge chasing women. Good heavens get rid of Flo.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X